FireRed Pokemon Shiny Jewel (Update - 14th August)

Started by SuperChespinX July 10th, 2014 7:24 AM
  • 34 replies
  • Public Poll

What character that you want to play as?

• 4.08%
  • 14.29%
  • 16.33%
  • 65.31%

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2016
Posted August 10th, 2014
56 posts
6.6 Years
Fire Red Hack

Introduction:
This is the second game that made by SuperChespinX. Also this is called Pokemon Shiny Jewel and you are traveling in the new region called Dezos. However I have added better tiles and features and this game is actually better than Light Rising. Anyways this game is about one of the secret legendary Pokemon, Dianice. Dianice has once came to Dezos over 100,000 years ago. Dianice is the one that created jewels such as diamonds. Badly, Team Gunk caught Dianice and put her in the harden cage and no one has heard for Dianice again until, Professor Oak has find the rare diamond on the ground in his lab and them he research about this rare diamond and it one of pieces from Dianice therefore she must left the piece of the diamond so Professor Oak is research more about Dianice.

Features:
Pokemon from 1st - 6th
Mega Evolution
Including New Move from 4th & 5th gen. (Grass Knot, Stone Edge, Earth Power, Discharge, Flare Blitz, and more)
8 Gym Leaders
New Rivals
New Region/Maps
New Tiles
Reorder the Pokedex
Able to run in Buildings
Install Music

Characters: (Editing later)
Spoiler:
Player - Hero/Heroine
Steve - Main Rival
Serena - Friend/Rival
Tyler - Friend/Rival
Alfie - Friend/Rival

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Videos:
Spoiler:

Available Pokemons (More coming soon)
Spoiler:
Riolu
Lucario
M-Lucario
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Lillipup
Herdier
Stoutland
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Scatterbug
Spewa
Vivillion
Ledyba
Ladian
Taillow
Swellow
Natu
Xatu
Pichu
Pikachu
Raichu
Togepi
Togetic
Togekiss
Pachirisu
Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Shroomish
Breloom
Skiddo
Gogoat
Growlithe
Arcanine
Psyduck
Golduck
Buizel
Floatzel
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Scraggy
Scrafty
Pancham
Pangoro
Flabébé
Floette
Florges
Shinx
Luxio
Luxray
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Bunnelby
Diggersby
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Drilbur
Excadrill
Skitty
Delcatty
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Zubat
Golbat
Crobat
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Tyrogue
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Hitmontop
Furfrou
Espurr
Meowstic
Sentret
Furret
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Drifloon
Drifblim
Voltorb
Electrode
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwarth
Politoed
Petilil
Lilligant
Audino
Woobat
Swoobat
Inkay
Malamar
Sunkern
Sunflora
Electrike
Manectric
Ralts
Kirlia
Gardevoir
Gallade
Happiny
Chansey
Blissey
Ekans
Arbok
Combee
Vespiquen
Croagunk
Toxicroak
Helioptile
Heliolisk
Skrelp
Dragalge
Honedge
Doublade
Aegislash
Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Espeon
Umbreon

Tools Used:
Advance Map 1.95
Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor
Advanced Sprite Position Editor
A-Tack
APE
unLZ.GBA
YAPE 0.9
OverworldEditorRE
pksvui
A-Trainer
Item Editor
Misc. Editor
Advance IntroEd
NTME 1.1

Credits:
SuperChespin - Creator, Recolor and Mapping
LeGreyfish - Editing/Creating maps
Chaos Rush - I-V Gen Pokemon Sprite
MrDollSteak/faintster - VI Gen Pokemon Sprite
Dante/Seiyouh/Pey!/Shawn Frost/Zein/Zeo/E.C. - Tiles
NinjaFlunkout - Script
power wack/linkandzelda/Aethestode - Trainer Sprite/Overworld sprite
Omonox - Pokemon editing (not really)
catroZ - B/W Music Patch
kidkatt - Diancie's Overworld sprite
Wichu - Advanced Series
LU-HO - Advance Map 1.95
silver314 - YAPE
peter1507 - A-Tack
HackMew - A-Trainer/unLZ-GBA /Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition/APE
score_under - pksvui
thethethethe - Item Editor
itari - Misc. Editor
ZodiacDaGreat - Advance IntroEd
D-Trogh - NTME 1.1

Banner:

What happening on Beta 1.0?
Change Pokemon's cries*
New overworld sprites characters (I need a overworld spriter).
New trainer sprites
The gyms will go up to 4th/5th gym.
More Diancie appearance.
More Team Gunk invasion.
There is a new evil team that hates Team Gunk.
More maps.
More storyline.
and especially MORE POKEMON!!!
* = I'm not sure that I would use it in this beta.
-----------------------------------------------------
The Q&A
Q: How's Light Rising
A: Light Rising is now cancel due to bugs that can't get fix.

