Other FULL Outcast (Rated T for Teen, OOC+SU)

Started by Nidoking76 September 7th, 2014 9:00 AM
  • 96 replies

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Lavender Town. I ain't afraid of no ghosts!
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
OUTCAST

It was so peaceful when the world began to end.
It all started on September 7th of 2014. A massive explosion happened in the Middle of New York City. The cause of the explosion was unknown, and people may never know what caused the explosion, but it is known for certain that the explosion could, and would, end life as we know it. The explosion turned off all technology across all of America for a full 24 hours. Many people were killed that day, as well as a massive amount of people lost on the streets without a home. But what would happen next was what caused the most damage.
On September 11th, hundreds of people across the entire American continent began to gain powers. Some of these powers saved, some killed, some destroyed, some built. Immediately, people decided that powers where a curse. People with powers were called "Outcasts", and were generally hated. Quickly, the entire country was put under martial law, and the President made the decree "Any and all humans in the American continent who have powers are required by law to come to military to become an agent of the S.O.T., otherwise they will be terminated."

SU

Name (Full name):
Gender (Male or female):
Class (Read section on classes below first):
Age (18 to 30):
Appearance (At least 2 paragraphs):
Personality (At least 2 paragraps... again):
History (optional):
Power (read section on powers below first, leave empty if you have no powers):
Other:

LINK TO IC http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=335914

CLASS

S.O.T.
Spoiler:
The S.O.T. (secure or terminate) is the American foundation funded by the government to capture people with powers and either force them to join or kill them.
Dog
Spoiler:
The "dogs" are agents of the S.O.T. The main job these guys have are to guard the base, and occasionally going out in large groups to find people with powers and either force them to follow them and join the S.O.T., or kill them. Dogs do not have powers.

Hounds
Spoiler:
The Hounds are outcasts that work for the S.O.T. Some Hounds, mainly the ones that have less destructive powers, stay at the base to either guard or do productive work, such as repairing minor damage. The more dangerous outcasts, however, normally go out with large groups of dogs to find people with powers and bring them in.

Outsiders
Spoiler:
The "Ousiders" are a group of people who dedicate their lives to helping people escape the S.O.T. They are currently having a full out war with the S.O.T. If you refuse to work with this group because you just want a normal life, then they will probably actually try to help you settle down and hide from the S.O.T. If you don't work with them because you want to join the S.O.T., however, they will definitely try to kill you.

Troop
Spoiler:
Troops are the outsider's dogs. Like the dogs, they are normal humans who chose to work for the outsider's, except that the dogs work for the S.O.T. The troops normally either guard the base, or they go and find outcasts and give them the option to join.

Outer
Spoiler:
Like hounds, the outers are outcasts who work for the outsiders, except that hounds work for the S.O.T. Also like hounds, the outers spend their time either guarding the base or finding oucasts.

Hider
Spoiler:
Hiders are the people who have powers but don't want to join the S.O.T. To avoid joining the S.O.T., hiders typically, well, hide. That's why they're called hiders. Moving on...

Striker
Spoiler:
(Kudos to Archer99 for the idea)
The Striker is on his own side. Strikers typically believe that both sides are wrong. All Strikers either have powers or they don't, and they attack both sides.

YOUR ROLE
Basically, you have two choices: you can be someone who has powers or someone who doesn't. Depending on your class, your goals are different. I guess the only other thing I can say here is that the RP starts in New York City, and the date is January 8, 2015.

POWERS
If you choose to be an outcast, you should probably learn how to choose your power. All there is on this is just a few rules:
-1. No powers that make you impossible to kill.
-2. All powers have limits.
-3. No making powers that are boring and clichèd.
-4. If you have trouble with your power, ask me for help. I don't have a life, so it shouldn't take to long before you get a response.
-5. Make yourself more experienced with your power the longer you've had it.

RULES
Oh God, that was exhasting. I've been typing this for hours. Anyway, I hope I'm about done with this, here are the rest of the rules:
Obey all basic RP rules.
I see that look on your face. You want a second character. If you would like two characters, just write a second SU.
Romance stops at kissing.
To make sure you read the rules, put this into your SU as a password: There's a Yin for every Yang.
No trolling, spamming, bunnying, etc.

SLOTS
I can't believe I forgot this.

