• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Dome fossil or Helix fossil

Dome fossil or Helix fossil

• Dome fossil (Kabuto)

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Helix fossil (Omanyte)

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
They are both the same typing, but I went with the Dome fossil also because Kabuto/Kabutops looks cooler than Omanyte and Omastar and Kabuto/Kabutops can learn Absorb and Megadrain.

:t354:TG

Years
I always hated Omanyte/Omastar's design as a kid, so I always went with the Dome Fossil and Kabuto. Even now, I'll take Kabutops over Omastar if I have the opportunity, since I feel Kabutops' stats are more well-rounded, including the higher attack stat of the two.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Kabuto looks really mysterious and cool, and Kabutops looks like a stone-cold killer, so I obviously went with the Dome Fossil! I don't like cute things, and that's all Omanyte and even Omastar seemed like to me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I like Omastar a lot more personally. That became even more so when the Special stat split because Omastar is better at Special Attacking, and Kabutos more Physical. Water > Rock.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
At first, I picked the Helix Fossil cause that's a cooler name. I was disappointed when I got an Omanyte and not my preferred Kabuto though. I've always picked the Dome Fossil ever since then, just to ensure I don't have that feeling again lol.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I chose the Helix fossil in Pokemon blue even though I wanted Kabuto I chose the wrong fossil. Omanyte is cuter that Kabuto,

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I was about 7 or 8 at the time and without any internet to go by I went with the name I thought sounded the best....which was the Helix Fossil.

I'm not that fussed between Omanyte and Kabuto really....at a push I would say I prefer Omanyte but neither would be on my team.

Sirfetch’d

Always I would choose the Dome fossil just because Kabutops is really strong, and probably the best looking of the fossil Pokemon. However, Omastar is still one of my favorite gen 1 Pokemon.

Years
At first, I picked the Helix Fossil cause that's a cooler name. I was disappointed when I got an Omanyte and not my preferred Kabuto though. I've always picked the Dome Fossil ever since then, just to ensure I don't have that feeling again lol.

I did exactly this when I was a kid.

Honestly, they come to me too late in the game to use either, but Kabutops is far cooler.

JawDane

Here for the Nostalgia
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
Dome. Why? Because Kabutops. A flaw of mine in this game is that I favor cosmetics over all. My point is. Look at Omanyte :/

Back