• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Isle of Origin (T) (IC)

DonDevious

Master of Nothingness
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017

We all know the many stories telling the origin of Pokemon. Some say Mew was the ancestor of all. Others say Arceus created them, along with the world. Still others believe that they originated from space!
Young Apprentice Researcher Darwin Charleston has long been fascinated by this subject. Ever since he supposedly saw a Mew as a child, he has been obsessed with this question. After years of research in High School, the young prodigy arrived at a conclusion. According to a legend with no region associated with it, There was an island out in the vast sea where Arceus went to rest. But another legend spoke of an island where Mew would appear. Another one spoke of an island where a [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]meteor[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] crashed carrying a strange being. The conlusion he reached was that these must be speaking of the same island, and that a vital clue, or maybe even answers, lay there.
At the age of 19, he believes he finally located the island of legend. It is, in fact, a known but little-explored place located in the waters between the southernmost points of Kanto and Sinnoh. It is known as Crimson Island and its only port is in Carvahna Cove,known to be a lawless town of thugs and pirates.
After much persuading, he gained a small budget to put together a team and head out on a research expedition to Crimson Island. The budget is so small, however, that after equipment and supplies, he has very little to pay for a team or a boat.
As a result, he had to limit his team to the essentials and possibly expand it with those willing to work pro bono, like those with a personal interest in the expedition or those he has a history with.

Darwin waited at the docks of Driftveil City, eager to begin. This was it, the culmination of his entire life of research. He could hardly believe his luck that he had found enough people willing to go with him! All he needed to do now was await their arrival.
Next to him, his Porygon2, Data, floated in place. It's digital eyes darted around, signalling that it was just as eager as its master. Unlike Darwin, however, this Porygon2 didn't know the dangers that awaited them, such as the rough port town of Carvahna Cove....Of course, Darwin didn't care about that.
Finally, Darwin saw someone approach him....

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
Years
Ah... the big blue sea. Captain Liucijia Rose stood at the wheel of her ship, directing it towards Driftveil City in the Unova region. As the ship got closer and closer to the docks, Rose couldn't help but feel a little giddy. She was finally going on an adventure again after roughly 5 years of being a boring passenger ship. She looked at her crew who were scattered around the ship in no particular order or fashion. All of them just joined, but Rose felt that she could trust all of them.

Eventually, Rose and her crew docked in Driftveil City. "Oi!" Rose called out to her crew, "I'll be right back! Don't do anything crazy..." she said in a cautionary voice. Rose got off and went towards the land to look for the researcher whom she had spoken with about heading out to Crimson Island. Fortunately, she didn't have to look far. She spotted him and quickly walked up to him. "Hello!" Rose said as soon as she was close enough, "I'm Captain Liucijia Rose of the S.S Grand Chariot!" She bowed, "You are the researcher needing a ride out to Crimson Island, correct? We'll get ya there in no time!" She said excitedly.

DonDevious

Master of Nothingness
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Darwin smiled at the first sign that this expedition was really happening. "No time, eh? That's what I like to hear! Good to see you so enthusiastic, too!" He held out his hand to shake hands, "Darwin Charleston, but call me Darwin. Now, we should wait for the others here." He said matter-of-factly.
"I trust you know the full details of what we set out to do?"

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
As Jason leaned against the railing of the ship, he thought about his assignment. Soon he would be bound for Crimson Island which, if the Dr. Charleston's theories were true, was full of legendary Pokemon. Legendary Pokemon that would almost ensure Team Magma's victory. There were only a handful of other crew members, and they all seemed like decent enough people.

He turned and saw the captain getting off of the ship. "I'll be right back! Don't do anything crazy" she said. She turned and walked toward land. Jason recognized the town well. It was Driftveil City. He had a cousin who used to live here. He remembered coming here and rolling in the mud with Houndour, playing tag with his friends, and generally having a good time.

