• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Game Freak Posts Job Listing For A 3ds RPG

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • This could be either three things:

- the third version/sequel/whatever of Pokémon SM
    - A new Pokémon Mystery Dungeons game
    - A new IP from Game Freak

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Most likely a new Pokémon game. It doesn't surprise me that this is for the 3DS considering we're in the middle of a generation, and due to the fact that they've just released a new 2DS model which will see continued support/lifetime of the 2DS & 3DS through until 2018.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Oho. Fingers crossed for a third 7th gen game. Or maybe...diamond/pearl remake? Or is that too soon?

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    If it's for a core title, it's basically confirming diamond/pearl remakes. Because ever since gen.3, they've used the tech they make for a new generation for a remake of a corresponding older generation. And with the 3ds tech being so dated, using the 7th gen overworld/battle format to remake dppt seems like the perfect way to make a swan song for the 3ds without breaking the bank.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    If it's for a core title, it's basically confirming diamond/pearl remakes. Because ever since gen.3, they've used the tech they make for a new generation for a remake of a corresponding older generation. And with the 3ds tech being so dated, using the 7th gen overworld/battle format to remake dppt seems like the perfect way to make a swan song for the 3ds without breaking the bank.

It's to soon though for DP remakes. You could still play them on your 3ds and for that reason alone I can't see it happening. It's a third game or maybe something unexpected if anything imo. Although it sounds likely to be Pokemon. GF usually will only put their non Pokemon games on different consoles than Nintendo's.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    It's to soon though for DP remakes. You could still play them on your 3ds and for that reason alone I can't see it happening. It's a third game or maybe something unexpected if anything imo. Although it sounds likely to be Pokemon. GF usually will only put their non Pokemon games on different consoles than Nintendo's.

The ability to play 4th gen on a 3ds is a fair point. It's just a tough scenario imo. Because personally I don't think there is much interest in a slightly different 7th gen game on the 3ds at this point(with the hardware being so dated). At the same time, I can't see them starting the pokemon franchise on the switch(and thus a new engine), with remakes.

So personally I'd think just doing the remakes now, and saving the big graphical jump on the switch for gen.8, would be the best way to maximize their bang for their buck.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The ability to play 4th gen on a 3ds is a fair point. It's just a tough scenario imo. Because personally I don't think there is much interest in a slightly different 7th gen game on the 3ds at this point(with the hardware being so dated). At the same time, I can't see them starting the pokemon franchise on the switch(and thus a new engine), with remakes.

So personally I'd think just doing the remakes now, and saving the big graphical jump on the switch for gen.8, would be the best way to maximize their bang for their buck.

Fair points, it is an odd situation. Unless they really switch up the next game, then maybe it would work out. We will just have to wait and see I suppose.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Fair points, it is an odd situation. Unless they really switch up the next game, then maybe it would work out. We will just have to wait and see I suppose.

Yep. Also something that I just remembered that's worth mentioning, is that you could play the original red/blue/yellow on a Gameboy advance, and yet they still made the FRLG remakes. So that might not be as big of an issue as originally thought.

Reactions: Z25
    Back