• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: What happened to Zygarde?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Side note for everyone else, but there's also a neat reason to go for such an article - reader interest. You'd think that out of the recent Pokemon event distribution articles, people would be most interested in say the Darkrai event, or the shiny Xerneas/Yveltal event (only in the US, but that's still a large chunk of people). But no, the one most people are reaching by google - easily - is the Zygarde one. People may be super interested in an event for its other forms.

I feel some commentating is fine for this article. I guess obvious emphasis can be placed on the whole 'first games in a gen tend to get a third version/sequel, so XY probably will have this', coupled with the Zygarde reveal for the anime series - which has frequently been used as an advertising vehicle for the games. To then suddenly jump to a new generation with no indication of Zygarde's other forms is remarkable.

Bonus - I believe there's move data for two unused moves, as detailed here - and Zygarde is a sensible choice for these moves, ala Kyurem gaining moves in B2W2.

Also, relevant comic: https://img.ifcdn.com/images/5f87e4dd32b6c83e56e8c82c921b54af8df5e6d31f64c55a44cafde4f710f1e2_1.jpg (But I'd want to find the original version of this. All ones from a very quick google image search are all from some 'funny images' site which does not credit the artist. >:[).

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I'd wait until after the Sun/Moon-related announcements on the 10th before doing anything about this; if you start working on a "what happened to Zygarde?" article and then Zygarde gets announced for the new games then it'll look really silly and you'll have to re-think the whole thing.

Years
    Seconding what Alex said there. Timing is going to be important on this one and whilst I'd like to hear more and doubt Zygarde is going to be a part of the "big news" I think we should play it safe and wait until after the announcement, just in case.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Years
    I'd wait until after the Sun/Moon-related announcements on the 10th before doing anything about this; if you start working on a "what happened to Zygarde?" article and then Zygarde gets announced for the new games then it'll look really silly and you'll have to re-think the whole thing.

I second this, since I'd rather wait for official information if Zygarde is even going to have a role in these games, but given it's not a 7th Gen Pokemon I'm likely going to doubt it. Also, like Lycan said I have a feeling this news dropping tomorrow will likely be the 7th Gen mascot legendaries and starters, and I know that we had mascot legendaries and starters revealed in May during B/W's pre-release period so I'm likely seeing a news pattern similar to back then.

Anyways, an article about Zygarde will definitely get a lot of reader interest so this was a good idea on the Daily team's part.

Back