He was getting so caught up in nostalgia, he couldn't hear someone walking up behind him until he heard them say "Hey"

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Sasha_zps3puitrdx.png

Anybody that glanced in Sasha's direction as she made her way to the docks could tell she was excited, there was simply no hiding it. Who knew what could be waiting on that island? Heck, who knew what could be waiting on the ship ride there? The idea of taking on pirates was enough to get her blood pumping, and it wasn't even the most dangerous thing the team believed they might encounter. To say she was thrilled was an understatement, which is why she offered her mercenary services at a pretty extreme discount.

Sasha adjusted the pack on her back and swapped the large case she was carrying to her left hand (she was beginning to lose feeling in her right fingers). Inside the pack were her general items: Clothes, a tooth brush, a sleeping bag, etc, while in the heavy case she carried a small array of weapons. If (Arceus forbid) something happen to her Pokémon, she had to be able to protect them, and the people of the ship.
"Think that's him?" Sasha asks as she looks to her Pokémon: A Glaceon and a Lucario. Lucario's aura detectors shift upward just slightly as he looks in the direction of the docks, and he gives a small nod, along with a short bark of approval.

"No time to waste, then." Sasha hoists her arm against her side in excitement before briskly jogging towards the man on the docks. By the time she arrived, a woman had joined the young scientist on the docks. The sight of her made Sasha smile even brighter. You don't see a lot of female ship captains, and Sasha was already pretty sure she was going to enjoy sailing with her.

"Dr. Charleston?" She asks as she walks towards them. "And you must be Captain Rose." She nods to the woman.

Years
Baz was down in the galley as the ship sailed toward Driftveil, taking stock of their food stores. He had made sure to order some fresh food to go with all the canned and dried foodstuffs they'd be eating once they got out on the open ocean. Everything he had ordered would be waiting for them once they arrived at the docks.

Aipom entered through the porthole, chattering excitedly and gesturing outside. Baz jumped in surprise at the sudden intrusion, letting out a sigh of relief once he realized it was just his friend. "What's all the racket about? Are we there?" He went to the window... uh, porthole... to check outside. Sure enough, the ship was secured at the dock. "Excellent! Let's get resupplied and head out! I'm sure everyone else will be just as excited for this adventure as I am!"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
mint_flavored_by_anikakinka-d4he88v_zpsihwjqvuk.jpg

Mochizuki Nana

Following a two day long trip from Castelia City, Nana entered Driftveil City closely followed by a worried- looking Blissey. Her eyes were glued to a piece of paper bearing instructions on the meeting place and time. Oblivious to the world around her as she marched on, lost in her own little world, reading the letter time and time again, the woman took no notice of all the people hurriedly walking about so it fell onto her Pokemon to pull, push and shove her trainer out of everyone else's way.

When she finally looked up from the letter, Nana's eyes fell on the harbor, bustling with activity. She quickly scanned her surroundings whilst running her hand through her curly locks. She was slightly confused as she had no idea whom exactly she was looking for. Certainly more intuitive than her trainer, Blissey poked Nana's leg, drawing attention to herself then swiftly pointed at a boat that seemed to have just pulled in and at the people seemingly waiting in front of it. A rather weak looking man wearing a pair of nerdy glasses was seemingly caught in conversation with a scary looking woman who looked like she was in charge of something. Another woman, a tall, slender one with long, blue hair and a rather dignified posture soon joined the two.

"That must be it." Nana said, still confused. "Thanks, Blissey. You always bail me out..." she carried on and softly stroke her pokemon's head. "I guess we're going on an adventure." the woman beamed with excitement then casually tightened the straps of her hiking backpack before marching towards the group, sudden determination in her heart. As she approached the group, however, she spotted the boat behind them and her heart sank. She had never been on a boat before, much less a boat full of strangers. "I can't do this!" she finally said and nearly made a U-turn, but her Blissey swiftly stopped her by tugging on the woman's belt. Slumping her shoulders, the woman finally gave in. "You're right, we have to do this. I gave my word when I signed up for it. Let's... let's go." The odd duo finally approached the group.

