• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WPCNN Headquarters⌠art contest - post #39⌡

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

• wpcnnlogo_zpso4oktheo.png

World of PokéCommunity News Network

Introduction
    Welcome to the WPCNN Headquarters! I am Editor-in-Chief Mihira, and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our organization. We are a union of journalists from around the world, dedicated to bringing to light all the happenings of our nations. To achieve our goals of sharing the people's opinions, we ask each region to assign a representative of the people to write about happenings in their nation. Representatives can be anyone- farmers, Gym Leaders, trainers- and they are allowed to write however they choose about whatever topics they feel the public are interested in.​
    WPCNN Operation
    There are really only three roles at WPCNN- Editor, WPCNN Reporter, and Correspondent. Editors have the highest level of power in the organization. They review the work of Correspondents and Reporters and offer pointers and assistance when needed. Editors are the only people who can print official corrections to the news. They can not be hired and must be promoted from the position of WPCNN Reporter. The Editor-in-Chief is the highest power that can be appealed to at WPCNN and supervises all promotions and appointments.

WPCNN Reporters are affiliated only to WPCNN- no regions, celebrities, or political figures. They are not politically or culturally biased in their reports and treat everyone with the same respect. They often travel the world looking for the most interesting news and cultural pieces, though what constitutes "interesting" is highly variable between reporters.

Correspondents are writers for WPCNN who are openly affiliated with and represent a particular region. They tend to interview political figures from their own regions and report on general happenings within their range of experience. They are often news agents in their home regions, but can be anyone who has interest in representing their region. (They should not be reporting on anything that it wouldn't be reasonable for them to know!)

Reporters and Correspondents are welcome to post articles of any length, about any subject, in any style they so choose. Gossip articles, conspiracy theories, interviews, anything. We would like WPCNN Reporters to sign their content using the format "[Title and/or Name], WPCNN" and Correspondents to use the format "[Title and/or Name], [Region] Correspondent. (CSS is cool but not necessary at all; if you are using CSS please make it super readable!)

Citizens of any region are now invited to send in letters to the Editor! Click here for more detail.​
    Applications
    Are you interested in joining the WPCNN? We'd love to have you on board! Our current open positions are limited, but more will likely become available as we grow.

We are looking for one more Reporter as well as one Correspondent per region. Positions are first come, first serve. We prefer not to have government officials representing their region.
    (Reporter characters are created in this thread. Correspondent characters must have been established in a region prior to joining the WPCNN; please link to your initial region signup along with your signup for WPCNN.)​
    WPCNN Members
    Editors
    Editor-in-Chief Mihira (Anna)

WPCNN Reporters
    Reporter Viveka (Anna)
    Reporter Ailla (yaycomma)
    Reporter Damos Eolas (Deceptio)
    Reporter Vanessa Carrera (Ice Goddess)
    Reporter Roz Raptis (Rozureido)

Correspondents
    Auria: Mei (「sarcasm)
    Heiwa: Mr. Garnet (Lost Heart)
    Tervari: Magistelle (Magistrum)
    Sanctuare: Jessica Ballard (Bacteriophage)
    Theseus: Terrence Hawthorne (gio7sm)

"So we've got an aesthetic blogger who doesn't fact check, a woman whose dress has more personality than she does, a xenophobic ass, and a creator of sensationalist news."
    -- WPCNN Summary

Last edited:

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
    Years
  • I'll be signing up as a reporter!

Name: Ailla
    Position: Reporter
    Pokémon:
    601MS.png
    549MS.png
    663MS.png

Additional Information: She's the younger sister of Heiwaian Gym Leader Brina. While Brina's travels through Unova instilled in her a passion for battling, Ailla took more of an interest in the news. As she heard her sister was moving to Heiwa, she decided to keep close by and applied for a job at the WPCNN. While she holds no bias towards any of the local regions, she always has a special place in her heart for Unova.

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Name: Damos Eolas

Role: Reporter

Pokémon: Two Sneasel

Additional information and backstory: Adding very soon.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Name: Mr. Garnet
    Role: Journalist for Heiwa

The owner of the Heiwa Herald (Heiwa's regional news), he also writes stories for the world news network. More details later...

Etherion

Position: Reporter for Theseus
    Pokemon: Swoobat and Scizor (Draculove when fused)
    cKSgROH.gif

Additional Information: He is son of editor in chief of the Theseus Tribune - bringing news across the islands!

