• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Demon Pact (OOC/SU)[M]

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Introduction

The world is black. Pure darkness fills your air, as you cease to exist this very moment. Your breathing stops, and your body is no more. It's not in this world, nor the next. It's in between somewhere. Nobody knows where, but it's there. You can feel it. One moment you remember you were doing whatever it was you were doing, and then suddenly, you're in this place.

You open your eyes, and find yourself sitting in a metal chair. You are handcuffed, and your feet are wet. You look down to see yourself surrounded by a thin sea of liquid. It could be water, or it could be blood. It is too dark to tell. The horizon in all directions is pure darkness, even the sky above you. The only light around you, is provided by blue balls of wispy flames floating about. You look around some more, and as your eyesight gets adjusted to the darkness, you find hundreds, maybe thousands of others in chairs and handcuffed, just as confused as you are.

Welcome to the Night Realm. A loud, deep yet eerie voice suddenly booms. You are all probably wondering why you are here. The voice pauses. You are here because you are dead. Everyone who dies, comes here before anywhere else. My task is to separate the ones who want to move on, and the ones who don't. You then realize that the voice is telling the truth, and you were in fact supposed to die. In a burst of blue flame, a small sheet of paper appears in front of you. For those of you who wish to pass on, just sit still. For those of you who don't wish to die just quite yet, just say the words, 'I'm Not Ready', and you shall be free from your fate. The voice pauses. Some of you will not be able to stay and sign the contract, hehe…in that case, your body was completely destroyed or beyond repairable for you to be eligible for this deal. The voice cackles. Now whenever you are ready, just say the words. You think for a moment. You have no idea what's in store for you if you sign it, but you don't want to die just yet. You have too much willpower for something like that to happen. After careful consideration, you say the words, and the contract lights up vanishes in another burst of blue flames. Hehe…excellent. Now, our time is done here everyone. For those of you who signed, expect a…'guest' to arrive soon. For those of you didn't, I wish you the best of luck…hehe. You close your eyes as you feel the floor beneath you collapse into darkness, and you fall back to the world you came from.

~​

A few months later, when you finally start to forget the 'incident', something extraordinary happens. You come face to face with a creature. However, this creature is nothing like you've seen before, but after a while, you realize that it is not hostile. In fact, it is very friendly. After a week passes by, you start to get used to the creature following you, and you learn that only you are able to see it. Nobody else. One night, you head off to bed to go sleep. However, instead of dreaming in your own world, you are once again dropped into the darkness and find yourself in the chair, handcuffed, surrounded by many others, like before.

Welcome back to the Night Realm. Since you chose the will to stay alive, you are back here. You wonder, does the creature have anything to do with the Night Realm? Suddenly, it appears in front of you, sitting in the liquid, staring at you. What you see before you is a Demon. Do not worry, it will not harm you. In fact, it is your ally. A note then appears out blue flames, next to the Demon. You look at the note, and it has something written on it. That is the name of your Demon ally. Do well to remember it, as it will come in handy. You signed the contract, which means this Demon is now forever bound to your soul until the day you cease to exist. You look around, and see that everyone else has a so-called 'Demon' in front of them as well. Now then, our time was short this time, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll be back before you know it. The voice cackles, the floor once again vanishes, sending you falling down to the world before.

The Setting + Where You Come In

You are a citizen of the metropolis known as Vestria City. An incredibly large place that has everything anyone would need. From grocery stores to 5-star restaurants, to universities to gentlemen clubs. If you don't drive, there's always the city's transit system to take you wherever you need to go. You may be a worker, maybe a student, or maybe you don't do anything at all. All you know is that you've been busy doing your daily tasks as you always do, without any problems, and you like it that way. In fact, you may even be beginning to like the fact that you have a Demon attached to your very soul. It's been nearly a month since the last Night Realm incident, and quite frankly, as much as you want answers, you don't want to go back to that awful place. So instead, you look for your own answers, by talking to the Demon itself. Or at least trying to. After finding out your Demon's name from your last visit, you also learn that you are able to call the Demon out at will whenever you need it, as well as call it back inside your own body. You've also noticed that it doesn't talk, but mainly communicates using it's own noises or actions. Sort of similar to an animal. You were getting comfortable, and just when you thought you were getting somewhere on what the whole Demon situation was about, you suddenly get an unusual visit to your home by a strange hooded figure with a letter, regarding you and your Demon.

