The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Progressing ROM Hacks
FireRed Pokemon: A New Dawn ----Still in development don't worry----

Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old December 17th, 2015 (5:17 PM). Edited October 24th, 2016 by Joexv.
joexv.github.io

Nature: Sassy

Thread under development! So don't judge the temporary CSS that's being used right now.

Intro

First off I just want to say that this hack is meant to look plain graphically. That's the whole point. For reasons I would rather not get into in this it will almost definitely not receive a full blown tile/ow makeover. So if you're looking for a hack that is just all new tiles then this is NOT the hack for you.

As some of you may know, I'm Joexv, creator of Pokemon Blackened Night and The Holiday hack Series. Long long ago, I joined this site to start working on Pokemon hacks. After about a year of learning, I released Pokemon Blackened Night. As it continued to grow and I grew in my hacking skills I decided it was time to write up stories for a sequel and possibly a prequel to the game. Each game being its own story line I could easily release and create them as I saw fit. It wasn't until I stopped major production on BN that I actually got down to working on the sequel as a possible project to replace my main focus. And that is how A New Dawn was born. Not only a new project to me, but a project for all. A New Dawn, will feature a revolutionary story line system that is created by you, the players.

A New Dawn will feature multiple stories and countless side stories that are created by players. Any one can submit a story line or side story for the hack. Not all stories will be accepted of course. But if your story is approved, then you can expect it to be added into the game, one way or another.
for more information on approval and regulations on stories please read the section marked STORIES.

Prologue

The black sun. A calamity caused by the power of the Arcanate Machine turned Black by the Black stone. Team Night caused the Arcanate Machine to produce a dark light that would cause the fabled "Darkness" to rise from its tomb to envelop the world into an endless night know once as the "Eternal Night". Team Night's plans were foiled by a young orphan from Southfalls City who's family was killed by the "Darkness" when he was a small baby.
3 years later the Altar Region has grown and prospered. Until one day a new threat to their peace rises up from the shadows. A threat with ambitions so high that it will reach the heavens....

Story

Excuse any and all grammar errors or typos as this is only a rough draft of the story:
3 years after the "Eternal Night" crisis, the Altar Region has returned to peace and prosperity.
4 young adults begin a new chapter in their lives as students of the famous Professor Rose of the Altar Insula.
Little did they know hidden in the shadows and ruin of the failed Team Night, sinister Pokemon cloaked in shadows start to appear in the Isles. Just as the students begin their journey, Professor Rose mysteriously disappears sending the students' journey down many dark paths.

Features

New Regions(obviously)
2 different Pokemon Leagues, each with 4 gyms, and their own champion. Plus an additional champion of both regions.
FR/LG style tiles with a nice needed twist, to keep that nostalgic feel while creating anew atmosphere
Over 10 different starter options
Travel with companions
Gameplay is setup as chapters
Community driven chapters!
Side Quests!
Pokedex split into two to reflect the northern and southern half of the Altar Insula
There will roughly be 350 Pokemon between the two regions(Northern and Southern)
Shadow Pokemon(Yes another hack with Shadow Pokemon. But we're taking a little spin with it)
Shadow Pokemon act like Primal Mega Evolutions - Release your Pokemon's inner darkness!
Pokemon will become corrupted if they are not friendly with their trainers

Screenshots

Screenshots may at anytime but slightly outdated. I change things constantly including small tile fixes and entire map edits all together. If there are big changes I will try to update them to the best of my ability.
And of course more to come

Downloads

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9207520#9207520

Credits

Jpan-Hacked engine and for his permission to edit existing routines
Mrdollsteak-For his FR Base
Ruki-The amazing titlescreen and the HGSS Kanto music
TheRealOCD-All around help including mapping, bug testing etc
Shinyquagsire-For a lot of documentation that I had to read through to make stuff do things
Touched-For his ASM help, Mega evos and other routines
Fbi-For his ASM help, resources and other routines
Gamer2020-For his custom XSE and for PGE
Dark Zeta/Danny-For D&D editor
Everyone in the Quick R&D or who've made minor patches and resources
Lu-Hu-For all the corruption
Jaizu for the HP Bars
Fangking, Omega, and Mateo for some of the houses tiles
Spherical Ice for some tiles
Navenatox for the dynamic overworld patch, which without would make a lot of npcs look terrible!
Rycanthropy's Emerald Font Patch

And everyone that put up with me when I asked the stupidest questions imaginable

If I forgot anyone please let me know!

Fun Fact: A New Dawn is the first game to use the IPTS to insert all of its Pokemon data

Also please note this thread is not complete and it'll be in the works over the next couple of days, so if any information is missing or is incorrect it will be fixed shortly.

