Advertiser Content

Released Pokemon Sacred Johto [Demo 3]

Started by ArchyTheArc October 28th, 2018 11:52 PM
  • 167 replies
  • Public Poll

Which Shiny Should Omega Pidgey get? (https://twitter.com/ArchyArcanine/status/1065566101885603840)

• 0%
  • 100.00%
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 2nd, 2019
136 posts
2.2 Years

Overview
Pokemon Sacred Johto tries to find a balance between a more casual level of difficulty and
at times, a hard difficulty, with key fights being challenging for the best of players, or atleast we aim
for it to be this way.

The team Behind Sacred Johto Is mainly done by ArchyTheArc (Me) but at times we've had spriters
and composers helping, but real life issues caused them to move on. However The game has been
mostly constantly developing since early 2017.

Sacred Johto and our team dont make any profit from development or the game. We never intent
to change this in the future.

Download Links:
V0.4 is now out to the public!

Main file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BCOgFobLT4DiUjNaa5cV_P0cTKOmipp2
Patch files;
Main Patch file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LkirnsQvp5iZjREeJ-4L1JbizmtwS3CY
Audio file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UMnrmMOePXTWNVxrw1OErotaPSWYDGSx
Trainers file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=156TbYHIi46KZvDTisvkwDfb3A4-lM8-m

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Omega Bergmite and Omega Avalugg got remade
Omega Quilava Volcano and Omega Tyhlosion-Volcano were redone/added
Omega fletchling line added
Omega Gible Line added
Omega Quagsire, Omega Scolipede and omega Krookodile added
Mega Omega Pidgeot added
Birthday Tokens/event added (One token is obtainable as a mystery gift right now!)
Starter Shinies added
All available Omega Cries added
Shiny Icon sprites removed
Zygarde feature and zygarde 10% and 50% added
All gen 6 shinies added/fixed
Mostly Custom Egg sprites
IV's,EVs and Hidden Power Screen
PWT (Pokemon World Tournament
Wondertrade re-implemented
CVS (Competitive Virtual Space)
Pokemon Amie
Mail slot is now the mega stone slot
PokeID now works
Gen 6 moves and abilities (renamed)
Seasons
Pokeride
Pseudo Flying
Underwater
league missions (2 available)
New Pokegear Features (storage viewer, games (aka virtual game corner), guidebook and more)
Articuno Battle And Union Cave
loads of fixes to duplicate files
baits and lures
nerf of the shiny rate
gym selection limit
Added reflections to water (dive water has none yet)
Fix fly (wont crash the game and actually works now)
Removed Debug NPC's

Story

The game, as it name intales, starts in the johto region, again, in New Bark Town. After your 15th
birthday your Mother felt you were mature enought to become a gymleader following in the
footsteps of your father, Ethan.

You'll get a choice of 6 starters; the typical johto starters: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile and Azurill,
Togepi and Pichu.

A group fo hoodlums has slowly been getting worse, being known as Team Valita. The League
however doesn't see them as a concern and just a small menace to individuals.

The story starts just over 15 years after Heart Gold and Soul Silver left us off in johto. The time
between then is explained in the introduction of the game, and would be long to go into now.

In the main story, Johto, Kanto and Sinnoh will be explored, with Seveii as a side region and maybe
other side regions you'll discover!

Features

Story
Spoiler:

-A Darker story from Official games, but not Overbaringly Dark.
-Sidequests
-interactable items all over the place, the ground on people, on pokemon, everywhere!
-Tie-ins and continuations of Official game stories/characters.

Characters
Spoiler:

Valor, The Male Protagonist and son of Ethan

Verity, The Female Protagonist and daughter of Ethan

Professor Blackthorn, Professor of New bark town.

Sinio, Leadership and teamwork expert.

Aidan, Evolution Expert

Albert, Battle Expert

Taela, Environment and Habitat Expert

Graphics and Resources
Spoiler:

-Overworld is in a gen 4 theme and the battles being a animated gen 5 style.
-Custom and Free-Use-With-Credit tiles and sprites.

Gameplay Mechanics
Spoiler:

-Following Pokemon
-Type Chart adjustments, Normal typing now is strong against psychic and fairy,
-Turbo mode/button.
-Multiple Saves feature.
-Mystery Gifts.
-Pokemon World Tournament.
-Offline Wondertrade.
-Underground and Mining.

POKÉMON
Spoiler:

Pokemon Changes/additions
Spoiler:

-Two different Versions with only some differences.
-Complete dex availability (other than versions) upto gen 6.
-Official and Custom Mega Evolutions.
-Omega pokemon and Delta pokemon, Similiar to Alolan Forms-- many added and planned!
-Buff and balances to pokemon! (including typings abilities etc.)
-Armored Pokemon!

Omega/deltas and more (Spoilers?)
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

(Not complete, still compiling all of them but
these are most of the need to be credited people)

-Luka S.J-
Modular Menu
EBS
Other EBS credits:
-Pokecheck.org
-Dragonnite
-Tebited15
-Sprites-Resource (redblueyellow)

-Eli

-Lilatraube

-BadSamaritan

-AceRidley406

-Mej71- Follower Script
other credits for the Follower Script:
-Help-14
-Zingzags
-Rayd12smitty
-venom12

-KleinStudios- Many Scripts!
Map connection overlap Fix
Footprints Script
In-Field Animation Fix
Shadows Script
Water Bubbles Script
Phenomenos

-Pia Carrot- Turbo Speed Script

-Shiney570-
-Starter Selection Script

-FL-
Simple HUD Optimized
-Deo-Improved day-night lighting

-Camero-Major Error Fixer

-You for reading this far!