Demons & The World

Alrighty guys, that pretty much concludes the introduction/plot portion of the RP. Now, many of you may be wondering what is the whole RP actually about, and what's up with the whole Demon thing. Essentially, think of it like this. The Demon is a part of you, and is created from within you. It's not necessarily a 100% accurate representation of you, but rather a shard of who you really are. For example, if your character is stubborn or filled with pride, their Demon may take the form of a lion or a variation. Or maybe if they are really smart, their Demon may have some sort of scouting abilities. Your Demon can literally look like just about anything, and the abilities are endless among them. Players are also able to call them out from their bodies, by saying their name. When not in use, the Demon resides inside its owners bodies/soul. Throughout the course of the RP, it is possible to gain new Demons as your character undergoes changes. The Demons themselves are not exactly living, so you need not worry about taking care of them or hurting their feelings of the sort.

Now that's out of the way, I guess we should get down to the world of Demon Pact. Firstly, this RP does not take place in the world everyone is familiar with. Think of it as an alternate world, with slightly more Final Fantasy-esque touches here and there. However, there are no floating cars or anything of the sorts. Everything else would be just as you would find in a large city like New York, such as transit, malls, schools, taxis, etc. Secondly, this RP is not really a sandbox, but at the beginning it will be. It is up to the players to choose whether they want to interact with others, and how they do so. If your character doesn't get along with others, then they are going to have a tough time later on in the RP when teamwork is a must.

I guess the main question is what happens now? How does the RP start off? Well, I'll explain. It said your character entered the Night Realm from dying, which means your character must have died somehow for them to reach the Night Realm. How you died is up to you. It could have been an accident, drowning, choking, etc. As long as they didn't get their heads chopped off, in which case they would not be allowed to make the Demon Pact, as their bodies would be completely gone and doctors would not be able to fix it. Your character has entered the Night Realm twice so far. First time through death, second time they were summoned, and the introduction cuts off with them retrieving their letter. This is where the RP starts. Be warned however, things are going to happen suddenly on my first post so make sure you let me know if you don't understand. I will give instructions on what to post, when the RP starts. And with that aside, I think we can go on to the rules of the RP.

The Rules

• All PC RP Forum Rules Apply
    • No God-modding/bunnying, etc. This includes taking hits like a champ, and killing other people's Demons by yourself. Unless you somehow outsmart it, the Demon will most likely kill you if you try to fight it without your own Demon.
    • My word is law. If I say something is off limits, then don't argue.
    • When a Demon is summoned, there is a 'bond' that forms between the user and Demon. This bond comes in the form of a silver chain that binds itself around the user's wrist and attaches itself to the Demon. Although it doesn't really restrict movement for the user, it does restrict how far the Demon can go away from the user. The length of the chain varies greatly among person to person (some may have 10 feet, some may have even 50 feet). It is dependant on things such as the type of Demon, user traits, and even sometimes luck/randomness. The chain can be severed only by another Demon, and it must be at the root of the chain located at the user's wrist. If this happens, the Demon is gone forever and the user also has a high chance of death if they can't handle the pressure of getting it ripped out of their soul. If the user is killed for whatever reason (without the chain being severed), then obviously the Demon is gone as well.
    • Aside from the above point, a Demon can never 'die'. It can get tired and defeated, in which case it will revert back inside its user. Which brings me to another point: It is extremely tiresome to keep summoning a Demon over and over again. Once is good, twice will fatigue you, three times hurts + pushing it, and anything more than that will bring you pain and probably knock you out and possible life threatening.
    • This RP is rated M. For Violence, some swearing, romance, etc. You know the deal. As for swearing, try to keep it to a minimum. No F-bombs. Also, yes there will be violence, but don't go explicit with gore. On another note, I'm warning you right now, there are going to be scenarios in this RP that may make people a bit...queasy/uneasy? Please remember I'm not doing this because I want to offend people or because I enjoy it, it is simply for RP's sake. I won't go into detail about it here, but if you have questions or concerns, shoot me a vm or pm.
    • Like I said. The first little while is going to be sandbox. It is up to you to decide if you want your player interacting with others. However, your character will eventually be forced to work with the others, just so you are aware.
    • Don't leave the RP randomly. Tell me if you plan on leaving, so I can figure something out.
    • Most of all, please give me suggestions to make the RP better. It really does help, and I can take crit.

The Sign-Up Sheet

Name: (First and Last. Middle name if they have one.)