1. Nidoking76
2. Logical Cabbage
3. Godzil
4. Rejectionthehedgie
5. Archer99
6. Judge Mandalore Shepard
7. Gelius3
8. Shiny Diamond
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

I haven't been online in forever. Sorry if I inconvenienced you when I left.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan

Age 21
Female
Houston, Texas
Seen August 16th, 2018
Posted February 21st, 2015
1,264 posts
7.3 Years
This seems pretty interesting. Reserve me a spot please, I'll have that SU in 2-4 days and There's a Yin for every Yang. :)
Name: Nita Crane
Class: Striker
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:
Nita is a very naturally suspicious person no matter what. Come with her with a gift and she won't accept. If things are too peaceful, then she will hunt down what is about to happen. She is also pretty hardy and leaves no room for people who aren't smart nor are serious. With little patience, Nita is a very hard person to trust, but that is what she wants you to think of her. Sure she doesn't talk much but she would rather let you play the cards before she shows you her hand. She is always carefully at every move she does, not because she is scared but because it's the only way Nita knows how to survive.

Depending on who's she's with, she acts differently around people; to some she'll be that shy girl that does nothing, to others she'll strike as a big drama queen, but the point is that she will never reveal her true feelings unless she can use it to manipulate you. Yes, she is that type of person that would control you with words before using her powers. She does not believe in helping others rather than yourself, but she does look up to people that are brave and a but noble. But Nita will do whatever to survive, no matter if it means to sacrifice dignity.

Alas, Nita will always side with those that seem more beneficial, but she will never stay behind and watch all the action happen in front of her. Frankly she would leave things based on how they are, but she wants the world to snap out of oblivion and into the survival way. With no regrets, Nita does what she has to do.

Theme Song: Sweet Sacrifice by Evanescence

History:

Power:

Ominous Glare:
Spoiler:
The user uses a very powerful glare with a mental ability and the victim is paralyzed for a good minute, five at the most. This also drains energy from the user.

Justified Mind:
Spoiler:
The user uses her mental desires and controls a victim. For how long depends on the will and desire of the controller. This severely weakens down the user though.
Train them please!

Avatar Request OR Banner Request
Previously, Logical Cabbage
RP Participation
Begin Again#Return of the Titans#Pokemon Earth and Sky#Outbreak

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Logical Cabbage's character is reserved.
Note: Your "Justified Mind" power is really cool, just, please, don't use it to do any hardcore bunnying.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

Groc

Age 30
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,553 posts
11.1 Years
It's been a while since I've been in a powers game. This seems fun!

Name: Bryan Hunter
Class: Outer

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Though he used to be a quiet kid and a bit of a loner, Bryan has recently opened up and really come out of his shell. He's a calm but friendly guy, who enjoys conversations and getting to know people. He's not big on social activities, preferring to stay in rather than go out. He is intelligent, but doesn't like to boast about it, so he'll readily help out in a situation, but lets others take the credit. He just tries to be a nice guy, and always wants to help people out. If he ever gets sad or angry, he doesn't show it, keeping his darker emotions buried.

For all his quiet friendliness, there is a sense of desperation about him. He used to love puzzles and games, but now finds them trivial thanks to his powers. He seeks a challenge, but dislikes competing with others. He wants to be useful, but has doubts that people care about him personally.

History: When Bryan was young, he didn't want anything to do with other people. He much preferred to stay at home reading books or spending time with his older brother, the only person he cared for. Bryan was barely 10 when his brother joined the military, leaving him basically alone. He was enrolled in a boarding school, where he could get a good education without having to deal with too many other people. Having s knack for fixing stuff, he studied engineering, wanting to become a mechanic someday. This all changed when the explosion happened. He had been visiting his brother when the event went down, and both of them ended up gaining powers. When the President announced that all Powered Americans must join the military, Bryan's brother convinced him to join up. He served in the S.O.T., but became disillusioned with their ways after he led a squad to a family with a powered daughter, who ended up being terminated. He deserted soon after, and joined up with the Outsiders.

Theme Song: I Know You Know by The Friendly Indians

Power:

Super Sudoku:
Spoiler:
Bryan has an innate understanding of puzzles, allowing him to solve them quickly and almost by instinct. He can see the whole picture, and what pieces go where, all at the speed of thought. What counts as a "puzzle" is rather vague, as the power also makes him skilled at picking locks and tracking, among other things.

The power was jokingly given its name because Bryan is often seen with a book of Sudoku puzzles, which he solves in his spare time.

Dancing Lights:
Spoiler:
The ability to create and manipulate orbs of light, providing illumination. Bryan can move the light orbs with his mind, and alter their size, shape, and color to a limited degree.

Other: There's a Yin for every Yang.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Godzil's character is reserved. I like how everyone is making unique powers, instead of stereotyped fireballs, super strength, etc.

My character:

Name: Jacob "Carl" Turner
Class: Hider
Appearance:
I decided to make an image on a website that hopefully didn't have a virus on it.