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • mihira_and_viveka_by_eternallyanna-d969o4d.jpg

Mihira & Viveka

Editor-in-Chief Mihira founded WPCNN after bringing a multitude of news corporations to success. She is popular with the upper classes of many regions, despite habitually printing all the stupid things they say at conferences and parties. Despite schmoozing with the elite, she is firmly rooted in her working-class background. Her parents, never very rich, cut off support and contact with Mihira when she got pregnant out of wedlock. The father left shortly after the birth of Viveka, so Mihira balanced a fruitful and challenging career with raising her only child on her own.

Due to her upbringing, Viveka is very pragmatic, intelligent, strong-willed, and independent. She has loads of respect for her mother and takes inspiration from her while still following her own path. She became a Reporter not through her mother's favor but through her own merits; working her way up from a simple intern to one of WPCNN's top members. She does much more field work than her mother does now.

Mihira is now fifty-one years old and spends most of her time working on her news empire and schmoozing with society's elite. She has a Solrock and a Flygon.

Viveka is thirty-three and actively travelling the world. She bounces from region to region like it's nothing, usually hanging out with people who will generously put her up for next to nothing- she knows the importance of money. Her partners are Togekiss and Joltik.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Accusations Fly

Tensions were high during this morning's world conference as Oceian leaders questioned the deaths of their Pokémon given as a goodwill gift to Sanctuare.

The toxins of Sanctuare have recently been cleared by intense events involving Dúlra and what is said to be a guardian of the land. During the events, Oceian Pokémon living in Sanctuare were killed and injured, prompting a return of the remaining Pokémon to Oceia as an apology. Oceian officials made it clear that they are very concerned about trading with Sanctuare after these events, but Sanctuare claims the tragedy was the fault of Dúlra. Dúlra in turn says they protected as much life in Santuare as was possible, and that the Oceian Pokémon's lives were sacrificed and endangered by the now defunct group AF-Large.

While no true conclusion was established, it is clear that relations are strained between the three nations.

- Reporter Viveka, WPCNN​

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Rumblings of a Rivalry

The recent Dúlra-Sanctuare conflict has apparently caused a global shift in regions' attitudes towards their neighbors. Rumors of war are now circulating among the upper echelons of our society. Representatives of Ceriah, Heiwa, and Theseus were heard discussing the possibility and relative consequences of war against the region of Nendios. While the discussion was broken off before the leaders delved very far into the idea, the seeds of discontent may well have been planted. Hopefully this will not have a negative effect on the upcoming Moon Festival, hosted for the world by the Yōko region.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Allaince for "Progress"

Finalized earlier today, Heiwa has now entered into an alliance with the region of Ceriah. And this journalist wonders why? Heiwaians have always valued the traditional values of the Pokémon world, and Ceriah has certainly not been silent in its "progressive" belief that Pokémon deserve the same rights as humans. As if Pokémon were of the same stock as humans. Heiwaians certainly respect the bond between human and Pokémon, make no mistake, but Pokémon are viewed with the fondness one might associate with a pet (as many Heiwaians do keep Pokémon as pets instead of battlers). But to suggest that Pokémon be treated as if they were human? What nonsense.

This begs the question of why Lady Emmeline, our Champion and long-time supporter of Heiwaian culture, has suddenly agreed to such an alliance? And what does this mean for Heiwa?

- Heiwaian Journalist Garnet, WPCNN​

Etherion

Good day WPCNN, this is Terrence Hawthorne reporting to you live from Aedon in the Theseus Region!

After an earlier gathering of the Theseus Council members because of alleged rumors of the ever-growing Theseus Region waging war against the Nendios region. The council has spoken, and their comments about the rumors are - "The Theseus Region, for now, is disclosing the idea of armed conflict towards the Nendios Region. We are focusing now on developing Theseus' relationship with other countries." says one council member. And there we have it folks! The Theseus Council is temporarily shutting down the idea of waging war against Nendios, the two region's relationship will stay the same - neutral. Also, the Theseus Council would like to give a heart-felt remorse to the death of Mr. Large of the Sanctuare Region, may the region continue to recover! May Arceus bless them all!

On an unrelated news, Elite 4 Member Bran has returned from his training over seas!