"Good day." Nana finally spoke to the people gathered in front of the boat. She then crisply bowed and, before she knew what she was doing, she awkwardly and rapidly introduced herself. "I'm Mochizuki Nana and I will look after your every medical needs and tend to your injured pokemon. This is my first time on a boat with so many people so please, be patient with me. It is a pleasure to meet everyone and be of service." she stopped abruptly and let out a long sigh as she shyly lifted her head. Blissey was certainly amused as she joined her trainer and took a curt bow as well.

The woman met everyone else's gazes and suddenly felt shy and out of place. She hurriedly scurried behind her Blissey and swiftly hid her face with her hair. "I can't do this! I can't do this!" she muttered to herself over and over, not realising that everyone present could easily hear her.

DonDevious

Master of Nothingness
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Darwin shook hands with everyone present at the ship when the woman with the Blissey approached. After her little outburst, he approached her, "There's no pressure, your medical skills would certainly be welcomed aboard the ship, but I'm not one to force this on anyone. I'll admit, many if not all of my staff are volunteers...." He looked around the Blissey, "I'll give you time to mull it over."
He went over to Sasha to more properly introduce himself, but Data wandered behind the Blissey. Despite what its master said, it knew that they needed a medic and though it couldn't communicate with her, it just looked at her....
"So, Ms. Howlett, we welcome you aboard!" Darwin said to Sasha, "I must apologize for the limited pay, I was only given a small budget, as I explained to the good captain a moment ago.... Now if you'll excuse me, I feel the need to get acquainted with those already on board this fine vessel!"
He then called up to a young man at the deck who seemed to be lost in thought "Hey!"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
mint_flavored_by_anikakinka-d4he88v_zpsihwjqvuk.jpg

Mochizuki Nana

As she was lost in her own little world again, Nana could hear a man addressing her. Peeking at him from behind her soft, curly locks, her curious eyes wandered about the figure in front of her. His voice was calm and friendly as he reassured her that he would not be forcing anyone into this entire expedition deal. From the way he carried himself and the way he spoke, Nana deduced that he was the prodigy researcher she had heard so much about. "I'll give you time to mull it over" the man said, ending his monologue.

Nana sighed softly as her hand searched for her beloved Blissey. "I guess I'm being awkward again, huh?" she whispered whilst stroking her pokemon's head again. Feeling a pair of eyes on her, Nana looked around to notice what she immediately recognized as a Porygon 2 staring at her intently. She had never seen one in person before. Her eyes lit up excitedly as she instantly threw her arms around the new pokemon.

"Aren't you the CUTEST THING EVER?!?" she said pulling the, probably now startled, pokemon into a close hug. "Look, Blissey, isn't it a cutie?" she carried on like a five year old having acquired a new toy. "There is NO WAY I'm not going on that expedition if this cutie is going to be there!" she went on pretty much shrieking in excitement by now, completely oblivious of the people who most likely started staring at the loud woman.

Blissey sighed and immediately focused on her trainer, emitting a bright light, knocking both Nana and the poor little Porygon 2 caught in the crossfire out. She then proceeded to use Soft-boiled on the injured pokemon, leaving it in perfect condition and full of energy. She followed up by pulling Nana's pokeballs out of the woman's backpack and pressing the buttons on each ball, calling out all of her trainer's pokemon. Blissey's five friends, Meganium, Froslass, Dedenne, Crobat and Wynaut (whom she wasn't very happy to see) looked on in confusion whilst Blissey carried on seemingly instructing Froslass to wake their trainer up. Froslass nodded and used a subdued Wake-up Slap on Nana.