Yes, you can just use an image instead of two full paragraphs. Just make sure it's a good image.
Personality: Carl likes to think of himself as the top of the food chain. He thinks of himself as more important than everyone else, though in reality, he doesn't really do much. He is typically cheerful, and is always willing to accept a challenge. He is easily angered though, but he tries to keep his cool. He keeps a vast storage of useless knowledge in his, saying "that it may or may not eventually become a little useful." He often does enjoy cracking puns and wise cracks, though most of the time not even he thinks their funny.
He is, however, every definition of a smart-Alec-know-it-all-sour-loser. He likes to make a point about how much he knows, and ends up looking like a smart ass when no one else knows it. If he meets someone who knows something Carl doesn't know, he typically makes a point of showing off the other facts that he knows. And lastly, about that "sour loser" part... yeah. If someone beats him at anything, he will re analyze the entire event over and over again until he finds out what went wrong, and he will then immediately attempt to win this a second time.
History: Carl wasn't even five years old when he started to become a smart Alec. When his parents enrolled him into the public school, it didn't take long for him to get mocked for wearing glasses. He tried so hard to make himself stand out without being pushed on, but no matter matter what he did, they always called him a nerd. So, he decided to start taking revenge. Basically, when I say revenge, I mean, tripping people, pushing them into mud, etc. He felt pretty good about himself at this point. Seriously, what were the teachers gonna do anyway? They didn't even care as long as he wasn't to much of a problem. When he reached the age of 20, he decided to go to college to learn coding. When he turned 22, however, the explosion happened. The entire city blacked out for the day. No one new what was happening. All the power turned off. No news. No Internet. Nothing to explain anything. However, the next day, people began to gain powers. He was one of the few people in his college to gain powers. However, unlike the other people, he knew what was going to happen: these people were hated. Unlike them, he pretended to not have powers. To make people believe him, he even picked on the outcasts there a little. Not even his parents knew about his powers. When the S.O.T. was founded, however, he just continued to pretend to be a normal human being, in a normal human house, on the outskirts of New York City.
Power:
Knowledge
Spoiler:
Carl's first ability is knowledge. If he mearly has to do something, he gains the knowledge and the skill to do it far better than anyone else could, as long as he's still doing it, for the moment he stops, he forgets how to do it.

Observancy
Spoiler:
Carl's second power is observancy. He can notice something from a mile away, and can notice the slightest change in the human facial expression. He started using this power as a cheap party trick, in which he'd quickly say all the letters of the alphabet, and he'd notice when someone twitched a little when he reached the first letter of his name. Doing this made it easy to find out who someone was and what he was doing.

Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

RejectiontheHedgie

The Rejected One

Female
Cleveland
Seen November 15th, 2014
Posted November 9th, 2014
45 posts
6.9 Years
May I join?

Name: Luna Fey

Class: Outer

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Silent and calm, Luna isn't one to lose her composure easily. She mainly seems unapproachable to others, mainly because her cold stare. She isn't one to speak very many words, and when she does it's usually something harsh or blunt. Not leaving anything to be desired, she hates being around loud mouths, and isn't afraid to take unnecessary risks. Although cool and collected, Luna hates being challenged, because she doesn't hold back on anyone, no matter what their circumstances are.

She is however, a rebel. She hates taking orders, but will if need be. She is very mature for her age. Even to all that, she is a very honest person. She hates disloyalty. Some would say Luna is a natural leader, but asking her to take you in is like asking a cat not to eat a mouse.

History: -

Power:
Weight Touch
Spoiler:
This power makes whatever she touches lighter/heavier. However, she can't exactly control which will happen just yet.

Truthism
Spoiler:
This ability allows Luna to sense lies, though it doesn't really tell her where exactly the lie is.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Rejectionthehedgie's character is accepted. If you're planning on making a history, you can just edit that in, and I'll be sure to read it.

Also, why has everyone started choosing Hound?
Oh, and the image for my character isn't showing up, just right click and select "view image" and that should bring you to the character image.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

RejectiontheHedgie

The Rejected One

Female
Cleveland
Seen November 15th, 2014
45 posts
6.9 Years
Thanks for the acceptance! I don't mind being a outer, if need be. :D
"People are like Slinkys. Annoying, but still puts a smile on your face when you push 'em down the stairs." -Me
X&Y FC: 2251-5636-7280 | IGN: Luna | Safari: Flying | Current Shiny/IV Hunt: ???

RP Profiles
Luna fey | OC/IC
Aslan | OC/IC
Clair Jones | OC/IC

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Thanks for the acceptance! I don't mind being a outer, if need be. :D
Nah, your fine. I just hope everyone realizes that the S.O.T. is the villain here. Maybe your character is in there because they were forced to. But the leaders of the S.O.T. are the bad guys here.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

RejectiontheHedgie

The Rejected One

Female
Cleveland
Seen November 15th, 2014
45 posts
6.9 Years
Ah, in that case I want to be an outer. xD
"People are like Slinkys. Annoying, but still puts a smile on your face when you push 'em down the stairs." -Me
X&Y FC: 2251-5636-7280 | IGN: Luna | Safari: Flying | Current Shiny/IV Hunt: ???

