• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

QuizMasters Season 2: The Ho-Ho-Holiday Edition

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    QuizMasters Season 2: The Ho-Ho-Holiday Edition

This is the place to be for nerds to be, welcome to the second season of QuizMasters! I'm your host, Davepetasprite^2, and joining us is the Quizmasters 2015: 12 Steps to Victory Winner, Rozureido, and some random drunken passerby, JohnnyMustang. This is the competition wherein knowing quirky yet useless information comes in handy!

Before you even think of heading to your favorite Wikipedia article, and searching for answers there, first, we'll be covering what QuizMasters really is.​

MECHANICS

QuizMasters is basically a stripped down version of Trivial Pursuit.

There will be 6 categories, in which we will call tiles, for sake of clarity. Your aim is to get the most tiles possible!

To master one tile, you must get the most number of correct answers on that tile. The number of questions you answer will depend each season, in which case, it would be 10. You then PM all of the hosts all of your answers, and after that, everyone will be judged according to each tile.

If in case there would be a tie in the number of tiles, the winner will be decided on who got the most cumulative points in the competition. If there would still be a tie, the said tied members will receive a PM on 6 tiebreaker questions. The winner would be who gets the most number of points on those questions. If on the extremely coincidental incidence that there would still be a tie, the one who submitted the answers first would win the tiebreaker.

There will be emblems for those who get the number one spot in each tile, and for the participants as well.

So, what are you waiting for? Read the rules first!​

RULES

As much as it's tempting, using external sources is highly discouraged and looked down upon. There's no stopping you from committing this crime but your win won't bear any fruit, if you didn't work hard for it.

Also, post in the thread to join, Asking in the VMs and PMs are not allowed and will not be counted.

Lastly, you can only PM your answers once, and PM them to ALL HOSTS. Once you have submitted your answers, you are not allowed to change them anymore.

THE TILES

Geography
    History and Current Events
    Science and Arts

QuizTheme
    Pokemon and PokeCommunity
    Entertainment

The Green Tile: Science and Arts

The Yellow Tile: History and Current Events

The Blue Tile: Geography

The Purple Tile: Entertainment

The Red Tile: Pokemon and PokeCommunity

The White Tile: QuizTheme [Winter and Yuletide]​

QUESTIONS

SCIENCE AND ARTS

1. What is the electron configuration of Sodium?

2. Approximately, how old is the universe according to NASA?

3. Snails are a part of what phylum?

4. I can be everywhere at the same time, I can be dead and alive at the same time. What am I referring to?

5. In which phase of Mitosis do chromosomes align in the middle of a cell?

6. What organ secretes the insulin hormone?

7. Name Sigmund Freud's three provinces of the mind

8. How much salt does the average human body contain?

9. Why did the German scientist, Wilhelm Roentgen name the invisible rays he discovered X-rays?

10. What is the longest type of cell in the body?

HISTORY AND CURRENT EVENTS

1. Mount Vesuvius is famous for burying many settlements in ash in 79 AD such as Pompeii, but when did it last erupt?

2. It is a set of studies of a specific subject.

3. How did King Arthur get the round table?

4. True or False, Felipe V is the son of Felipe IV?

5. What facial feature does the Mona Lisa lack?

6. What German field marshall was called the Desert Fox?

7. When was the APEC Philippines 2015 summit held

8. How many pyramids are there in Egypt?

9. Three Scottish kings and eight Popes have what same name?

10. In World war II, what was the German codename for the invasion of Russia?

GEOGRAPHY

1. From base to peak, what is the tallest mountain in the world?

2. Excluding continental landmasses, what is the biggest island in the world?

3. What are the three Czech Lands?

4. I am a small group of islands in South Asia. I'm not being sexist, but the center of me is not a girl. What country am I?

5. What is the biggest city in the world?

6. Besides the obvious, what do Lake Victoria and the mouth of the Amazon River have in common?

7. What two South American countries that Brazil does not border?

8. What river is the longest in Europe?

9. What is the first major city to celebrate a New Year?

10. What type of fault motion does the San Andreas Fault make?

ENTERTAINMENT

1. What album holds the record for highest opening week sales in the US?

2. What is the second highest grossing game franchise of all time?

3. What is the most viewed television show in the world?

4. According to Forbes, who is the highest paid actress of 2015?

5. What song plays during the battle with Sans in Undertale?

6. What are the two main versions of Fire Emblem Fates?

7. What is the name of the yellow-eyed demon in the TV show "Supernatural"

8. Other than the Pitch Perfect series, what movie had Ester Dean and Rebel Wilson appear in?

9. Name the two squared sprites of Homestuck

10. What is the highest grossing film franchise of all time?

POKEMON AND POKECOMMUNITY

1. What is Kalos Route 8's name?

2. What team won the most gold and silver medals during GT12?

3. What is the forum id of the World of PokeCommunity?

4. How many lakes does Sinnoh have? Name them.

5. What main forums were added and lost during 2015?

6. What is the subtheme of the first season of QuizMasters?

7. Like Porygon-Z, what other Pokémon can reach its fully evolved third stage at Level 1?

8. In battle, this Pokemon blows out intensely hot flames from all over its body to intimidate its opponent. This Pokémon's fiery bursts create heat waves that ignite grass and trees in its surroundings. Who's that Pokemon?

9. Name all five of the Social Media Team Senior Staff

10. JAP09162004, NA05012005, AUS06092005, EU10212005. What am I?

QUIZTHEME

1. What is the taxonomic order most Mistletoes belong to?

2. Name all eight of the original reindeer of Santa Claus.

3. What company introduced the first Christmas cards?

4. What was the best selling holiday album of 2013 according to the Billboard Charts?

5. What is the design of Starbuck's Holiday Cup for 2015?

6. There are two Christmas Islands. In what ocean/s can these two islands be found?

7. What US state was the last to declare Christmas a legal holiday? What year was it?

8. Real Christmas Trees are in fact mostly edible! What vitamins lay abundant in it's bark and pine needles?

9. Who was the one that declared Christmas be held on December 25?

10. Traditionally, what country provides London's Trafalgar Square with a Christmas Tree?

PARTICIPANTS

Here is the official list of participants for this year's QuizMasters!

Omicron
    Sukyandaru
    Ice Goddess
    KetsuekiR
    Universe​

QuizMasters Season 2: The Ho-Ho-Holiday Edition hosted by Davepetasprite^2, Rozureido, and JohnnyMustang
    css by Davepetasprite^2

Last edited:

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I'm in! Will get to answering the questions after I wake up, though I have a feeling I won't know any of some of them, like History...

So we can answer the questions for multiple tiles at once, right? Like sending a PM with answers for all 6 tiles in one go?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    btw all tiles should be sent in one pm, dont separate them :3 and all pms should be sent to us three (davepetasprite^2, rozureido, and johnnymustang)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh god I am sooo going to fail at the others aside from Science&Arts and Pokemon&PC. ;~;

Back