• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Human After All ♦ Human-Shaped Pokémon Club!

Should Empoleon be on the list?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mayyyybe?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
[artwork goes here]
Pokémon Trivia of the day: meeehhhhh moar pictures

The Human Shaped Pokémon Fan Club!

(Yes, deal with it)

Alright, so you clicked the link. Good job! Now to the good stuff.

What is this club? This is the club where you can talk about your love for these wonderful Pokémon that resemble ourselves, and talk about who, what, when, where, why, how...just, you discuss Pokémon that look like us!

Who are the Pokémon that fall into this Category? Well, in Pokémon, there isn't a specific "Human-shaped" category. So to maximize discussion, I accept any Pokémon that fall into a "Bipedal" category, tailed
Body06.png
or tailless
Body12.png
, tall or short. However there are some obvious exceptions, like Jigglypuff and family. Basically, these are the traits that they must have to be a Human-Shaped Pokémon:

- Bipedal (two arms, two legs, stands up fairly upright)
- Have a discernible head and body

If you see any Pokémon that you think should or shouldn't be there, or there's a group I missed (I doubt I did) in the list, please discuss why they shouldn't be there!

So therefore, as of right now, you can talk about these wonderful Pokémon...

31.png
34.png
55.png
63.png
64.png
65.png
66.png
67.png
68.png
80.png
96.png
97.png
104.png
105.png
106.png
107.png
108.png
112.png
115.png
122.png
124.png
126.png
141.png
150.png
160.png
181.png
190.png
199.png
210.png
215.png
217.png
235.png
236.png
237.png
248.png
253.png
254.png
256.png
257.png
259.png
260.png
271.png
272.png
274.png
275.png
281.png
282.png
286.png
288.png
289.png
297.png
308.png
326.png
332.png
335.png
348.png
386MS.png
386AMS.png
386SMS.png
391.png
392.png
394.png
395.png
424.png
428.png
444.png
445.png
447.png
448.png
461.png
475.png
491.png
499.png
500.png
505.png
512.png
514.png
516.png
531.png
533.png
534.png
538.png
539.png
549.png
553.png
560.png
565.png
571.png
575.png
576.png
611.png
612.png
620.png
622.png
623.png
624.png
625.png
648.png
648PMS.png

Please please please...discuss whether or not this list is correct or not first!
Rules:
  • All PC rules apply! (that's a given)
  • Be nice to other members! I'm sure you will, right?
  • That new rule! If you sign up, don't just sign up, participate in the discussion!
  • On a similar note, stay on topic unless things are getting boring/out of hand.
  • Have FUN. F-U-N. If you're bored...you won't be! :)
  • The answer is "frog".
Name: droomph
Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? Grovyle! Call him/her Griffy, please! [optional]
Why are you joining? (Optional) BECAUSE GROVYLE OMGOMGOMG <3
I have read the rules...the answer is... [What was it?]
Note! To avoid everyone choosing the same Pokémon, only three people can have the same Pokémon as their partner. Once we run out of Pokémon to give, we will raise the limit. But as of now, only three people can have the same Pokémon. So check before signing up! :] Also if you choose a Pokémon, all its formes are reserved for you ^^ change its forme when you feel like it! (jsyk once a week only, so choose wisely!)

Discussion Topic:
  • It's not that hard to follow a couple lines so go read.
Member List:
  • droomph
    253.png
  • AlexOzzyCake
    428.png
  • Sector Revenge
    648PMS.png
  • TogeticDude
    297.png
  • Olli97
    217.png
  • Hikari10
    576.png
  • DannyBoyNz
    282.png
  • Avishka
    448.png
  • FearAddict
    282.png
  • missingno000
    282.png
Notice
I'm looking for a picture that suits this club well. I know we have Google and DA, but I think what we need is a picture drawn for us with this club in mind. So just PM me a picture if you have one that you think fits!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: AlexOzzyCake
Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? Relicanth Cubone! So cute <3
Why are you joining? I've always found human-shaped Pokemon to be very interesting. They have a ridiculously huge variety and the range of types they cover is ridiculously big. There are tonnes of amazing Pokemon in this category and I think the majority of them need respect c:

Is the list of Pokémon correct?
I suggest adding Lopunny and Buneary. I was planning to choose one of them as my partner until I saw they weren't there and especially since Lopunny is pretty much based on a bunny-girl, I think they deserve a place here. x] Also I think Larvitar, Piplup, Miltank, Cranidos, Rampardos, and a few more like that should be excluded from the list. Just 'cos they're bipedal doesn't make them human-shaped; kangaroos are bipedal and they don't look like humans xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think it makes more sense to have something like Lopunny than something like Cranidos tbh xD And if it is being added I'd love to change my partner to Lopunny if that's okay? :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Charmander family, Squirtle family, Sandshrew family, Electabuzz family, Piplup, Dragonite, Quagsire, and probably more but I'll give someone else a chance to have some input now xD I just don't think any of these really resemble humans lol. Most of them are reptiles and stuff but reptiles aren't humans xD Bipedal =/= human x]

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Sector Revenge
Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? Meloetta (Nicknames? Want to name her Shana)
Why are you joining? This club will have so much potential under a great leadership. And Human Shaped Pokemon to discuss? What else can be more interesting and exciting than that!

Is the List of Pokemon Correct?
Personally I've looked through every single one of them. The list now is fine after you've updated what Ozzy said that didn't. Although I'm not sure if there is a sprite out there for it yet, it wouldn't hurt to have a Pirouette form of Meloetta up there too! I do have to say, humans are mammals. The Dragons are reptiles. So....just to point that part out.

droomph

weeb
Years
Okay, you're added!

...So Bagon, Tyranitar, Fraxure, and Haxorus, Gabite, and Garchomp will be removed. If anyone disagrees, notify us once you see this post, okay?

Would you like the Pirouette form?

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay, you're added!

...So Bagon, Tyranitar, Fraxure, and Haxorus, Gabite, and Garchomp will be removed. If anyone disagrees, notify us once you see this post, okay?

Would you like the Pirouette form?
Of course, I'd like Meloetta to be a Pirouette form. Everyone loves a singer!

Unless you're only going after the "looks," I can see reasons for Fraxure or Haxorus to be human-like. Just that...we're not reptiles :P

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, "Human-Shaped". Criteria for Human-Shaped:
  • Bipedal (two arms, two legs, stands up fairly upright)
  • Have a discernible head and body
Yeah, there's only two. Wutcha gonna do, wutcha gonna do

So it's not Human-Like, but Human-Shaped, so yes, reptiles, birds, animals...even bacteria and fungi could be added on the list, if it's a Pokémon and meets those criteria. So yes, going for "looks".

So are you saying to add them back on, or...?

UPDATE: Okay, Sector. Changed Shana to Pirouette form.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Well, "Human-Shaped". Criteria for Human-Shaped:
  • Bipedal (two arms, two legs, stands up fairly upright)
  • Have a discernible head and body
Yeah, there's only two. Wutcha gonna do, wutcha gonna do

So it's not Human-Like, but Human-Shaped, so yes, reptiles, birds, animals...even bacteria and fungi could be added on the list, if it's a Pokémon and meets those criteria. So yes, going for "looks".

So are you saying to add them back on, or...?

UPDATE: Okay, Sector. Changed Shana to Pirouette form.
Okay I understand where you're going at now. Yes, you may, we'll just have to gain new members and see their point of views if they disagree. Tails or no tails, we do have "tail bones" within our bodies. So in the Pokemon world as Human-Shape, they can have longer tails than others. :P

And thanks! Now I have THE singer of the club :)

droomph

weeb
Years
Okay. Added them back on, I'll take them back off if any new member disagrees!

Also do you think Axew and Oshawott (and such) are Human-Shaped? Probably not, is it? But they're sooo cute...

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay. Added them back on, I'll take them back off if any new member disagrees!