Age: (18+ I give it an 18+, because there are going to be some situations in the RP where things just wouldn't work out with someone younger.)

Sex: (Male or Female)

Appearance: (Gimme a description of your character. You know, height, weight, hair color/length, clothing. Honestly, I prefer text over pictures, as it will give other players a chance to visualize your character. It doesn't even have to be that long, as long as you provide enough to let the others visualize.)

Personality: (Okay, so here's a kicker. Instead of writing out a personality, all I want you to do is list 4 or 5 main points of your characters personality. This is to keep things simple so only the creator knows their true personality, plus it's more than likely your character may undergo changes. If you want to know about the characters a bit more, you must interact with them in the RP. Keep in mind, I don't want psychopaths. )
    • ~
    • ~
    • ~
    • ~

Miscellaneous Points: (This is where you can put up to 4 points about anything to do with your character. Not personality, but things like events that have happened to them in life or anything interesting about them. Maybe their job, school, hobbies, etc.)
    • ~
    • ~
    • ~
    • ~

RP Sample: (This right here is gonna be a major deciding factor of your SU. What I want you to write out, is the first time your character went to the Night Realm. Somehow incorporate how your character dies as well. This can be either through your character thinking such as a flashback, or you can actually write out their death.

After this, I want you to write a little bit on meeting your Demon. Don't write about visiting the Night Realm for the second time, as things will just get tedious. All in all, this RP sample doesn't have to be too long, but what I'm really looking for is how your character behaves, thinks, etc. Maybe even incorporate a little bit of history too, such as flashbacks.)

Demon: (Your Demon's name.)

Demon Appearance: (Write a description on how your Demon looks like. It doesn't even have to be an animal. Make sure it is nothing too spectacular for now. Also, try and make your own. Don't just pick a Pokémon/Digimon or something from Persona/Shin Megami Tensei.)

Chain Length: (How big is the chain that connects to your Demon. I really have no limit for this as long as you are being reasonable. If the chain is like 100 feet long, then you better give a darn good explanation as to why.)

Demon Abilities: (List some attacks your Demon knows. They don't even have to be attacks, as they can also be abilities such as scouting, illusionary abilities, etc. Keep in mind that Demons are invisible to the regular humans, but they are still able to interact with the world and touch physical objects. As such, if someone were to run into the Demon, they would feel it. There's also no limits to the amount of abilities, but make it reasonable. Two to four seem reasonable, right? Also, make sure it is nothing overpowered. If you are not sure, let me know, because if your Demons powers are overpowered than it is going to be a problem.)

My SU

Name: Dayven Welters

Appearance: Dayven stands at around 6 feet, with a rather muscular build. Working out often has given him rather thick muscles all around. His short blonde hair is usually spike near the front, and he wears a diamond-studded earring on his left ear. His face is relatively clean, and his blue eyes make him a rather attractive young fellow. For clothing, he tends to wear a fitted, thin, purple zip-up hoodie, and a black t-shirt underneath. For the lower part of his body, he wears loose-fitting black jeans, and white sneakers with red laces.

Personality:
    • Usually comes off as rude
    • Doesn't go looking for trouble unless provoked
    • Logical (likes to think things through)
    • Observant
    • Sort of insecure

Misc. Traits:
    • Lives with his 6-year old sister and mother
    • Doesn't work, nor go to school
    • Has ties with the city's notorious gang
    • Likes to knit
    • Doesn't drive; only takes transit

Demon

Demon Name: Bergz

Appearance: Bergz takes the form of a large navy-blue bear. His front and back paws are colored with a red fur (almost like socks), and his tail is a bit more cat-like than bear-like. When standing on its hind legs, Bergz stands at around 9 feet.

Chain Length: 25 feet

Abilities:
    • Fireball: Bergz shoots out a fireball from its mouth. Simple enough
    • Melee Attacks: Punches, claws/slashing, bashing/tackling, etc.

Accepted Players

Dayven Welters & Bergz [Jegretis]
    Herra Granite Millium [Logical Cabbage]
    Will Zephyr [NyxShooter]
    John Pierce [ApocalypticAnarchist]
    Isaiah Parris [90FC3C]
    Allison Crane [Godzil]
    Steven McEvans [Tyler]
    Robin Neal [LastOne]

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Nice. I'm done!
    Part 1: The Human

Spoiler:
    Part 2: The Demon

Spoiler:

Last edited:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Ohhhh Man Jeg. Im all up for some pseudo-satanic stuffs C:< Let me know my mistakes and what I should rework in a vm/pm ^_^

Name: Will Zephyr

Sex: Male

Appearance:

Will is your average joe, someone you might pass along the sidewalk. No distinct features about him which set him apart. Will is a lean young man who stands at a striking 5'.9" with caramel, chocalty hair. A dirty blond, if you will. He has deep, lush green eyes and a baby boy like face with no distinct facial hair. His hair is a ruffian-rugged style where he rarely combs it.

