• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's That Pokémon? - SUGIMORI EDITION (Week 20) - FINISHED

How difficult was this week's puzzle for you?

• Too easy

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Somewhat easy

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • About average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat hard

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Way too hard

• Other (Post it in the thread!)

• Total voters

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • UPDATE: Hi everyone, this week's contest is officially over! Please click here to access the main contest thread! ^^

Who's That Pokémon? (Week 20)
    SUGIMORI EDITION

It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with our weekly contest of "Who's That Pokémon?"! Once a week every Sunday I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. Normally, the clues would be taken from a 30x30 px section of the Pokémon's official Dream World art, but this particular week is a bit different.

This week, the clue will be taken directly from Ken Sugimori's artwork, instead of the Dream World art that we've been using up until now. It will still be a 30x30 px section cropped from the art and magnified to 240x240 px, just like the regular weeks. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Overview

• Guess the Pokémon whose art is being featured!
    • The clue is a 30x30 px section of the Pokémon's official art by Ken Sugimori (found here) cropped and magnified 8x.
    • Send Revise Librarian a PM with your answer once you've figured it out - you may answer as many times as you want per week, but only your final answer will count!
    • Do not post answers in this thread - you don't want other people to use your answers, do you?
    • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them; that's the fun of this game after all!
    • Submit your answers by next Saturday (August 29) before 11:00 p.m. EDT if you want them to count!
    Rewards!

A winner is a winner and a winner is you - assuming you won! Here's what you can expect to win from correctly guessing each week's Pokémon. (Hover over for descriptions!)

KyqhOAr.png
    Lr1vkr8.png
    lL8F9ql.png

Clue - Week 20

As of May 31, 2015, Mega Pokémon are now included as possible answers in the standard "Who's That Pokémon" rounds!

IXeAosa.png

Just a few quick tips: All of the source art should originally be either 480 x 480 pixels or 431 x 431 pixels for normalization purposes, due to the varying sizes in Ken Sugimori's artwork.
    To view the 480 x 480 version of a large image (on Bulbapedia), open the spoiler below and look where I circled in red. If an image is already 431 x 431, then you will not have to worry about it.

Spoiler:

Also, please note that I will only be using the main artwork that appears on a given Pokémon's Bulbapedia article (click here for an example), and I will not be using outdated art from R/G or G/S.

I wish the best of luck to everyone! Feel free to discuss any previous puzzles in this thread if you'd like! (Oh, and I would appreciate it if you voted in the poll or posted how easy/difficult you found it!)

Last edited:

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I'm really confused about this image, however I do have an idea about what Pokémon this is... :)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Alright everyone, are you ready for the moment of truth? This week's contest is officially over, so it's time to reveal the answer...

p6IDCNQ.png

Crawdaunt!

Specifically the star on its head! Congratulations to everyone who guessed it correctly! Now let's look at some of the other answers that we saw...

This week's winners: Mewtwolover, WriterRaven, jdthebud, Spoony6205, kingdenas, Lycanthropy
    Other answers received: Giratina, Shedinja, Kakuna

(Please let me know if I accidentally missed your name on the list of winners! If so, I'll be sure to double-check my inbox and get everything sorted for you! Also, if your name is italicized on this list, then that means you have guessed every single week correctly so far!)

It looks like that concludes our Sugimori Week, and we still have two people who have guessed every single week correctly ever since Week 1 of the contest — Mewtwolover and WriterRaven! A huuuge congratulations to you guys for accomplishing such an amazing feat! (Your emblems should be coming in soon. ^^) I also want to give an honorable mention to jdthebud, who has guessed 19 correct answers without ever guessing incorrectly!

Next time, the contest will be going through some major overhauls, so I'd recommend reading this post (Link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8908465&postcount=9) to get an idea of what to expect! I'm really excited for this, and I can't wait to get the new thread up and running!

Please stay tuned for next week's puzzle, as well as the "Main Thread" which will be the heart of WTP from now on! I'll be sure to post here as soon as it's up (tomorrow morning at the latest), so feel free to discuss any puzzles in this thread for the time being!

Last edited:
    Back