• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE ROARING TWENTIES [T] (IC)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
THE ROARING TWENTIES

iaza13325055572500.png

NINE SPOTS CURRENTLY OPEN. RESERVATIONS ARE TO BE MADE IN OOC AND LAST FOR ONLY 24 HOURS.

PROLOGUE

Unova had just finished the Great War they had with Kanto, and at first it left a bitter taste in their mouth. The troops came home along with an influx of immigration, and Unova seemed unable to recover for a while there.

That was until, like a storybook, the economy swung around like a boomerang. Labor forces increased two-fold because of immigrants and returning soldiers, and people were earning higher wages. It appeared every industry synergized each other too, and there was much more money floating around the system for people to spend on whatever they wanted. Mass production made it so products once considered luxury items became available to the average Unovian, and the citizens sure didn't have to be told this fact twice before they took advantage of that. Prosperity and opportunity swept the land, a fleet that seemed impossible only a couple years previously.

And in 1923, Unova finally earned with the title "The Richest Country in the World."

Society as they knew it changed!

Technology and expressive mediums were having a renaissance all their own! Unovians enjoyed riding their affordable automobiles, watching silent and color movies, and most of all: listening to the radio. Adopting the medium from Johto, where it was quite popular, Unova took a shot at it. People loved the new entertainment, often splurging their money on fancy, expensive ones just to listen to their favorite station. Literature became freer to express the author's views, too. News, information, sports reports, and creative messages were never as accessible as they were now. Not to forget to mention the ever-so-popular jazz music; so popular that people forget that there were more genres than just that. And dance. Oh, dance. With music can the need to dance, and dance clubs became enormously popular with the public.

And everyone seemed to have electricity nowadays- something really only seen in big cities before. Telephone lines were being strung up everywhere, and indoor plumbing and modern sewer systems were now necessity. Cities started growing and popping up, due to the Unovian desire to live in a big city where there was plenty of opportunity to go around. Cities like Undella and Nimbasa sprung up because of this huge movement of urbanization.

Social changes were rampant as well: Women had more rights and freedoms due to a new voting amendment, and they started to express their new sense of individualism. Some decided to exercise their rights to obtain jobs and educate themselves, and some decided to express themselves in a fashionable way, wearing higher skirts and racy outfits. The latter kinds of women were dubbed Flappers. There was also the Lost Generation, jaded former war soldiers who were disgusted by the increase of materialistic values.

Ironically, as Unovian society was more liberal at the time (seeing everyone as equal; race, sexual orientation, gender, etc.), there was an increasingly xenophobic attitude towards immigrants. There was too many of them, they thought. They were polluting the good genes that America had.

And here comes the topping of the cake: Prohibition.

Prohibition prohibited the sale and manufacturing of Moomoo Milk, a drink obtained by milking a Miltank that is nutritious to Pokémon, but intoxicating to humans. But the happy-go-lucky Unovians wouldn't let this law slide. Many speakeasies (illegal bars) popped up, and crime rose to fill the citizen's need for bootlegged Milk. Mobs thrived, especially one in particular…. The Harmonia mob.

Basic point, though? Anything is possible. Anything.

tl;dr Prohibition Era + Black/White Version = Yes :3

BREAKING HEADLINES

The Harmonia, mentioned previously, is a powerful mob. They control most illegal Moomoo Milk distribution, and they hold a lot of political influence thanks to their money, manpower, and less-then-wholesome deals.

So lately, The Harmoniahas gotten very restless. Something has changed with them; they've gotten very hasty and ruthless in their decisions, and their attacks seem very pointless. No organization at all. What's going on here, exactly? Who are running these madmen?

Police have found one lead: they are run by a man or woman that likes to be known as Concord, someone who does not present themselves physically, but rather, by stickers depicting a joyous shiny Whimsicott. And that they focus mainly on anarchy. For what reasons? That's unclear. What is clear, though? That if you ever run into one of the Harmonia mobsters, be prepared for uncalled violence and attacks. There's just something inhuman about them….

Also, there are two new battlers on the scene, Jyoti, a woman who stylishly wears a white ensemble, and Melanthios, a man who stylishly wears…. You guessed it, a black ensemble. They seem to be researchers of some sort, real legendary Pokémon buffs. She specializes in the Autumn Category and he in the Spring Category. What's so special about them? Dunno. They're pretty weird.

….And the environment around them seems to take notice. When they're around, nature itself seems to want them dead. Subtle distortion tatters the space they inhabit. Or maybe it's just us being all superstitious? Or it could just be rumor- I mean, plenty of people are jealous of them. They're pretty skilled battlers. Wonder what they're up to? They seem to know each other very well, but you never see them together. Pretty strange. Worthy of investigation!

SO YOU'RE HAVING IDENTITY ISSUES

Let me remind you who you are. You are a citizen of Unova during this time period, whether you are a native, immigrant, whatever. What matters is that you're here.

And what do you plan to do with your life? Maybe you want to be the champion of the Pokémon League, the possibly wealthiest industry tight now. Maybe you want to coordinate and dance. Maybe you're just looking for a good thrill. Maybe you're running away from home.

Whatever your reasons, you want to go on a Pokémon journey through the really nice Pokémon League they got here in Unova. So what do you do? Aren't you supposed to go to a professor and get your starter and Pokedex and what-now?!

NO SILLY.

You go to the league offices in Nuvema Town and fill out your documents.

SU:
Code:
[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]What is your Name?:[/FONT][/B]
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua](First? Middle? Last? Honorifics? Full name please.)[/FONT][/I]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]Are you known by any nicknames?:[/FONT][/B]
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua](Pretty straightforward, right?)[/FONT][/I]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]Current Age?:[/FONT][/B]
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua](15-25)[/FONT][/I]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]Gender?:[/FONT][/B]
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua](Male, Female, and Everything In Between!)[/FONT][/I]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]How would you describe your typical appearance?:[/FONT][/B]
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua](Are you the cute blond with blue eyes or are you rocking the saucy Latina librarian?)[/FONT][/I]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]What's your Personality?:[/FONT][/B]
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua](How do you act? Pros? Cons? Neutrals?)[/FONT][/I]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]Please transcribe (briefly) about your life history:[/FONT][/B]
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua](You didn't suddenly come out of thin air.)[/FONT][/I]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black][B]What is your life Aspiration?:[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black](Breeder, Coordinator, Gym Battler, Professor, Other, Combination, or Something Else? Get Creative!)[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]What Starter would you like to receive from us?:[/FONT][/B]
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua](Will start at Level 5. Cannot be Legendary. Moveset will be given to you. Any generation. Must be completely un-evolved.)[/FONT][/I]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]Please attach an example of how you RP.[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][I](If this is your first RP or you want to write fresh, please ask me to create you something to work with. I'd be happy to accommodate you needs.)[/I][/FONT]

….What was that? PokéDex and Pokéballs? Well I don't know what a PokéDex is…. But, if you ever want to look up info on a Pokémon, feel free to go to your local library. You can buy Pokéballs with your own money in the next town up ahead. What, were you expecting freebees?

Now, you smell that? The smell of think gasoline fumes and villainy? That's the smell of opportunity, my dear! Now hop to it! First gym is in Striaton.

NOTE: If you want to be an immigrant, please take note of this Real-Places-to-Regions rubric:

Spoiler:

Mechanics

Due to the old-fashioned setting, the system of typing has not been fully developed. It works, but not as effectively as today's system does. Pokémon were placed in one of five groups, yoking varieties of Pokémon with similar strengths and weaknesses. Also, the term "Types" isn't used yet. They are instead "Categories." Since the main four groups were like the seasons (one being weak to the season it came after but weak to the one ahead,) they were named accordingly. But due to its lack of specificity, there is only a ½ chance that a category-effective move turns out to be super-effective. Both Pokémon and Moves can only be of one category. (Ex, there cannot be any Spring/Winter Pokémon.)