Awards

Hack of the Month March 2016
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364206

Joexv Seal of Approval
Spoiler:
This is in no way official of anything. Its a joke

Old December 18th, 2015 (3:43 PM). Edited November 2nd, 2016 by Joexv.
joexv.github.io

Characters

Dawn: Hero/Heroine of the main story line.
Age-17; Hair-Brown; Behavior Type-Slight Introvert
Favors choices rather than being forced into tasks. A multi-type trainer who generally has no pattern to their battle style. Dawn's family is constantly belittling, and try to abandon Dawn quite regularly. Lilly(Dawn's younger sister) seems to be the only one who supports Dawn. While Dawn has no set goals, he/she always aims for greatness.

Dusk: Dawn's childhood friend
Age-17; Hair-Black; Behavior Type-Hyperactive
A hyperactive teen, who is constantly forgetting details, which inevitably gets him into lots of trouble. While he's known Dawn since childhood, he still constantly is trying to push Dawn into doing more.

Professor Rose: Altar Insula's biggest Pokemon scientist
Normally mean to people, Dawn seems to have gotten on Rose's good side.
Rose is always studying or gambling no matter where she may be, which leads to trouble either way.
Drake and Cassie, being her star pupils, are always trying to get her to stop gambling which just makes her cranky and gamble more.

Drake and Cassie: Professor Rose's star students
Drake is always calm and thinks things through. While Drake is typically quite, Cassie makes up for that with being overjoyed about everything to do with Drake. Drake is always picking fights with Dawn in order to show off his strength. Cassie being a pacifist of sorts, avoids battles at any cost. Which forces Drake to have to fight twice as much when going up against a tag team.

Team Midnight: A group of evil doers who brought terror and destruction on the Altar Region.
After certain events, the group mysteriously vanished leaving no trace.

TenAku Organization: A currently unknown group of individuals who claim to "protect the sky".
They seem very interested in Professor Rose and her research.

Altar Insula's League Champion(Teho): Like most regions, the Altar Insula have a Pokemon League. Although the league is sectioned off into two groups, Northern and Southern, trainers have a chance to fight the Champion of both Leagues. At only 10 the current champion defeated both leagues and their champion and became the champion himself. He's held the title undefeated for 20 years. His team is said to be even stronger than those of legends.

Altar Region League Champion(Shadow): The Altar Regions champion was defeated by a trainer, but the trainer declined the offer to become champion and disappeared. Because of this the old Champion kept his position and remains undefeated to this day.His team is one said to be of metal and shadows.

Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

Whake-Water Type trainer
Arrogant and often rude

Old December 18th, 2015 (3:43 PM). Edited January 17th, 2018 by Avara.
joexv.github.io

Stories
Here you will be able to find the rules and regulations on posted stories along with what has been added to the game.

• Main Canon Story Line
    Created by Joexv with assistance to TheRealOCD

Rules:
  • Stories must follow the rules in order to even be considered for approval.
  • Must be appropriate for all ages!
  • Must either use the main region, unless stated otherwise, and then the story must take place on a custom island.
  • Stories and side quests CANNOT alter the main region or affect the main storyline in any way, shape, or form. I.e. you cant blow up a city or kill off a character.
  • You are allowed to base any story off of random npcs
  • Unless you have permission from the original author you cannot alter any story line that's been added.
  • We as the creators reserve the right to alter any story
  • All stories that are not made by the creators are not considered canon and will only be available as an optional patch to the game, that way anyone who wants to can play the base game and only the base game.
  • Stories can't use preexisting legendaries.
  • Stories are allowed to add in SOME new Pokemon, but they must be approved. A story might be rejected purely based on what Pokemon you choose(ie you add in way too many, or too many legendaries are added) We want to keep the game as balanced as we can.

Please send all stories to me via PM

Rules are subject to change
Stories must be updated to accommodate any rule updates.

FAQS
Q: Why are the main characters so....plain?
A: Because unlike other games, you aren't special. There's nothing that makes you stand out more than anyone else in the world.

Q: How do I submit a story?
A: Send me a PM of your story as long as it follow the guidelines stated in "Stories" I'll look at it and if I approve it it will be added to the next update.

Q: I don't want to play with custom stories, is there anyway to turn it off?
A: Yes! If you only want to play the official game, then when downloading make sure to choose the "MainGame" patch only.

Q: Where's the download link, HELP?!!
A: There is none at this time. Please be patientas I am only human, and I have a job and social life that I keep.

Q: Can I help make the game?
A: You can help by submitting ideas, bugs or stories.

Q: Will you be continuing Blackened Night ever?
A: Probably not, that ship as sailed.