"Alright, I'm up, I'm up!" Nana said holding her head. "Blissey, that was very mean, you know? You shouldn't use your Dazzling Gleam on people like that..." Nana trailed off rubbing her eyes. Her Dedenne casually jumped on his trainer's head and curled up in a ball yawning. Froslass kept bowing repeatedly, an apologetic look on her face. Crobat circled the harbor, clearly enjoying the sea breeze. Megamium was hard at work trying to keep Wynaut from causing any trouble. The harbor had suddenly grown a lot livelier than before. The woman smiled happily watching her pokemon enjoy themselves. She placed her hand on Froslass' head assuring her pokemon that she wasn't mad. Froslass cried happily and nestled against Nana's hand. "I'd like to keep you all out of your pokeballs but that would most likely cause inconvenience to the other passangers." Nana spoke in a soft voice as she picked up her pokeballs. "I'll see you all shortly." she carried on then walked towards her Meganium. Petting her pokemon's head lovingly, the woman recalled it and replaced her pokeball in her backpack. She then gently picked Dedenne out of her hair and tickled its belly as she smiled. "I know it's warm and cozy there, but I wouldn't want you to fall and injure yourself" she spoke again whilst calling the adorable antenna pokemon back into its pokeball. Nana carried on by recalling her Froslass, followed by the mischievous Wynaut. "Wynaut, dearie, just because you're purple, it doesn't mean you should be a little brat" she said seemingly scolding the little thing as she called it back inside. The only one left now was Crobat.

Nana looked up, using her hand to shelter her eyes from the Sun. Crobat cried happily and landed in front of his trainer. The woman laughed happily. "Alright, big boy, it's time for you to go back in." she said. "You're not exactly a tiny Zubat anymore, you know?" she carried on and the Crobat proudly flapped its wings again, taking off as if to show how much greater he was now than back when he was a tiny Zubat. Nana happily recalled it, not before throwing a spicy Leppa Berry for the pokemon to catch and snack on. From the entire scene that unfolded in front of everyone, it was obvious that Nana was very at home surrounded by pokemon.

"I apologise for the commotion." the woman bowed to the group again, a slight hint of pink on her cheeks. "My pokemon are quite... energetic." she said again, completely oblivious to the fact that the entire fiasco was her own fault. "I have decided to tag along after all." Nana spoke once more, this time directly to Charleston.

Last edited:

ImMrRoboto

Years
When Jason heard the call, he immediately stumbled a bit and looked around for whoever called until his eyes landed on the expedition leader himself. Jason silently cursed to himself. He had been told to keep Mr. Charleston on good terms. He rushed over to him.
"I'm sorry, sir," Jason apologized "I just got caught up in thought, that's all. It won't happen again, I swear." He said quickly, hardly giving time for response.

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
A woman with curly dark brown hair reaching down to her legs came running out heading towards the docks. Sprinting alongside the woman was a Delcatty. "Oh finally we found the right place. I don't even know how we managed to miss the entire harbor." she said as she came up towards the boat, panting as she stopped nearby it only for the Delcatty to run smack into her and knock her onto the ground. "Snya! That was on purpose and you know it!." the woman said, as she quickly got back off of the ground to berate the kitty. Of course Snya didn't care at all, it was more preoccupied with examining the ship and all the people. She turned back again to face the boat, only reaching a measly four feet and nine inches, her deep brown eyes surveying the scene just like her pokemon. Waving over to the people around and on the boat. "Hello! It's good to meet you!" not even stopping to consider she had the wrong boat, as well as completely ignoring her entry.

Though looking on it seemed everyone was already having an exciting time, she saw a Crobat flying around, that was cool. It seemed like something was going on anyway, given everyone seemed to be crowding around, had everyone else gotten here already? Was she the last one? She knew she'd end up holding up everything. Hopefully she wasn't the last one here and that wasn't the case but regardless this was bound to be fun, and at the very least there would be some very nice rocks to find, very nice indeed.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Sashabanner_zps6ws3nuhy.gif

"I'll cut you some slack, since you are taking me on the chance of a lifetime." Sasha smiles to the young scientist. While she wouldn't admit it, she probably would have jumped aboard this ship without pay. Not the smartest move of course, she's got to eat, but battling pirates, exploring a legendary island and the chance to see Mew? She couldn't pass that one up.

As Darwin turned to introduce himself to the ship mates, Sasha glanced over to their medical personnel. She's pretty nervous, huh? And who can blame her? "C'mon." She whispers to her Lucario and Glaceon as she subtly tilts her head in the woman's direction. She approaches, the two at her side, to Nana. "Excuse me." She smiles warmly as she reaches for her hat, which she slides off her head and holds at her side along with a sweeping bow. Riku, her Lucario, imitates her movements. "Welcome aboard, miss Nana. I'm Sasha Howlett, the team's guard."

