• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGPOTW #2: Valve Threequels

What Valve game(s) are you most looking forward to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • VGPOTW #2: Valve Threequels

Welcome to Video Game's Poll of the Week! Thanks to the permission of Pokemon General's moderator Brendino, Video Games will now be hosting a weekly series that pits certain video game characters, levels, and universes against other to see which one will come out on top! In last week's Poll of the Week, Luigi rose to the occasion and was declared the favorite out of the Nintendo Italian mascots!
    Expand on your answers! Tell us why you prefer one video game element over another! Posts that don't elaborate as to why specific elements were chosen will be deleted, and a warning may be given out through an infraction if it's a reoccurring issue.
    If you have a matchup that you would like to see, whether between video game characters or worlds/universes, send me a VM or PM and if your matchup gets chosen then an emblem will be given out as a reward!

Without further ado:

Which Valve game(s) are you most anticipating?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I am the ultimate Half-Life series fan. It's one of my all-time favorites and a classic among the rest. I followed closely as development for Half-Life 2: Episode 3 came to an utter halt and news of its release slowly died. The anticipation for more adventures with Gordon and gang is killing me, but I've slowly given up my dreams of seeing it any time soon. I am all but done hoping.

Portal is another favorite series of mine with Portal 2 being in my top three all-time favorite co-op experiences (and Portal 2's single-player story being in my top ten). Expecting this one soon is also a drop in the hat as we have heard barely a whisper as to its existence. It would be a shame to never see more of that wonderful world.

Left 3 Dead, as I like to call it, is another one I am patiently waiting for. Not only were Left 4 Dead and L4D2 some of my favorite memories of gaming with the community here on PC, but they had fantastically crafted worlds and characters. It would be a crime to not see a third one, especially with how well they expanded the concept from 1 to 2.

Team Fortress 3 is the least likely one we will ever see. TF2 is still alive and well and selling oodles of cash from hats and crates. I loved TF2 though, still do, so I know whenever TF3 arrives, it will be magical.

If I had to choose one, it has to be Half-Life 3. I am desperate for that series to continue and it will be a day-one buy & beat for me.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • To be honest, I'm anticipating that Half Life 3 and Portal 3 will be a cross-over. They're set in the same world, Black Mesa is referenced a number of times in Portal, and you get to hear a little snippet of a Combine (I believe) at the beginning of Portal 2. Chell did just escape from Aperture Laboratories, finally, into a brand new world that she's never really seen. I'm not sure how they would go about gameplay, but it would certainly be interesting.

Portal is one of my absolute favorite games. The puzzles are fun, the environments intriguing, and the characters absolutely amazing. The story is also pretty intense, in its own way.

I've never really played Half-Life, so I can't really say much about it on its own. Neither have I really played Team Fortress, though I hear a lot about it.

Left 4 Dead is certainly a fun game to play, and I've always enjoyed it. I would like for a third one to surface, but I'm not exactly bursting from the wait.

For the sake of the poll, I'm just going to vote for Portal, since I don't really care either way if Half-Life or Team Fortress continue, and I'm not dying for Left 4 Dead 3.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Because I have never played any of the games aside from Portal (all I did was watch my brother play), then my vote goes to Portal.

Reasons... the story was interesting, the puzzles are interesting, and I want to know more about the world of Portal more than anything. What will Chell do now that she has tasted fresh air? Will GLaDOS stick with her robots or will she go grab another human to test?

Don't forget about "The cake is a lie" chant scribbled all around the facility.

Years
  • I've never been all that big on Valve's games actually, and the only one that I've spent any significant time playing was Portal 2, so I guess seeing a Portal 3 would be kind of cool. Like Nakuzami brought up though, it might be interesting to see where they go forward with the Portal series (if they do at all), especially after the way the 2nd game ended. I crossover with Half-Life 3 could be an interesting game, though I don't know if I'd go out of my way to play it.

Years
  • Portal 3 is the easy choice for me. The first Portal game was so interesting and unique that it captivated me instantly and the second game, while not as good as the first imo, was a great edition to the series. I don't think I have played a more entertaining and amusing puzzle game, as a lot of puzzle based games I have played have felt forced at times and not as seamless as Portal.

TF3 wouldn't really interest me that much. While the game play is fun, I have grown a bit bored of the game itself and it would have to take something pretty special to grab my attention again.

