blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.6 Years
pokemon stars AND mario kart 8 switch !!

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku

Male
US
Seen February 8th, 2017
Posted January 25th, 2017
55 posts
3.6 Years
I'll be happy if there's no Pokemon games, honestly. Getting consoles on release is a pain both with availability and price and I'd be happy to wait a few months to a year.

Still, I hope their launch titles are good for the health of the console. The WiiU's poor launch library practically killed the console on its own.

EC

Just call me EC!

Age 28
Male
Youngstown, Ohio
Seen June 13th, 2020
Posted June 13th, 2020
5,489 posts
4.4 Years
$300 or less, pre-orderable ASAP on Amazon, is all I expect.

Desert Stream~

4 million years

Female
Seen June 8th, 2020
Posted June 24th, 2019
3,262 posts
4.7 Years
Well, if I get it anytime soon, I would have to pay for it myself, which would SERIOUSLY damage my quarter collection :/ Might have to wait even until the end of the year. But if they show pokemon, I'm getting it ASAP.
https://discord.gg/nqfg9UE Please join I need members ;_;

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
15,805 posts
12.4 Years
I'll be happy if there's no Pokemon games, honestly. Getting consoles on release is a pain both with availability and price and I'd be happy to wait a few months to a year.

Still, I hope their launch titles are good for the health of the console. The WiiU's poor launch library practically killed the console on its own.
There will be Pokemon titles for the Switch - just a case of what, and when. I don't mind a lack of main titles for it right now, but some spinoffs (e.g. Snap 2? Or much more unlikely, a Colosseum-esque title) would be great imo.

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku

Male
US
Seen February 8th, 2017
55 posts
3.6 Years
There will be Pokemon titles for the Switch - just a case of what, and when. I don't mind a lack of main titles for it right now, but some spinoffs (e.g. Snap 2? Or much more unlikely, a Colosseum-esque title) would be great imo.
Yeah I meant no Pokemon stuff tonight to put off inevitably having to buy the console. I avoided the WiiU but since there'll be mainline Pokemon games on the Switch eventually I'll need to buy it. The only side-title that'd get me to buy it would be a Mystery Dungeon or Colosseum game. A MD game might be possible this year since new Gen, but probably not as a launch title.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Seen April 28th, 2020
Posted April 28th, 2020
9,312 posts
7.6 Years
I'm hoping that they will fully unveil the specs of the Switch, and reveal some nice games on launch, and I'm hoping that region lock is no more, too. And even though I'm not sure if I'll watch the stream live atm, I'll still looking forward to what comes from that.

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
15,805 posts
12.4 Years
Z25 (and other Daily folk helping out) are updating an article with the info as we go btw: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2017/01/12/nintendo-switch-presentation-wrap/ Updated into the OP.

$300 in the US, March 3rd release in Japan/US/Parts of Europe/Other major places.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.6 Years
Really happy with that release date, right at the beginning of March!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy

Male
the town on no map
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
3,319 posts
11.5 Years
Was not expecting that early release date. I'm excited for Xenoblade 2 (just gotta fix that framerate) and the new Megaten game too. Mario Odyssey looks beautiful as well. Unfortunately, it looks like Zelda is the only launch title of the big named games.

No More Heroes is coming back too.

Also, region free. :)

machomuu

Lilybilly

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 45 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10,443 posts
12.3 Years
Pretty happy with the details so far (if a bit iffy on the paid online's but at the cost of region-free I don't mind at all), but these game announcements were the true heroes. Fire Emblems Warriors, the freshest Mario I've seen in a while, Xenoblade 2, and that sexy looking SE game.

Not bad, though. They went about this the right way.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.

machomuu

Lilybilly

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 45 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10,443 posts
12.3 Years
That Breath of the Wild trailer was pretty intense.

Zelda is the only confirmed launch title, right?
To my knowledge, though I imagine we'll be getting a few more confirmations in the coming days. I'd be surprised if the two PoC titles they showcased weren't launch titles.

BTW, anyone notice that Disgaea 5's gonna be on there? That blows my mind, we haven't had a Disgaea title on a Nintendo console since Disgaea DS, and to think we'd see one on a Nintendo home (ish?) console all these years later...