"AUTUMN" GROUP
Pokémon in this group tend to be strong against: SUMMER
They tend to be weak against: WINTER

"WINTER" GROUP
Pokémon in this group tend to be strong against: AUTUMN
They tend to be weak against: SPRING

"SPRING" GROUP
Pokémon in this group tend to be strong against: WINTER
They tend to be weak against: SUMMER

"SUMMER" GROUP
Pokémon in this group tend to be strong against: SPRING
They tend to be weak against: AUTUMN

"ODD" GROUP
Pokémon in this group tend to be strong against: ODD
They tend to be weak against: ODD

This is a non-statistical RP.

To level your Pokémon: You must train them! You can battle them on a route; battle an NPC trainer, etc. Any way that gets them battle experience. The more creative and detailed your training experience, the more levels! (Limit to two levels per post.)

To catch a Pokémon: When in a place containing Pokémon, there will be encounter rates. (Common-Uncommon-Rare.) You will also have different kinds of Pokéballs, so please specify what kind of ball you're going to use. Take note of possible advantages to the situation! What works best? When you want to catch something, make sure you have balls in your bag, write about the battle up to the ball being thrown. Depending on what ball you used, the rarity, the descriptiveness of the battle, and if someone else has already captured that specie of Pokémon, I will judge whether or not the capture was successful.

Learning Moves: Pokémon can only learn up to four moves. Moves are very important in this RP, because they are more advanced in effects to make up for the simplified typing system. Choose wisely. Oh, and same Pokémon may learn similar but different movesets. Remember, every Pokémon is unique!

Ability: They exist in this RP, however, they are a tad different then the games. You can activate your ability only once per battle, and usually, it only lasts one turn. But they provide you with some sort of advantage- so use it wisely. AND DON'T ABUSE THE ABILITY. Please respect the confides of your Pokémon's ability, or I'll have to replace the perpetrator Pokémon's ability to "Dead Arm."

DEAD ARM – Because of this Pokémon straining its previous ability to the brink, its body is no longer capable of performing it again. It now has no ability.

And if you continue to disrespect this rule, saying your Pokémon can still use the ability, you threaten yourself with banishment from this RP.

----

To battle a fellow RP'er: I expect you to decide the winner. If you want me to decide, I certainly will be glad to do so! But no complaints on my decision. And I won't be biased. I don't care who wins.

To battle Gym Leader: You will battle me! I will assess your chances of winning (no complaints) and ask you to pick a number between a certain amount. I will assign secretly what numbers lead to your victory and what lead to defeat. The better suited for the challenge you are, the more likely you will win! And I'm honest, so don't worry about cheating. If anything, I want you to win. But, I got to make it balanced without stats!

To battle NPC: You can create NPCs and beat them (or not) as you wish. However, in gym challenges, I will create gym trainers. In contests, in the final battle rounds, I will create NPCs that you must face.

Policy for Followers: If you want to have a traveling partner with your main character, that's fine! You can have up to two. Only your first character takes up a spot.

----

Gym Challenges: Go in and refer to (To battle a Gym Leader and to battle an NPC) above for more information.

Contest Challenges: There are three levels of challenge.

Modeling: You will dress up your Pokémon with the props in the Contest dressing rooms (Get creative with what you find!) then have your Pokémon strut its stuff on the catwalk. The more creative and descriptive model gets higher points!

Musical Presentation: To all that survived, your Pokémon must now perform an appeal to music. The genre of music will be at random and told to you before you go on. Get creative, as usual. The more suited to the genre the appeal is, the more likely to survive.

Showcase Battle: The best of the best go head-to-head in a special kind of battle where the opponents aren't so focused on knocking out the other, but looking awesome doing it! Battle the NPC in a stylish way and show me you're a good sport by showing them try to beat you, the more likely you'll win. I will decide if you won or not. You will go through two of these kinds of battles to see if you're the winner.

General Rules

· I am GM, what I say goes. If you have any complaints, questions, or comments, please VM/PM me. In the occasions when my character has to judged or something that needs a GM, I will appoint someone as my stand-in GM for me specifically, so it's fair to everyone. Anyone that's interested in being my personal GM, please contact me.

· There will be no bunnying, which means taking full control of someone else's character without their permission. If you feel that your character has been bunnied, PM me with the post url. I will check it over and see if this is a true-blue offence. If it is, that bunnying user will have 1 pt against them towards being kicked.

· There will be no godmodding, which means acting like you're the game master and creating important details in your post without my permission. If you want to add something that would completely change the course of your story, please PM about it first for good measure. Since I want you to be creative, I'm usually gonna be very laid-back with this and unless it does something that changes what I have in mind for this RP. Also, your character is not perfect. They can be the very best if the work towards it, not because you just say that your level 2 Bagon beats the champion's level 100 Charizard. Besides, I've enacted a lot of stuff to prevent this, so you're actually gonna have to try to godmod.

· All usual RP Corner rules apply, of course.

· No magically appearing anything. I will also be taking tally of your Pokemon, their moves, your bag items, etc. If you have no Pokeballs, you cannot snatch that Abra by pulling out your surprise great ball your grandpa gave you when you were five and kept in your pocket that you've never mentioned until this point. If you're dead broke and you do find a Pokémon you'd like, well.... you could write something creative to get it. Like shoving it in your backpack after you beat it unconscious.

· Inactivity is bad for this RP. If you think you will be gone for more then a week, please PM me your situation and I'll give you a break. If you think your absence will be longer then two weeks, well, sorry, but you'll be kicked from the RP. You'll also be kicked from the RP if you are too far behind.

· Be creative, be creative, be creative, be creative, be creative, be creative, be creative.... if you want to have a rival/travel partner, go ahead.

· If you are caught breaking the rules, you will get what I like to call a "point against you." Bunnying, Godmodding, etc. will get you 1 pt against you. Three points and you're kicked from the game.

I'VE READ EVERYTHING AND HAVE MY SU. WHAT DO I DO?!

You send in your SU to the OOC in the Roleplay Lounge!

Click Me! :3

There are [9] spots currently available. I will also be participating in this RP!

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Chapter A; Entry A

The sun decided to finally peek in and say hello right when I least expected it to. As I regained my consciousness, I couldn't help but thinking that the night had gone by too quickly. It felt like only ten or so minutes since I closed my eyes last! How could a whole.... excuse me, checking the wall clock ....five hours go by unnoticed? Oh well then. No matter. Besides, today's going to be an absolutely amazing day! Wanna know why? Today is the day-

Goodness gracious. These sheets are a mess. They've been starched quite heavily for some reason. I don't think the owners of this place really know what starch does.... but I can't blame them for wanting their tenant's rooms to have that little somethin'-somethin' that the other makeshift "Inns" don't have. These guys apparently can afford to go to the next town over's (Accumula Town I think it's called) to get their linens dry-cleaned. I think that's a big deal to them. It would be for me, too, I suppose. I should thank them for that during breakfast. But boy is it like swimming in ice- I don't think I can fight my way out of here! This looks like a job for.... The Bed Sheet Avenger! Pow, pow! Take that, sheets! No one confines my dear Witthoefft! Smack, Smack! That ought to teach ya! Oh, Bed Sheet Avenger.... you're so great and handsome and strong.... Well I am you. Giggle.... I know.

Needless to say, I did manage to get out of those sheets and gaze upon the room I bought the night before after getting off that boat. Those sailors weren't particularly nice when they found me hitchhiking, but I don't blame them. It's sort of like getting a free meal by stealing out of someone's fridge. I remember my heart pounding when in the evening they found me in that broom closet trying to catch a wink of sleep.

"What are you doing here?! Who are you?!" The taller and beefier of the two men that found me said as he grabbed me by the fluffy neck of my sweatshirt.

"No, no! I'm not causing any trouble! Let me go and we can talk!" I said automatically Johtan, unknowing what to do. I wasn't really scared per se (I don't get scared, really) but this man was a bit intimidating when his angry, interrogative mug is the first thing you see after being awoken by a choking yank of your throat.

"What? Speak in Unovian, brat!" I think he said; I don't remember the exact wording or what he actually meant. Translating isn't the first thing you're doing in this kind of situation. My mind was far more clouded by thoughts of this man killing me right then and there. Okay, so I was a tad scared. Realizing my mistake, I tried my best to translate what I said before. I don't really know why this language barrier problem wasn't foreseen in my plans before. I mean, I took Unovian in school, but I was far from fluent.