Also do you think Axew and Oshawott (and such) are Human-Shaped? Probably not, is it? But they're sooo cute...
I could see both Axew and Gable as real life babies taking their first steps and such. But then we'd be including way to many others like Cyndaquil and so forth. We don't need to get THAT much into it but I'd have to say no..Oshawott I'd have to disagree however.

droomph

weeb
Years
I could see both Axew and Gable as real life babies taking their first steps and such. But then we'd be including way to many others like Cyndaquil and so forth. We don't need to get THAT much into it but I'd have to say no..Oshawott I'd have to disagree however.
Okay, so Oshawott and Axew aren't going to be on the list. But they were cute So what about Oshawott?

TogeticDude

Ghost Aficianado
Years
  • Age 27
  • Orre
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
Name: TogeticDude
Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? Hariyama. Call him Ay, like the Fourth Raikage.
Why are you joining? I wanted to join a club and I have a PASSION for Hariyama.

On a side note, Deoxys is humanoid right?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name: Olli97
Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here?: Ursaring
Why are you joining?: It's an interesting idea for a club, though I think this idea has seen the light before. I also like how some of the human shaped Pokémon give one the feeling that Pokémon actually are close to humans, like how they're able to understand humans and stuff, even though a lot of them are based on animals.

Well, most of it seems correct, but there are a few Pokémon I think don't belong there. A lot of the baby Pokémon, like Smoochum and Munchlax, just don't seem to fit in there, because of how disproportionate some of their limbs are, and it just makes them... kinda inhuman xD

But yeah, other than that I think the list is fine.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay, so Oshawott and Axew aren't going to be on the list. But they were cute So what about Oshawott?

Oshawott just doesn't look human at all lol
Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? Hariyama. Call him Ay, like the Fourth Raikage.

Good observation! Deoxys can have hands in his Normal and Attack forms, correct? I'd say Defense is the only one that isn't human shaped, so Speed should count too!

droomph

weeb
Years
>< Damn, the things that happen when you're asleep.

Yes, I think so too! However It seems I missed that one on Bulbapedia so I didn't think of it while I was daydreaming or whatever. But however, now that I have four members, we need to be a little more picky about wether or not we choose him! But yes, you do have a point, and I do want to add it. But first, any objections?
Name: Olli97
Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here?: Ursaring
Why are you joining?: It's an interesting idea for a club, though I think this idea has seen the light before. I also like how some of the human shaped Pokémon give one the feeling that Pokémon actually are close to humans, like how they're able to understand humans and stuff, even though a lot of them are based on animals.

Well, most of it seems correct, but there are a few Pokémon I think don't belong there. A lot of the baby Pokémon, like Smoochum and Munchlax, just don't seem to fit in there, because of how disproportionate some of their limbs are, and it just makes them... kinda inhuman xD

But yeah, other than that I think the list is fine.
Okay, I will consider removing the baby Pokémon, okay? Any objections speak up now! (Actually we already discussed this so yeah)

Also haha I didn't come up with this as you can tell
Oshawott just doesn't look human at all lol

Good observation! Deoxys can have hands in his Normal and Attack forms, correct? I'd say Defense is the only one that isn't human shaped, so Speed should count too!
...Yeah, I think you're right...

So, three out of five! Who else agrees? Haha

UPDATE: Okay guys, you're added.

Anything else you guys should want me to add?

Last edited:
Years
Name: Hikari10
Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? Gothitelle. Call him/her Rosie
Why are you joining? I love humanlike Pokemon, most of them are Psychic-types, which I love.

I picked Gothitelle for my partner cos I use her on my Black team plus she's one of my fave Psychics! I feel so sad that she doesn't get much love. She was the reason I chose Black over White for my initial Unova game.

droomph

weeb
Years
Haaaai nice to see you're joining us!

Ahhh Gothitelle...I don't love her, I don't hate her...mehhh

But yeah! We hope you have a good time. Is there any Pokémon you think shouldn't be on this list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back