...oh boy,times are a changin
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku

Male
US
Seen February 8th, 2017
55 posts
3.6 Years
I have mixed feelings.

On one hand, everything about the console itself looks solid so far. Still waiting on specs and performance reviews though. For things like Skyrim (which runs terribly on gaming PCs that cost much more than 300USD) and even LoZ that's going to be crucial.

On the other hand, I can't tell if Nintendo is going to fall flat with their launch lineup or not. Only 2 games so far, but they are about the two best games to system sell. A party game that'll draw in the family Wii audience, and Breath of the Wild which is one of their most successful franchises. Mario not coming until the end of the year is bad though. If they'd had 1 2 Switch, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild (and maybe Minecraft, Skyrim, and Arms) they would have had an amazing lineup that'd probably have made the Switch one of the best selling consoles on start.

I really hope March doesn't come around and leave everyone looking around and asking "where are the games?"
Male
Over thar
Seen April 17th, 2020
Posted January 25th, 2018
1,479 posts
11.7 Years
My main question after all of that is "But what IS the Shin Megami Tensei game?" Is it V? A remake(or remakes)? Strange Journey 2? Yet another sequel to IV? Something else entirely? I NEED ANSWERS, ATLUS.

Also with paid online being a thing I'm reeeeeeally hoping they don't put any main series Pokemon games on the Switch, although if they do then at least I'll be able to finish them without getting distracted.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen April 9th, 2020
Posted July 26th, 2019
35,953 posts
14.7 Years
EB Games Australia is insane with their price estimate, but given US pricing I'm assuming it'll be ~500 at most. Putting down pre-order now because if the Nintendo NES (I think that's what it was called?) is any indication then they'll cut off pre-orders within 48 hours due to interest and not enough consoles imo. At least if I'm one of the first it'll make me one of the first to get it if it has to be on order of when it was ordered... if that makes sense lol

Looking forward to the Zelda game but idrc about anything else. Never played Splatoon (never had wii u) so I'm fine not jumping on that. Gonna split getting it with bf... at least until it gets cheaper lol

Sylphiel

Between your fantasy and my reality
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted May 9th, 2020
13,118 posts
15.7 Years
Welp.

It's definitely going to be a matter of when I can get a Switch, not if.

Not too excited with the lineup so far (although Zelda!!!), but does look promising. I want.
(I mean, it would still probably get more use than the PS4 sitting here ever did in terms of games, hah.)

Klippy

L E G E N D of

Age 28
Male
Disneyland
Seen April 13th, 2020
Posted May 16th, 2019
16,382 posts
14.6 Years
I already own MK8 and its DLC, I own Skyrim twice, and really little else shown superbly appealed to me. Splatoon 2 is...decent, but I was never good at the first and lost interest after a time. :/

Fire Emblem, Odyssey, and Breath are all that appeal to me. Odyssey looks fantastic, as does Breath, but neither are enough to get me to buy the console I'm sad to say.

TCB

Tranquilo.

Age 26
Male
New York City, USA
Seen August 16th, 2019
Posted February 21st, 2019
588 posts
10.4 Years
Unlike others I'm not that fussed about the price...but that doesn't personally justify worth getting it day one either. Zelda looked fantastic, but looking at its launch lineup it's gonna steer the maiden voyage until Spla2oon and then Super Mario Odyssey. In a way, I'm getting flashbacks to the original Nintendo 3DS line up of 2011. Nothing too bad, and could have been a lot worse if BotW wasn't available at launch.

The power consumption is definitely something to note; 2 on highest settings and up to 6 on lowest? I really don't see this be much of a portable juggernaut for people all the time if that's the case. Still, playing the aforementioned titles on the go is a plus in some respects. Hopefully later down the line the go back and improve on this aspect. It'll suck if this becomes a major complaint about the Switch during its lifespan.

TCB

Tranquilo.

Age 26
Male
New York City, USA
Seen August 16th, 2019
Posted February 21st, 2019
588 posts
10.4 Years
It's interesting how the Switch apparently has slightly worse battery life than the New 3DS. I hope for the sake of those who plan on playing it on the go more that third party manufacturers develop something akin to a Power Pack of some sort to provide some extra juice, although I'm not sure how that's going to fit on the Switch.
I hope so too, but like you said we don't really know how it would physically attach for on the go purposes.