"Em.... I am no c- cause- causing here trouble, sir. You re- release? me and we talk."I uttered. I knew that was butchered as I said it, and the befuddled eyes of the man before me were uncomforting reassurance that my theory was true. He did let me go and drop to the floor, leaving my stunned body to feel a sharp pain in my back as I landed. My nerves were slowly coming back to me though, now that I had more of a mental grasp of what was happening and my fright had dissipated. But I still had to watch my words in case the man wanted some teenage Johtan brains to feed his fists. But I'm quirky and personable! I'd be fine.

Wow my back was really starting to hurt. Oh do I remember that clearly. Ow.

"Ugh, can you get a translator or somebody in here for this moron?" the sailor said, placing his hands on his hips and huffing out air as if it were smoke from eternal fire. Although I remember this sentence, I really only get the gist. The sad part is listening to the language being spoken if my strongest suit. I can't even read it. But, at least I know what's going on around me somewhat. Thanks goodness above for those classes. Otherwise I would've been completely screwed right then.

"What about Sun? His dad was a Sinnohese immigrant."The other sailor finally chimed in with.

"Dumbass, Sinnoh and Johto are completely different countries, let alone culture and languages!"

"Well they all look the same to me! They're too similar!"

"No! Johtan characters are like more smooth and the people are supposed to be more yellowish or something- Gah, just get someone, alright?!"

The other man scurried off while the bigger sailor looked down upon me. He sighed and lowered his hand for me to grab. I gratefully did so, smiling as I got onto my feet for the first time that moment.

"Pth. Just a kid." He mumbled, unknowing that I heard him. "Can you understand basic words and stuff?

"Yes, I can." I replied. He seemed to be disarmed by the light demeanor; well I guess anyway, he just seemed less tense when I got back into the groove of things. I wasn't really shaken all that much. I mean, living with my mother certainly incensed me to that kind of stuff.

"What is your name?" he asked.

I had to think about this one. I sort of wanted to drop my real name in favor of something more Unovian, you know, to start over. My real name reminded me too much of my mother.

"I no have one," I decided.

"What?" the man said, obviously confused. "Who doesn't have a name?"

"Me."

"What a lovely breakfast you've prepared, Ryokan-san!" I said to the Ms. Motou, one of the owners of the home. She made an absolutely amazing breakfast with.... rather pale pancakes, but I'm sure they're going to be scrumptious! She's also Johtan, so I'm able to speak it to her in our native language. Let me tell you, that has made my stay in Unova so far run smoothly. So glad I found this place.

"Why thank you!" She beamed as she poured some syrup on my food. I sat down at the table and immediately picked up my fork, not hesitating to shove those pancakes down my throat. Hey, I'm pretty hungry. Could you blame me? I haven't eaten since I was in Johto! I was being careful though as to not ruin my night clothes. Or, my white-and-gray striped tank top and black boxers. Which reminds me.... I got to grab my messenger bag and get dressed soon. I like that bag. It was really nice of- oh! I didn't finish my story. Sorry.

The man eventually had to bring me into his quarters since all the translators were locked inside of their rooms. He sat me down on a bed while he laid back on a wall and thought. I was probably a really difficult thing to decide on. I was a nameless Johtan young man who he barely could communicate with, and taking me back to my country would take up precious time and resources, and allowing me to continue onwards to Unova unregistered would mean he was transporting an illegal alien (something that could make him lose his job.) And I doubt he wanted to murder me. He would've already. As he crossed his arms and looked over to me, I raised my eyebrows in alertness and concern for him. I felt kind of bad I was giving him all this trouble.

"Alright. If you don't have a name, we can give one. What letter do you like?" he proposed.

I gave him a look of confusion. I didn't really get what he said. Reading that on my face, he became a bit tad annoyed.

"Let's do.... W or something then if you can't decide."

"You give me name?" I said, trying to confirm what he was doing.

"Ugh. Yes, that's for joining the program." he said sarcastically.

"Thank you. You nice." I said blissfully.

The man paused for thought. "What about Walter? You like Walter?"

"I like water," I said, mishearing him.

"No. Walter."

"Walter?" I asked curiously. What was a Walter? Was I saying "water" wrong?

"Okay, not Walter. We need something with a simpler pronunciation so you don't get confused."

What. I did not understand a word of that. What was happening? Were we still giving me a name?

"Oh. I got it. We can name you the same thing as my brother. How's Witthoefft? Witt-Hoff. Simple enough."

"Witt-Hoff?" I echoed. I liked it.

"And you can borrow my cousin's last name. Evans. Okay?"

I nodded my head, thinking he was asking me if I liked Evans as a potential name, too.

"Good. Simple, easy, done. Let me write it on your arm so you don't forget. Which I know you would." He said, then going into a drawer and rummaging around to pull out a permanent marker. He walked over to me and uncapped it. "Pull up that fluffy mess of a sleeve, boy."

I recognized the words "Pull up" and "Sleeve," so I did just that. Man, what happened to me being good at listening? I barely understood that entire conversation and now I was letting the guy come at my arm with a marker. He just talked too fast for me. I went along with whatever he said at that point. He grabbed my arm and wrote down two words, which I looked at when he let me go.

"WITTHOEFFT EVANS" it read. I tried to take it letter-by-letter, ailing to remember what sound they individually made before trying to group them. I came out with "Witfh-eff-it Ev-ahns."Was this supposed to be my name? What happened to Witt-Hoff? Or Evans?

The man knelt in front of me and I looked up from my riddled arm. "I'm going to talk slow now so you can understand me." He said. I faintly nodded my head again. "That is your name now, never forget it. I don't need anybody finding out that you're in Unova illegally because of me. If anyone asks, you changed your name to that after passing through the island. I'm going to give you a messenger bag filled with some old clothes I can find, and once we pass by near Nuvema Town, you're going on one of our life rafts to shore. Are you with me so far? Repeat me."

Repeat. That was a word I heard loud and clear. But how would I....? Um....

"Name is on arm. No forgetting. No tell of ell-legal. Bag with clothes is given to me, and I go on raft to land."I said slowly and carefully. That is what I thought he said, so hopefully it was right.

"Close enough." He sighed.

Oh thank goodness. The last thing I needed was this guy stressed out again. Poor fellow. I've given him so much grief.

"It was nice of you to pick us for your stay here." Ms. Motou said as we stood outside, me placing coins I had in her hand. At least I didn't leave home without some money.

"It was a great stay, I might add. You keep a great home." I said.

"Oh, such a charmer you are. Good luck with those Trainer Papers."

I walked away backwards to wave at her. I mean, they let me into their home and didn't steal my stuff while I slept! That's gotta mean something. I adjusted the messenger bag on my back once more before I turned around and headed for what Ms. Motou described as a "rather large brick building" somewhere.

Eeeee! I'm getting my first Pokémon! I jumped up and had a dance in my walk. The fact finally hit me.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Chapter 1, part 1
A Whole New World

Edmund looked at the stadium around him in awe, his shirt ruffling in the wind. The stadium's seats were full of screaming fans as a battle raged overhead. He knew one of the Pokemon were likely his as he stood on the field but he was confused about one thing alone. Was this real?

Just a dream, he thought as he woke up to see the guest room ceiling. He was a guest in his sister's house as he came to Nuvema Town the night before for one reason. He was going to receive his own Pokemon and become a trainer. An Official Trainer® at that. The only thing he needed to do now was turn in his Trainers Papers to the Registry Building. He only hoped waking up early would get him in early!

Looking forward at the day, Ed started to get ready. He took a quick shower, changed his clothes, and was tying his shoes at the front door when his sister, Roxanne, walked in.

"You don't plan on leaving without saying good-bye, do you?" She said. "And what about breakfast?"

"Good ol' sis," he said to her. "Always the worrier."

She smiled at me and I slipped my shoes back as she urged me to the kitchen. She told him to sit at the table and then went to make some eggs for the both of them. Always the stubborn one too, Edmund thought.
"So, why were you outside so early?" he asked curiously.