- Theseusian Journalist Terrence Hawthorne, WPCNN​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Shady Dealings

Hushed whispers around the world have revealed the outline of a mysterious global organization. An increasing number of people every day are joining what is only known as "the Underground", from trainers to Gym Leaders to members of the Elites! It is unclear what this organization truly is, but its long shadow is continuously growing to encompass our little world. Stay safe, citizens- whether your choose to become involved with this or not.

Last edited:

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
    Years
  • Why War?

With the aftermath of the Dúlra-Sanctuare conflict still hanging over us, I feel the need to ask an important question - why war?

In my home region of Unova, such things would never be talked about, then again everyone would be too busy with their day-to-day activities. The very idea, to me at least, is abhorrent. I would like to think that every region would rather develop their economies and work together, though I do not speak for anyone but myself. I applaud progressive alliances, which we must certainly see more of in future.

Another thing, though unrelated (or is it?), I am concerned about this supposed global organization "the Underground". What does it stand for? Why are people joining it? What are its intentions? I would want everyone to remain peaceful in dangerous times.

- Reporter Ailla, WPCNN​

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
    Years

• THE AILLA REPORT

HEADLINES

Is Heiwa Really Good?

Recently, the Heiwa region is seeming to brag about its capability to invade and take over neighboring regions. Could it be that this Economic superpower wants more? The region is already bustling, but questions rise as to if such bragging has truth to it. What if the region does invade? What does it mean for the people of other regions?

Readers may have noticed the seemingly negative approach to the idea of the progressive belief of Equal Rights for Pokémon by Heiwa's reporter, Mr. Garnet. Could this be what the region thinks en-masse? Needless to say all eyes will be on Heiwa in the coming days.

- Reporter Ailla, WPCNN​

FASHION

Jessica's Dress - for Real?

Lately, a certain article of clothing has piqued my interest - the dress that Sanctuare Journalist Jessica Ballard seems to be wearing day in, day out! Its sickly green colour combined with the most corny of yellows make it one of, if not the tackiest dress I have ever laid my eyes on. However, something about it has me fixated. Could it be, that through all its tackiness, it is so tacky that it isn't? Maybe it just looks good on one person and bad on the next, who knows? The real question for now is if Jessica has anything else to wear...

- Reporter Ailla, WPCNN​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • The Long Arm of Dúlra

World Conference discussions continue to be dominated by the Dúlran official, who oft reminds participants that the Conference is technically under the jurisdiction of Dúlra, Yōko, and Hendo. The representative made it clear that he had the ability to remove Heiwaian officials from the Conference, but claimed he would never do such a thing, as he was too kind. He subsequently attempted to coerce the representative of Sanctuare into vouching for his kindness, but most other officials noted the whispered threat of invasion if Sanctuare said otherwise.

The two representatives then began a bout of petty bickering about which regional terrifying Pokémon could take out the other. Somewhere along the line, it was revealed that Lady Marina of Sanctuare is furious at Dúlra, to which Dúlra replied, "We should have let the rubble crush her people, Pokémon and general populace in that case." Sanctuare claimed Dúlra was responsible for significant damages and death in any case, and the argument continued.

While the Dúlran representative continued to press his military might and intimidate the participants of the Conference, a gaggle of cheerfully chatty Heiwaians wandered into the conference room and claimed the floor for themselves. Their arrogance in this action was not lost on the representatives of other regions, and muttered rumors of Heiwa's impending takeover have begun brewing. WPCNN members will continue to report on World Conference events as they occur.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • The Truth About Dúlra? An Inside Scoop

Damos Eolas: Hello there loyal news readers, I'm reporter Damos Eolas and today I'm here with an excellent opportunity! Many regions and sources... including to my shame, my own network... has been purposefully taking many words and actions from the region of Dúlra out of context! Everybody around has been all to ready to put blame on this region without even getting their side of the story!

Well this reporter has had enough, thus to solve the problem we have an interview with not just any Dúlran... but the general whom lead the attack on Sanctuare, lent to us here at our headquarters by the Dúran Champion himself, Mr. Tíomaint ladies and gents.

Tíomaint of Dúlra: Ahaha... eh... thank you Damos, this is ehm, my first time doing anything like this. So go easy on me, yeah? Haha! Been a while since I was the rookie in a room.

DE: Here that folks? His first time. Isn't that sweet... now General Tíomaint-

T: Ehm... please, Theo, Theo is just fine.

DE: Oh! Well whatever you say... Theo! Let's jump into the thick of it then, Theo, with the questions that are on everybody's minds, questions revolving around the war.

