• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Did not think they'd be that popular, so thank you, peoples. :3

Dishwasher.
Spoiler:

One for Mary.
Spoiler:

And the selfie.
Spoiler:

For the stripper.
Spoiler:

And the fart.
Spoiler:

Gay-denial dog man.
Spoiler:

Don't think you're getting out of this, Colony. >:3
Spoiler:

I made one for Christian, too!
Spoiler:

Here's one for the medieval ninja wannabe.
Spoiler:

Last is Latifa.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I'm done. Check over, please, merci.

Name: Sytano Morgan

Nickname: Morgan [on occasion]

Element: Fire

Spells:

Combustion- The most basic of Sytano's spells. Anything within 2 feet of his hand can burst into flames, although due to Sytano having natural limits, it goes out after a matter of ten seconds. This spell is the only one Sytano can use with a great amount of confidence. The flame that he makes can also be slightly manipulated, but it's mostly left to itself. Sytano can use this ability without losing energy unless it's used tons of times in succession.

Flame Trace- A spell with infinite potential, but hard to control. Flame Trace is the ability to combust the source of an object, without even knowing the source. For example, if Sytano finds a leaf, by using this spell on it Sytano would make the tree it came from burst into flames. The key to this spell is to know how far back you want the source to go to- Sytano could decide to combust the branch, the tree, the seed itself, or the tree that seed came from. Sytano uses this with some confidence, but he messes up sometimes. It's drains a bit, and after about six usages Sytano will need to recharge. Most likely with a candy bar or something.

Searing Path- The result of many years of editing down a long line of Pyromancers- also known as the Morgan family spell. Combined with a basic tracing spell, this is the second version of Flame Trace. Sytano creates a path of fire to something he is looking for- however, he needs a visual as well as basic knowledge of it's general location- like, is it on campus? Is it in the woods nearby? His grandparents, who passed this spell along to him, are able to track something just by having a description or something from it- the highest level of mastery in this spell. Sytano rarely uses this; it's not really something he'd prefer to do because... it causes a lot of collateral damage.

Appearance:
BwBHl33.png
He's about 6' 0", outfits will be described IC-ly

Personality: An individual with an addiction for the smell of wine, Sytano is a proud teenager who is even more proud of his powers.

The quality that usually stands out the most [to people who have first met him] is his formal way of speaking. Contrary to popular [or not yet popular] belief, Sytano is not wealthy. If anything, he is of the average class. But when his parents left him, his godmother took over- and although she wasn't wealthy either, she was quite proper- he quickly adopted her speaking habits. However, he also can display a casual way of speaking if he believes he should, due to more recent events. Usually, he displays his more formal guise for people who he doesn't know well, and reserves the casual for those he can talk to freely.

Another thing to note is his love of wine. It doesn't what wine, and what kind of wine, and if it's red or white or whether or not it's legal to have- he simply loves it. Simply from the smell he gets hyped up, and although he doesn't drink it often the smell that accompanies it is his bane. Why? Well... there isn't really an explanation for that, sadly. Wine is wine, and he wants some whether or not he has reason for it. His diet itself, however, consists of not as many meats and much more greens and salads. He does love a good steak, but he's not a sucker for meats and a grilled chicken salad will do him just as fine as any.

As for more personal matters, Sytano is quite submissive. Although this is surprising, due to the way he speaks and acts, Sytano will crack from little to no pressure under certain people. Those who he finds to not hold any superiority over him or he antagonizes do not see this submissive side of him, and in some cases he can, in fact, be quite rebellious. Usually, this is a great asset for possessive women those who like a bit more control. Generally speaking, he splits the world into a more book-like format- meaning that everyone maybe an antagonist, maybe someone's the protagonist, so on and so forth. Although sometimes seemingly naive, it is not bound to those terms, but for him it is a great way of organization.