"Oh, just getting some chores done while Jacob's at work," she replied, flipping the eggs.

"I forgot," Ed started, "but where does he work again?"

"At the boatyard. His Machoke and him are the head builders." She once again fipped the eggs before turning back to him. "They've been working on this ship for the last couple months to get it seaworthy." She quickly finished the eggs after turning back around and gave some to both herself and Edmund.

He thanked her before moving on in the conversation. "Does he bring Rose too?" Rose was his sister's Ninetales as well as a friend to their whole family since she was a Vulpix.

"Sometimes," she answered, taking a bite of her egg. "But he only does for their bigger welding projects. She tends to get it done faster than their blowtorches. By the way, you should go their after you get your Pokemon, you might learn something useful."

"Maybe I will," he said to her before he finished his eggs. He proceeded to getting up and washing them before turning back to hear his sister say something.

"Did you even taste them?" she asked, though in an obviously joking manner.

"Ha ha," he replied to her. "I'll try and stop by later. Hopefully with my new partner."

His sister smiled and gave him a hug before he departed, telling him to make sure he stopped by.

Leaving the kitchen, Ed slipped on his shoes and opened the front door to see Nuvema Town in it's glory at daytime, something he didn't see last night. He was relieved to finally be able to start his new life to day and the new environment around him sparked the thought even more. He looked ahead and saw the Registry just down the street as he realized he was lucky to be so close. All around it there was a slowly increasing crowd. Somehow, he knew he would get a good spot in line, mainly because of his early departure and distance from the building, as well as the crowd not having many people quite yet.

Knowing he had some time, Ed took his walk slow and took his time to gaze at the beautiful town around him. It seemed to be becoming more industrialized but it still kept that charm that you only see within the nicest of places. The Pokemon in the town also seemed to enjoy the town. The Wild Ones, mainly bug and bird-like Pokemon were basking in the sunlight and those partnered with trainers were having a blast, training or playing with their partners.
I'll be having fun with a Pokemon like that soon, he thought.

He arrived at the building within a couple minutes and walked inside to see it sprawling with Pokemon and trainers, those applying and those who received membership. "Hmm," he hummed to himself, "Maybe the group outside was only the excess trainers..."

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
"Rhys!"

Rheanne chuckled at the oh-so-familiar whine from behind the door. Sion was such a child. She paused delicately for a moment, as if she hadn't heard and was regathering herself. Sion shouted again through the door. She could picture his flushed face without much difficulty. Was it always this much fun to tease someone... ooh most definitely! There was a sudden bang. Ah, patience was most certainly not one of her virtues now was it? Fine then, she would have to quit playing with him. Or... nah.

"Honey just why are you banging on the door?" Rhys inquired lightly, easing it open a crack. "I'm right here." She smiled gently through the crack, ducking from a flying pillow. "You're making so much noise today for someone who was only half-asleep moments earlier. Could something be wrong?"

"Oh Rhys spare me the bullroar," pouted Sion through the door. "Please just give me my clothes back. I refuse to wear that... whatever it is you threw on the bed."

Rhys couldn't hold back her smirk now. "But sweetie blue is your color," she gushed with a laugh. "It looks gorgeous on you."

"I ain't wearin' a dress. Now hand me my clothes!" Sion was growling curses through the door, glaring at Rhys. Rheanne inwardly sighed. Oh she was just no fun. It was nice when he swore like that though. Being from a different part of Kanto (and a much more luscious lifestyle, Rhys thought with a grin), the Kantonian language they had both first learned was different. Not to mention Sion knew many languages on her own. Words were her specialty. Rhys was action-oriented. That was fine.

"Fine sweetie but when you get the funny looks you can't cry now you hear?" She passed them through the open door, shaking her head in amusement.

"I'd rather look like a pretty boy than a hideous girl," Sion mumbled sulkily, snatching the fabrics without a thank you. Rhys frowned a little then smiled. Sion's odd complex was so interesting! She couldn't wait to delve deeper into his secrets. A few minutes later brought Sion out of the room and Rhys twirling at the entranceway with a smile. Sion adjusted her black belt with a grimace. "I'm really thin."

"It's because you don't eat enough meat honey," Rhys quipped, wrapping her arms around the girl from behind and kissing her cheek. "Forgot this," she added, placing the beret on Sion's head. Sion flushed slightly and nodded. Rhys tilted her head. "What's the matter love? You're the one who's all excited for this journey after all. I'm just here for the show."

"Mm..." Sion muttered. "I just... my parents..."

"You're never going to see them again," Rhys said dismissively. Being behind her, Rhys didn't catch Sion's brief change in expression at her tone. Rheanne never worried about parents. She didn't and never would meet her own. She couldn't quite grasp their importance from Sion, who didn't speak of them often. As far as she was concerned, anybody who could cause their child to run away from the house to an entirely different region deserved to be shot. And not in a good way. "And if you somehow do, I'm with you sweetie. Now let's go before the crowds get too big." Rheanne moved in front of her and patted her cheek.

Sion blinked blankly and nodded, grabbing his bag with a thoughtful look on his face.

~~

"Ooh, so many people!" Rhys squealed delightedly inside the office, forgetting to use her garbled Unovian. Why bother learning the language when you had Sion? "I wonder how many of them are single. What do you think sweetheart?"

Sion sighed and grabbed her hand, preventing her from running off. There was a lot of noise surrounding them, which made Sion tenser than ever. "I think they have no idea what hormones are Rhys. Now please stay here while I go get in line for our forms. I am not chasing you in this."

"Ookay!" The brunette replied cheekily, saluting him with a hand, going back to staring around from the bench. Sion snorted and hurried into the group. There were so many people in this crowd. And their Pokemon were everywhere. Interesting.

Now... what would she choose?

(Forgive its lack of length. I wanted to leave it open for Witt.)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Chapter A; Entry B

I've been standing in line for a good ten minutes now. It's really starting to get tiring. Maybe only getting five hours of sleep didn't help, but the boring, stagnating atmosphere in this place was more likely the culprit of my drowsiness. Many people just up and left the line, which seems to be the only contributing factor to this line moving. But I'm too determined about this to give up. I start to think about all the different kinds of Pokémon I could meet on my journey…. I image Teddiursas to Corsolas, Swamperts to Zubats. They come in so many different varieties, Pokémon. Simply Magical.

"Hey there, cutie." squeaked a high-pitched voice near me.

I turn my head to find a young woman, maybe a year or two younger than me, wearing a funny white sun hat with a big red fabric rose coming off of the right side. It was the first thing that you saw on her before you moved down to see her petite shallow nose and buggy cerulean eyes. She obviously took a lot of care of her face; her brunette eyebrows waxed into seductive and slim arcs, her makeup applied just enough to make her as gorgeous as could be, and her complexion without a flaw.

"Where are ya from? Ya certainly don't look like the rest of these palookas." She asked in that same adorable Pachirisu voice.

"I- I am Johtan." I said rather loudly, trying to talk over the crowd which my new companion did with comparative ease. The girl's voice was the perfect tone for this sort of thing.

"Fas-cin-natin'. I've always loved those uh…. Tch, oh- what were they called? Kimonas? Kimoners! Yes, I think they're real pretty. Your mama or sis wear a Kimoner?"

Of course I was utterly confused. This woman was very hard to follow with her slang and rhythm. Did she just ask me if I wore a Kimono?

"No," I replied. "I no wear Kimono."

"Not ya, silly billy. Your mama. Ya know, the woman who popped ya out?" She said with a flirtatious giggle.

"Popped? What is mama?" I questioned. She paused for a second and read my face, it painted with utter disorientation.

"Oh I get ya." She said finally as she slanted her body and placed her tiny little hand on her hip. "You don't speak Unovian very well, do ya honey?"

I turned by head in almost a bit of defeat. Sigh. I really should've paid extra attention to those language classes. I always knew that the day I was able to I would run away from my mother. Why didn't I prepare for this?! "No," I admitted.