T: To be honest with you Damos, I wouldn't really call it a war. It was but a single battle.

DE: Ah, seems already a misconception comes up! Well in that case Theo, what made Dúlra decide that this battle was necessary? What prompted invasion.

T: Now you see, this is immediately the point of contention. Folks are out there banging on about how we were quick to jump to violence... but in truth since the beginning, since our first discovery of Sanctuare, we have been watching them. Their treatment of pokémon, people and the environment in the past was horrible, disgraceful even. We held back however, political relations with other regions were fresh and new for all of us but a short time ago... and we didn't want to spark any fires.

DE: I see, I see... that's fair. I think we can all agree that what Sanctuare was allowed to get away with was horrendous. Pollutants do not stay in one place and after a while water type pokémon everywhere may have gotten sick. Regardless, what changed your mind? What drove you to strike out?

T: AF Large blew up, the region was weakened and floundering and those watching the region informed us that they had some sort of machine, a computer designed to imitate pokémon... using a powerful living pokémon as its energy source. It was almost complete until whatever stopped it stopped it. That sort of power could have threatened innocents, it could have threatened Dúlra, her allies and the World. We were not giving Sanctuare's scientists a chance to be rebuilt that... that... abomination. We wouldn't let them have that chance.

Now trust me... I see that Lady marina on your articles. I know she'd like you to believe that she could've settled things peacefully. But look at it this way... AF Large was one man, he alone didn't make an army and neither did his facility. What? Were we expected to believe that one building and one man out of the picture was enough for her forces to rise up? Did she honestly think that that's all that would have happened?

DE: Please, continue. What do you mean by that?

T: Those scientist lunatics tried to bury their entire city in rubble, they used mechanisms supposed to be defenses against us, against their own people! I'll tell you and your network now Damos, if we hadn't of been there a civil war would be waging in Sanctuare at this very moment.

DE: Sanctuare is now claiming that your actions lead to the death of many aristocrats in their region. Can you elaborate on this?

T: Here's a wake up call for all of you peace loving regions out there who don't know the first thing about this business. War is hard. People and pokémon WILL die... we Dúlrans pride ourselves on our preservation of life. Our ability to protect the innocent. We could have easily killed every pokémon and Human Sanctuare sent at us but did we? No. We did not. We evacuated civilians, we non-lethally incapacitated resistance and we almost severely injured ourselves by protecting those people whom now call us violent killers!

DE: You risked yourselves to protect them?! Breaking news folks on this end of the story, Theo could you elaborate a bit more please?

T: Gladly Damos. Now you see, using aura in a great capacity as we Aura enhanced pokémon and Aura guardians of Dúlra can do... it takes a massive strain on our bodies if overused. Yet when that rubble fell... I as well as all of the pokémon and humans present raised our hands skyward... sacrificed our own mental state and almost seriously damaged ourselves in protecting those hypocrite fools!

The pokémon protecting those Sanctuarians were the same ones whom had been fighting mere moments before! They were strained, tired, injured and broken and still! Still they sacrificed themselves! Still they gave everything to save the people of Sanctuare from rubble that fell from the skies above them! Rubble dropped by AF-Large on their OWN PEOPLE! Some of those Bisharp were so injured that they didn't survive the Auric Manipulation. Do you ingrates get it yet? Good, honest pokémon died for you! What do you do to repay them?! YOU SLANDER THEM! You drag their name through the muck and dirt... you call them killers! You're sick! All of you!

Yes our representative in the World council said that we should have let the rubble fall... and yes he was out of line but Arceus damn it he had reason to be! Pokémon he knew, pokémon he cared about died protecting them and that sort of attitude is the repayment? It sickens me Damos, it's disgusting. It baffles me, BAFFLES me, that Lady Marina would dare claim she could've done without us when we are the reason that she and her people are still alive. Our sacrifice, our LOSS! Those were the wings that carried her people to safety... and I don't care for her "what ifs" and hindsight.

DE: Tensions are high here folks... Theo, I can tell you are quite emotional about this topic. Would you rather we take a short break?

T:No... no... I'm fine, let's get this done.

DE:Now the next question on the agenda is this... people have been asking if Dúlra has other invasion plans? People want to know if they are safe?

T: It's the same story as before. We do NOT take war and violence lightly. We engage in attack if it is necessary and it is only necessary when we need to protect the balance not just of Dúlra, but of the World. No pther regions pose a threat to that, in fact most all of them are held high in regard and we offer our friendship to them all should they seek it.

