• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to remove Pokémon from the party without deleting it

Years
Hey guys, I wanted to ask how to place the Player's party Pokémon in a temporary location. I have a situation where the player must select a Pokémon from a predetermined set, and battle with one of them rather than the Player's party.

Here's what I've figured out so far:
First I looked into the Bug Catching Contest to see what happens there.

Spoiler:

So, first it pushes the player's other party Pokemon into a separate array, and sets the player's party to just the one they selected. It then adds them back at the end of the contest.

I then checked out the wiki and found that there's a handy script that adds a pokemon to the party.

Spoiler:

Looks like that will do the trick.

Now, even with all this knowledge, I still have no idea what I'm doing. I tried making a simple event that calls a script that, like the Bug Catching Contest, adds the player's current party to a temporary array, then adds the selected Pokemon.

Script:
Spoiler:

Event Page 1:
Spoiler:

Of course, it doesn't work, and I get NoMethod errors when I view the party or take a step. I know I'm doing this completely wrong. Does anyone else have any ideas?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Your idea is right, but you can use something like:
Code:
otherparty=$Trainer.party
pok=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(PBSpecies::MEWTWO,70,$Trainer)
$Trainer.party=[pok]
To return your old party, just use "$Trainer.party=otherparty". Remember to input the otherparty in some class and put this in save method or when you save and load you can't load the values on otherparty.
One more tip: Look at Battle Tower script (to make this working see my fix on Bugs & Error Reporting)

Back