• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make a move, TM or HM!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    If you could make a move, TM or HM, what would you call it? What would it's in battle effects would it have? What outside of battle effects would it have?

I'd make a HM called "Ledge Cilmb" similar to Rock Climb, but with just ledges. It's annoying how you have to walk all the way around to get certain item and this would be just easier. It would be HM 09 and it would be a Normal type move that would be a charging attack and do 70 damage since ledges are much smaller than the cliffs. I know, dumb idea, but I honestly can't think of the other move idea I had in mind at the moment. What about you guys?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Aw, this is like the "Create a Move" thread, sweet! Here are a few ideas:

Cheap Shot: Fighting type, 40 POW, 100 ACC, 20PP.
    If the opposing Pokemon has used a Status Move this turn, this attack does double damage.

Scare Tactic: Ghost type, 25 POW, 90 ACC, 15PP.
    The opposing Pokemon flinches and is now Paralyzed. Only works 1st turn Pokemonis on the field.

Vomit (Cant think of a better Name): Poison type, 70 POW, 95 ACC, 15PP
    If the User is holding a Berry, this move has an added effect depending on what Berry he is holding. Like bruning w/Rawst Berry, sleeping w/Chesto, etc

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Aw, this is like the "Create a Move" thread, sweet! Here are a few ideas:

Cheap Shot: Fighting type, 40 POW, 100 ACC, 20PP.
    If the opposing Pokemon has used a Status Move this turn, this attack does double damage.

Scare Tactic: Ghost type, 25 POW, 90 ACC, 15PP.
    The opposing Pokemon flinches and is now Paralyzed. Only works 1st turn Pokemonis on the field.

Vomit (Cant think of a better Name): Poison type, 70 POW, 95 ACC, 15PP
    If the User is holding a Berry, this move has an added effect depending on what Berry he is holding. Like bruning w/Rawst Berry, sleeping w/Chesto, etc

Make cheap shot a dark type.

Ectoplasm (Ghost type, 45 power, 75% Acc, 15 PP):Hits 2-5 times, 50% of poisoning if hitting more than 3 times. "The user spits out a slimey,radioactive goo which has a chance to poison the target".

Angelic blast ( Fairy type, 50 power, 100% Acc, 20 PP): If target is super-effective against Fairy,hits twice. "The user sends a burst of light at the foe, temporarly blinding them, making them vulnerable to another attack."

Years
    I know this isn't exactly what the OP is asking for, but I would figure this thread is close enough.

I would like to make Power Gem a TM, because a decently powered Rock type special move is just so rare and limited in distribution and I would like for more Pokemon to be able to learn it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If it were me, I would create an HM called Wind Blow. Thanks to this, you could surf and ride bikes with three-times the speed. You'd be able to travel much faster that way. As for TM, I'd probably make "Flaritize." This is a fire-type attack, with 80 base power. It also has 60% chance of leaving your opponent paralyzed. Competitively, I could imagine it to be pretty useful. :]

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
    Years
    If I create a TM moves I called:

Dempsey Roll:Fighting/Hybrid Type, 100 POW, 100 ACC, 99 Speed, 10PP, (It can't Evade,Unblockable)

- The user lowers their stance and central balance and begins to aggressively weave their body in a pattern similar to the shape of a figure eight, making it increasingly difficult for the opponent to trace their movements accurately. In addition to User is being able to stop in mid-motion,it can throw uppercuts and potentially overhands by weaving lower than usual and twisting out of the motion of a hook into the motion of the desired punch.this as an infinity combination, which no counter can be aimed against.Also it can't evade and unblockable even the opposing pokemon using safeguard,reflect,detect and protect.In addition its very super-effective against Normal,Ground,Rock and Dark type Pokemon.

Army of One 2(Overclock and Army of One combine):
    Fighting/Psychic/Hybrid/Dark Type, 90 POW, 95 ACC, 85 Speed, 9PP (It can't Evade)

- While overclock is activate the user unleashes a barrage of attacks on enemies it will deal 100% damage whether it is resistant, normal, or weakness and also the user restore HP.

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    If I could make a TM;

Sinister Vision (Fire/Dark, 50POW/95ACC/30PP): Have 50% chance to flinch or greatly drops opposing's pokemons attack and sp attack stats, ignores contrary, cannot be topsy-turvy, does not reset and quadrupled if simple'fied

Steel Pressure (Steel, 90POW/70ACC/16PP): 10% chance to flinch the target, double damage when foe using minimize)

Harmonious Melody (Fairy, 60POW/100ACC/30PP, +2 priority): 35% chance to lowers target's attack, special attack

Puppy Eyes (Fairy, -/90ACC/40PP, +1 priority): Lowers target sp attack harshly

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    Bananarama (Tropius exclusive)
    Type: Grass
    Status

Att:- Acc:- PP:5

Drops opponent's Speed to its lowest stage. 15% chance to confuse.

Does not affect Flying types or those with Levitate.

Blurb: Showers the field with banana peels, making it incredibly difficult for the opponent to move.

