• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will someday the performance be fixed?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • Hi Guys.
    I want to ask if the Game's Performance will be fixed someday, since even on epic computers with High Specs the game still suffers FPS Drops and stuff...
    I got a FPS Drop like 4 or 5 seconds of walking, for example.. and i just tried GIF Sprites and also after 4-5 seconds they kinda frozes for a sec and they start the animation again.
    Is kinda annoying not be able to play it smoothly...

Cya~

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • From what I understand, RMXP doesn't support GIF that well. Best to use PNG.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • From what I understand, RMXP doesn't support GIF that well. Best to use PNG.

The problem aren't the GIFs, the problem is the performance with or without them.
    It's impossible that i can't run totally smoothly a game with GBA Graphics like Pokemon Zeta/Omicron ..

Cya~

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • The problem aren't the GIFs, the problem is the performance with or without them.
    It's impossible that i can't run totally smoothly a game with GBA Graphics like Pokemon Zeta/Omicron ..

Cya~

Pokemon Zeta , also use the same tho nothing is changed . All they do is compress the DataFolder in there games.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Pokemon Zeta , also use the same tho nothing is changed . All they do is compress the DataFolder in there games.

But i'm not talking about their compress methods.. i'm talking about the PERFORMANCE of THOSE GAMES, created with RPG MAKER XP + POKEMON ESSENTIALS .......
    And you don't need to limit there, every single game i tried it just ran with the same performance..

Cya~

Years
  • Something like this might help you. You'll have to play with it a bit to make it work with Essentials. It can make your movements seem more lag-free and fluid, but it slows response time and movement down a small bit with higher quality.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My game Read me.txt said:
    P: The game is too slow on Windows 8/8.1!
    R: This happens due to a problem with DirectDraw component. If you use a dedicated graphics card, try to run the game with your card disabled. If your card is NVIDIA, right click on the executable file icon with island icon, select Run with Graphic Processor and Integrated graphics.
    More info

Something like this might help you. You'll have to play with it a bit to make it work with Essentials. It can make your movements seem more lag-free and fluid, but it slows response time and movement down a small bit with higher quality.
    1. Raizen script is for RPG Maker VX Ace! This won't works!
    2. Essentials differs greatly for RPG Maker XP map scripts. He use connections and other similar stuff, including a way of manually drawing the tilesets. Even a RPG Maker XP anti-lag won't work on Essentials.
    3. Essentials already is written in a optimized way, events won't update and do certain things when they are offscreen. So an anti-lag isn't necessary.

Tricko

Developing Pokémon Dark Leaf
    Years
  • Lets wait and See..

Still Pokemon Essentials kit is under development..Day by day its getting smoother and perfect..There is many things to complete in Pokemon essentials.. I sense in the near future Pokemon essentials would be awesome !! Maruno and many programmers are working very hard on this...

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I want to bring this back from dead because of this:
    khkramer said:
    I'm using MKXP for my own game which allows loading scripts from a folder by default via the config file, however there are still a few incompatibilities with Essentials I'll have to fix before I consider releasing my compatibility 'layer' (a few scripts which would make Essentials work with MKXP) to the public.

For those who don't know what MKXP is, it's basically an open-source high-performance alternative to the RMXP/RPGVX(A) player which works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
    Source.

Anyone knows more about this? I did a single test with Pokemon Uranium, just because it was the first game I could think of that I wanted to play and was created with RPG Maker XP, but I've got this error, unfortunately.

EDIT: Same thing with Pokemon Zeta, unfortunately.

Last edited:
    Years
  • "however there are still a few incompatibilities with Essentials I'll have to fix before I consider releasing my compatibility 'layer' "

I feel certain the incompatiblities he mentioned are the ones you're encountering. He's probably the closest one to fixing all of them, so why not wait until the public release?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • "however there are still a few incompatibilities with Essentials I'll have to fix before I consider releasing my compatibility 'layer' "

I feel certain the incompatiblities he mentioned are the ones you're encountering. He's probably the closest one to fixing all of them, so why not wait until the public release?

In 2 days it'll be 5 months since his last connection so instead of just waiting, decided to come here and ask if anyone did some tests, black magic, and such.

EDIT: He certainly looks like the closest person on fixing dem issues tho. The main problem is Essentials' use of Win32API for whatever reason. If that ever gets changed, fixed, or whatever, things like MKXP`Compatibility and Android Ports wouldn't be mere fantasies anymore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    Hey I'm sorry for only responding now after 5 months.
    I actually fixed most of the Win32API issues (only a few problems with keyboard text input).
    In fact if you're still interested I could share the replacement for the Win32Api script with you.
    I'm also still hoping to do a public release someday however I'm afraid I just won't have the time to offer support to people who might run into any potential issues using MKXP with essentials.
    Most issues stem from changes in the Ruby language btw, RGSS 1 is based on Ruby 1.8.1 ( which is ancient ) and MKXP is built against ruby version 2.1+

Last edited:
    Back