Q: Why does the information in the thread keep changing?
A: Well as I get the time I am updating the thread with the latest screenshots, information and stories that I can. Sometimes this may mean a feature has been removed or a character has changed. Once the first release is out the massive thread changes will stop.

Q: Help it wont patch!!
A: There's a handy thread over int he Beginners lounge that has instructions on how to patch the ips file onto a gba file. Make sure you're using a CLEAN Fire Red BPRE ROM along with the most recent ips.

Q: When's it coming out?
A: Don't nag, nagging makes me want to work on it less.

Q: Why is it so plain looking?
A: This hack is meant to look plain graphically. That's the whole point. For reasons I would rather not get into in this, it will almost definitely not receive a full blown tile/ow makeover. So if you're looking for a hack that is just all new tiles then this is NOT the hack for you.

Q: What Pokemon are in the game? And where are they all located?
A: Well I won't give away their locations just to preserve the fun of finding and catching them all, but here are two lists of Pokemon, separated by what region you'll find them in.
Northern-Southern

Current Progress

Mapping 99%
Scripting 50%
Sprites 100%
Pokemon Data 92%
Misc 87%

Old December 18th, 2015 (5:17 PM).
Eat, Sleep, Repeat!

Nature: Calm
    Yey! A new hack! Tbh, the last time I saw Blackened Night, I wasn't really a fan of your maps but now I'm loving those screenies! I might post a side story or two hehe.. Good Luck with the hack!

btw, are the stories posted here or via PM/VM?
    Old December 18th, 2015 (10:40 PM).
    Legend

Not gonna send a story(don't have any age appropriate ones). But I'll definitely keep an eye on this one. It sounds really good and unique.

Credit to Corazon(or whatever he calls himself now) for banner.
      Pokemon CAWPS
      Pokemon Outlaw
      Old December 19th, 2015 (12:42 PM).
      The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter

Looks awesome. Can't wait to play.
        Old December 21st, 2015 (2:43 AM).
        ACE Trainer

Nature: Quiet
        Awesome Storyline and cool to add two Pokémon League
        keep Up The Great Work
        Old December 21st, 2015 (3:17 AM).
        You already know it

Nature: Hardy
          The features look great!!Looking forward for your hack in the future!!Hope you can complete it!!Good Luck!!

-Sabrina (Pokemon Outlaw)
          Old December 29th, 2015 (12:55 PM).
          Canada Goose

Nature: Adamant
            I like the new thread design! Keep at it! :P

:)
            Old December 29th, 2015 (6:57 PM).
            Favorite Stand

Nature: Brave
            Reading through everything, I must say that this sounds really good. The features are really nice, I personally love the gym/Pokémon League structure, as it reminds me a lot of Ancient Egypt (one of my favorite subjects in History) in the way that Egypt was separated into two "regions" and they both had leaders, then a Pharaoh would be the ruler of all Egypt I may be making that all up btw but I'm pretty sure I'm right lol so that really helps me get the feel on how the League system is going to work.

The screenshots look nice too. I really like the hero OW, has a nice FR/LG feel to compliment the rest of the style. Keep up the good work guys! :)
            Old December 30th, 2015 (2:19 PM).
            JUKAI 2.0, BABY

This hack's looking pretty sweet so far! I just might try and send in a story.
              Old January 1st, 2016 (6:33 PM).

Nature: Adamant
                will there be fakemon starters if not add some
                Old January 1st, 2016 (7:40 PM).
                joexv.github.io

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jan2prado View Post
                Yey! A new hack! Tbh, the last time I saw Blackened Night, I wasn't really a fan of your maps but now I'm loving those screenies! I might post a side story or two hehe.. Good Luck with the hack!

btw, are the stories posted here or via PM/VM?
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Crizzle View Post
                Not gonna send a story(don't have any age appropriate ones). But I'll definitely keep an eye on this one. It sounds really good and unique.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
                Looks pretty interesting. I'm excited to see what comes of it!
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by trenhoj View Post
                Looks awesome. Can't wait to play.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Wayne18 View Post
                Awesome Storyline and cool to add two Pokémon League
                keep Up The Great Work
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by The Annoying Rollout View Post
                The features look great!!Looking forward for your hack in the future!!Hope you can complete it!!Good Luck!!
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by TheRealOCD View Post
                I like the new thread design! Keep at it! :P
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
                Reading through everything, I must say that this sounds really good. The features are really nice, I personally love the gym/Pokémon League structure, as it reminds me a lot of Ancient Egypt (one of my favorite subjects in History) in the way that Egypt was separated into two "regions" and they both had leaders, then a Pharaoh would be the ruler of all Egypt I may be making that all up btw but I'm pretty sure I'm right lol so that really helps me get the feel on how the League system is going to work.