EVEN Sanctuare, though I would like to state on the record, that the friendship offered to them is on behalf of the CHAMPION and the region as a whole... it is not mine personally.

DE: People have been asking about Dúlra's relationship to Heiwa. Thoughts?

T: Heiwa is one of the longest standing allies of Dúlra. I don't see how that is even in doubt. If Heiwa needs the support of Dúlra it is provided, we will jump to their aide should they request it.Our ambassador, one Mr. Dwayne, has been living their happily for a little bit now and continues to keep relations with the region strong.

DE: Alright final question and... oh my, how did this get in here?

T: Huh?

DE: A few of our readers seem to be rather enraptured with you General... because one of the most requested questions on the pole is this... tell me Theo, are you single right now?

T: W-What?! Why the Hell would anyone wanna know that?!

DE: Clearly a handsome young general like yourself is causing quite a stir.

T: I'm not... I mean no I don't have any... Gah! This is irrelevant, enough, we're done here damnit!... And where the Hell is Viesna in this place anyway?! I take the girl along for one Arceus damned field trip and she....

*Muffled sounds of falling microphones.*​

DE: Ahem, and with that we conclude our special report. Dúlra? Are they really as bad as the World is trying to make them seem? This reporter thinks not. Make sure to stay tuned and looking out for future reports folks.

- Reporter Damos Eolas, WPCNN​

Last edited:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Saddening Incident With Advertisement

It's been a while! Auria's recovering well from the Pokemon Invasion! The results were horrible, but thankfully, everything subsided and we're all okay! ...Well, not really that okay, but we're healing! As to the outcome of the incident, we have examples such as Aracea Town - one of the towns that were heavily damaged! There's a lot of wild Pokemon there and as expected, they've gotten loco and caused much havoc!

It's not only Aracea Town, but also Borealla City! The biggest city was affected badly! You can take a guess as to the gist of what happened to the other cities and other places - it was just as bad! The boats were in the same boat. (Regarding the incident, I mean. Boats can't fit in a boat, you know)

There were many injured, both humans and Pokemon. It was really sad and still is when recalled upon. That was then and this is now, we're still alive today so everything will be a-ok! Except for traumatic experiences but you don't need to concern over that! They're healing mentally! I think!

Enough of that sad news, let's skip straight to water bottles. Auria has a large selling of Mirrorspring Glacier Water! They're clean, delicious to those who like drinking water! (I don't even think water has a taste but whatever suits your tongue!) But also delicious to those who don't drink water! It will make your body clean! It'll flush out your whole system! You can also collect some bottles and pour them in a tub to bathe! This Mirrorspring Glacier Water is a recommended drink to all! Buy one now!

- (Sulking) Aurian Journalist Mei, WPCNN
    edited by Aurian Elite Four Angelica

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Sunshine & Gossip

Hello and welcome to the much-anticipated celebrity news column! We'll be featuring interviews with all kind of people with elite status as well as the latest news from their obviously incredibly interesting personal lives! Let's get right to it, shall we?

Military Matters
    It seems like the Dúlran military might be a prime place to be to enhance your love life! We had a few members here the other day- General Tíomaint himself and his little friend, an Aura Guardian by the name of Viesna. While Tíomaint was busy with his special interview, a few of my... associates... and I had the pleasure of speaking to young Viesna! She seemed very keen on Theo, but far too shy to express herself. He was quick to her rescue when she became uncomfortable with social interaction, so maybe he's rather invested in his soldier? They'd do well together, but Theo is still very much single at the moment. Everyone get some fun in while you can~

Distracting Dresses
    Our own Reporter Ailla has recently become infatuated with the... interesting... signature dress of Jessica Ballard. I can't say I see the appeal, but maybe there is something I am missing? Perhaps Ailla has more motivation to get the dress off of Jessica than I am aware of.

Jealous Journalist
    Mr Garnet of Heiwa has recently begun publishing some unfavourable opinions about the Cerian culture. Could it be that he is actually jealous of the freedom in said region? Ceriah is known for it's very progressive stance on Pokémon rights, and is even promoting the idea of interspecies relationships. Perhaps Mr Garnet actually has something he'd like to tell one of his Pidgey employees...?