Q: Will you add Mega Evolution?
A: One word. Yes.

-----------------------------------------------------
Current Release
Beta 1.0 - September 2014 - Coming Soon
Alpha 2.01 (August 2nd 2014) - Download Below
Alpha 1.0 (July 10th 2014) - Not Available
Hack that I'm working on (If you want to help out, PM me please)
Pokemon Shiny Jewel
Another Pokemon Rom Hack (December 2014)
Male
Manassas
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted May 23rd, 2015
43 posts
6.5 Years
I can definitely help with this if you want. I enjoyed your old ROM hack, and I would love to work on this and play it xD.
This signature has been disabled.
spoilers are not allowed in signatures
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF

Female
Seen October 15th, 2020
Posted July 10th, 2014
44 posts
11.1 Years
Best of luck to you on this hack. But, are you working on two at the same time? Or is Light Rising dead? Oh yeah and it's Diancie, not Dianice. :P
"The world's changing at lightning speed,
but the faster you move the narrower your vision becomes.
That's why you've got to stop and look around you.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand

Age 22
Male
New England
Seen September 22nd, 2020
Posted August 31st, 2020
565 posts
10.7 Years
This hack isn't looking that bad for a start on a hack. There are some problems though. First, the grammar. Now I'm not saying that I'm perfect when it comes to grammar but the screens have a lot of grammar problems. Now, I'm gonna show some proof that the grammar needs work:
For some reason I can get the screenies on here so descriptions will do :P

Spoiler:
DAD: Here some running shoes should be changed to DAD: Here's a pair of running shoes, because it's definitely more grammar-correct than "Here some running shoes"

"Hey HIRO! What ups." well to be honest I just don't like "What ups" because it just sounds weird to me to say and if you want to be grammar-correct I would suggest "What's up?" with a question mark because when someone is asking a question at the end there should always be a question mark.

"Time for the test of you" simply does not make sense and is just confusing to say aloud at best. "Time for the test" should be much better as, it kinda makes more sense.

"I'm Riley and my Zapdos are on the quest" First off, I don't know if you are going for a Pokemon game with capitals like Dad is DAD and the name is in all capitals and you're going to mix that up with others not screaming there names at you but I think it should be either screaming names or just decapitalizing everything because it doesn't seem right to have half the game shouting at you and the other half being normal. Anyway this line just doesn't seem that great as an introduction maybe "Hello, I'm Riley (or RILEY) and my Zapdos (or ZAPDOS) are on the quest to *insert quest thing here*". Just so it's grammar-correct.

I decided to put that in a spoiler so it won't take up that much space and my responses are in bold. :)

My other problem is the Player, Steve, and Serena sprites are just heavy edits or in Steve's case, pallet changes, to official trainer sprites, and I might be a little nit-picky here but I would like to see something more original when it comes to important character sprites, but that's just my preference.

All in all, this looks decent so far but can be touched up upon quite a bit. I suggest that if you or whoever is scripting should get someone to proof read scripts so they are more grammar correct and just make the main character sprites, including gym leaders, Elite Four and Team Gunk, pretty much everybody but the usual trainers found should be original, and overall this hack, while you are still working on it, should be polished at the same time.
Project United Universes: Probably Coming in 2018

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2016
Posted August 10th, 2014
56 posts
6.6 Years
Best of luck to you on this hack. But, are you working on two at the same time? Or is Light Rising dead? Oh yeah and it's Diancie, not Dianice. :P
I will maybe working on two hack at the same time however Shiny Jewel would be better than Light Rising.
Your hack is really looking good, I hope you can complete it!
Thanks and I will complete it.
This hack is looking a lot better than Light Rising, good job
However, I see a lot of grammar errors in those screenshots.
Thanks and I yes it is better than Light Rising. About the grammar, I will fix them.
It's Diancie, not Dianice, and there's alot of grammatical errors in your hack.. but I like the story.. so.. Good Luck :D
Thanks and like I said, I will fix the grammar.
This hack isn't looking that bad for a start on a hack. There are some problems though. First, the grammar. Now I'm not saying that I'm perfect when it comes to grammar but the screens have a lot of grammar problems. Now, I'm gonna show some proof that the grammar needs work:
For some reason I can get the screenies on here so descriptions will do

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
DAD: Here some running shoes should be changed to DAD: Here's a pair of running shoes, because it's definitely more grammar-correct than "Here some running shoes"

"Hey HIRO! What ups." well to be honest I just don't like "What ups" because it just sounds weird to me to say and if you want to be grammar-correct I would suggest "What's up?" with a question mark because when someone is asking a question at the end there should always be a question mark.