"Oh, ya poor fella. This world probably seems real in-tim-i-datin'. Tell ya what. Ya stick with me for a while and I'll show ya the ropes. M'kay cutie?" She proposed with a wink.

….Still not getting what she's saying. "I travel with you for while?" I ask to make sure.

"I could use the company." She chortled.

"Yes," I said. So could I. She was charming enough.

----

"Thank you so much for applying with us. Here is your Ranch Voucher. You are now an Official League Trainer®." The clerk said, sounding very rehearsed.

"Oh! Thank ya so much. Ah-ha-ha!" The woman said as she kissed the voucher with her small cherry-red lips.

"Next." The bored man in front of her said, gloomily shifting his eyes onto me.

I approached the counter and smirked, trying to lighten the man's mood. Receiving dark, baggy eyes in response I knew I immediately failed. But I still continued to smile back anyway. I couldn't help myself.

"Welcome to Nuvema Town's Registry Building. I'm guessing you're here to become an Official League Trainer®?"

"Yes!" I said in response to hearing the last three words.

"Excellent," the man said back, in a less than thrilled tone as he dug out a clipboard and pen. "I'm going to ask you ten questions to test your ability and eligibility. Yes, this is the part where you present me with your cards and information."

C- Cards and what?

"Question One. Name?"

Oh! Name! I pull up my sleeve and show him the writing on it with enthusiasm. I'm pretty happy that I have a name that sounds Unovian. Well, I shouldn't say that, I'm just happy to have a new start. The man looked back at me with a curious gaze.

"Pronounce this name for me." He asked.

I brought the arm back to my body and read from it. "Witfh-eff-it Ev-ahns," I announced. The man gave me a dirty look and wrote something down on his clipboard. "Question Two," he continued, "Are you a legal citizen of the Unova region?"

Oh dearie. Well…. The sailor did say I shouldn't tell of my illegality, so…. "Yes," I say.

"Okay. Show me your papers."

"P- paper?"

"Yes, your papers."

"No have no paper." I said.

The man took off his reading glasses and looked me dead on with his aged, jaded eyes. "Do you even own papers like that?"

"I- I-" I stutter, unknowing what to do.

"What a ridiculous thing to say!" chirped in the woman beside me. I almost forgot she was there. "Of course he's legal." She said, grabbing onto my arm.

"Then I'm going to need papers." The man affirmed.

"Ya didn't ask me for papers," she noted. "Why are you asking him?"

"Because he's obviously not from here. Listen to him talk."

"And who are ya to be the judge of that? And another thing," she said, letting go of my arm in favor of pointing at the man with a prickly finger. "Are ya saying ya profile peoples?"

"I don't-"

"Did'ya know it's against the Pokémon League rules to judge peoples based on race nowadays?"

"Well-"

"And do ya realize who you're talkin' to?"

"And whom am I talking to?" He mocked, finally able to get in a word.

"Check my name again." She said, presenting the Trainer Paper she just got.

"Didn't you call yourself Sweetheart or some-"He said before taking sheets and reading them. "Yeah, right here. Pretzel "Sweetheart" Krakowi. Odd name."

"Oh. You're such a moron. I said Shprintzel Krakowski. At least you got the sweetheart part."

"You're- You're Sweetheart Shprintzel Krakowski? I don't believe that. Lemme see your ID."

The woman slipped him her driver's license and he blushed once he realized the legitimacy of her claim. I didn't really get it- why did her name make her so special? Was it because it took a couple of days to learn how to say it?

"I'm- I'm so sorry Ms. Krakowski…. Lemme just fix your papers and whip up some for your friend- uh, Width or whatever there. Hehe." He said, desperately scribbling out his mistakes and writing down whatever he thought of onto mine. As the man struggled, the woman snuggled up on my arm again and giggled. I was simply lost for words. What exactly just happened?

----

"Woo, golly are my feet tired. Let's go sit over there, Witty." The woman said as we walked arm and arm away from the crowd. Now that there weren't tons of people around us, I noticed how extravagant her appearance was. Her skin was sensually tanned, obviously she not being a stranger to days at the beach. She had long, curly golden hair that had to have been artificially tampered with because it seemed pasted on. Her sleek, white canvas jacket did all it could to grant her hourglass curves, helped only by a big red ribbon tied onto her belly that ended in a huge bow behind her like a Kimono to give her midsection more meat on it. She also had brown fishnet stockings accompanied by tall white lady boots with six-inch heels to give her more height. Even so, she was still half a head shorter than myself. I don't like judging people, but to me, she seems like she's trying too hard.

"Thank you for help," I said as I got reminded by the feel of folded papers in my hand.

"No problem, honey. Anytime ya need me." She whispered for some reason. "My daddy is a big man in the Pokémon League. I bet you heard of him? Mr. Krakowski?"

"Uh…." I muttered.

"Oh, tch, right. Johtan. New guy. Haha." She said amusingly. "You're probably going to meet him later if ya want anythin' to do with the league. I'm Shprintzel, his heiress. But everybody calls me Sweetheart."

We sat down on a bench, me in the middle of Sweetheart and another girl. Shprintzel took this as an opportunity to straighten out her hair with her fingers in a heart-shaped compact mirror while I decided to look around. I turned my head to take a peek at the girl next to us and ended up making direct eye contact.

"Hi," I had to say. I cracked a half-smile. Everyone so far in this town has been really nice! Hopefully this girl would be, too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Errol Gray
Chapter I, Part I

Morning came like a punch in the face, I swear. I never liked how the sun came through the only window in my house in the morning to make my eyes bleed. Sure, I could have moved my bed but seriously, where was there to move it to? My house was small enough as it was and moving my bed would mean I would have to take everything out and everything back in. Then the neighbours would ask what I was doing and I would have to explain it to everybody. I could just get curtains, I suppose. But then again, who could afford stuff like that nowadays? There was really no point to it now, really.

To add to my pain, a loud, rasping series of knocks came from the general direction of my door. I knew who it was without asking (nobody else came to my house), but I did so anyways.

"Who is it?"

"It's yer mother," the knock replied in a mocking, screeching way. I frowned at the insensitivity of his joke. He knew well enough that my mother was dead. "You know who it is, open ya' damn door." I obliged, but only because he would have let himself rather angrily if I didn't.

"Yes, Mr. Crawford?" I opened the door a little and looked back at my rather short, rather flat nosed and rather Unovian land lord. He stared back at me, his face rather grim. Victor Crawford. Probably one of the shortest men I had ever met.

"You know what this is about, boy," he growled. I seemed to know a lot of things. "Yer behind."

"I told you, I'm leaving today. I told you three weeks ago and every Sunday since then," I scratched my nose. It was true, though Mr. Crawford was one to laugh and say "suuure, sure you are" and laugh his way through any kind of statement denying his. To him, I was some poor, Kantonian boy who had come here to run away from the world. That was true, but I would have rathered some optimism from him and perhaps kindness instead of his usual nonchalant way of speaking his usually racist mind.

"Yer still behind."

"And I paid double last month to cover it, remember?" I didn't eat anything but bread for at least a week afterwards.

"Yer still behind," he repeated. I sighed, scratching my brow. I had no money to give him, I had spent it all on supplies. I couldn't even give him some of my possessions as compensation and to shut him up; if I had anything, I had sold it all last week.

"I don't have anything," I gestured to the half empty room, "and I paid you, so I'll be leaving for the Registry Building in an hour." Instead of more growls, I was met with laughter.

"You?!" he scoffed at me. "A trainer? Don't make me laugh, boy."

"I don't intend to."

"Fine," he said, turning his back and heading back to his office. I was a little surprised at how quickly he gave up but I didn't question him about it. "Don't expect me tah give you anything when yer come crawlin' back."

"I'm not coming back, Mr. Crawford. Not here, anyway."

"Suuure, sure you are," he chuckled and left me in peace. Thank gods for that.

The recent influx of immigrants left the Registry Centre rather crowded and rather confusing. I was Kantonian born and my accent stung the Unovians like a bee, though I was rather thankful at least our languages were the same in some aspects. I knew a little Johtan from short trips my parents took me on when I was small, but mostly because my employers were usually that and I had to give small details on package contents and stuff like that. Other than that, it was basic 'hello' and 'goodbye' in every other language, like most people my age used to seem high class. Never the less, I lined up. I wanted this more than anything.