Court Canoodling
    While the Yōko region is gaining traction in international relations, members of its court seem to be working on their interpersonal relations. Economic Advisor Shi Bao and Head Inquisitor Xiu Níng are rarely seen apart from one another. It is a mystery how the shy and nervous Shi Bao is compatible with the strong and sexy Xiu Níng, but it looks like they're making it work!

That's all for today's hot celebrity news! Tune in next time~

- Editor Mihira, WPCNN​

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Dúlran Diplomacy

Ever since the Sanctuare Incident, Dúlran international policy has been under fire and often misunderstood by the general public. Today I set up an exclusive interview with Champion Durahan to better clarify Dúlra's political position. Read on, everyone!

Mihira: As Dúlra has come to the front of the international stage as of late, many find themselves wondering how exactly Dúlra chooses its allies.

Durahan: It depends on the region of course. We only make allies with those whom can work well with our ideals and the balance of the World. Like all places, the regions we are allied with appeal to us for specific factors and are rejected for others.

M: Hmm. It interests me how that criteria applies to the various regions you're allied to. Care to elaborate on how your alliances came to be?

D: Well let me see here... our first official ally was Oceia. We were also the first allied regions to be official... and we were the ones who introduced the ambassador system.

M: So you were the ones who shaped the political system of our world. Which country reached out first?

D: I believe we had discussions and it was a mutual agreement. Oceia appealed to Dúlra due to their ability to co-exist with the wild and unique species that existed in their lands. We found their ability to strive in a harsher environment to be admirable... as well as it serving as a wonderful sign showing how humans can exist in a wilder location without upsetting the natural balance of such a place.
    Haeven reached out to us as well with desire to create an alliance... We sent a few letters back and forth but, alas, a true alliance never took off. Not for any other reason besides a joint lack of interest I suppose. We did not offer much to one another... the amount of evil teams threatening and fighting one another based on species was also a poor fit for balance.

M: That's reasonable. It seems like a much more volatile region that Dúlra.

D: Indeed. I believe, if memory serves, that it was this time we exchanged ambassadors with Thessali and we received an ambassador from the still ambiguous Hoogland region. The ambassador from the latter is a native of such, but has lived in Dúlra since a younger age. She serves as the grass type leader of Rinne city and takes part often in the Seasonal Sky Festival. Both her home and Thessali are not harmful to the balance, however an apparent advocate factor of such is not exactly present. The alliance is formed mostly due to mutual political element... with Hoogland finding a pleasant and convenient alliance in our gym leader and Thessali joining as an ally due to their own presumed relation to Hoogland.

M: So the mysterious Hoogland is a strange diplomatic strength. Hopefully we can learn more about them soon. So those two are simply allied due to mutual goodwill rather than anything offered?

D: It's a sign of good faith yes, between we of Dúlra and neighbours further away.

D: Following our relations on that front, I believe this is where relations with Heiwa started. The balance between land, sea and civilization present in the islands of Heiwa appealed to us greatly. They treat their Pokémon well despite their use of the patented PokéBall. Importantly as well, they do not entertain the concept of war and firmly advocate themselves as a peaceful nation. Dúlra is in full agreement with these policies, even if we feel the peace they take leaves them vulnerable to those whom would target them.

D: However in terms of economic strength they rank higher than we do due to Dúlra being mostly self sufficient. The current consensus is that while also sharing ideals, Dúlra and Heiwa compliment each others weaknesses. Heiwa can use its economic strength in order to help with certain exports and imports to the Dúlra region... and being so closely allied with us, Heiwa benefits from the status of having the beck and call of our armies and military should they ever be in enough danger to request it.

M: Would it be fair to say that Heiwa is Dúlra's closest and most valuable ally?

D: While we value our allies very dearly on all fronts, at present I would say that our relationship is the most tightly bound with Heiwa at present, yes. Current diplomatic relations with Theseus and Auria involving ambassador placements are ongoing. And soon we hope to foster strong bonds with both locations... the details of the reasoning for said, would be best revealed at a more final time.

M: That's fair. Some motivations are best revealed later in the game. So your alliances are completely based in cultural compatibility, it seems, with military and cultural benefits taking the backseat, correct?

D: That would be the basis of it yes, the first test we take is the test of cultural compatibility, it is the basis of our political relationships and from there onwards we make our decisions.

M: Interesting. Many nations choose to focus on military or economic benefits before the cultural factor. Since you do the opposite, it does beg the question- how do you consider allies of allies?