L4D3 would have to be the same as TF3 in its special ways. I LOVED L4D and played the hell out of it, but when the second one was released and I played it, it just didn't feel right for me. Something was off and I couldn't put my finger on it. I would play L4D3 and see what it would be like, but I have that horrible feeling it would suffer the same fate as the second.

HL3 confirmed, right? This would come in second on my 'to play list' out of these four. Why? Because, come on, it's Half Life.​

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Much like Nakuzami said, I'm not dying waiting for any of these, really. But L4D3 looks promising and I liked both of the previous games - 2 actually more than 1. So for lack of interest in the other options, I've cast my vote on L4D3.

L4D 1 and 2 were great on the 360 because they offered local co-op fun with friends and family for quite awhile. Finding a local co-op game that my father can play and also enjoys is incredibly difficult. But we had fun with L4D. And 2 was especially great because my best friend is terrified of clowns and I'm a massive *******.
    VGPOTW #2: Valve Threequels

I've never actually played the Portal games (though I am considering now that I have access to them through Boyfriend's steam account).
    Half-Life is not the biggest deal ever to me (I just couldn't get into it when I initially played, but again, I've been sorta reconsidering because Boyfriend has it).
    And TF just never interested me at all because multiplayer.

Years
  • I've never played any of the Half-Life games, although I've been thinking of getting them on Steam recently. I'm generally not the biggest fan of first person shooters, but I've heard too much about this series to ignore it.

I've only played Left 4 Dead 2, and I thought it was sooo cool. The multiplayer was really fun. Probably my favorite zombie game, so I would be happy if they made L4D3. It's not really a top priority for me, though.

Portal is my favorite out of all of these. The levels are are designed very well, and the humor is my favorite out of any video game. GLaDOS seriously makes the game for me. I definitely want a Portal 3.

Team Fortress 2 was fun for a while. I love how they gave each class character their own unique personality. The gameplay is really neat for a FPS, and the game has nice size of items/weapons. Also, hats. I really wouldn't care too much about TF3, however.

Years
  • Portal 3. I LOVE the Portal games. I love the atomsphere, i love the idea, i love GlaDOS. Portal 2 was REALLY fun and i really want to see what they do with Portal 3(doubt it will ever come though but i can hope).

Yukari

Portal 3 because... It's portal. It's an amazing game, and needs a squeal. I mean I don't actually explain why. It's obligatory.

Team Fortress 3 because TF2 had a lot of personality for an FPS, and I'd like to see a sequel. That's something that really set it apart from games like CoD. But unlike portal it doesn't necessarily need a sequel. It really can stand on it's own for a long time because it has a large community and no story.

I would probably vote for Half-Life 3, but I've never played 1 or 2 and honestly I doubt that I will before 3 comes out.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Portal 3, and then Team Fortress 3.

Portal 3 because... It's [removed] portal. It's an amazing game, and needs a squeal. I mean I don't actually explain why. It's obligatory.

Team Fortress 3 because TF2 had a lot of personality for an FPS, and I'd like to see a sequel. That's something that really set it apart from games like CoD. But unlike portal it doesn't necessarily need a sequel. It really can stand on it's own for a long time because it has a large community and no story.

I would probably vote for Half-Life 3, but I've never played 1 or 2 and honestly I doubt that I will before 3 comes out.

Hey Orpheus, be careful with your language on the forums. What you wrote is considered censor bypassing, so try to make sure you watch what you're writing and follow the forum rules. If you have any questions, feel free to PM or VM me. Don't reply in this thread. Thank you!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Gotta be Left 4 Dead. I've never played another series that was so good for co-op. I've clocked SO MANY hours of it with my friends and I still go back to play from time to time and have fun. I love the subtle storytelling in it that you can either take your time through a level to figure out on your own or just run through and ignore. It accommodates nearly every single play style, especially in the progression from L4D to L4D2 and it would be interesting to see how they improve it in another sequel.

My second choice would be Portal 3, because I really enjoy the series, but it just doesn't have the same replayability that L4D does. I've played about half of the Half-Life series (I think I just have Ep 1 and Ep 2 of HL2 to go) and it's... okay? But it's never gripped me or anything. I really don't care about it at all. I've tried TF2 but again, it's just not really my thing. I don't like competitive games and I prefer playing with smaller groups of people if I have to play multiplayer at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back