Alex N

Lead Developer, Pokémon: The Keepers of Order

Male
Seen May 12th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
22 posts
284 Days

Introduction

Welcome to Pokémon: The Keepers of Order, a free Pokémon fangame made in RPG Maker XP using Pokémon Essentials. Featuring 151 brand-new Pokémon, the game is set in the expansive region of Bio Daetera, where a young Pokémon trainer traverses the land and uncovers its deepest secrets. The game runs about 6 hours long (not counting the postgame), and is currently only available in English. The game runs on Windows, with a Mac version in the works currently. If you have any questions, or would like to report any bugs, please send an email to keepers.of.order.001@gmail.com.

Story

Many years ago, according to legend, a great storm caused by a creature of unparalleled power put life on Bio Daetera at risk. A young man named Titus, however, saved the land by teaming up with Jettic and Lunera, known as the Keepers of Order. These two Pokemon are supposedly the only means to both summon and resist the legendary Chiaros, itself a synthesis of Jettic and Lunera's dark and light energies. After his grand triumph, Titus was coronated as king, while the Keepers of Order were stowed away in Yin Yang Forest.

Recently, Jettic and Lunera have gone missing from the forest, sending everyone into a frenzy of fear and division. Two distinct groups, GenComm Cobalt, led by King Titus, and GenComm Argon, led by Prince Nathan, are pitted directly against each other. As tensions escalate, Prince Nathan and Argon contemplate the controversial option of summoning Chiaros. Though King Titus tries to temper his son's dangerous vision, it seems as if Nathan will either accomplish his dream or die trying.

An aspiring Pokémon trainer from Nisi Island, you find yourself caught between both sides, empathizing with Nathan at one moment, and trying to defeat him the next. The journey to find the Keepers of Order soon becomes a story about dreams, a battle between stasis and change, and a quest for perfection — if it even exists.

Features

Discover 151 entirely new Pokémon endemic to Bio Daetera, a region with modernized cities, rustic towns, flowery plains, and arduous mountains alike.

A short game length (approximately 6 hours, excluding the postgame) enables for a quick playthrough, possibly all in a single sitting.

Higher experience rates mean less time spent level grinding.

A number of postgame sidequests allow for continued adventure even after completing the game.

Screenshots

Download & Links

Download File (v1.0.1)
Download Instructions
Wiki Home Page
Pokédex

Credits

Pokémon: The Keepers of Order
2016-2018

Project Developer, Game Director, Art Director, Writer: Alex N

RPG Maker XP: Enterbrain

Pokémon Essentials: Flameguru, Poccil, Maruno, and all other contributors

Elite Battle System: Luka S.J.

Tiles & Misc Graphics: KyleDove, Phyromatical, WesleyFG, Magiscarf, Shiney570, ChaoticCherryCake, Alucus, Flurmimons, Gallanty, Ditto209, Akizakura16, PhoenixofLight92

Video Tutorials: Thundaga, Atomic Reactor, Dylanrockin, II Colour Spectrum

The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, and Game Freak

Alex N

Male
Seen May 12th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
22 posts
284 Days
i found a Crystal in a cave but i don.t know what else i am suppose to do
After you find the crystal, head back on Ozen Passage until you reach the boat on the west side of the route and talk to King Titus.

Alex N

Male
Seen May 12th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
22 posts
284 Days
The game sounds amazing and the screenshots make it look great but I'm having trouble getting it to start.
Thanks! Did you try clicking on the Download Instructions link? Feel free to send me a personal message if you’re still lost after that.

Alex N

Male
Seen May 12th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
22 posts
284 Days
Just added links to the Pokédex, outlining all 151 original Pokémon that appear in the game, as well as to the Wiki Home Page, which links out to a complete game walkthrough and detailed pages on locations, characters, and more. Super thankful for everyone who has checked out and supported this thread!

Inner Rhymes

Male
India.
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
569 posts
2.1 Years
I normally avoid Fakemon with the exception of Vega,but this actually looks like it's worth spin! Thank you for sharing this with us!
Track Number 2 of my debut Mixtape, Venting Session Vol.1:
What's it like - https://youtu.be/Qxs6shEpHIo
A lot of emotions, thought and a bit of nostalgia went into the making of this particular track on the Mixtape.

Lucious130

Beginner

Male
Seen February 20th, 2019
Posted February 20th, 2019
2 posts
10 Years
Hey there seems to be an encounter in draggo canyon that is crashing the game, its not dracub and you can use repels to move past the cave but then i think a trainer has the problem pokemon because he also crashes the game. Thankfully this doesnt seem to be part of the story but i still like exploring and completing the dex
5199 3776 0154

ou - 3-2
uu - 0-0

Alex N

Male
Seen May 12th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
22 posts
284 Days
Unfortunately encountered the same problem with a trainer in the ice area. This time she is blocking progress of the story. Unfortunately i dont think you can complete the game because of this
The encounters you are referring to involve the dragon variants of Dimskull and Grinder. When testing their encounters from the unencrypted copy of the game, there didn’t appear to be any issues. Yet when I did the same for the encrypted version (the one that is released to the public) I encountered the same problem you were describing. It seems that the game file loses the data for different forms upon encryption if the battlers folder is also encrypted.