His casual fashion sense pertains hoodies and jackets. In the summer he wears t-shirts, and tanktops, but no matter the weather he will always wear jeans.. Will never liked flashy accessories and as such most of his clothing are a dull colour such as a dark hue of red or black, but more of the latter. Will wears slack jeans fit for easy running, despite not being recommended for running. His denim jeans are ripped and torn.

Zephyr.240.800943.jpg

Personality:
    ~ Naive
    ~ Easily likable
    ~ Low Tempered
    ~ Very Perceptive
    ~ Easy-going

Miscellaneous Points:
    ~ Highschool dropout
    ~ Loves reading
    ~ Experienced with a knife
    ~ Has ADD

RP Sample:

"Blurbghhh" is what was going to start an eventful day as his roomate dragged the curtains aside. "Let there be light in this stink hole!" was Daisy's blessingly kind words. Will almost fell out of bed as he tried to get up, stumbling and banging the back of his on the drawer. "Hung over again? You really need to look after yourself more Will" said Daisy with a worried tone. "Yeah yeah, ok" said a tired Will as he put on a hoodie. "Will, we're out of milk, can you go ahead and buy us some?" said Daisy as she went to the near empty fridge. Their flat was small, from one room you could see the whole house. "Alright, fine. On it" said Will. He got up and put his jeans on and went down to the super market.

"That will be 3 dollars sir" said the lady at the desk. "3 dollars for milk? That's bogus" he said as he left the money on the counter. He was walking home in Vestria, near the suburbs. He didn't have much on him except a wallet. He noticed a couple arguing. He almost tripped over as he was walking to the bus stop. He sat down near the bus stop and was shuffling his feet kicking a pebble around. He saw a little kid playing around on the side-walk. An unattentive mother was smoking a ciggarette when the kid was pulling her skirt asking her to play with him. She shooed the boy away. He kicked his ball a bit too far as it went onto the road. Will was gobbersmacked by the mothers behavior as the kid was just walking down a seemingly empty road to retrieve his ball. Meanwhile, a car was zooming by at high speeds. Will saw the car and he sprinted towards the kid, "I dont have much in my life" thought Will "But that kid hasn't even started his" he thought as he continued his onward assault. Truthbetold he wasn't expecting to throw himself infront of the car rather than the kid, but that's what happened. He pushed the kid as he looked to his left and all he last saw were blindingly bright headlights.

WABAM

As the car hit Will's unnerving body as it was launched and he hit the ground. His body was left unharmed, physically.

He awoke, it was dark and moist. It also smelled. He wondered where he was. He was sitting down, that's all he knew. He tried to get up by he was handcuffed to a chair. He was moving about restlessly, and splashing about before he realized that there was a thin layer of some sort of... liquid. He wasn't able to identify the liquid due to the darkness. He was flailing about and started to call out, he was panicing, hoping this wouldn't turn into a horror film. He saw a thing? Yes a thing would be the best way to describe it. A thing offered him to either go on to the life beyond, or do unfinished business. Zephyr tried to shout but he froze. And then the words. "I am not ready" said Will, meek, but audible.

He suddenly awoke in a bush and saw the road he was rocketted off of. He saw his grocery bags still there and he got out of the bush with a few thorns in his side. He continued walking until he noticed a wolf walking behind him. It was a wierd kind of wolf, which didn't belong in this area. It had a greyish black hue about its fur, and it got lighter as it got to the snout. He realized he had a chain wrist-band around his wrist. He thought it looked cool, but didn't remember how he got it. He got on the bus and the wolf got on behind him. He looked at the bus driver and gave him a queer look, and the bus driver didn't catch on. Who lets a wolf onto a bus?! Disregarding the obvious, nobody seemed to notice the wolf. He grabbed onto the railing and waited...