D: We bear no hostility towards them, unless they do something so horrendous that we are forced to take action. A direct attack to our allies, ourselves, or to the balance between nature, Pokémon and humans within the very world. They are like any other non-allied region: neutral until proven hostile.

M: So say an ally's ally entered a conflict, and your ally chose to back them up. Would Dulra choose to remain neutral in this case?

D: Depends on the nature of the conflict. We choose everything on a case by case basis. Say the ally's ally chose to threaten World balance, and our ally sided with that ideal- we would rise up against them both. No one man may choose the nature of this entire World. We are not masters of any fate but our own... and as such should there be those whom try to control the fates of others, we shall stop them to ensure the balance of all is maintained. Should our allies ally simply be having a political squabble then we will generally remain neutral. Even if our ally decides to support this, we will not support a supporter unless our allies fall into extreme jeopardy.

D: Finally... should our allies ally attack a different ally of ours then we will defend them. If different allies get involved with the hostile force, we will claim neutrality in military affairs, however we maintain that we will still supply the region we came to the aid of in the first place.

M: Your policies seem very fair and reasonable, and I personally applaud such level-headedness at the level of power Dúlra has.

D: We have no desire for domination... only free will. The pollution, constant mistreatment and removal of free will is the reason we attacked Sanctuare. AF Large threatened the integrity of balance, while we admit that perhaps we interfered with Miss Marina's own plans... we maintain that our solution was a definite and we hold no regrets over our actions bar the loss of life on both sides; minimal as we maintained it to be.

M: That clarification will hopefully bring peace of mind to those who worry about potential conflict. Thank you for meeting with me today, Champion Durahan.

- Editor Mihira, WPCNN​

full credit to Jay/Deceptio for Durahan's text! gj if you guys read all that whew thank god for c&p from skype

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Reporter Vanessa Carrera​

litwick.gif
    meowstic-f.gif
    glaceon.gif

One of the most feared reporters in the world, Vanessa is known for her hard hitting questions and unflinching, acid-tongued writing. With a background in Pokemon coordination and modeling, Vanessa first set out as a fashion journalist, before eventually seeming to have a strong opinion on anything and everything across all journalistic genres, be it politics or showbiz. With a pen sharper than a Fearow's beak, she uses her words like a razor, cutting up egos and serving them up on her acerbic platter. Anything and everything you say will be used against you, after all. Her tendency to manipulate words (or even plant them, according to some victims) as well as her vitriolic writing style, has earned her the nickname "Vanom", and has caused her to be banned from several events (e.g. fashion shows, show premieres, etc).

Vanessa is constantly traveling around the globe to pick up the latest buzz, updating her online blogs and columns from anywhere. Nobody really knows where she lives; some hazard to guess she's Hoenn or Sinnoh born, but her features make it vague to tell. Vanessa is also open about her identity as a transgender woman, and advocates gender equality and acceptance of all kinds of gender identity and sexual orientation.​

Etherion

Good day WPCNN, this is Terrence Hawthorne reporting to you live from Aedon in the Theseus Region!

We have received news that forces of Mewtwo - the Pokemon causing the kerfuffle in Beryl a week ago - are going on a rampage on other regions, and they could invade and devastate Theseus any moment now. Police forces in every island is currently force evacuating the citizens in hopes of escorting them to avoiding any casualties.

A gathering was held here in Aedon a while ago, the Theseus Council members invited the newly arrived Elite Four members Bran and Duncan plus Gym Leader Celestine has been invited by the Council for an urgent meeting. We were able to catch a quick interview of the Fire-type E4 member, and here's what he said. "The Theseus Council has decided to form a temporary military force in order to ensue the safety of every Theseusian in the region. Police forces are doing their best, but we are afraid their volumes cannot cut it. We have requested help from Oceia to send us a plethora of men to aid us. "

Just then, the interview has interrupted by a sudden sound of air being beat into submission. A large black helicopter began its descent near the Council building. A few security forces followed by a few council members greeted the transport. Out came a young man wearing a white long sleeve polo worn underneath an iconic scarlet vest with scarlet pants. "I-is th-that?" I stammered. "It's Theseus Champion himself, Harrison!" The film crew began to approach the newly arrived champion and requested an interview. "I have heard about the recent events that took place in our region, I'd like to personally apologize for my absence, but now, I've came back. And I promise to do everything I can to defend Theseus!"

- Theseusian Journalist Terrence Hawthorne, WPCNN​

Back