She straightens herself back out, putting her hat back atop her head. "It's alright to be nervous, we're gearing up for a pretty big adventure." Although Sasha couldn't look more at home. "But you have my word, I won't let anything happen to you." There's a great deal of confidence in her tone, and it reflects in her eyes. "We're going to keep everyone on this ship safe." She looks down to Riku when she says we're. Both Sasha and Riku press an arm against their sides, fists clenched in enthusiasm. With Sasha's lower arm raised, the mega ring around her wrist is clearly visible.

"So...let's make this a story for the ages, okay?" She asks the young woman.

Last edited:

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
Years
Liucijia nodded at Darwin's question, "Of course! We're heading to Crimson Island to find some legends!" She said with a closed fist.
Then, a blue haired girl walked up and introduced herself. 'Another crew member...' Liucijia thought to herself as she stood there. Then a shy looking girl with obvious self-esteem problems (according to Liucijia) walked up and said she'd like to come along as a medic. Darwin reassured her and then left to go talk to the others on the boat.
Liucijia turned to Sasha and Nana, and liked the confidence Sasha seemed to radiate. Liucijia caught their attention, and smiled. "Now look, I gladly welcome you on my ship! But... this is my ship, and I expect you to trust my decisions. Otherwise then..." she said In a cold voice while looking at the sea and then the sky, "well, don't let that happen."
Liucijia then laughed, "Nah, I'm joking. I won't do anything bad to you two. I'm Captain Rose, and I am the owner of this fine vessel!" She gestured to the ship, "Just respect me and my ship, and we'll be fine. Let's have fun~"
Liucijia then noticed a girl with curly brown hair in the distance looking at them. "Oi! You need something little miss?" She called out to her.

Last edited:

DonDevious

Master of Nothingness
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
"No need to apologize!" Darwin said to the young man, "Not like we're currently out in the feild...." He chuckled. In the field....That was where HE tended to get into his own little world.
He then heard the shy woman tell him she was on board, as well as a newcomer. Smiling, he went and greeted the newcomer first. "I take it you're the geologist? It's good to have you! Hopefully we find that meteor on the island, eh?"
It was certainly getting lively.

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
She straightened out her yellow polo shirt as she seemed to garner some attention from those aboard the vessel, she was about to state she was a part of the trip when someone else greeted her with a recognized title. "Yes, hopefully!" she said as she made her way onto the ship, the Delcatty following behind her. Though it didn't take Snya long to start sniffing at the other pokemon, obviously curious to meet some new faces. "I'm Jenna Yarly, and this is my Delcatty, her name is Snya." she said as she introduced both herself and her pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Darwin smiled at the first sign that this expedition was really happening. "No time, eh? That's what I like to hear! Good to see you so enthusiastic, too!" He held out his hand to shake hands, "Darwin Charleston, but call me Darwin. Now, we should wait for the others here." He said matter-of-factly.
"I trust you know the full details of what we set out to do?"

Moderator message: Hello roleplayers! We're trying to keep In Character (IC) posts above 100 words in length in these forums, because experience has taught us that roleplays become more enjoyable for everyone in the end if they are paced well and when players put some thought into every post. There are already some posts here that fall a bit short of that limit. While once or twice occasionally isn't really a problem - sometimes there just isn't much to write about of course! - making a habit out of only typing out short, quick posts can make some players fall behind easily or make it difficult to follow what is really happening in the story.

I hope you want to try and put a little bit more effort into your posts, they don't really have to be much longer than 100 words if you do prefer to keep things short and quick, but we've seen that that seems to be a reasonable lower limit for putting decent substance into your roleplay text. Even my post here is already almost 200 words (;

Thank you for reading, and happy roleplaying!