Will got off at his stop, still remembering the "incident" that happened. Was he re-animated from death? Is he a zombie? So many questions. He got to his flat and put the milk in the freezer. Daisy said he looked like he'd gone through hell. "You have no idea" said Will, snickering at the literal pun as he went into his room and flopped down onto his bed, closing his heavy eye-lids.

Demon: Etara

Demon Appearance: A Wolf. Very blaintly a wolf which depicts an adversatile figure. The wolf is black with lines of grey spreading out from its snout. The hue isn't a pitch black, rather a more light calm black. The wolfs maw is clear and visible, giving off an aggresive appearance. Etara features a long puffy tail with grey rings encompassing the tail. Etara's ears are also slightly larger and more sharp than an average wolf.

Chain Length: 25 feet

Demon Abilities:
    ~ Paranoia:

Etara makes a victim see blackness for about 3 and a half seconds.

~ Overt

Etara grows slightly giving it a more bulky appearance and enhancing its muscular strength. Etara can only stay this large for 15 seconds.

~ Dissapear

Etara goes 'invisible' for half a second.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    John Pierce
    Male

Pierce is 5'11 and weighs 139 lbs. He has long wavy brown hair with his right eye partly covered by it. His eyes are dark brown and his stare is unnerving. He often carrys a blank expression, one of a person who has lost everything and is searching for a reason, a reason to exist. He prefers to wear a black jacket, made of a canvas like material and a thin hood with a dark green shirt underneath. He also wears camo cargo pants spotted with darker greens and browns. He isn't athletic or scrawny but something in between.

Personality
    •Reckless
    •Extremely stubborn
    •Intelligent but judgement is often clouded by anger
    •Beat up first, ask questions later

Random Stuff
    •Parents were killed in a robbery when he was 10
    •he practiced archery as a child but hasn't even looked at a bow in years.
    •Works part-time with a moving company, carrying boxes and furniture.

RP Sample:
    Pain. Pain, not of the hole ripped through my chest, but of knowing I might not ever see her again. As I lay on the floor slowly dying, I struggle to remember what had happened. Then it all came back. Rose,my girlfriend, and I were walking towards a restaurant at the end of the street. The only other people in sight were two men walking in front of us, arguing with each other. Suddenly one of the men steps in front of the other, takes out a gun and shoots. He looked around and saw us, witnesses to his crime. As he raises his gun I step in front of her but I wasn't fast enough. As Rose fell, I went down with her. That is how I died, how we both died and I ended up in that...that place.

A blank room but not really a room just black. Blackness everywhere, extending far above, replacing the sky. The chair was cold steel and I was handcuffed to it. A voice speaks but I do not listen it. A paper lies on the table in front of me but I do not see it. All i know is that I lost the one thing I couldn't live without. I had failed to protect what had mattered most.

"I dont want....I cant die yet. Im not ready....what if she survived."

The paper disappeared but I took no notice.

I awoke to find myself in a hospital bed, but my eyes were still getting used to being open and I wasn't able to see who was in my room. A few minutes pass before I can see clearly. A doctor walks to the side of my bed and explains how I barely survived and that the bullet almost hit my heart. Beyond the doctor were Rose's parents. At first I wondered why they were with me and not Rose but I knew the answer. I looked up at their face and saw the tears streaming down and then I knew... I knew what had become of my beloved. I passed out ten seconds later but not before I caught a glimpse of something standing in a corner of my room. About 5'9 the thing was wearing tattered grey robes and a grey hood, its face shrouded in darkness.

The weeks passed by. Over that time I studied the figure standing in the corner. It carried a scythe in one hand, using it as a staff and the other hand was a not a hand but a claw covered with black fur. The nurses and doctors would walk right past it so I assumed others could not see it. It didn't seem aggressive and I figured that if it wanted to kill me, I'd be dead already.

Finally the time came, when I was released from the hospital. I could finally start the search for Rose's killer. That thing, I soon discovered was chained to my wrist. I hope that scythe can cut.

Demon: Àmûn Ra

Appearance: 5'9 wearing a torn grey cloak and hood. The hood completely covers the face from view. One arm is covered in black fur and has 5 sharp talons where a person's nails would be. The other hand holds scythe that is a bit taller than the demon.

Chain Length: 15 ft

Abilities

Phantom Night: Becomes a ghost for 10 seconds. While in this state Àmûn Ra can walk through walls and cannot be harmed however he cannot attack. After using the ability he must rest for two seconds and cannot move in that time.