RP Profiles
Luna fey | OC/IC
Aslan | OC/IC
Clair Jones | OC/IC

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Okay then, just, you may want to edit out the whole "hates people who disobey the law" thing.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

Groc

Age 30
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,553 posts
11.1 Years
I wanted to be in the S.O.T. because they were the villains. I figured, start off being a villain, possibly get beaten a couple times, maybe turn Face and help out the heroes with my inside knowledge later.

Or maybe just stay a bad guy, if it's more fun. I could go either way.

EDIT: As I make this character, I really don't want him being a villain. I'm making him an Outer. Well played, Nidoking. I joined the good guys before the thread even started.

And SU is done. Let me know if I missed anything?

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent

Age 33
Male
Marysville, Washington State, United States
Seen March 1st, 2018
Posted March 1st, 2018
9,433 posts
7.4 Years
Before I decide whether to join this RP or not, I have one question about it. What are some of the cities that have a branch of S.O.T.?
Owner of Play Well - The LEGO Fan Club

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Before I decide whether to join this RP or not, I have one question about it. What are some of the cities that have a branch of S.O.T.?
Pretty much every American city in the American continent. Currently, there are no Outcasts in other continents though, presumably because the explosion happened on the American continent.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Hi!! i want to play in your RP, But i have a question. Can we create another side??
That's new.

Um, I really don't know how to answer that. I thought of how to answer pretty much every question but that. I guess you just tell me your idea, and I may add it.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
I was thinking something like this, My character is a Outer.But he wants peace between the both sides, Why??, Because they're all humans at the end. Tired of this he starts to search people with his ideals on both sides, When everything is ready. He fakes his own death and starts to attack both sides
Okay, that's a cool idea. Part of me is saying that that's the same thing as a Hider though.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Lol, Really??, I thinked Hiders just hide and have fear xD
Your probably right. I'll call this new class Striker, if you want to join just go ahead and right your SU.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Okay, nice SU so far, but I noticed that your picture didn't work. For some reason, characters created on Avachara don't show up, which gave me some trouble as well. Don't worry, I know how to fix this.
Step 1: remake your Avachara character.
Step 2: go to www.dumpyourphoto.com. Dump Your Photo is a free image dump site that I used for this.
Step 3: download the Avachara character onto your computer, then upload it to Dump Your Photo.
Step 4: now, for some reason, if you post the image url onto a webpage, it still doesn't show up. This probably also has to do with Avachara being a very glitchy website. All that's left to do at this point is to right click on the image that shows up on Dump Your Photo, and click view image. This will open the image in a tab.
Step 5: copy and paste the url and, if you did it right, this should make the image show up if you put it on the Pokecommunity.
Step 6: Smile.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent

Age 33
Male
Marysville, Washington State, United States
Seen March 1st, 2018
Posted March 1st, 2018
9,433 posts
7.4 Years
Pretty much every American city in the American continent. Currently, there are no Outcasts in other continents though, presumably because the explosion happened on the American continent.
Well that was the answer I was looking for. So I have decided that I will join the RP.
Owner of Play Well - The LEGO Fan Club

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Judge Mandalore Shepard's character is reserved.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan

Age 21
Female
Houston, Texas
Seen August 16th, 2018
Posted February 21st, 2015
1,264 posts
7.3 Years
Pretty much done with this SU. I'll have the history later. Anyway, is it okay if everyone has their own theme song?
Train them please!

Avatar Request OR Banner Request
Previously, Logical Cabbage
RP Participation
Begin Again#Return of the Titans#Pokemon Earth and Sky#Outbreak

タイラー

Stress

Male
Seen December 18th, 2014
Posted November 18th, 2014
313 posts
7.4 Years
I am me, and I approve this message (and this RP) just popped in to say hi. I would join, but it gives me too much of a Fragmented vibe. Hope this rp is successful
Roleplays I am in:
Fire Emblem: The Rift War as Argath Vennon
Fragmented as Zander Hyrall
Fargona: The Land of the Dragons as Leon Saunders
The Demon Pact as Steven McEvens

Groc

Age 30
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,553 posts
11.1 Years
We're getting quite the team, here. Looks to be a fun game, with a ton of interesting powers! Glad to see we all have imagination. Something tells me we'll need to 've creative to effectively use the powers we were given.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party

Male
Seen April 14th, 2015
Posted March 4th, 2015
498 posts
7.4 Years
Yes. Everyone must have a theme song.
Anyway, Logical Cabbage's character is accepted. Edit it some history if you want to.
Also, the RP is pretty much ready to start, all I want is at least one character who's a Hound before the game starts.
Play Pokeheroes!
Play Dnadopts!