Years
    Taken this directly from my own post in a similar previous thread.

Flash Freeze
    Type: Ice
    Status
    Att: -
    Acc: 100%
    PP: 20

Instantly freezes the opponent. I made the accuracy 100% since there's 20% of recovering right after first turn, so practically it's 80% accuracy.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
    If I create a TM moves I called:

Dempsey Roll:Fighting/Hybrid Type, 100 POW, 100 ACC, 99 Speed, 10PP, (It can't Evade,Unblockable)

- The user lowers their stance and central balance and begins to aggressively weave their body in a pattern similar to the shape of a figure eight, making it increasingly difficult for the opponent to trace their movements accurately. In addition to User is being able to stop in mid-motion,it can throw uppercuts and potentially overhands by weaving lower than usual and twisting out of the motion of a hook into the motion of the desired punch.this as an infinity combination, which no counter can be aimed against.Also it can't evade and unblockable even the opposing pokemon using safeguard,reflect and protect.In addition its very super-effective against Normal,Ground,Rock and Dark type Pokemon.

Army of One 2(Overclock and Army of One combine):
    Fighting/Psychic/Hybrid/Dark Type, 90 POW, 95 ACC, 85 Speed, 9PP (It can't Evade)

- While overclock is activate the user unleashes a barrage of attacks on enemies it will deal 100% damage whether it is resistant, normal, or weakness and also the user restore HP.

I really like the Dempsy Roll! I would love for this to be a boxing pokemon only attack.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
    If I could make a TM it would be this:

Master's Claw, Normal Type, Physical move, 110 Pow/100 Acc, normal priority, 10 pp
    Flavor Text: After years of training user unleashes it's full power and strikes the opponent.
    Effect: This moves type changes doepending on the users primary type. In addition it also have an addition effect (Example: Fire=Burn, Elec= Paralyze, Grass=Heals the user, etc.)

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
    Years
    Warlock's Choke (Dark) Prevents Pokemon Abilities from both teams
    Hint HM, Psychic Gives you a hint on what to do next

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
    Brain Control - Psychic- Deals no damage, is 80% accurate, and has 5 PP. Allows you to pick your opponents next attack, and who it targets. The opponent is still free to switch Pokemon.

Cower - Normal - Basically a reverse Taunt. You can only use non-attacking moves for a set amount of turns.

Pixie Dust - Fairy 100 Accuracy, 40 Dmg, Special, Has +1 Priority.

Haru

Wolf Simp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    TM1337, You win.

Outside battle: You beat the game.

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
    Years
    For my own dear Samurott...

Aqua Thrust = Water Type, Physical, 100 Pow/90 Acc
    Harshly lowers the oponent's defense (10% chance)

As for others....

Power Flip = Status Move
    All stats and moves exchanges between the 2 pkmn (or 2 to 2, for double) temporarily until the other faints.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    Deep Power

Type: ???
    Accuracy: 100%
    Power: 60
    Special

Description: The pokemon calls upon its hidden traits to launch an attack. The attack becomes the type the pokemon most closely resembles without actually being that type.

Kind of confusing, but basically Charizard looks like it should be Dragon type so Deep Power would be a dragon type move for it.

Other Examples:

Beedrill: Flying
    Squirtle Line: Rock
    Bulbasaur Line: Ground
    Dratini Line: Fairy
    Meowth Line: Dark
    Voltorb Line: Steel

etc. etc. etc. can be learned by any pokemon that can learn TMs

Pillodox

Ruff
    Years
    Super Splash
    Type: Water
    Accuracy: 100%
    Power: 80
    Description: The Pokemon furiously splashes the opponent. Works better with Magikarp.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
    Frenzy Charge (TM152)
    -0 Power
    -100% Accuracy
    -5 PP
    Status

The user's next three Electric moves will do double danage, but will have some recoil. Also raises Special Defense by 2. The user can not switch out until all three attacks are made.

Can be learned through leveling up by:
    Zapdos (Level 100)
    Zekrom (Level 100)

Can be learned through TM152 by:
    Raichu
    Electrode
    Jolteon
    Zapdos
    Mew
    Ampharos
    Raikou
    Manectric
    Plusle
    Minun
    Luxray
    Magnezone
    Electivire
    Porygon-Z
    Rotom
    Arceus
    Zebstrika
    Emolga
    Galvantula
    Klinklang
    Eelektross
    Stunfisk
    Thundurus
    Zekrom
    Black Kyurem

Basically, a modified OP Charge that can only be learned by final stage/single stage Electric-type Pokémon. (and Porygon-Z, Klinklang, Mew, Black Kyurem, and Arceus)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    It's hard to do this, as Game Freak have taken a whole bunch of ideas x) my creativity's nearly gone.

Ego Burst
    Special
    Type: Psychic
    Accuracy: 90%
    Power: 100
    Description: The user looks deep into their subconscious and unleashes an untapped power. The user is left unable to move the next turn, but their Special Attack goes up by 1.

Back