ImMrRoboto

Years
Breathing a sigh of relief at Mr. Charleston's response, Jason decided to bring out his best friend, Houndoom, for some fresh air. He pulled out his poke ball and watched the white flash take the form of his Pokemon. Houndoom looked around, confused, taking in the new setting. After he settled down, Jason started scratching him on the underside of his chin.
"It's alright, boy." Jason reassured him, realizing that he hadn't brought out Houndoom since he got on the ship, so his partner's confusion was rather justified. "We're just on..." Jason thought for a moment. It was better to not tell him they were on a boat since Houndoom, like most fire types, was afraid of the ocean. "We're just on a work outing." He told him, given that it was technically true. He played around with Houndoom a little more before pulling his Pokeball back out. "Alright, buddy, you better get back in before we get in trouble." Jason said, putting his friend back into his Pokeball. He stood up and started wondering when they would leave and what would happen when they found the island.

If there were all of these legendary Pokemon on the island, then why hadn't anybody tried to get them before? It seems like the kind of thing researchers would have been all over long ago. There would have already been numerous expiditions like this one. The question was: What happened to them?

Years
Rosetta sprinted around a corner, huffing and red in the face, with Fable the Larvesta clinging to her ponytail for dear life. I'm late! I'm late! I'm so, so, so late! Gotta go, gotta run, gotta gogogogogo! She weaved through the crowd of Driftveil Market expertly, at one point even leaping over a young man bending to pick a coin up off the ground. As she arrived at the S.S. Grand Chariot, she nearly collided with a young woman and her Crobat. She just barely managed to stop in time, though not without yelling "Whoooaaaaaa!" Rosetta caught her breath for a moment, then said "I'm so sorry I almost crashed into you! I'm late for something very important, and I wasn't looking where I was going. Speaking of something important, could you point me to the S.S. Grand Chariot? I'm supposed to be meeting the crew there." As she was saying this, Fable crawled up her ponytail and sat on top of her head, watching Nana with intelligent eyes.

DonDevious

Master of Nothingness
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Darwin saw the last of his volunteers arrive, and his smile widened. Things were finally getting underway.
"Ah! I see we're all here!" He exclaimed, going to front of the ship, "Everyone gather round! Now, I hope your as excited for this trip as I am! All my years of research into the origin of Pokemon, I believe I may have located a vital clue, if not answers!" He clasped his hands together, "Until now, noone thought of Crimson Island as anything but a rough trade stop. It was never really explored. However! My research indicates that this island may be the same as the island spoken of in the legend of Arceus' resting place, as well as the rumored habitat of the mew discovered in ancient times! That's right! I believe they are one and the same! To add to the intrigue, a mysterious disaster recorded there was recently confirmed to be a meteorite! My now-colleagues....if my theory is correct, this could be an expedition for the ages!"
He spoke with such confidence, but Data seemed worried. Darwin had spoken a much better case when asking for funding, and was laughed at... He may now be giving his team second thoughts....

Years
Up till now, Baz had been out of sight and out of mind for the rest of the crew and their new companions, gathering supplies to restock the larder. He had just finished putting everything away and stopped at the doorway to his kitchen, listening to the Professor explain the purpose of their trip. Aipom and Pansear chattered to each other behind him, apparently having doubts about this whole thing.

"It may sound crazy, but think about it, guys." Baz turned to his simian friends. "I'm no scientist, but all legends are based in truth, right? I mean, why has no one else investigated the island? Perhaps the meteor causes interference, so instruments don't pick up anything, and people ignore it. Or, if a powerful Psychic type lives there, he set up a compulsion effect to deter people from entering. Or, just possibly, a being powerful enough to be seen as a deity would command a certain respect, and people stay away from the island to give it space. Over time, people forgot why they avoided it. And maybe it's all three, and no one else was lucky or crazy enough to believe in all three."

He had been explaining his thoughts to his Pokemon, not realizing that everyone else could hear him. When Pansear pointed to the others, who are now looking at him, he panicked slightly at all the attention. "Oh, uh... no offense meant. I didn't mean to call you crazy, Doc. I meant that... uh... others were crazy... to not... piece it together."

Back