Sytano is quite proud of his powers as a pyromancer, and quite proud of himself in general, actually. He's easily offended when he's not taken seriously, especially so when it concerns his magical abilities. Although he excels in the drama department, he is a bit- but only a bit- lacking in intelligence which requires you to read textbooks upon textbooks and research and augh. His average grade, due to this, is usually a B. Does he have the capacity? Probably, but he likes to focus it on his pastimes, which include novels and drama, as well as practicing magic and speaking with people. Usually seen reading a novel.

History: Sytano was born as an average infant in an average city in an average world. Of course, for him, the average world nowadays is full of Mancers, but let's get a hold of ourselves, okay? Back then it was pretty average, and he had his parents and it was an amazing world. He ran home all the time to chant about the new bit of art he had made when he was five, would bury his time in videogames at six, and would pester random people at seven. These phases, however, would not last very long at all. His father and his mother were involved in some sort of activities that perhaps Sytano wasn't allowed to know about- something his parents didn't want him to be concerned about. And no, they're not dead.

Regardless of what, or why, his parents decided to send him off to his urban godmother at the age of eight. Sytano had nothing against his godmother; that said, he had nothing quite for her, either. She wasn't really involved in his life until now, and he didn't know what to do about it. When he played videogames, she did not tell him to stop. When he pestered her to let her go to see some friends, she let him go right away. And when she popped open a bottle of wine, he was the first one to smell it, hence his love of wine. He even got a taste a few times. But as his godmother soon lost her job, he was sent to his grandpa at eleven. And that's where the real fun began.

You see, Sytano had been sent to his grandfather before, but only for vacations. And even then, he spent more time with his grandmother, who had been ill when he came to live with his grandfather. He quickly made friends, and his grandfather would quickly put on small magic shows, his hand running over a candle, and lighting it without Sytano doing a thing. Two years later, Sytano was extremely intrigued, and asked about how it was done.

"Is it a trick?"

"Nah, Morgan. It's magic!"

"Ah, c'mon, pa." He grinned. "I know it isn't magic, you don't have to say that."

"No, I'm bein honest with ya', kid. It's magic." His grandfather raised an eyebrow. "Your ol' mother never told ya'? Even when she visits?"

"Uh... I guess not."

"Then I'm quite serious." He snapped his fingers, and next to his pale face with his bald, shiny head, cap, and scraggly beard, appeared a small ball of fire. "It's an old family trick, Sytano. I'll teach ya'."

Since his grandmother had long been cured of her illness, both grandparents sat down every few days and tried to teach the young man. At fourteen, he had finally mastered his first spell, Combustion. Then, he began to learn Flame Trace and Searing Path. A year after Sytano mastered Combustion, he had been learning with Flame Trace and hadn't really gone too far with Searing Path, but still understood it and it's basics.

It was at this point the he started a small forest fire. It was the dry season in Oklahoma, what could he say? A simple practicing of Flame Trace had gone out of control. By breaking his concentration, Sytano inadvertently cleared about an acre of forest, charred and black. Although he was not caught by authorities, he soon got a letter stating his invitation to Vale. His grandfather, once he saw it, grinned.

"Kid, this is your ticket in!"

Code: Challenge me, and don't hold back either!

Other: He has a slight case of homophobia, as well as an infatuation with pastries in general.

Last edited:

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I did one for yours now, De De.

Spoiler:

On a related note, I put them all in my previous post.

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
I wanna see how you'd mock MY SU. I can't wait to see your completed work!

Dements

What the duck?
Years
Name: Christian Miles

Element: ???

Spells:
???

Appearance:
DementsVIoMAVATAR_zps28013981.jpg

Personality: Christian has always been a grateful person. Always loving everything and anything he got. Christian was always very good in school. Always had good grades, was the top student in all his classes, and believed that his good grades could make him be somebody that would be remembered for ages. While growing up Christian had many friends; he was that guy in school everybody wanted to be friends with. He was never mean to anyone and was always nice, even to the people who everybody thought didn't deserve it. Christian just seems like a typical nice guy who doesn't ever seem to get mad. Some people almost think he is a perfect person, but he has a flaw. He is an extremely competitive person. Losing is not tolerated, even when he's expected to.

