• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGPOTW #5: It's dangerous to go alone, take this!

Which main series Legend of Zelda game(s) is/are the best?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • VGPOTW #5: It's dangerous to go alone, take this!

Welcome to Video Game's Poll of the Week! Thanks to the permission of Pokemon General's moderator Brendino, Video Games will now be hosting a weekly series that pits certain video game characters, levels, and universes against other to see which one will come out on top! In last week's Poll of the Week, the Greninja surfed his way to victory over the rest of the competition as the favorite newcomer in the next Super Smash Bros. game.
    Expand on your answers! Tell us why you prefer one video game element over another! Posts that don't elaborate as to why specific elements were chosen will be deleted, and a warning may be given out through an infraction if it's a reoccurring issue.
    If you have a matchup that you would like to see, whether between video game characters or worlds/universes, send me a VM or PM and if your matchup gets chosen then an emblem will be given out as a reward!

Without further ado:

Which main series Legend of Zelda game(s) is/are the best?

Yukari

Not trying to nitpick but... why has this suddenly become Nintendo fest? =D
    Well you know Nintendo is pretty much the poster child of Video Games with classics like Mario, and Zelda, and all those other Highly recognized Video games that pretty much everyone knows about. So there's a lot of room for polls about Nintendo games. Besides; most people have played at least one Nintendo game in their lifetime.

Anyway Ocarina of Time is my biggest pick. It's an absolute classic video game that has aged very well. It pretty much nailed everything when it came out and is still a very fun video game today that still deserves a lot of praise today.

I also voted for A Link to the Past because... Reasons? And The original for it's total Non-Linearity and what was a massive world filled with hidden secrets.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Of all games that I have played thus far from this particular series, I believe Skyward Sword would have to take the cake.

This one gives us ability to fully utilize the functionality of WiiMote, by requiring us to make movements to cause the character to perform certain actions; for example, waving your hand speedily would result in Link slashing with his sword. If you ask me, this is a very fun thing, and lends us chance to actually feel as if we're part of the game itself, and not someone simply viewing occurrences from a screen.

Along with above, I also believe that Skyward Sword's art style is pretty unique. Unlike most other Zelda games, it seems to have much more of a bright and colorful atmosphere, which I just adore. It does have dark, dullness, and other things of the like, but only in places that absolutely need them. Either way, they utilize these things pretty well in this video game, I feel, and it does help getting you into the mood of whatever location you happen to be.

Aside from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, another of my favorites is Ocarina of Time. Loved it when I first tired, and wound up playing from start to finish (storyline-wise) for about four to seven times in total (can't put my finger on the exact number, unfortunately), including my 3DS play-throughs. Next is Majora's Mask, and after that, comes Twilight Princess.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • The Legend of Zelda is such a great series, I can't help myself to not vote for one. Each game has something addicting and fun to do. I pick the Entire series. There is a certain charm to the series that no other game series can hope to obtain. There is always a sense of wonderment and adventure with each installment and I trouble finding flaws in any of them. The 3-D Zeldas were mai streamed for a wider audience, so its perspective changed, while the handheld games stayed more true to the original formula. Each to their own. Although, if this was a poll where I pick one and only, it'd be SS or TP hands down.

Last edited:
    Years
  • As I've said in the past, I've had little to no experience with Nintendo games growing up, so it was a bit difficult for me to make a choice in this poll. In the end, I went with Ocarina of Time, mostly because it was the one I played the most if I ever visited my cousins, and I had fun playing it. I know I've played a Link to the Past as well, but I can't remember enough to know if I actually liked it or not.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I'm a little late to this one, lol.

LTTP and Majora's Mask were two of my favorite childhood games. I loved OoT, too, don't get me wrong -- it's a classic and it deserves all the praise it gets. But I've always preferred MM for its atmosphere and 'story.'

Also had to put in a vote for Twilight Princess. It's not my first pick by any means, but I loved the dark atmosphere. Horror has always been my favorite genre in movies/games, so it would figure that I'd be most drawn to MM and TP. :P

Admittedly, I haven't played many of the others. I played the first, but that was when I was really young and I doubt I got far. I mean what kid would. You need to have a real map. Nintendo Power has to help you get through that one.
    I have Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, but I've never finished them so I don't feel like I should be casting a vote either way, haha.
    And while I did play and finish A Link Between Worlds, but there was something about it that.. I just couldn't really get into it. Maybe I went in expecting too much because it was set in LTTP's world, and I still have this undying love for my early childhood days LTTP.

Back