• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pok?mon XD: Darkness Beyond Time [Dead]

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Pokémon XD: Darkness Beyond Time [Dead]

This project is dead. Please visit the following topic for its spiritual successor.

logo.png
Introduction:
Created with RPG Maker VX Ace, this game is meant as a sequel to Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness for the Nintendo GameCube, as well as a continuation of the story from the 5th generation games. The premise is that you embark on a new journey through across the Kronos Region, snagging corrupted Shadow Pokémon from other trainers to purify, against a newly reformed organization named Cipher and their Shadow Dialga.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Characters:
Spoiler:

Features:
Spoiler:

Recruitment:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Years
I've added two new weather conditions on top the the pre existing ones from the core series. Mist and Nuclear Radiation. Mist makes it so Pokémon regain 1/16th of their total Mist Points (MP) used to use special magick attacks each turn. Radiation raises susceptibility to status conditions by 50% and decreases both defenses by 10%.

Here are screenshots of the the two:

Mist
screenshot-1446602040-832011.png

Radiation
screenshot-1446601792-313791.png

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
This looks good! I'm glad someone is making something like this! I've wanted a sequel to XD for awhile. I wish you luck in developing this!

Crystal Noel

Years
Quick Update here:
  • I've added about another 2 hours of Gamplay where the player battles the first Cipher Admin, catches the first Shadow Legendary Pokémon and battles the third gym.
  • I've modified the AI algorithm a bit to place more emphasis on setting up the first turn each Pokémon is out and using a protection move when it guarenteed not to fail.
  • I've removed all HMs, replacing them with key items that serve the same purpose and converted the old HM items into TMs 101-108 which are as follows:
    • TM101 - Dragon Pulse
    • TM102 - Fly
    • TM103 - Surf
    • TM104 - Zen Headbutt
    • TM105 - Waterfall
    • TM106 - Dive
    • TM107 - Earth Power
    • TM108 - Giga Drain

Crystal Noel

Years
It's been a while since I posted an update here. I've taken the liberty to create a suvey for the game. This survey will end up determining some of the features in the game. The link to the survey is here: http://goo.gl/forms/NoYU5CVbk8

Please take the time to answer this, it will be very beneficial to me.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
It's been a while since I posted an update here. I've taken the liberty to create a suvey for the game. This survey will end up determining some of the features in the game. The link to the survey is here: http://goo.gl/forms/NoYU5CVbk8

Please take the time to answer this, it will be very beneficial to me.

I filled out the survey! Looks like you have a lot of neat ideas! I look forward to seeing this develop and hope you can accomplish all that you want to with this!

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
An interesting concept. I been formulating an idea for a game that would be similar to this, but different enough.

Anyway, I don't know if you've got someone on the sprites or not, but I messed around a little with Eldes. I'm no master spriter, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Crystal Noel

Years
A little update before the holidays:
  • I have finished mapping the majority of the outside areas, and most of the dungeons.
  • I have completely created the region map, and have named each town and route.
  • Because I need some of the information that I posed in the survey, I am going to keep the survey open until Christmas Day. After that, I will use the answers that I recieved and my own person discression to move foward.

Crystal Noel

Years
There are a lot of changes, so let's get started.

Starters:
The two starters for the game have been decided. First you will receive and Eevee, who you can later evolve to any of its 8 evolutions through stone. You are also given one of the Kalos Starters as a gift right before you step out onto the route. Both of these Pokémon have perfect IVs and their Hidden Ability.

Music:
Spoiler:

Pokédex:
The game will consist of multiple Pokédexes that all contain different Pokémon depending on where they're obtained. The icons on the status screen indicate which one each species is from. A Pokédex will unlock as soon as some of the Pokémon from said Pokédex is seen.

Story:
I've been working to retool the story. There is now, no more time-travel in the game, but instead, there shall be other features added to the game. The story is now a standard journey through the region to collect all the badges and defeat Cipher. Due to that, I've had to go back and change some things, so the project is less far than it was before, but the mapping is very far ahead of the plot right now.

Battle Frontier:
Spoiler:

Gym Leader/Cipher Admin Ideas:
To add more involvement for the community, I've decided to create another survey, this time, it is for submitting ideas for Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Cipher Admins. It is located here.

Crystal Noel

Years
I'm planning on releasing a demo soon using stand-in graphics. For that, I need two things from you guys. First I need you guys to fill out the form at the top page (I just fixed the link so it should work now). Secondly, I need to know how far you guys would like the demo to go up to. Go ahead and reply right here on this form with what you think.

Crystal Noel

Years
I've decided to call it with the voting for the Gym Leaders/Elite Four. Due to overlapping majorities and similarities between types, I have altered the final decisions from the survey results. Without further ado, let's get into it.

Gym Leaders:
1. Silverport Gym
Leader: Noah
Type: Normal

2. Melmond Gym
Leader: Garth
Type: Dark

3. Bywell Gym
Leader: Fraser
Type: Water

4. Altair Gym
Leader: Astra
Type: Psychic

5. Al Fajjah Gym*
Leader: Ersa
Type: Fire

6. Windrip Gym*
Leader: Scarlet
Type: Flying

7. Crishire Gym*
Leader: Cole
Type: Ground

8. Salamand Gym
Leader: Klause
Type: Ice

* The Al Fajjah Gym was originally planned to be the Seventh gym, but it has been changed to the fifth. The information for these gyms was based on the voting for their original order.

Elite Four:
1. Lynwood
Type: Grass

2. Travis
Type: Ghost

3. Belinda
Type: Dragon

4. Terrence
Type: Fairy

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Years
Update:
I've been toying with the VS intro for battle. At this current stage, I've got the background looping now for both the regular and Gym Leader sequence. Next I intend to work on adjusting the gym leader intro, to have the zoom effect as opposed to rising from the bottom. I'm also considering adding some particles to the effect for Gym Leaders and Cipher Admins. Right now I don't have different types of special sequences for the Elite Four and Champion, but I do intend to create them.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2021
Looks good! Pokemon XD is my favorite Pokemon spin-off game, so I hope I can play this someday when you've completed it!

Back