blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,059 posts
13.3 Years
you wanted a challenge? you got one! try out this pokémon cries quiz and post your results if you wish.

http://pokecries.com/

bonus points for choosing the blind option of course.

Nah

Age 28
Female
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
14,685 posts
7.5 Years
jeez blind is a lot harder than I thought it would be...
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Radiating

Male
United States
Seen March 7th, 2021
Posted December 21st, 2018
5,787 posts
4.3 Years
I thought this would be a piece of cake...I never noticed how many pokemon had similar cries.

Inteleon

Secret Agent Pokémon

Non-binary
Seen January 10th, 2020
Posted November 29th, 2019
1,585 posts
7.7 Years
Sometimes I'm confused with Gen3 cries for Vigroth with another pokemon or I have forgotten the 3rd gen already haha the blind mode isn't easy as it looks.

♥Pair: Starrywindy♥ Travel Log

Flowerchild

→ oh my

Age 22
She/Her
Hyperspace
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
8,245 posts
11 Years
i tried blind + insane first and obviously failed instantly. now I've been playing on some easier difficulties.

btw, this made me realize how much better/clearer the cries have gotten. most of the gen 1-3 cries sound like the same low-quality CG sound effect, whereas the gen 4+ ones are a lot nicer sounding. If you're not playing on blind and you have a Gen 1-3 Pokémon and a Gen 4+ Pokémon to choose from, the sound quality is a big hint imo.
PairFamilyCredit

Flowerchild

→ please do not feed the ducks

Age 22
She/Her
Hyperspace
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
8,245 posts
11 Years
I gave it a try with the timer on this time! Got to 31 on Normal with all generations. I'd definitely recommend trying with the timer mode, it's a lot more stressful ahha. I may try a few more times! might be fun to get better at this.
PairFamilyCredit

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,059 posts
13.3 Years
attempted the blind option and failed miserably lmao. changed it to the timer mode w/ hard difficulty and got up to 151!

Aslan

the pretender

she/her
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
2,800 posts
8.2 Years
I got to 154 on normal timer mode with all six generations! It was cool that I knew a lot of the cries even though I haven't played a Pokemon game in a while. I kept confusing Regirock's cry with a lot of other Pokemon though, even after hearing the same cry 2 or 3 times. :(
beneath the skin

Flowerchild

→ manifest

Age 22
She/Her
Hyperspace
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
8,245 posts
11 Years
I got to 154 on normal timer mode with all six generations! It was cool that I knew a lot of the cries even though I haven't played a Pokemon game in a while. I kept confusing Regirock's cry with a lot of other Pokemon though, even after hearing the same cry 2 or 3 times. :(
Nice! That's a lot further than I got sadly. The Regis can be kinda confusing a lot of the time it's true.
PairFamilyCredit

Juno

jordan x casey x vera

Age 26
Female
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
4,381 posts
7.5 Years
I have a much greater appreciation for cries now tbh - on the non-blind modes, it was actually really easy to guess which cry belonged to which Pokémon just by listening and matching the sound to the appearance of the Pokémon. Some cries are pretty generic and it's difficult to guess so some of it was memory for me, but for the most part I think they just did a great job of designing cries to match Pokémon.