"Time for the test of you" simply does not make sense and is just confusing to say aloud at best. "Time for the test" should be much better as, it kinda makes more sense.

"I'm Riley and my Zapdos are on the quest" First off, I don't know if you are going for a Pokemon game with capitals like Dad is DAD and the name is in all capitals and you're going to mix that up with others not screaming there names at you but I think it should be either screaming names or just decapitalizing everything because it doesn't seem right to have half the game shouting at you and the other half being normal. Anyway this line just doesn't seem that great as an introduction maybe "Hello, I'm Riley (or RILEY) and my Zapdos (or ZAPDOS) are on the quest to *insert quest thing here*". Just so it's grammar-correct.

I decided to put that in a spoiler so it won't take up that much space and my responses are in bold.

My other problem is the Player, Steve, and Serena sprites are just heavy edits or in Steve's case, pallet changes, to official trainer sprites, and I might be a little nit-picky here but I would like to see something more original when it comes to important character sprites, but that's just my preference.

All in all, this looks decent so far but can be touched up upon quite a bit. I suggest that if you or whoever is scripting should get someone to proof read scripts so they are more grammar correct and just make the main character sprites, including gym leaders, Elite Four and Team Gunk, pretty much everybody but the usual trainers found should be original, and overall this hack, while you are still working on it, should be polished at the same time.
Thanks and I will fix the grammars using your idea.
Pokemon Shiny Jewel

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2016
Posted August 10th, 2014
56 posts
6.6 Years
How far does alpha 1 go up to?
Not far. Just up to the first gym. Just because I just started this hack and I have work hard on this.
Pokemon Shiny Jewel
Male
USA
Seen October 5th, 2018
Posted June 20th, 2017
15 posts
8.5 Years
Not far. Just up to the first gym. Just because I just started this hack and I have work hard on this.
Ok I will give it a try, looks very good by the way!

Just finished the first gym. By the way when you go in the cave and exit out you can go on top of the cave, is it suppose to be like that?

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2016
Posted August 10th, 2014
56 posts
6.6 Years
Ok I will give it a try, looks very good by the way!

Just finished the first gym. By the way when you go in the cave and exit out you can go on top of the cave, is it suppose to be like that?
I guess so because of the wrap situation.

Anyways guys, if you want, you can make a nuzlocke or a video to post on Youtube. I might do the same thing.:)
Pokemon Shiny Jewel

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2016
Posted August 10th, 2014
56 posts
6.6 Years
Anyways I need help on overworld sprite. I not so good at that. I you want to help, just reply. Please guys.
I would like:
Player (Boy and Girl)

Gym leaders:
Normal - Girl (Cheren getting remove)
Poison - Boy
Fire - Boy
Ice - Girl
Grass - Girl
Ghost - Boy
Electric - Girl
Fighting - Boy
Pokemon Shiny Jewel

JosefigGaming

Age 21
Male
Portugal
Seen September 29th, 2020
Posted October 26th, 2014
287 posts
7.6 Years
Anyways I need help on overworld sprite. I not so good at that. I you want to help, just reply. Please guys.
I would like:
Player (Boy and Girl)

Gym leaders:
Normal - Girl (Cheren getting remove)
Poison - Boy
Fire - Boy
Ice - Girl
Grass - Girl
Ghost - Boy
Electric - Girl
Fighting - Boy
You gave absolutely no info on how the sprites should be
Also take in consideration that even if someone does make ou a sprite, you'd need to find the right pallete to recolour it to
Maybe you should actually find someone to do ow's for you, as a job instead of a gig
Working on:

#fasterSneasel :D (nohomo)

Coolest IRC with the coolest people in the coolest rooms:
http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?channels=romhacking,gogo,discovery,fluorite

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2016
Posted August 10th, 2014
56 posts
6.6 Years
Hey guys. If you want to help to make the game better, just post a comment because I taking a break of this hack and going to update Pokemon Light Rising. I'll give you credits for this hack.
Here the info that needs working:
  • Pokemon editing (movesets, evolutions, etc.) - (127 - 251)
  • Mapping
  • OW Sprites
  • Gym Leaders Sprites
  • Scripts

I'll give you the link after you post a comment about this.
Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue

Age 19
Male
Larmog Region
Seen February 10th, 2018
Posted August 13th, 2014
101 posts
6.7 Years
Tiles look great, and the screenshots show that this hack is a lot better than Light Rising. Especially the title screen. My hack is finally nearing a release so I'm pretty busy, but if you need help, I could always make some trainer sprites for you. Or I could map or whatever. I'll check out the first alpha and then I'll tell you what I think.
Masta Hacks (By Omonox)

On August 1st, discover a whole new world of Pokemon!