Thanks for alerting me to this problem. I will let you know when I have made the update (probably over the weekend) and I wish you the best of luck!

Alex N

Male
Seen May 12th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
22 posts
284 Days
Version 1.0.1 is up and running!!! The Pokédex now functions properly, as do encounters with Dimskull and Grinder's dragon variants. Your old save file will still be compatible with the new version provided that you open the game from the v1.0.1 folder.

Alex N

Male
Seen May 12th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
22 posts
284 Days
graphics folder not downloading
The graphics folder is embedded within the encrypted file and is not publicly available. The entire game now functions properly in v1.0.1 (see link in main post) now that I have re-added the data folder.

Alex N

Male
Seen May 12th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
22 posts
284 Days
Unfortunately encountered the same problem with a trainer in the ice area. This time she is blocking progress of the story. Unfortunately i dont think you can complete the game because of this
Fixed in v1.0.1 (see link in main post). Thanks for pointing this out!

emeraldgaming4

Male
Hau'oli Outskirts
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
30 posts
107 Days
This looks pretty promising. I think I'll try it out on Twitch! (Same username) But it'll be at least a week before because I'm going on a family trip for a week, and I don't have a laptop, plus, *FAMILY TRIP*
I love Litten but don't like Incineror, but honestly who does?
I love to try out completed Fan Games. (I don't like to play games until they're completed unless I'm utterly amazed and have to check it out, but I still follow them, and not normally Fan Games because they take up lots of space) Currently I am supporting these ROM Hacks in development:

Pokemon Cosmos (no beta/alpha), Pokemon Ancient Ruby and Ancient Sapphire, Pokemon Black Redux, Pokemon Moon Black 2, Pokemon Heart Red,
Pokemon Orange Islands, Pokemon Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2 (no beta/alpha), Pokemon Saiph, Pokemon Ancient Platinum (no beta/alpha), Pokemon Saffron, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Advance (no beta/alpha), Pokemon Brick Bronze Remake (Fan Game)

I'm also really excited for Loomian Legacy over on ROBLOX, which is made by the developers of Pokemon Brick Bronze, which got shut down because copyright and also the fact that they were profiting from it. Loomian Legacy probably follows a similar story but with vastly different elements that have been revealed! It will be releasing PROBABLY in the next month or two.
also i have a twitch with the same username as the one for pokecommunity becuase "I'm too lazy to draw a purple penguin and make logos and crap"

Alex N

Male
Seen May 12th, 2019
Posted May 11th, 2019
22 posts
284 Days
This looks pretty promising. I think I'll try it out on Twitch! (Same username) But it'll be at least a week before because I'm going on a family trip for a week, and I don't have a laptop, plus, *FAMILY TRIP*
I’m looking forward to it, hope you enjoy the game as well as your trip!

MavenTrainer

PokeTuber

Female
Canada
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
20 posts
78 Days
Hey there! Thanks for making this awesome game. Im really enjoying it so far and cant wait to see what the story is here! My favorite character so far is the king. I ended up choosing Finlet.

I made a play through of your game! Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzmPRN7jdNw

Thanks again for making this game, its really fun and looks like perfection.
Im gonna make another episode asap. This story is very good, kind of addicting to see what happens next. You have an awesome map concept also! I love the bridge idea in the third city. Palace looks great.

MavenTrainer

PokeTuber

Female
Canada
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
20 posts
78 Days
Hello Alex N! I just finished your game and I was so sad it had to end. Great job on the story and character development! Im actually really looking forward to seeing a future sequel to this as I thought it would be a cool idea to see Bio Daetera develop more over the years and have 8 gyms.

It breaks my heart to have it end this quickly as I gained a special place in my heart for the team I have. I will be completing an "extras" episode for this one also so I can travel around the rest of the end game quests. Thanks again for the effort. I will always remember the sweet smile of the king :) I hope to see it again. I have a play list on my channel for it to make things easier to navigate.

What a great story and once again I'll mention I'm looking forward to a sequel if you ever start one.

Thanks again ~

Link in signature for youtube channel : maven trainer
If anyone wants me to play their game just ask. I'll play like anything related to this forum or relic castle. :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxKpRKuFSrW0KfL_hiaFIrw

My Youtube channel ^
A place for Fan Games and Fan Games only :D

WITH A HINT OF THE OFFICIAL GAMES...
and a hint of some focused extras...

PokeMMO anyone?
Advertiser Content