• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post-Bank OU Team

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I don't have an interesting name for it. I'm sorry.

After completing my previous team and completing it ingame as well, I got bored and decided to make another team since there's not much else to do ingame. I wanted to avoid using Pokemon that I've already used in my previous team. I prefer to follow the Item Clause as well. It doesn't seem to be popular, but I like it.

At a Glance
575.png
639.png
medicham-mega.png
florges.png
450.png
73.png

Team Building
Spoiler:

In-Depth Look
qWtMFi9.png

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- U-turn

Whimsicott got a really nice boost this gen with its new Fairy typing. I think it's fantastic. Although a double weakness to Poison isn't. Regardless, Prankster Whimsy is going to see quite a bit more usage. U-Turn give me an option if I encounter a faster Taunter. Stun Spore's low accuracy is a bit of a turn off, but the team really needed some form of Speed Control. Plus, it doesn't have to worry about an Espeon switch-in because Whimsy is immune to Stun Spore now. Which is great. Encore helps cripple sweepers and status users, and Taunt is Taunt. Impish nature and Max Def ensures he can take hits, but he still flees at the sight of Talonflame. Also, he becomes dead weight on a team isn't affected by Taunt...

pTMxCGQ.png

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Isn't Infiltrator fun? Fire Blasting a Scolipede who's trying to gather Speed Boosts behind a Substitute has a certain satisfaction to it. And he does the Trick thing that Rotom likes to do! Energy Ball is an obligatory coverage move, and really dents Rotom-W, with Scarf letting him outspeed most variants. Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are necessary STABs, and I think I explained the Trick trick already. I have a sticky note next to my laptop that says I can't Trick on Megas. I don't read it.

dHFt1qm.png

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut

With a little less ATK, less defensive typing, better Speed, and an arguably better coverage, I feel Megacham is on par with Megawile. Adamant Nature lets me take full advantage of his massive attack power, and fully invested HP lets him stay a bit longer. Bullet Punch is a much needed priority, great for revenge killing and other things. Drain Punch gives Megacham a form of recovery, letting him stay around even longer, as well as a decent STAB. Ice Punch is for the ever present Dragons, and Psycho Cut is STAB, as well as hitting other Megachams.

q6I2mLC.png

Florges @ Life Orb
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Initially, I thought Florges might have a nice role as a mini Fairy version of Blissey. Maybe, but it didn't work for me. Although a base 154 SpDef is nothing to laugh at. I decided to go with a more offensive route with Florges and run a LO Calm Mind set. Her more than usable SpAtk can be devastating after a couple CMs. Moonblast is a fantastic 95 BP STAB, that smacks around Dragons like they're nothing. Energy Ball dismantles Rotom-W and Starmie, and Psychic is an additional STAB.

jUU7rhh.png

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge

Obligatory Dragon. I've run this Garchomp since B/W. I didn't really change anything about it either; it's always worked for me. Anyways, Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin is great; I don't care what you say. 252+ Speed boosts him enough to outspeed most things, and smack them around with Dragon Claw and Edge Quake. Fire Fang gives him better coverage, though it's usually better for me to use Earthquake if able.

ZuvRgnh.png

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Oh, isn't this great? Anyway, Tentacruel gets to absorb Toxic Spikes and spit out his own, although I'm testing Toxic instead to see how that works out. Still an obligatory spinner. I chose Liquid Ooze because Rain Dish is of minimal use to me, since this team doesn't run rain, as well as weather becoming less prevalent in Gen 6. Clear Body isn't very helpful on Tentacruel, either. Scald lets me put out burns, in case I can't poison someone (Scizor, etc.). Knock Off's buff in gen 6 lets me do significant damage to Starmie, while still being able to take a Thunderbolt. And no more leftovers for Starmie. =3

Importable version
Code:
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- U-turn

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut

Florges @ Life Orb
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge

Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Troubles and Threats
These are the things that I can't seem to get past, and tend to spell certain doom.
  • Genesect. Seriously, he's like Scizor but with so much coverage. And hits everything.
  • The fact that Stone Edge seems to have less accuracy than Sheer Cold.
  • Sableye. He waits until the last couple of rounds to come out and start spamming Recover and I can't get past it.

