• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Human After All ♦ Human-Shaped Pokémon Club!

Should Empoleon be on the list?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mayyyybe?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TogeticDude

Ghost Aficianado
Years
  • My brother Nick brought up an interesting point. While not bipedal, Darkrai has a torso and human digits along with a human-like facial structure. Now, he might not be TOO human-like but I'd like to hear opinion.

Oh, and, thank you for thinking of Deoxy-buddy. He's my bestest friend and favorite legendary.. T^T

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Haha, no problem, I was sure I missed some and Deoxys sounded like a good candidate.

...Darkrai, eh? Let's see what the Overlord thinks I think it can count too. What about the other people?

Also...the list...

Pokémon to be removed:
    Totodile
    Croconaw
    Teddiursa
    Smoochum
    Magby
    Treecko
    Ralts
    Makuhita
    Meditite
    Bagon
    Chimchar
    Buneary
    Mime Jr.
    Munchlax
    Lickilily (however the hell you spell it)
    Pansage
    Pansear
    Panpour
    Drilbur
    Excadrill
    Timburr
    Scraggy
    Gothita
    Mienfoo

Last edited:

TogeticDude

Ghost Aficianado
    Years
  • Ampharos, perhaps? Just an idea. He has no digits, has no real waist nor real human-like features. Also, he's rather creature like instead of human-like. Oh I'd hate to see him go since he's like.. the cutest thing ever and the strongest electric type evar but he isn't really human-like.
    Side-Note: I call all Pokemon 'he' except for the females ones. Yeah, sexist, I don't care. I hate calling Pokemon 'it'.

Last edited:

TogeticDude

Ghost Aficianado
    Years
  • I have many more ideas. I'd hate to be leading us down the wrong path, however. So in due time, 'eh? Anyways, think the list looks good. Just maybe add Sudowoodo? Now that I think of it, Ampharos maybe a bit human-like. I'd like more opinions on it.. It really depends on your definition of humanoid.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Okay! So pretty much all cleared, right?

First topic!

Other than being human-shaped, what do you think is one trait that all (or most) of these Pokémon share?

They seem to, in general, have less of a relationship to humans than other Pokémon. For example, Pikachu and Piplup seem closer and more personal to their trainers than, say, Grovyle or Lucario, who still enjoy being around their trainers just as much, but don't tend to show it as explicitly. However, every rule has an exception so don't bash me if you find a counterexample.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Name: DannyBoyNz
    Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? Gardevoir (Athena)

Why are you joining? Because I've always seen human-shape Pokemon as some of the coolest (And better looking) Pokemon out there.

TogeticDude

Ghost Aficianado
    Years
  • I think they share a common factor of being just amazing! Lol, kidding. Anyways I think they share the fact that they all are bi-pedal or have humanoid heads. 'Least my humble opinion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    To me they only share the fact that they look humanoid, as they can share traits with other pokemon in that list, but not all of them.

(E.g Combusken, Blaziken & Golduck are all humanoid birds)

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Name: Avishka
    Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? lucario
    Why are you joining? I love humanlike Pokemon and lucario is my fave pokemon

Is the list of Pokémon correct?
    i think Sudowoodo, Mr. Mime and Lilligant should be considered humanoid

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Other than being human-shaped, what do you think is one trait that all (or most) of these Pokémon share?

Most of them are pretty similar based on their body shapes, but that's about all I can think of. I see a connection between those and humans, but I don't think it's any different than the connection all other Pokémon have except for the shape.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Name: Avishka
    Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? lucario
    Why are you joining? I love humanlike Pokemon and lucario is my fave pokemon

Is the list of Pokémon correct?
    i think Sudowoodo, Mr. Mime and Lilligant should be considered humanoid
    I do think Liligant should be considered! But that's about it, since Mr. Mime is already added, and Sudowoodo doesn't have a separate head from body. But if we have a majority vote, we'll add those :)

Olli, you're correct, but you seem to only be considering the physical aspects. And this isn't math, so a counterexample or two won't hurt your standing...

Not trying to be rude :{ but just to let you know.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Other than being human-shaped, what do you think is one trait that all (or most) of these Pokémon share?
    Other than mostly all learning Punchy/Kicky moves 'cos they have the correct appendages, I don't think they really share anything lol. There aren't many common types bar a flux of Normal and Fighting types, but the only thing they actually share imo is the body shape.

They seem to, in general, have less of a relationship to humans than other Pokémon. For example, Pikachu and Piplup seem closer and more personal to their trainers than, say, Grovyle or Lucario, who still enjoy being around their trainers just as much, but don't tend to show it as explicitly. However, every rule has an exception so don't bash me if you find a counterexample.
    I don't really agree with this lol. I can't think of any examples of this at all, not even Lucario xD If you were referencing Lucario from the movie he was only cold to his trainer because he didn't believe his trainer would stay and then because he was abandoned :3 Although I guess that kinda counts haha. But when I think Pokemon that don't show their relationship to their trainers, I think of things like Croagunk, Charmeleon, Pachirisu; these kind of Pokemon. But maybe I just haven't seen the human-Pokemon examples yet x]

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Well, that may be true, but think of Grovyle. It loves Ash just as much as Pikachu, but it doesn't really show it much. Lucario (from the Iron Island episodes) doesn't show its love to its trainer, but it does love him (why else would he stay?)

But there's not much to connect, you're right.

Alright, next topic then~

What Human-shaped Pokémon has the most elegant design?

Note: not best, but elegant.

I personally think that Gardevoir is. Lilligant is pretty and plenty elegant, but her design is a bit too complicated.

FearAddict

Addicted to Fear, as usually
    Years
  • Name: FearAddict
    Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? Gardevoir (im sorry DannyBoy but Gardevoir is my fav aswell) :D
    Why are you joining? Epic Gardevoir is Epic! <-- that would do it :D

Reason why i join, im only joining the perfect clubs, this 1 is quite new and kinda interesting, i havent thought about it human-shaped before i say this club and i think i can be a good/active member of the club :D.

I think the list is (almost) complete, i cant add more pokemon to it ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    I'd have to say Gardevoir. I mean, just look at it's ballroom dress, masquerade mask & elegant pose. You can't tell me that's not elegant.

@FearAddict: It's Unacceptable great that Gardevoir is your favourite, it also means that you can back me up in arguments...

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Name: FearAddict
    Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? Gardevoir (im sorry DannyBoy but Gardevoir is my fav aswell) :D
    Why are you joining? Epic Gardevoir is Epic! <-- that would do it :D
    Well welcome here!

But...I don't know what you mean by "epic". I mean, Sir Aaron's Lucario was epic...Mister Grovyle is epic...but I don't know if that would hold true for any Gardevoirs. Could you explain? c;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back