• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] (Open World) Pokémon Return To Blaze And Blades Demo

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
4oOClXM.png

-Introduction-
An open world Pokémon game using Gen 3 GBA graphics, but having Gen 8 Pokémon and mechanics. The overworld map alone is 250,000 tiles (500x500). Towns are arranged around the starting town. First four badges are in the closest towns and last four badges are in the furthest away towns. The game is loosely based on the original Red, Blue, and Green games.

There is limited leveling in the game, only three levels (more information below). The player must advance through the game by catching or evolving better Pokémon enabling them to take harder and harder quests traveling further from towns and eventually catch Legendary Pokémon. The player will also collect Heartscales and TMs to teach powerful moves to your Pokémon. Heartscales are scattered around the world, but are still fairly rare, and many Pokémon have a small chance of holding one when caught. TMs and battle items are mainly gained through quests.

I am a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls and Fallout. This is my attempt at combining Pokémon with a quest style open world game with a little bit of Dark Souls thrown in. I believe this game has good potential and would love any help and/or advice. I have been using Pokémon Essentials to learn programming in a fun way so I can create my own games. Huge thanks to PokeCommunity.com and it's incredible members for all the amazing scripts. Without them this game wouldn't be even half of what it is! Check out the credits if you want to use some of the features in this game.

Demo includes 8 gyms and elite four. This is a non-profit fan-made game. Please support the official games!

Overworld Pokemon Update for 0.4.0 - Biggest Update Yet!
- Overworld Pokemon just like Sword/Shield and Legends
- Bigger Map! Now twice as big being 250,000 tiles.
- Fast Forward Added
- Ported to the new v20.1 Engine
Land Of The Lost Update for 0.3.9.1 - Added a new zone to catch dinosaur-like pokemon and ancient pokemon through the ruins in Vermillion City.
Plugins Update for 0.3.8 - Removed all alterations from Pokemon Essentials 19.1 and created Plugins for all changes. No new features.
More Pokemon Update 0.3.7 - Added safari zone, cinnabar mansion, power plants, cat breeder, and fossil seller.
Poke Rides Update 0.3.6 - Poke Rides has been added back into the game and it now includes flight masters in each city to fly from one to another. Unfortunately a player controlled flying Pokemon is not yet ready. Many, many bug fixes.

-Tools Used-
Spoiler:

-Screenshots-
Spoiler:

-Maps-
Spoiler:

-Main Features-
Spoiler:

-No Leveling-
Spoiler:

-Gyms-
Spoiler:

-Rival-
Spoiler:

-Wild Pokemon Locations-
Spoiler:

-Downloads-
Spoiler:

-Credits-
Spoiler:

Attachments

• JournalScreenshot.PNG
    JournalScreenshot.PNG
    48.3 KB · Views: 151
  • MenuScreenshot.PNG
    MenuScreenshot.PNG
    41.3 KB · Views: 182
  • PokeRide.gif
    PokeRide.gif
    12.2 MB · Views: 149
  • PokeRide2.gif
    PokeRide2.gif
    8.3 MB · Views: 109
  • Flygon.gif
    Flygon.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
added screenshots, fixed videos, and cleared up some of the text.

And mysticcharizard, I would love to see what ideas you have for a plot. I am open to pretty much anything at this point. I have put the least amount of work into plot. lol Check out my vague idea above to see what I was thinking.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Good luck, seems an awesome idea for a pokemon game and Ill be waiting for a demo of this game ;)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 30, 2019
I personally like the secondary features and the open world. I personally enjoy most of the ideas since their really cool concepts. It does make it feel like less of a static experience and I agree with that, but the difficulty spike I think will discourage most players. When starting a game most players will get their first impression quickly. If this is just a hard game with that's challenging it's different, but starting with only a rattata might feel unfair to most and it might be more of a hindrance also taking away the leveling aspect would make it kind of dull in my opinion since that is a base for every pokemon game.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Dont like it we will start with rattata its not only we wil lose the first battle but its not fair and can be to hard there is reason why there are starters since they are stronger and not haveing a normal effct on any type if you want hard make it least with pokemon who eventualy evolveing to useful pokemon

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
If you are doing this with no levels trying to work on a skill tree might be good, however I dunno if thats possible to build in the game. But something to improve damage of one kind, being better at defense/attack, better with catch rates, etc etc would be awesome, so everyone could create is unique character.
If skill tree is not your thing or not possible to create then you can try to add equipments like RPG (again, not sure if is possible or too hard to do).

I really like the idea of having to look for better pokemons, but everyone have that favorite pokemon, so you could create items (equipment or one use only like carbos/iron/etc etc) to improve that pokemon (like you have in the normal games) so you dont have to ditch a pokemon from time to time (again, the skill tree or character equipment helps with this)

Until 12th of this month Ill be really busy but after that I can give/write some ideas for side quests if you still need help.

One question (maybe you say this one in your videos): the map you travel by flying in the video is the 350x350 or already a bigger one and you avoid some areas because they are not done? (just to know if you need help also to create the map or you already have it all in your mind)

PS.: English is not my first language so mistakes are to be made ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
To clear up some issues I made maps of the main overworld, diglett tunnels and the underwater area. These give a much better sense for the entire game space. If you are interested click on the links to see the full size maps, pixel for pixel.