Other Notes
I intend to make this team in-game once the Bank opens up. That means don't suggest Legendaries. I don't like using them.
This team also follows the item clause, because putting Leftovers on everyone isn't very creative.
I like my nicknames to have a theme, but I can't think of one for this team... Help.
I thought the "in-game" part would also imply that I will not breed for Hidden Power types.
I also thought that I mentioned somewhere in this post that I don't want to use any of the Pokèmon that I've already used in a team. That means no Mienshao, Noivern, Megawile, Forretress, Rotom, or Volcarona.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
An alternative take on Whimsicott:
-U-turn
-Encore
-Stun Spore/Taunt
-Leech Seed/Knock Off
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Item: Leftovers

Use Hidden Power Fire over Energy Ball because Moonblast already hits Wash Rotom and Starmie hard enough already. That, and Florges is currently walled by Steel Pokemon, which are starting to get more prominent offensive presence.

High Jump Kick is still the preferred option on Mega Medicham because of the extra power it brings. You have to eliminate Ghosts before bringing Medicham in, though. Also, Zen Headbutt is preferred over Psycho Cut.

Use Hidden Power Fighting over Chandelure's Energy Ball because it's currently walled by Hydreigon.

Ársa

k.
Years
Your team is really lacking in speed control. Outside of Garchomp, everything is essentially outsped by the majority of the offensive threats in the metagame. I would suggest swapping Toxic for Stun Spore on Whimsicott, or...

I know you said not to suggest legendaries, but Thundurus is a hard Gyara counter with access to Prankster Thunder Wave and also has Volt Switch on top of that. It also sits at base 111 Spe and can actually be an offensive threat when coupled with base 125 SpA. Not to mention it can take a resisted Aqua Jet from Azu and threaten in return.

Aside from that, I would suggest perhaps running Tentacruel > Donphan as your spinner. Without Leftovers and Cleric support from Florges, Donphan really doesn't want to have to switch into hazards too often, especially T-Spikes. Tentacruel absorbs said T-Spikes, and also is a hard counter for Azumarill and even Mawile if played correctly.

Bold / Relaxed

Rapid Spin
Hydro Pump
Sludge Wave
Giga Drain / Knock Off

+6 252+ Atk Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Tentacruel: 102-121 (28 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

*Notice that's without any defense EV investment.

Play Rough will 2HKO after Belly Drum, however Tenta should still be able to take it out as long as it isn't switching into a boosted Play Rough from the get-go. The last slot is preference, Knock Off can punish ghosts that switch in to block your rapid spin, while Giga Drain gives you reliable damage vs. Quagsire and Gastrodon, who are actually quite a pain for your team if Whimsicott is unable to poison them. I haven't run calcs for the EV's so I can't contribute to that just yet, however I could probably do that a little later if you like, I just don't have time right now.

Years
Team looks pretty weak to Manaphy since Medicham has no Spe and Garchomp can't KO it, Tail Glow with Surf/Ice Beam/Energy Ball threatens to do some real damage aside from that. Keldeo runs through the team as well since Florges has no Recovery. Also this team really isn't going to break stall since Florges will usually be up against a Heatran and Toxic spam which do well to mitigate it. Garchomp has no means of setting up and I'm not sure how M-Medicham does lacking HJK on there. Arsa's suggestion of Thundurus looks good, I'd probably put it over Thundurus if I were you. Garchomp wants Swords Dance over Stone Edge. Additionally I'd just run Mega Mawile which you mentioned, over Mega Medicham, it has priority so if you play right you can beat offense, and has a ton of power to force in and dent Quagsire, Gliscor, Hippow, Skarm, etc, which help out Garchomp. With that change I'd also try a Latios on the team, probably Life Orb variant Surf/Psyshock/DMeteor and either Roost or Defog in the fourth slot, over Florges, who is really lackluster in any wall outside of a special wall, and M Mawile would allow you to do so since you would still retain a Dragon immune. No stall teams are really prepared for Latios right now unless they have M Scizor and he's obviously great vs offense, forcing a Genesect in could also open up a window for M Mawile to set up.

Back