The screenshots look nice too. I really like the hero OW, has a nice FR/LG feel to compliment the rest of the style. Keep up the good work guys! :)
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
                This hack's looking pretty sweet so far! I just might try and send in a story.
                Thanks for all the support! TheRealOCD and I are working hard to get an alpha demo out asap. But obviously due to life and stuff we have no estimated release date, but because of that, I've decided to start accepting fan stories to be added into the first alpha instead of it just being the canon game. So if any of y'all what to submit some go right ahead!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Tai View Post
                will there be fakemon starters if not add some
                No. The only "fakemon" will be a few shadow versions of some Pokemon. Other than that there will be no fakemon at all.
                Old January 19th, 2016 (11:46 AM).
                joexv.github.io

Quick little update. Still working on this, but I'm focusing a lot of time on maps and un-seeable game thingamajigs, so while there is progress its mostly stuff you cant see anyways gameplay wise. But stay tuned as hopefully more and more things will happen soon!
                Old January 26th, 2016 (3:03 PM).
                joexv.github.io

Ok so just for muks and giggles heres a little teaser of how much is done in the game:

See this map?
                Everything on it is mapped! Most of is scripted too! Which means that an alpha is sure to arise sometime soon.
                Old January 31st, 2016 (3:50 PM).
                joexv.github.io

So in order to add length to the first alpha, alongside the main story we will be including fan made side stories. We would like to get as many as possible added into the game. If you guys have an ideas or would like to see maps/story information to base them off of please contact me!
                Old January 31st, 2016 (3:57 PM).
                n00b

Nature: Lonely
                  This looks like its gonna be a good one, I cant wait for the first patch release! If you need a beta tester I'd be more than happy!
                  Old February 4th, 2016 (10:05 AM).
                  joexv.github.io

The current state of the world map.
                  The lack of internet at work is making progress skyrocket as my Netflix binging has been brought to a hold.
                  Old February 4th, 2016 (6:49 PM).
                  Legend

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Joexv View Post

The current state of the world map.
                    The lack of internet at work is making progress skyrocket as my Netflix binging has been brought to a hold.
                    A true inspiration to us all. I want to strive to be more like you.
                    Remember kids, true winners don't work at work.

Credit to Corazon(or whatever he calls himself now) for banner.
                    Pokemon CAWPS
                    Pokemon Outlaw
                    Old February 4th, 2016 (8:34 PM).
                    joexv.github.io

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Crizzle View Post
                    A true inspiration to us all. I want to strive to be more like you.
                    Remember kids, true winners don't work at work.
                    I'm Joexv, and I approve this message.
                    Old February 7th, 2016 (1:18 AM).
                    almost everyone is offended now

Nature: Quiet
                      New hack, joexv? I see its going smoothly! Can't wait to see your maps!

I like the CSS I rate it 7.8 too much water.
                      Old February 17th, 2016 (10:49 AM).
                      joexv.github.io

Little update for everyone, scripting for the first alpha is going slow but is in fact getting done. I'm making sure that as many bugs as I can find are squashed and that this will be a decent demo to show off some of the storyline and features. Hopefully within the next week or so I'll have some videos showing off some events and such.

Other than scripts, there are maybe one or two images that need to be inserted and then the Pokedex data that needs to be finished up.

Progress is slow but its going!
                      Old February 17th, 2016 (3:00 PM).
                      šoακεd ςʟoτhεš, ωε† hαïr... ςoʟd ώίɴɖ ßʟoωïηg...

Nature: Naughty
                      I wish good luck bro, I love the story and everything (:
                      I hope you finish It... because I usual we get disappointed everytime there is a new hack, especially when we play It and fall in love with It! Good luck!!

Btw I have a suggestion, may I have a request to make a trainer in your hack named as Caramelo with only an Umbreon in his team? lol that would be my character "I will crush you to pieces", thank youu! :D
                      tɦɛ cѳʆɗ ɓʀɛɛzɛ, wiɳɗ'ร ɓʆѳwiɳg, yѳu cɑɳ Բɛɛʆ it witɦ yѳuʀ Բɑcɛ รkiɳ...
                      ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
                      \(^○^)人(^○^)/
                      Old February 18th, 2016 (11:08 AM).
                      joexv.github.io

Heres a look at the maps that Alpha 1 will have for Gameplay
                      Spoiler:

Sorry OCD I got bored at work. So I made this in not powerpoint, but Photoshop like a pro.
                      Old February 20th, 2016 (2:09 PM). Edited February 20th, 2016 by Joexv.
                      joexv.github.io

Current Progress

Mapping 100%
                      Scripting 50%
                      Sprites 100%
                      Pokemon Data 80%
                      Misc 70%

We're getting close people!

Quick Reply