• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has 3D changed your opinion of any old pokemon? (possible spoilers)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Has seeing the pokemon animated in 3D changed your opinion of them? Also is there any pokemon models or animations that surprise you?

Surprises for me would be Meditate (standing up), Sentret (not standing on it's tail) and the Hoppip family (helicopters)

For some reason I didn't expect Hoppip to move like that, I thought it was a new pokemon when I saw its shadow.

Sirfetch’d

I really like the newer 3D models of the older Pokemon and if anything they have given me a better opinion on some of the old Pokemon. As you mentioned, seeing Meditite standing was a first and left me quite surprised. I liked it however despite the fact that it was very unusual.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I can say that overall I'm super surprised. I honestly didn't expect the graphics to be as great as they are. The trailers certainly didn't do the games justice in terms of their aesthetics. The games are just so pretty!

Years
  • I knew these 3D graphics were going to look awesome based on pre-release footage alone. The mix of a cartoonish animation style with 3D graphics makes X and Y stand out from most other games on the 3DS. My thoughts might improve once I play the games myself but I'm hearing it's awesome based on others' comments.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • In specific regard to the Pokemon modelling, I'd have to say for the most pat they look great! I love Heliolisk as well as Tyrantrum. The only thing I've noticed is my framerate drops a little when some of my bigger Pokemon are sent out to battle. But that's just me being my usual picky self. :p

Of course, I haven't seen what every Pokemon looks like yet and so I'll get back to you on that one. ;)

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I didn't expect the Pokemon models to be as smooth as they are, so it was a really pleasant surprise to see that. Between the smoothness, shading, and coloring, they all look wonderful.

When it comes to individual Pokemon, though, I've gotta admit that Electrike made me laugh. I didn't expect its head to be so narrow. There's just something about that evo line and weird-shaped heads.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Dunsparce is cuter than ever, i had a weird attraction to i9t always but now it is sooooo cute.

Years
  • For some reason I really like raichu a lot more with the new graphics. Zoroark seems weird though, not sure what about it exactly but something just doesn't seem quite right with it.

Zubats wings flapping so fast is amusing as well.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I love the new 3d models, and i think they make me like each pokemon a bit more than before. Also, i was really surprised to see Salamance hovering, not standing on the ground and the fact that Sentret is not on his tail. Also, sentret seems really fat to me xD

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    The new 3D models are amazing!!
    I actually see Combee as Bee's now.
    It used to look flat, merely due to sprites.

Years
  • The new animations show just how pitiful Magikarp is. All that humiliation and repressed anger probably has something to do with Gyarado's Mega forme being part dark type.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The animations are as good as I'd hoped they might be, and the models are very well done. As for old monsters specifically, their proportions can appear slightly different to what sprites might suggest, but that's not really surprising. Sentret however looks like a balloon and made me laugh.

The only thing I've noticed is my framerate drops a little when some of my bigger Pokemon are sent out to battle. But that's just me being my usual picky self. :p
    It drops if you use the 3DS's stereoscopy as well.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Not really for me. You have to remember that this is NOT our first time seeing Pokemon as 3D models. Snap, Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum, XD, PokePark and Battle Revolution made it possible to see all the Pokemon from the first 4 generations in 3D, and a lot of 5th gen ones have also been seen in 3D with Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity and PokePark 2.

Years
  • i am talking about the pokemon i have seen so far in the game..Most of them are very very good but there are some pokemon i didn't like.For example Sentret is kinda fluffy...

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    i like 3d animation better then 2d pixel. when there in 3d they look more real they watch boring 2d pixel

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    on the older versions all though they werent as high quality graphics the pokemon all had more detail behind them, the coders of x and y had to remove most of the fine details because they couldnt work with it through the 3D 1 because they are undereducated and 2 they just plain round are **** thats why nintendo's sales on products in general are going under, they dont take constructive critisism and apply them to there games which they should, i like the 3D but more detail in all the pokemon would have made it a better game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Yes actually most notably the Black and White Pokemon. Like seriously, in Black&White I didn't really like (or get) how some of them looked. But now it's much more clear and they look EPIC. Also I've found myself using Pokemon I use to never even use to give a chance.

A few examples of Pokemon that really changed my mind with their 3D models:
    *Pansage, Panpour, Pansear (Really surprised me because I HATED these with a passion in Black and White but I was actually tempted to use these in my Y playthrough.)
    *Raichu (I feel like they really made him look much more threatening and adorable at the same time if this makes sense. I use to think he looked awkward, now he looks epic.)
    *Crawdaunt, Roserade, Vileplume, Swanna, Snorlax, Haxorus, Crobat, the list could seriously go on forever. I'm just amazed at how beautiful these Pokemon look and I don't care what anybody says. Even the 'ugly' ones look fantastic. This is the first Pokemon game where I literally want to catch 'em all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    on the older versions all though they werent as high quality graphics the pokemon all had more detail behind them, the coders of x and y had to remove most of the fine details because they couldnt work with it through the 3D 1 because they are undereducated and 2 they just plain round are **** thats why nintendo's sales on products in general are going under, they dont take constructive critisism and apply them to there games which they should, i like the 3D but more detail in all the pokemon would have made it a better game.

i think there detail enough. and the battle animation look way better in 3d

Naoto

Detective Kouhai
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    It looks pretty awesome so far, I've never actually played games like battle revolution and such, so this was refershing and new to me.

If anything, hippodown actually surprises me, since as far as I can recall, I've never actually...seen its feet so I was surprised at what I saw, ahahaaha

Back