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2016
Posted August 10th, 2014
56 posts
6.6 Years
I like how this hack is going, but i think you should change the floor grass tile or put more things into it because it's too empty.
It looks like just a single color
Thanks, I'll think about change the floor grass tile but I would put more thing into it.

Tiles look great, and the screenshots show that this hack is a lot better than Light Rising. Especially the title screen. My hack is finally nearing a release so I'm pretty busy, but if you need help, I could always make some trainer sprites for you. Or I could map or whatever. I'll check out the first alpha and then I'll tell you what I think.
Thanks and yes this hack is better than Light Rising. Can you do pokemon editing for me like movesets, evolutions, etc because I need to work on scripts and maps. I need a break on pokemon editing so please do this favour. I'll sent you the message with the file.
Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue

Age 19
Male
Larmog Region
Seen February 10th, 2018
Posted August 13th, 2014
101 posts
6.7 Years
Thanks, I'll think about change the floor grass tile but I would put more thing into it.

Thanks and yes this hack is better than Light Rising. Can you do pokemon editing for me like movesets, evolutions, etc because I need to work on scripts and maps. I need a break on pokemon editing so please do this favour. I'll sent you the message with the file.
Yes, I can help with editing level up moves. That's rather easy to do. And I can help with sprites and whatnot.
Masta Hacks (By Omonox)

On August 1st, discover a whole new world of Pokemon!

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2016
Posted August 10th, 2014
56 posts
6.6 Years
Yes, I can help with editing level up moves. That's rather easy to do. And I can help with sprites and whatnot.
Wow thank you and if you can, you can also help with OW sprites. By the way I'll sent you the file in a moment.

Hey guys, here some things that I going to do in Alpha 2:
Install Music
Fix Tiles
More Maps
More Pokemon
Another Gym Leader

Also, the day that the Alpha 2 is going to be in July 25th - July 29th. At the moment, my friend Omonox is editing stats, types, and evolution while I doing scripts. You guys could help me on scripts such as rival battle with movement.

By the way, Alpha will go up to some town called Honeysweet Town and make sure you play the first alpha and again, you could make a video of it. :)

Updates (Alpha 2):
Alpha 2 will be release 30th/31st (a short delay).
Added Team Gunk's boss called Leo.
Another gym leader called Ross (Poison type gym).
Recreate the 1st gym which is called Nancy (Still a Normal type gym).
Expanding the story-line.
Another rival called Tyler.
More Serena battles.
Another Steve battle.
Over 100 Pokemon.

At last, Alpha 2 has now released. This alpha has expanded story and editing story to make the game better. Also, as you know, this game contains for this alpha:
  • Install Music
  • More Rivals
  • A boss for Team Gunk
  • Another Gym Leader (2 gyms)
  • More Towns
  • More Pokemon (+100)
If you want, you can make a video of this alpha and make sure, you reply back about this game with feedback.
Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Logan

Age 25
Male
Salisbury, England
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted August 26th, 2020
Do you have permission to be using sprites from Liquid Crystal (hastily edited or not), if not please remove them immediately for I'll close this thread and issue some infractions. If so then carry on peacefully :).

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2016
Posted August 10th, 2014
56 posts
6.6 Years
Do you have permission to be using sprites from Liquid Crystal (hastily edited or not), if not please remove them immediately for I'll close this thread and issue some infractions. If so then carry on peacefully :).
I've gave him credits for the sprites. However the true is, I really bad at making overworld sprites so yeah.
Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Logan

Age 25
Male
Salisbury, England
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted August 26th, 2020
I've gave him credits for the sprites. However the true is, I really bad at making overworld sprites so yeah.
I'm genuinely unaware, but are the sprites available for use with credit?

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel

Male
Seen June 2nd, 2016
Posted August 10th, 2014
56 posts
6.6 Years
I'm genuinely unaware, but are the sprites available for use with credit?
Yes? Well, It didn't say about stealing sprites. However if that was me, I won't mind. :pink_confused:
Pokemon Shiny Jewel