Phantom Strike: Àmûn Ra uses his demon sense to find his enemy and strike with his scythe and the attack cannot miss but it can only be used when uses an ability AND Pierce cannot see the target.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • Name: Isaiah Parris

Sex: Male

Appearance: Standing at 5'6" and being as lean as anyone else in the big city, Isaiah certainly looks younger than he is, and is often mistaken for a high schooler (or, occasionally, a girl). A bright orange beanie covers most of his black hair, and his yellow eyes reflect his easy-going yet determined personality. His other wardrobe consists of baggy white cargo pants of which he has several, most of them containing all manner of scuffs and faint stains of various things; whatever t-shirt he had lying around, usually in gray or some sort of warm pastel color (or a gray zipped-up hoodie in the winter); and a pair of red canvas sneakers, also scuffed up and have barely any tread left.

Personality:
    ~ He's generally outgoing and loves to be around people.
    ~ He has an unrelenting desire to be free.
    ~ He makes his best effort to follow with everything he does, leaving no business unfinished.
    ~ Acts very impulsive, deciding to do what he wants, when he wants.

Miscellaneous Points:
    ~ His biggest hobby is skateboarding, where he has a few years' experience.
    ~ Studies at Vestria University.
    ~ Holds a part-time job at the campus bookstore to fund his hobbies.

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

Demon: Aquila

Demon Appearance: Aquila is an avian form, largely resembling a bird of prey such as a falcon, but he's all black. He has three large, curved spines jutting out from the back of his neck, as if he really wanted to be a dragon but wasn't.

Chain Length: 20 feet

Demon Abilities:

Weightlessness: With concentration, Aquila can lift a person or other creature as if telekinetically. If the concentration is broken, the effect goes away.

Ensnarement: For about 10 seconds, the target cannot move further than 5 feet of where they were when targeted.

Melee attacks: Self-explanatory, with talons and teeth.

Years
  • Name: Allison Crane

Sex: Female

Appearance:
    ke930m.jpg

Nearly six feet tall, and just under 150, give or take a few pounds. Allison is slender, with lean muscle showing her strength. She has red hair reaching just past her shoulders, which is either worn straight or in a ponytail. She has big brown eyes and is pretty, but in a tomboy, girl-next-door kind of way. She prefers pants to skirts, usually wearing black pants and running shoes. She likes brighter tops, usually red, green, or plain white, and wears shirts with short or no sleeves.

Personality: 
    ~ Friendly and open, enjoys talking to people
    ~ Ditzy, letting her mind wander and going off on tangents
    ~ Hard worker, but likes to compete and play hard
    ~ Will be silly and weird for a laugh, but embarrassed of her more "girly" traits

Miscellaneous Points: 
    ~ Enjoys exercise, particularly jogging; ran track in high school
    ~ Works at a sandwich shop, aspires to be a chef
    ~ Enlisted in the military in high school, honorably discharged recently

RP Sample: 
    Spoiler:

Demon: Leatherhead

Demon Appearance: A muscle-bound man, almost seven feet tall, wearing red spandex pants and black leather boots. The man is shirtless, and his skin is green and scaly, rough and armored. His right hand is metallic, the silver metal fused seamlessly at his forearm, the silver chain attached to his wrist. Most notable is his head, which is covered in a black mask, almost like a luchador's. The lower jaw is covered by white leather, almost skull-like, and his eyes are covered by red lenses.

Chain Length: 18.5 feet

Demon Abilities: 
    ~ Eisbahn: By draining the heat from an area, Leatherhead covers the surrounding area with a thin layer of ice. Anyone entering the area risks slipping on the ice. Allison and Leatherhead are immune to the ice, as is anything with cold-based powers.
    ~ Ookazi: Leatherhead can summon flames into his hand, enhancing his physical blows or providing him with a ranged attack in the form of a small fire bolt. The flames are mundane fire, and could in theory be used for lighting candles, or other mundane tasks.
    ~ My Body as a Shield: Simply put, Leatherhead can instantly warp to Allison's side to protect her from harm. Catching her if she falls, blocking physical attacks, or deflecting solid objects. Since no one else can see Leatherhead, this technique looks very strange to a casual viewer, possibly raising suspicion. Of course, the physical damage is redirected onto Leatherhead, which in turn takes a mental toll on Allison.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Alright, let's get down to business.

@Nyx: You are accepted!

90FC3C: You are also accepted.

@Godzil: You are accepted.