History: Christian sadly grew up with no father seeing how he passed away when Christian was too young to remember him. This left it up to his mother to raise him, but it was never hard for her. His father was an extremely wealthy man and had left them enough money to live off of for years. Christian's mother never talked about his father and when he asked about him his mother would immediately change the topic. The only thing Christian could get out of his mother about his father was that he was a very special person, and very good at what he did. For most of his life Christian always thought she was talking about his father's job.

With Christian growing up under a wealthy family he pretty much knew that friends would never be an issue, but he didn't want people to be his friend 'cause of his wealth. He wanted true friends that enjoyed what he enjoyed and cared about his thoughts and feelings. So throughout most of his school life he managed to hide his wealth while still managing to be one of the most -if not the most- popular kid in his school. After he reached high school, though, his wealth was secret no more. Everybody and anybody who wasn't his friend wanted to become his friend after that. Even though Christian thought it was great because he had more friends it still wasn't what he wanted.

While in high school Christian grew a liking to most sports. He began to play the sports and soon realized he was very good at all of these but not the best. With these sports his competitive attitude grew, making where winning meant everything to him. After he grew this competitive attitude he began to notice changes happening to him.

Christian used his power to become even better at the sports than he already was. Presumably a cheater at it, but he was never caught. People just thought he was the greatest athlete ever.

Soon after he began to exploit his power he got the letter to the Vale Institute of Magic. Unaware of this school and never hearing about it Christian was very skeptical about going, but he began to think that there were possibly more people like him, that maybe he wasn't the only one.

Code: Challenge Me!!!

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Hahahaha, Zane now avoids the BL and the alternate SU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, back on to things that matter. DeLaMuerte, I don't see a picture or enough text to meet the requirement. Everything else looks good so once that's fixed I'll accept it. Oh, and it's about time Dements posted his SU, which is accepted.

@JNathan: Hand to hand combat is frowned upon, unless it is used to force a submission, similarly to how in swordplay the goal is to disarm instead of injure.

IC has been posted. Evaluations will start the day, after which a fairly decent amount of down time will be available for character interactions.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
greeeaaat, even MORE male domination! Colony, you should advertise spots for female characters only now.

I hope the IC goes up soon.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
I think I just saw the IC up this morning. My first post should be sometime tonight. If not, then definitely tomorrow,

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
It should be fixed now. It was in a private album, and I had to make the album public. I am so ashamed Hooray for technical errors!

@Songbird: DAMMIT SONGBIRD. I laughed so hard I fell of my chair. That kinda hurts. Honestly though, that was awesome.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Can I reserve a spot for a female with water magic?
YES. I DON'T EVEN CARE IF THERE ARE OR AREN'T SPOTS. THIS RP IS SO SAUSAGE-FILLED IT MIGHT AS WELL OPEN A DELI.

I think there are spots though.

Tweety, make one for Michael too!

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Don't think you're getting out of this, Colony. >:3
Spoiler:

I made one for Christian, too!
Spoiler:

Here's one for the medieval ninja wannabe.
Spoiler:

Last is Latifa.
Spoiler:

They have been added to the Master List.

Last edited:

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
@ DeLaMuerte: I still can't see the appearance... When you made the album public did you get a new URL? I know with Photobucket that the slightest of change in an album will change it's URL, so you may need to get a new link.

@ PinkSapphire: Sure, you're reserved. I would ask though that you consider making your character start as something other than water. You don't have to, but there's already three Hydromancers, and I'l have to start closing elements down to start with it starts getting too one sided.

@ Everyone: The IC is up! I suggest reading over the IC as it has a little bit more information revealed than the OOC does. Not to mention that it does have the intro as well, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back