When it got to my turn, I was given papers to fill out which I seemed to do incorrectly the first time after the clerk almost ripped it out of my hands and grabbed a fresh sheet, asking me questions instead.

"Name?" she said rather distastefully. I didn't blame her, she had probably had a lot of rather difficult people. I tried to keep it simple for her, for her sake.

"Errol Gray. Spelt E-R-R-O-L space G-R-A-Y," I disliked how my name was spelt. Grey was the proper spelling in Kanto.

"Do you have a middle name?"

"Salinger. S-A-L-I-N-G-E-R." She gave me a look but wrote it down. That was my mother's fault, apparently. Some name from a different part of Kanto. I had no idea what it meant.

"Are you a legal citizen of the Unova region?"

"Yes," I nodded as I spoke. My father had made us so after a few years. It was hard enough getting anything if you were from another country. She continued with questions, like date of birth, former employment, stuff like that. One question was even asking me to add two numbers together. I spoke everything with honesty and was rather glad she didn't question me on anything or verbally doubt me; proof was something I did not have. I had left all papers on my citizenship with my father in Nacrene. When she was done, she handed me a slip called a 'Ranch Voucher', said I could go pick a Pokémon whenever I wanted and thanked me. I thanked her back, much to her surprise it seemed, and ventured off to find this Ranch. I did find it eventually, but took notice that the line was even longer than that of the Registration. I would wait then, I had plenty of time. I found an empty bench next to a full one, filled with a few foreigners and what looked like, if I could remember properly, the daughter of one of those Pokémon League representatives or whatever I had read in the paper on the odd occassion I got one. I didn't try to sneak another look at the girl to confirm my theories, instead leaning back in the chair and reading the slip the lady had give me.

I hadn't really swallowed the fact I was now an official trainer. Instead, I just let it settle. It didn't really feel all that different, though I suppose that would change as soon as I got an actual Pokémon.​

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
Here we are~ I'm in purple and Kiyoshi's in black. XD

Hmmm.... Rhys twirled one of her locks. She was bored now. It was fun to watch people and their Pokemon- boy would it take skill to twist them around- act like the rulers of the ground. However, they were nothing special. In fact, they were disgustingly predictable. Love and affection that great, like the creatures were simple pets for their amusement. My oh my, this was feeling like quite a bore already. She looked in the crows for a sight of her Sion but he was nowhere to be found. Mm... that boy needs some milk in her diet, Rhys crooned inside her head, licking her lips playfully.

Two people went and sat down on the bench next to her a few moments after that dirty little thought. One was an oddly dressed girl trying so hard to be tall. Ooh poor honey, Rheanne winced. There are so much easier ways to work it. The other was a smiling male who turned to her and spoke what had to be a greeting. For a moment Rheanne paused, trying to recognize it. Then she turned a sultry smile towards him. He looked like a babyface, an easy prey. Or at least a cute one to toy with while waiting for her own.

"Oh~" she crooned delighted in her own Johtan, limited but probably better than Witt's Unovian. Mr. Adrian had taught her this. "Aren't you a cutie-pie? Nice to meet you sweetie! You lost out here in this big bad world of Unova?" She reached over and grabbed his hand. "Well don't you worry dearie," Rhys hummed, moving closer to him casually. She still smiled at him, the look friendly and slightly intimidating. "I can take good care of you~. Or..." She let her teeth shine. "If I'm not your type of gal, hmm... I know someone better." Rhys winked. "My name is Rhys. What's yours?"

The girl was more of an extrovert than Sweetheart, making physical contact with me quicker. I was quite baffled at her friendliness even; it seemed a bit too nice. But who would take the time to pretend to be this kind?

"I think I already got a person showing me around for the moment," I said, gesturing to Sweetheart. "But I appreciate your offer. I'm so glad I have someone to speak in Johtan with; I've been struggling in Unovian all day. My name is Witthoefft. And that's Sweetheart." I blinked and smiled at the woman.

Looking back at her, I noticed something. She had the aura of having something more than met the eye. Something off, you know? But's that's just my imagination, probably.

I heard the sound of a compact loudly closing. I turned to see Shprintzel examining the woman in my peripheral vision. She tugged onto my arm a little hard.

"Witty, who's this?" She asked me, batting her eyes. "Nice to meet you." She directed towards Rhys. "Ya a Pokémon trainer to-be too?"

Hook, line, and sinker. Ooh he was easy! It was just so cute too. Not as cute as Sion but still. It was silly.

Rhys gave a bit of a dramatic sigh. "I bet you are. No one here bothers to consider the foreigners who move in. Nice to meet you Witt!" She giggled suddenly. "I bet you're smarter than you look aren't you dearie? Don't worry the more they underestimate your pretty face the better it will be when you win. And don't feel too bad, I can't speak a lick of it either. That's what my friend's for."

She looked up at Shprintzel and raised an eyebrow. "Whatcha say missie?" she asked, grinning a little. She didn't need to speak Unovian to know this girl was a jealous little pixie. Rheanne turned her gaze back to Witt with a giggle. "I think she's worried. She must think a pretty thing like me's gonna steal her man." Rhys giggled again, as if trying to agree with her.

Rhys looked down at the tugging arm. "Careful Witty-dear, looks like she wants your arm! Maybe she wants to eat it, ehehe." She smirked up at the other girl now, raising an eyebrow delicately, mocking her. "I'm pretty sure she's not used to sharing."

I laughed a bit at this girl's sense of humor. It was pretty relatable and she got silly with the situation. I liked it! Although, it was a tad mean to pick fun at Shprintzel. But it was all in good spirit, right? Sweetheart didn't seem to get it but smiled at Rhys, keeping direct eye contact.

"Oh no, I'm not her boyfriend or anything. We just met, actually." I said.

"Um, Witty." Shprintzel said. "I didn't understand any of what she said. Mind translating?"

"Oh." I said, forgetting that Sweetheart couldn't interpret our conversation. "This is Rheanne. She is very funny. Make jokes. Very nice."

This did not seem to satisfy the woman however. She flicked her hair and turned positioned herself to be more involved in the conversation. I looked over to Rhys again.

"You said you had a friend with you?" I chimed.

Rhys waved at Shprintzel "Hi!" She was letting herself appear perfectly oblivious to the tension, staring back at her with an earnestly sweet smile before returning her attention to Witt without delay, letting a little worry creep lightly into her voice.

"Ooh my yes," Rheanne hummed. "My Sion's in the crowd somewhere, didn't want me to get lost. Not sure where he went though... poor dear's such a sweet little thing-oop, there he is!" He lifted her arm up and waved. "Love over here! Look sweetie I'm social." She paused. Sion didn't have her beret. The girl loved it more than anything. Rhys almost stood but remembered decorum. Sion trotted over and sat down next to Rhys, handing her a form in silence. "Dearie who stole your clothes?" Rhys asked without preamble. The blond flushed and said nothing, smiling a little reflexively.

"No one you old bat," he replied lightly after a couple of minutes in Johtan, recognizing the language instantly. "It flew off my head."

Rhys raised a delicate eyebrow again and let it go. "Love don't you lie to me now." She turned back to Witt and his friend. "This is my friend Sion. He's mine." This last line was spoken with pride. As if he could be anyone else's!

Sion bowed his head at Sweetheart. "I am sorry. Rhys is not very nice or language oriented. My name is Sion and it is a pleasure to meet you." He recited the words seemingly by rote, expression not changing from polite interest even as Rheanne draped an arm around him. "We are both going to be trainers. Hope to face you sometime."

"Yes you do," Rhys quipped in Kantonian. "Why don't we go get our Pokemon together? Get better acquainted? Friends are important sweetie."

"And watch you flirt him to death," Sion commented in turn. "Don't think so grandma."

"Don't be jealous. I'm not leaving you." Rhys gave both Witt and Sweetheart a flirtatious smile.