@LogicalC: Ehhh, you're forgetting something in your RP Sample. It's a good sample, but is Ryan Herra's dad? Also, Tail Gorge may as well just be a melee attack, as it doesn't make sense that he's attacking the foe 2-5 times like it's supposed to Pin Missile or something lol.

@Apocalyptic: The abilities are a bit weird. What would happen if the 10 seconds were up and the Demon is still within a building's walls? Same with Phantom Strike. I'm not sure what you mean by 'when uses an ability'? Are you talking about Àmûn Ra? Also, why can't the attack miss? Surely if it's a just a swing of the scythe, a demon fast enough could dodge it.

Also, do you guys always write in first person? Not that it matters, I was just wondering.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    @Apocalyptic: The abilities are a bit weird. What would happen if the 10 seconds were up and the Demon is still within a building's walls? Same with Phantom Strike. I'm not sure what you mean by 'when uses an ability'? Are you talking about Àmûn Ra? Also, why can't the attack miss? Surely if it's a just a swing of the scythe, a demon fast enough could dodge it.

Also, do you guys always write in first person? Not that it matters, I was just wondering.

I don't usually write in first person but I wanted to try it.

As for the abilities, when you say "when uses an ability", that was a typo, I meant when the opponent demon uses an ability. The strike doesn't miss because Àmûn Ra uses his demon powers or whatever to make sure it hits, kinda like a homing bullet or arrow. As long as the enemy is within the scythe's radius, they will get hit by it when using the ability. Part of the abilities restriction is that Pierce can't be able to see the opponent. Its a invisibility/blindness counter but only works close range. Sorry I didn't specify.

As for Phantom Night, if he is still within the walls he would be compelled to move to an area where he could re-materialize.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • Also, do you guys always write in first person? Not that it matters, I was just wondering.

For roleplaying, it really helps me get into character. After all, I have to make it up on the spot and develop it in the space of the sample, and it's hard to think the same way my characters do without simply being them.

Plus, most of my recent roleplaying experience has been in tabletop RPGs which are always first-person, so that might have influenced it.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Alright, let's get down to business.

@LogicalC: Ehhh, you're forgetting something in your RP Sample. It's a good sample, but is Ryan Herra's dad? Also, Tail Gorge may as well just be a melee attack, as it doesn't make sense that he's attacking the foe 2-5 times like it's supposed to Pin Missile or something lol.

I don't know about the others, but I'm a blend of first and third person. It's just that since you said you wanted to see if the characters could think, so first person was better for me.

As for the RP sample, yes Ryan is Herra's dad. Will that affect the plot or something? Also, I changed yet once again Tail Gorge. I wanted to think of something unique for that but nothing came up.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    This reminds me a lot of Blue Dragon, so yes, this looks like a really exciting Rp. Demons can all float, I'm assuming? Cause a lot of the way I'm imagining it right now, comes from Blue Dragon's creatures.

My SU: Robin Neal
    Spoiler:

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Ah, Jegretis, We meet again

Human

Spoiler:

Demon

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Sorry, late reply.

LC: You are accepted.

Apocalyptic: You are also accepted.

LastOne: Accepted.

Tyler: Also accepted. Really like the Kiwi Demon lol.

Anyways, with that, SUs are closed. I'll have my SU up soon and submit the RP thread by tomorrow *or at least before the weekend). I know I said I would have it up sooner, but I had a little health problem that needed checking out.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Sorry, I had to go to the doctor several times this weekend, but I think I'm good for now :/

Anyways, I submitted the thread, so it should be up soon. Meanwhile, lemme tell you guys how your first post is (It may be confusing because you haven't seen the IC thread yet):

1) So yeah, like I said in the OOC, the RP starts with your character retrieving the letter. They could be doing their everyday things, and then receive the letter at the end of your post or something.
    2) Your post probably won't be very long, but make sure its a decent length.
    3) The letter you receive is to be opened at midnight. If you try to open it before, it won't open, and dark-coloured sparks may shock you if you try. Your character will open it by your second post.
    3) Do not converse with the hooded figure. His job is to simply deliver the envelope to you.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Well that's sad to hear about the doctor thing. Hopefully it will be a long time before you go to the doctors.

Anyway, the rules of the first post seem pretty simple to me. As soon as I can whenever the thread is up, I will post. School has burdened me with lots of pages of homework, but I will manage.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • Hey J. Too bad I saw this rp too late. Would you let me know if a spot opens up? I'll have a SU done just in case.

Back