Contact
Most updates happen on my twitter: https://twitter.com/ArchyArcanine
To shoot me an email, use this: Cyrostic@gmail.com
If you want to help, a recruitment Thread
has been set up!
Also head to our reset up Discord

Male
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
89 posts
3.8 Years
Demo 2 is out and upto gym 4 in johto, demo 3 will be out soon with 1 new johto gym and upto the first seveii gym. So atleast some playtime there!
Awesome! :) I'll give my thoughts on it once I get a decent way in. Johto is my favorite region so I for sure know I'll enjoy the game.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 2nd, 2019
136 posts
2.2 Years
is this pure luck or all cyndaquils are shiny?
https://imgur.com/a/dDy4bme
Shiny chances are raised, you just got more lucky xP

awww yea a game with delta pokemon, exactly what i was looking for ´v`
Yea, like the concept from insurgence and wanted to expand on it.

TailsMK4

Age 28
Male
Texas
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
421 posts
1 Years
Well, this definitely sounds ambitious, best of luck to you to keep this up all the way! Being a huge fan of the Marill line, Azurill will definitely be my starter, but as we now can choose to have baby Pokemon as starters, when would be the earliest a trainer could get the Soothe Bell? Even if we do not get it right away, I can just take my time and wait for it to evolve maybe some time prior to the first gym (if the gym leader is who I think it is, a certain move that Marill, but not Azurill, can learn will be VERY helpful).
Current VPP: --------------- Fire Type Emblem Character: Coral
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 2nd, 2019
136 posts
2.2 Years
Well, this definitely sounds ambitious, best of luck to you to keep this up all the way! Being a huge fan of the Marill line, Azurill will definitely be my starter, but as we now can choose to have baby Pokemon as starters, when would be the earliest a trainer could get the Soothe Bell? Even if we do not get it right away, I can just take my time and wait for it to evolve maybe some time prior to the first gym (if the gym leader is who I think it is, a certain move that Marill, but not Azurill, can learn will be VERY helpful).
Well not added the Soothe Bell but it would be best to have it early for those mons, and from my testing starting with azurill is a challenge (till it evolves) mainly as it cant last long xP

TailsMK4

Age 28
Male
Texas
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
421 posts
1 Years
from my testing starting with azurill is a challenge (till it evolves) mainly as it cant last long xP
I've played other games where Azurill can be obtained early (Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2), so I do see where you're coming from there, but the way I see things, I welcome any kind of challenge. The game as of this post has just finished being downloaded and extracted, so I'm about to start it up. Looking forward to seeing what's been made so far.

EDIT: Got this upon trying to run:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Compiler:4031:in `chdir'
Compiler:4031:in `pbImportNewMaps'
Compiler:4184

Inner Rhymes

Male
India.
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
569 posts
2.1 Years
I'm really happy to see a twist that's taking place in the johto region. So tired of all the remakes that have been around in the Pokemon essential and hack roms sphere.
Track Number 2 of my debut Mixtape, Venting Session Vol.1:
What's it like - https://youtu.be/Qxs6shEpHIo
A lot of emotions, thought and a bit of nostalgia went into the making of this particular track on the Mixtape.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 2nd, 2019
136 posts
2.2 Years
I'm really happy to see a twist that's taking place in the johto region. So tired of all the remakes that have been around in the Pokemon essential and hack roms sphere.
Thanks! and yea some do just seem to be remakes but each to their own, i cant comment on their quality or level of care when making them.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 2nd, 2019
136 posts
2.2 Years
I've played other games where Azurill can be obtained early (Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2), so I do see where you're coming from there, but the way I see things, I welcome any kind of challenge. The game as of this post has just finished being downloaded and extracted, so I'm about to start it up. Looking forward to seeing what's been made so far.

EDIT: Got this upon trying to run:

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Compiler:4031:in `chdir'
Compiler:4031:in `pbImportNewMaps'
Compiler:4184
Is the patch file, which you also need right now downloaded and is the data file replaced? that might be it ^^

TailsMK4

Age 28
Male
Texas
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
421 posts
1 Years
Is the patch file, which you also need right now downloaded and is the data file replaced? that might be it ^^
The original download did not have a .rgssad file, but I got a .rgssad from the patch link, so I just placed it in the same folder as the game. There was nothing else in the patch besides the .rgssad file. I also had to do some renaming to get rid of the "failed to load script" error.

TailsMK4

Age 28
Male
Texas
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
421 posts
1 Years
Oh okay good ^^; luckily it was an easy fix
Got to the point where the game started, I saved and then took a step to see what the crash was about...seems like some variable isn't getting initialized like it should. Upon trying to relaunch the game after saving, though, I get this error:

Pokemon: Sacred Johto
Script 'Sprite_Resizer' line 20: TypeError occurred.

no implicit conversion from nil to integer

And I cannot continue the game from here. It seems this game does not support the XL size, which is sad for me as even L size is a little on the small side, but the game does launch properly with the L size enabled.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 2nd, 2019
136 posts
2.2 Years
Got to the point where the game started, I saved and then took a step to see what the crash was about...seems like some variable isn't getting initialized like it should. Upon trying to relaunch the game after saving, though, I get this error:

And I cannot continue the game from here. It seems this game does not support the XL size, which is sad for me as even L size is a little on the small side, but the game does launch properly with the L size enabled.
Thats an issue with the game. it requires to save first and after crashing/restarting it should work after
or jsut soft-resetting the game after saving with f12
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 2nd, 2019
136 posts
2.2 Years

Oh XL size, yea that breaks the game, need to get around to removing it, no idea why its there, really sorry about that ^^
Advertiser Content