• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Sings: Holiday Cheer

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • PC Sings: Holiday Cheer
    Intro
    Are you the next undiscovered big hit music artists? Do you just enjoy singing or making things with friends? If you answered yes to any of those then this is most definitely for you. PC Sings is something I've been wanting to do for about a year. There was a pretty decent sized crowd for it back in the spring or summer but we couldn't decide on a song choice and everyone drifted away. But I thought that since it's the holiday season there's not really a better time to try and bring it back. So what the deal is as a whole, the participants of the event will each sing a small segment of some traditional Christmas song or carol, and then we'll put it all together and send it out to youtube and just be happy and stuff that we could hear each other's voices and make something amazing together. And each individual participant also will have the ability to go and sing a solo or a duet or trio or whatever you want as long as it's Christmas themed. Then once everyone has done what they're going to do, we'll take each song and make a playlist for it and put it up on youtube so we can listen to it whenever and remember the good ol' holiday season.

Now this event is somewhat limited by the time that we have left since it was brought up so late in the game, but I'm looking to have it all put together and delivered either Christmas day or the day after. Meaning you have up until Christmas eve to deliver whatever it is that you're going to use. And don't worry if it's not amazing, all that matters is that you enjoy yourself.

Presents

As was mentioned before, a playlist will be made from the songs being sent in. And the main entry as well as a small selection of one or two other songs will be showcased across social media and on the forums. You'll also probably most likely get a pretty little holiday emblem and have the joy of being part of the whole shebang.

The Presets

While you don't have to sing any of the songs from this list (barring the group vote one), it is still here to give you a few ideas in case you have none. If you want to sing a trio, quartet, quintet, sextet or whatever else then by all means go on ahead. Also all participants need to vote on what our main song should be within the next 5 days so that by the 21st we can start recording and putting together the segments.

Solos - Show off and stand out in the spotlight on your own
    - Santa Baby
    - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
    - White Christmas
    Duets - Grab a friend or a pair and rock out
    - Peace on Earth
    - Baby it's cold outside
    - Silent Night​

Group - vote on these to decide what we all sing together
    - Christmas Around The World
    - Winter Wonderland
    - 12 days of Christmas
    - Jingle Bell Rock
    - Sleigh Ride​

Participants
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Count me in! Even though you planned to bully me into it regardless Oh this is going to be so fun! I hope I don't have too much trouble picking out a song and recording properly...Ah well. If anyone wants to do a duet or a small group song that includes a Sephy let me know!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    In, doing a solo of either jingle bells or Santa Claus is coming to town.

I have another idea I might do for my solo too...

For the group song I vote 12 days of Xmas. I'm not gonna do any of this with music BTW so I hope that isn't a requirement lol

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'm not gonna do any of this with music BTW so I hope that isn't a requirement lol

Not at all. The only thing is that for the group song I will be looking for an instrumental version of whatever we pick to layer behind it. So for your solo you can do whatever version you want and in whatever time you want. Have fun with it and be creative. But for the group one just keep it to the beat as normal and all will be good :) Glad to have you and Sephy on board.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Three days remain to sign up and vote on a group song for us all to do! Grab your friends and force 'em on in to join us! I wanna hear at least 10 different voices on the holiday playlist ;)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Only one more day to sign up! We could really use some more participants too. Grab everyone you know and have them come and sing along even if its just for the big group song. I want to incorporate as many people as possible into this :)

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • I'd love to be part of this! It's a really cool idea of you. Now I'm not confident for a solo, but maybe I can do a smaller group song. Definitely count me in for the big group song!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Not as many as I had hoped, but we'll make it work. You all can go ahead and do your solos/small groups whenever you want. And for those that signed up I've divided up the song 12 days of christmas so that each person has 1/2 parts and it'll be good. So for each of your parts you need to record your lines and then also record your gift for that day separate. So Forever would record the second day of chirstmas and then also record two turtle doves. Sephy would record the first day and also record 'and a partridge in a pear tree'. Also everyone should do 'on the fifth day of christmas my true love gave to me; five golden rings'. It'll be good.

Spoiler:

If you have any questions or concerns just let me know and I'll take care of it :)

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • So if I understand correctly, I only need to record the following lines:
    "On the eight day of Christmas my true love sent to me"
    "Eight maids a milking"
    "On the fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
    "Five golden rings"

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'm not sure if you can send them through PM or not, but if you can't then just host them where you will and send me a link to it and I'll grab it from there.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Just vocals. I'll be putting an instrumental in the background. Unless everyone ends up singing in weird times/weird beats.

Back