• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AliasHackyCat introduction. :3

Years
  • Hello there everyone! :3 So, first off, let me clear one thing : The "Hacky" in my name means tinkerer, like those items hackers or programmers for whom it is a hobby to program. (GNU hackers) The term for someone that breaks in something or and damage a informatic system is "Cracker", even Anonymous would agree (not that I'm an anonymous hacktivist, but I still like to read their papernews.)

So, about me : I'm a nerd (sorta), a kind of hacker, I LOOOOVE cats, I were a brony, I love pokemons (obviously) and I got an hobby to read activist things. Oh, also I'm probably the only guy here who uses GNU/Linux-libre operating system. :3 Finally, I always uses the Tor proxy network since the PRISM data spying was found.

Sooo, that's pretty much all I got to say. I never got much to say and I think the post is pretty straightforward. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hi there, Alias! Wonderful to see you here. :3

I know what hackers are...I'm an IT student. :P Great to see you here. :) Since you love kitty cats, let me present to you the most adorable gif I've seen today on tumblr.

tumblr_mr8ru3Zgsy1qbxi45o5_500.gif

I'm also a fan of MLP as well, but not to the part that I'd call myself a brony. I was a brony but not as much anymore...but I still cherish ponies nonetheless! We have a pony group that's active right now at Fan Clubs & Groups, where you can jump in the pony discussion and fanboy all you want about ponies. ;3

I used to use Linux myself...but right now I'm stuck using Windows 8 because I can't seem to dualboot (or at least haven't tried so, but from a friend's feedback it messed up their comp lmao). I've been pretty loyal to the operating system, sucks that it's pretty underrated...but I'm just so...fascinated. xD

Anyways, stay out of trouble and be sure to read the rules. Have a wonderful time here and don't hesitate to ask questions. :) See ya!

Years
  • Whoaa.. I admit the first paragraph in your intro went in one ear and out the other, almost. @~@; Guess you learn something new every day, right? Baha. Seems like Technology & Internet would be a great place for you to discuss anything related to computers, OSes and the like, so check it out! It's definitely one of our most fun boards. I've heard a lot about Linux and the like but my recent switch over to Macs has been one of the best decisions I've made. Never did I think I'd enjoy this laptop and OS so much. Welcome to PC, Alias! Great to meet you!

Eeeeee I love cats too.. like, a lot. They're my absolute favorite pets and I really love my cat, though he's not home very often since he's mostly an outdoor pet. Anyone that loves cats as much as me is automatically a cool person. :) Do you have any?! Tell us about them! I'm always up for a good pet story, hehe. Puppies and bunnies are cute too though (aaand weasels) but nothing will ever beat a cat in terms of cuteness. I mean, lookit that .gif Meganium posted! So cute!

Hope you have an amazing time exploring PC, Alias, and be sure to stick around. I'm sure you'll find a lot to do here and end up getting obsessed like the rest of us. :D; Pokemon is of course huge here on the forum but we also have so many dedicated members exploring around the off-topic boards, making this an ideal community for pretty much anyone. How've you been faring so far? You've posted around a bit so I'm curious. Hope you've been enjoying the forum and such. If you have questions, just contact a moderator ooor post in the Questions & Feedback board. We're here to help as well as be your friend if you're looking for a bud. Have fun!

Years
  • To Meganium90

Well, glad to see cat fan here. :3 Also, I think most peoples know what a hacker is, just that some people confuse it with cracker, which I obviously am not.

I used to like My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic but, the last season sort of destroyed my passion for this show, as much as the brony community did. I'm not saying all bronies are like this, but those that I once called friends weren't really friends.

Finally, Linux isn't a operating system, it is a kernel. The operating system name is GNU/Linux, due that at least 15% of a GNU/Linux distro is built with GNU tools, but also because most of the games and those kind of things were also made by the GNU, and finally, the GNOME desktop environment was made by them too (Not the X Windows system, though). Finally, it's pretty hard to mess up a computer with GNU/Linux unless bad installation is made (I messed up my computer with OpenBSD because I encrypted my drive, and it doesn't support Trisquel's encryption), or drivers doesn't work with their hardware (which happens rarely).

Thanks for the welcome, Meganium. :3

To Cirno

I have to admit my first paragraph is pretty hard to understand for peoples that don't really know what hacking means. (I myself have trouble understanding it until reading Richard Stallman's articles) Also, I do like computers, but, I mostly like "hacking" items and the like, and prefer even more checking hacks people makes, because there are many, and many of them are marvelously good.

I also (obviously) love cats. I'm feeling quite sorry for you having a outdoor pet, my brother had one (though it wasn't the smartest cat I saw) and he jumped in a pool and drowned there. :/ I have 2 cat right now, one grey female princess cat, that is very capricious... Well, when she is angry about something, she'll pee somewhere. (once she did it in a shoe. :s) I also have a very smart cat, that is brown and white. He once were locked in a room, and obviously he pooped there. :/ He showed where he did it, himself. :3 It was very cute.

Also, thanks for the welcome(and indications). :D

To J-pop princess

Well, I'm more of a item hacker, like I said. I try to learn programming for various reasons but I still didn't had the time to. Also, is the J in your name for Java?

Thanks for the welcome btw.

Years
  • Hey there Alias, welcome to PC!

Nah, you aren't the only one here who uses Linux, I'm sure! There are lots of people here who enjoy using Linux, and I'm sure Technology & Internet is the place you would want to be! I'd always love to see more activity in my section, so you're welcome to discuss Linux over there if you wish (:

And I may not be a Linux/GNU user, but I have certainly logged into the Tor network in the past :P

Hope you enjoy it here! Feel free to ask a moderator any questions you have! Feel free to send me a friend request too or leave a VM on my profile if you ever want to chat! ^_^

Back