• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film 2016 Oscar nominees announced

Years
    The nominations have been announced for this year's Academy Awards, and leading the nomination charge this year is The Revenant with 12 nods, while Mad Max: Fury Road is coming second with 10 nods.

The nominees:

Spoiler:

My thoughts on these nominees, it's an all-male battlefield for Best Director and an all-white contention in the acting categories, and seeing the likes of Spielberg and Tarantino snubbed for Best Director, and the new Star Wars film only getting nods in the technical categories. But with The Revenant's huge list of nods and its recent success at the Golden Globes, I think DiCaprio's Oscar drought might finally be coming to an end because I think this is the film that might finally win him that Best Actor gong that everyone wanted him to win for so long.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Once again, a ton of summer blockbusters, with the exception of Mad Max, have been snubbed from every category, whereas TFA, despite being part of the most influential franchise in the whole world, is limited to only best sound whatever categories (where's best visual effects and why was it not nominated for best costume design). And where the heck is the Peanuts Movie for best animated film? If you watch the Film Theory series, you would know the predictable outcome of this (movies based on true stories about acting usually win for best picture).

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    kind of a shitty pull this year. I've only seen 2 of the best picture noms so far, but will be seeing The Revenant this weekend, at least. idk, this year wasn't very Good film-wise, I don't think, but next year looks jam-packed with awesome stuff so I'm excited.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Best Actor:
    Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl

PLEASE. first the theory of everything and now danish girl, sigh, this man is the blazer my trail's been yearning for

sure, the danish girl was missing a little something to make it feel... idk, more whole, but it was impactful nonetheless and his performance was fantastic

didn't see most of the rest, this year hasn't been good for me. abstaining from commenting on anything else probably

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Carol deserved more noms, imo. I'm so happy Rooney Mara is up for her role, as well as the costume designer, because I was in love with their work.

I still need to see Danish Girl, The Revenant & 45 Years.

I don't want to get my hopes up for Leo :( He should have won an oscar years ago.

Back