The presence of Sion seemed to calm Sweetheart for some reason. I dunno, she just seemed less tense than before. Maybe she had an issue with odd numbered groups? I've heard of really superstitious people who freak out at certain numbers of things. They buy certain numbers of things -like four oranges at a time or something- and are only awake for a certain amount of time. Maybe Sweetheart was like that?

"Lovely to meet ya," She said to Sion as she rubbed my shoulder. As much as I like Shprintzel, she was getting a bit too physical for me. I've never been too well receptive of girls touching me. In fact, now that I think about it….. was she coming onto me?

Rhys and Sion had a quick conversation in a language I really couldn't make out (perhaps Kantonian) and looked back at us. She had this determined look in her eye. Wonder why's that? Sion did just say something about facing us in a Poke- An idea came to my mind.

"You two want to get starter with us?" I proposed in Unovian. Seemed like a great idea! I felt a pinch on my shoulder. Ow. What was- Sweetheart was giving me a slight death-eye. What did I do?

Rhys smiled a little bit. "Watch it lass you're scaring the child," she scolded Sweetheart playfully, smiling as Sion slipped his hand into hers without a flicker of awkward blushing. Turning back to Witt she smiled. "Oh we'd love to dearie," she hummed, feeling Sion tense behind her. "Sweetie relax," she hummed to the blond. "It'll be fine. You'll get your... whatever it is and I'll get mine!"

"You just keep digging yourself deeper into a hole," Sion mumbled gently. He sighed a little. "We don't mind," he told Sweetheart lightly. "But if you're truly against the idea we'll just show ourselves to the door ma'am."

Rhys smiled. Manipulative little devil she held. Now refusing would be plain rude and would likely hurt poor little Witt's feelings. "You're my cheeky little fox," she mumbled to Sion, who flushed a bit, glaring. Rhys didn't care. She was having fun!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Errol Gray
Chapter I, Part II

The conversation beside me got pretty loud and pretty annoying as I tried to push it out. But all the dialects they used; I understood most of the Johtan, all of the Unovian and surprisingly the Kantonian. I hadn't heard the language being used for quite some time; it even brought back a few memories of home and my mother. Still, them swapping back between the languages and me trying to understand them was starting to give me a headache, so I picked up my guitar and figured that was my cue to get a move on.

The line for the ranch had not grown any shorter though I didn't stand around and complain about it. Instead, I lined up behind two girls who seemed to be speaking what sounded like Orrian and I could not understand a word of it, thank gods. I was left alone with my thoughts for about five minutes. Five minutes of peace until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me, sir?" I opened my eyes and looked over my shoulder, seeing a girl standing behind me with a camera in her hand. Her face looked around my age, perhaps a tad younger, yet she had the height of a fifteen year old. Her skin was smooth and pale and her hair black and pixie-cut. She spoke in Unovian but her accent suggested she was probably Kantonian, like myself, though from a different part of it. I humoured her with a 'hmm?' in reply, to which she smiled warmly. "Can I take a picture? Your face and skin, it's awfully beautiful." I raised an eyebrow at her, in which she shook her free hand (the one that wasn't holding a camera) in protest.

"Oh, I don't mean it like that. Photogenic. Artistic. Your eyes are dark. Mysterious. It would be an interesting photo," she tapped the lens of her camera. What an odd girl. Even her clothes were odd. She wore a beanie and a scarf, none of which matched in pattern or colour but complimented each other all the same. And her skirt was far shorter than most girls, sitting on her thighs, though not in a kind of dirty or inappropriate way; she wore dark stockings to her thick boots. What interested me most though was her torso; she wore a vest and tie, traditionally men's clothing. What an odd girl indeed.

"Sure," I said, shrugging lightly. She snapped a few shots, even putting the camera up to my face. I blinked as the flash went off, but she didn't take another, clicking her tongue as she took a final one of my entire body.

"Your clothes, they're boring. Not original. Very sheepy. You follow the crowd like that," she nodded, pointing at my own vest and tie combo, though I was wearing pants. "But your face is different. Metal bars and holes, and your hair. And your luggage," she pointed at my guitar. I was a little glad somebody had noticed it. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Uh," I made a face. Was that meant to be a pick up line? She didn't look embarrassed at all by the question like most girls would, asking that kind of thing. Though I wasn't used to people asking me things so flippantly and it kind of made me a little anxious, I answered anyway. I wanted to hear her speak more in this artistic kind of way. "No. Not for a while."

"Pity," she blinked. "I would have liked to see her. Strange men have stranger wives."

"Do they?"

"Sometimes."

"Next please!" I stared at the girl for a second before stepping up to the Ranch counter, flicking out my voucher. She stared at it for a moment before stamping it and gesturing to a door. "Alright, go through, pick one Pokémon then talk to the man at the counter. Next!"

The girl stepped up, giving me a soft smile before handing over her own voucher to the woman. Before I could make any kind of gesture back, I was ushered through the door. The ranch was quite big, filled with different kinds of Pokémon though not as big as the Ranch outside the edge of town. I couldn't make a split second decision like this. Instead, I wandered through the Ranch, my eyes darting around as I saw different types from different regions. What would I pick? How would I pick? Did my judgement go on looks? Strength? Origin? Type? There was so many.

"Do not think this through," the girl said from behind me, her paper work obviously going through as smoothly as mine. I could hear her heavy boots scrunching the grass behind me and I felt a hand over my eyes. "Be spontaneous. Just pick one."

"How can I pick one if I can't see?" Gods, this felt awkward. She must be on her toes to be able to reach my eyes from behind me and around my guitar.

"With your hands. Duh," she tisked. I pushed her hands away, keeping my eyes closed as I bent down on my knees and felt around. I couldn't reach anything but the grass on the ground. I could hear the girl clicking her tongue again. "You will be here all day if you decide like that. Here," I could hear her boots crunching away from me. I sat for a moment, eyes closed, a little lost. What was she trying to do? She returned a moment later and I felt a weight placed in my hands. Opening my eyes, a small, blue dragon blinked in front of me. Dratini, originally Kantonian, like me.

"Thanks," I said to the girl. She shook her head.

"Get a move on, there are other people waiting," she pushed me a little and I obliged, walking over to the counter the lady that had sent me through was talking about. The man on the other side looked bored, but stamped my papers and handed me a PokéBall.

"For your Dratini," he handed me some papers to go with my own, information on the Pokémon it seemed after a looked at it briefly. "Good luck and stuff." And gestured towards yet another door, which I used and exited the Ranch.

The air was crisp and chilly, a lot better than the humid air inside from all of the people. I sighed and looked down at my Dratini, who blinked back at me. I looked at the papers for a minute and put the PokéBall into my pocket. It seemed this one was a female. It squeaked at me. No, she squealed at me. She needed a name. I went with my mother's.

"Lisbeth," I said to her. She crooned back at me. I stared at the small dragon for a moment before I felt a sharp slap on my shoulder. It was the girl, I knew it before I even saw her. The sound of those boots were unmistakable. And now we were out in the open, her fruity perfume was far easier to smell, no longer masked by the odour of a thousand people.

"Lisbeth is pretty. I like it," she came into view, carrying her own Pokémon on her shoulder, a Hoothoot. "Suits. She will be... Lisbeth the Beautiful. Like her master's skin."

"Thanks," I smiled, scratching my lip, not sure if I was thanking her for my choice of name or thanking her again on complimenting my skin. I wasn't sure whether to properly introduce myself to her, though she took the pleasure from me before I could ask for her name.

"I am Anneke," she said quite simply, as if she was stating the colour of her hair. "I'll see you again," she tilted her head to glance at my papers, "Errol. Hm. Dark, mysterious. Just like you. Bye, Errol." And with that, she turned around and left me, heading the main exit of Nuvema Town. I blinked, my Dratini purring softly in my arms. I didn't want to leave town just yet, instead seating myself on a bench just outside the door of the ranch. I didn't want to say goodbye to my dingy home, not just yet.​

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Chapter 1, part 2
A Whole New World

Edmund starred at the inside of the building for several more minutes before deciding to carry on. I have to move if I want to be better, he had thought.