I have not finished three of the final towns located in the corners. I am focusing on the first four towns first. I will be creating a more detailed progress report in the next couple days including interiors, npcs, quests, etc...

I have changed the starter Pokemon from Rattata to either Pikachu, Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur. The rival will receive the remaining three that the player does not choose. Good points were made by InazumaPanda and Pika1025. Giving the player one good Pokemon will not significantly decrease difficulty and it won't be nearly as steep at the beginning.

I would love to do a talent tree and have thought about it. I believe it would be possible but... the abilities are rather boring. Gear would be more difficult and it runs into the same type of problem that the talent tree does. The buffs provided by the gear would be mostly background stat increases. Please comment if you have any ideas for unique abilities.

I still would like to develop a new system to get good iv's and ev's in my game or find a script with something cool. This could be part of the talent tree or seperate.

And Vinteeum, there is no shortage of side quests and any/all ideas are welcome. Even the differences between guilds has not been well defined.

Currently I am sorting out all of the Pokemon into their habitats and and putting them into the game since a large portion of the gameworld is now done.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
Hey freddyfan, Bug testers will definately be needed. I plan to release a closed demo to some testers first before releasing the demo to everyone. I will add your name to the list of testers, although the demo will not be ready for testing for at least another month. When the time comes I will message you as well as put up a post on the recruitment page. Bug testing will probably take quite a while as well. (I'm hoping no longer than a month) So don't worry about missing it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2019
Hey honestly it seems like a really good game, can't wait to play it; i don't know if it would be hard to put in the game but if you could add that at the berry field that wild pokemon eat the berries if you don't harvest them on time like in XY would be awesome
It may motivate the player to take care of his trees (sorry for bad english)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 30, 2019
Dont like it we will start with rattata its not only we wil lose the first battle but its not fair and can be to hard there is reason why there are starters since they are stronger and not haveing a normal effct on any type if you want hard make it least with pokemon who eventualy evolveing to useful pokemon
Where does it say you will start with Rattata? It says you will start with either Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Pikachu and your rival gets the rest.

Edit: nevermind, I didn't see that he/she changed it, sorry.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 30, 2019
Hey freddyfan, Bug testers will definately be needed. I plan to release a closed demo to some testers first before releasing the demo to everyone. I will add your name to the list of testers, although the demo will not be ready for testing for at least another month. When the time comes I will message you as well as put up a post on the recruitment page. Bug testing will probably take quite a while as well. (I'm hoping no longer than a month) So don't worry about missing it.
Can I also be a tester?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
Hey honestly it seems like a really good game, can't wait to play it; i don't know if it would be hard to put in the game but if you could add that at the berry field that wild pokemon eat the berries if you don't harvest them on time like in XY would be awesome
It may motivate the player to take care of his trees (sorry for bad english)

This sounds like a good alteration to do in the game. I would like to add a farm with berry fields as well as berries around the map. Having the berries expire would work toward having the game feel like a living world. This will have to go on my wish list for right now and berries will not be included in the demo (most likely). After a quick look at the berry event code, I think it could be easily done.

Can I also be a tester?

I have added you to the tester list. Thanks for volunteering.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 30, 2019
First of all, this game looks alsome right now, I like many of the features. Pokemon not having levels is unusual but I think will ease the difficulty that is in many pokemon fangames, in most pokemon fangames, since Instead of training, I just try to plow my way through with strategy and items. Becuase of this, I usually find myself being behind by atleast 10 levels by the end. (I once useed a level 60 mimikyu on a team of level 80s when I was facing level 90+ pokemon)
I would love to do a talent tree and have thought about it. I believe it would be possible but... the abilities are rather boring. Gear would be more difficult and it runs into the same type of problem that the talent tree does. The buffs provided by the gear would be mostly background stat increases. Please comment if you have any ideas for unique abilities.
I still would like to develop a new system to get good iv's and ev's in my game or find a script with something cool. This could be part of the talent tree or seperate.
Are the skill trees (if you inplement them) going to be sepparate for each pokemon or aply for every pokemon.
Also, here are some ideas for the skill tree/gear
Ex amples of groups of moves: type, have or don't have special effects, phisical/special, fang/punch/pulse/beam moves, healing moves, protecting moves, weather & terrain moves, moves below or above a certain accuracy/power and ect
Becareful not to make these too op, broader specifcations make them better but even if something is specific you shouldn't make it too strong
Some examples of full effects would be like healing moves heal for 5% more
Fang moves have a 50% chance to gain +1 priority
Weather & terrains last 1 turn longer
Moves with 95% accuracy have 100% accuracy instead
Abilities that make you immune to a type damage the attacker for 1/8 of their health
Protecting moves have a 25% chance to raise your respective defence by 1 if you are hit
You deal 10% more damage if you have been already hit with an Super effective move the same turn
Moves that always hit do 20% more damage to enemies with raised evasion
Stat boosting moves have a 20% chance to boost one of the stats boosted by 1 extra stage
Normal type moves have a 7.5% chance to afflict one random status condition
Moves with more than one special effect have an 20% chance to confuse
Your opponent's poisoned pokemon become badly poisoned if they are struck with a poison type move
Splash used by a magikarp has a 0.1% chance to KO an opposing Arceus

Last edited:
Back