The inside was about ten times busier than outside. All the lines were full of people to the point that if he got in the back in would be nightfall before he could get a chance to leave. Now to get through.

Edmund slipped through the crowds with surprising ease. No one really seemed to pay attention to who was in front them so he budged several people, skipped through a couple lines, and eventually got a girl in the front, talking to one of the operating people.

"Well," the operator said to the girl, "Your papers seem to complete, even your citizenship information." The operator's look and tone both seemed to suggest he was sick of his job, especially with the looks he was giving to certain people. This always made Ed laugh. People hating their jobs even though they were the ones that signed up. Classic.

Hate immigrants much? Ed thought, regarding the looks at the other people.

"As much as I don't want to give you this," the man whispered to himself before adding, "Here is your Ranch Voucher. Take it to the Ranch and you can get any Pokemon they have there."

"Thank you," the girl said in an accent he thought was eastern Kantonian, maybe North Sinnuhese. She took the Voucher from the operator and quickly turned around to leave, nearly crashing into Ed as she turned.

"I'm so sorry," she said to him, before quickly leaving.

Poor girl, he thought, shes acting like shes never been here before. He turned back to the operator only to find him smiling. "Damn, clumsy immigrants," he said, "Always causing problems. Hand me your papers."

Ed did as he was told and gave him the papers, though with adding, "You don't need to be an arse."

The man looked at Ed even worse than he did the immigrants, "Don't call me an arse or I'll make sure you won't become a Trainer."

Hmm, didn't think about that part, Ed thought. "I'm just saying that it wasn't all her fault, these line are packed pretty tight and there isn't much space."

"Whatever," the man said, giving him back the papers as well as a Voucher. "Be happy I'm in a good mood today, next!"

Ed rolled his eyes and walked to the exit. God, I would hate to know him, he thought. He opened the doors, happy not only to be out of the place but also to the fact that he realized he was now an Offical Trainer." He opened the door to step outside to find the immigrant girl waiting for him.

(Sorry for it being short. I was trying to get something posted. :( )

Fuyu

Years
Rhys was looking around the crowded room with a look Sion usually called a cat stare. She really didn't want to figure out his motives right now. Honestly he wanted to leave this place. It was too crowded, too exciting, too... loud. Sion wanted to get his Pokemon and get out of there. He tapped on Rhys' shoulder. She glanced at him, all eyes, ears and manipulative plots.

"What sweetie?"

"We're leaving ya old bat."

Rhys pouted at him. "Stop using my age against me!" She waved sweetly at their two companions. "Sugars we gotta go on ahead. Sion's feeling claustrophobic." She rose easily to his feet and followed Sion out the door, smiling flirtatiously as she did so. Were there heads turning? Sion would not be surprised if there were. He strode ahead, a gesture that from anyone else would look irritated. Well she was irritated a little, because she was in a hurry and Rhys took forever. She hoped when she got old that did not happen to her.

Rhys glanced up at her as Sion headed forward. "Are you upset about your hat?" The brunette's tone was serious and Sion hated when it was. "I can go back and get it." And punch the person who took it while she was at it.

"No," Sion replied too casually. "I'll get it back. It always comes back."

"I dunno about that..." Rhys couldn't understand Sion's attachment to the beret but never could blame her for having one. Perhaps it was one of the good memories he had of his parents, rare as those apparently were.

"Don't worry about it Rhys, let's just get going. We've been here too long."

"I hear that child." Sion hated being in places more than he had to. So did Rhys really but she hated being still more than she had to be. It was why the idea of lines were awful. Sion snorted and muttered something. Rhys caught it and laughed. "You know I get my speech from Adrian."

"I do?" quipped the blonde as they reached the Ranch. Outside was a young woman with a bored expression. She glanced up at them and grinned slightly.

"Heya ladies!" chirped the woman, ducking her large brimmed hat over her eyes. It was a hot day after all. Sion winced slightly and Rhys patted his arm gently. "One at a time and ya gotta wear this!" The woman pulls out a cloth, a blindfold. Rhys stared at it. Why did they need this? "So not to spook em," replied the woman, somehow reading her mind.

"I'll go then," Sion offered quietly, taking the blindfold and tying it over her eyes. Rhys chuckled. What was with her and her obsession with the dark? He was led away, forcing Rhys to dawdle anxiously at the bench. The silence would have gotten to her if it wasn't so gosh darn peaceful. It was peaceful enough that she had to stop and listen for a while.

"So..." she murmured to herself. "A journey..." It's not like she didn't want to go, considering too long without Sion made her fear the girl had gotten killed in some magical alleyway in a hick town. Besides it could be interesting, what with the Pokemon and the new sights and people and all. Hmm... it was just such a strangely roundabout way of doing things. Ah well, it was fun!

"Rhys?" She looked up to find Sion staring at her, clutching a ball of grey and red fur in his arms. Rhys blinked.

"What is that?" Sion smiled a little, petting the squirming creature.

"He's a Zorua." It stopped squirming and blinked at Rhys with teal eyes.

"Oh, it's a cutie~" the brunette chirped. "So cute! My turn!" She took the blindfold and tied it on, allowing herself to be led forward by the oddly quiet woman, who forced her to make an ungraceful trot into the fenced area.

"The first one you touch is your Pokemon," the womancommented suddenly. "Now be quick! We're expectin' more people today."

"I'll be as fast as a Chu," Rhys replied smartly, guessing what the Unovian woman was saying. It really wasn't hard since this was a business. Rhys opened her hands and felt around. Slowly her hands closed around something cold and... sharp. "Ow!" She pulled her hand back and heard a strange noise, like bells. "Who are you?" The coo came again and Rhys felt soward the source of the cold, running her thumb on it. "You a Pokemon here?" It moved, nodding. "Hmm... never been near a Pokemon like you before. Or any Pokemon. I think you'll work out just fine sweetie."

The creature cooed again and trotted after her. At the entrance, Rhys removed the blindfold to see a silver and red bird staring at her. "Oh," Sion gasped gently. "A Skarmory..."

"Is that what it's called?" Rhys asked distantly before reaching down to the creature again. "Hullo there Skarmory." For a third time the bird cooed, reaching down to be stroked by Rhys' thumb. "Well Sion, you were right," Rhys caved in. "It ain't so bad."

Sion smiled a little and let her Zorua nuzzle her face.

(Meh... it's late so I can't go all out. Sorry Skymin for the delay!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Errol Gray
Chapter I, Part III

I leant forward, rubbing my face and yawning. I could feel Lisbeth's eyes on me as I rubbed my eyes and brushed my hair with my fingers. Lisbeth the Beautiful, eh? The Dratini family was a dragon family and gave off that regal kind of vibe, the sort you felt from feudal looking Sinnohese. I knew Dratini had evolutions, but I had never seen a proper picture of them, only stylised drawings by famous artists in history books. I never really remembered much of it all, only that the biggest was orange. I tiredly looked at Lisbeth. How did a Pokémon turn from blue to orange? How did Pokémon evolve in the first place? One of life's mysteries.

I got up, sick of thinking, Lisbeth wrapping herself around my left arm as I got up. I needed a few things before I left, though I had packed food and the usual essentials in my bag, being a trainer meant more than surviving. I walked around town, finding "Trading Trainers", the only Pokémon trainer store in town. You'd think with the influx of foreigners and the Registry building, someone else would make a store to share and compete with the shop. Too bad I wasn't a salesman.

I walked inside, almost immediately finding the supplies I needed. I only needed a little at the moment, so I grabbed a budget PokéBall, in case I found another friend, and a bottle rubbing alcohol, in case anything happened to Lisbeth. Or myself, for that matter. I waited in yet another line, paid for my things and made my escape for the door. Becoming a trainer felt far more crowded than I had expected.

I wasted no time heading north to the path out of town, no longer wanting to keep these ties with this town. I wanted Nuvema to be that place I stayed at for that one length of time. My starting point for a new journey, but not my origin point, not my home town. No, my heart belonged to Kanto.

"Good-bye, Nuvema Town," I said, not looking back as I took my first steps into the journey I had waited so long for.​

Back