• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Firered ReImagined

Should I add an easy mode patch ? so it's nuzlockable and for some just easier?

• Yes !

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
INTRODUCTION :
Pokemon Firered ReImagined or PFRI for short is a hack of "Pokemon Firered V.1.0".
The hack follows the same story as the original Pokemon Firered, though the
Sevii Islands portions of the game has been removed so the hack goes upto the
Pokemon League, hence I have reduced the max level cap to 60 to keep things balanced.

The hack in simple terms features a Regional Pokedex of 151 Pokemon from across different
generations, and Yes! they are all obtainable having said that the game does feature one
Fakemon, even though its obtainable it is not registered in the Pokedex and is quite hidden
it's there just as a tribute to one of my other favourite games. The hack is also fairly
harder than the base game and expects players to properly Ev train their Pokemon and those
of you wondering No, I haven't fiddled with base Ev yields and they should match with the
"base games".

The hack also hosts loads of new features and quality of life changes which you
may read about below.

FEATURES :

• Physical/Special Split
  • New moves and abilities.
  • Removed Badge boosts.
  • All Pokemons Obtainable before the Elite Four.
  • Battle Mode is set only.
  • Disabled Item usage during battles.
  • Gym Leaders and Pokemon League use Pokemon with proper Evs Distribution. (hence they are much more challanging now, yet fair)
  • No refrences of Pokemon not in the game. ( This includes even graphical things such as slot machines or diploma)
  • Properly Decapped the whole hack including menus and things missed in MrDs Rombase.
  • Fixed most bugs with MrDs Rombase regarding moves, included in the hack. ( Thanks to Leon's Rombase )
  • Running shoes from the start, along with indoor running.
  • Black / White Repel system.
  • Improved Graphics.
  • Offical battles (Gym Leader / Elite 4) have a Mugshot Intro.
  • 8-Bit Music.
  • High quality Pokemon cries
  • Updated Trainer Sprites.
  • Ev Cap per stat is now correctly at 252, max obtainable Evs are still capped at 510.
  • Trainers have fairly accurate overwolds.
  • Some Pokemons have recieved custom sprites, recolours, redesigns.
  • Nature coloured stats on summary screen.
  • Stats grading on summary screen.
  • Removed the unnecessary tutorials.
  • Updated "every" section of the Pokedex for the new Pokemon.
  • Ev/Iv Display. (See Spoiler for location)
    Spoiler:
  • New Items
    Spoiler:
  • Refined Movesets
    Spoiler:

Notable Changes:

• Pokemon Changes
    Spoiler:
  • Evolution Changes
    Spoiler:
  • TM Changes
    Spoiler:
  • Location Changes
    Spoiler:
  • Move Changes
    Spoiler:

Bugs
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qvus3gr9n4c8j0d/PFRI_1.4.zip/file

FINAL UPDATE 1.4

The update should work with your previous save files you may patch this to your current PFRI rom or a new Firered v1.0 Rom , it's upto you.

This patch adds the final event of the hack, you may access the event by interacting with the Pokemon League Trophy ( in Red's room , after defeating the Pokemon League )
Prepare to have a Nostalgia Attack.

Changelog

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
such amazing hack, btw that tileset is kinda from kyledove or from pokemmo community i saw that tileset many times while im having finding some patch for fire red..

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Are all eeveelutions playable in this hack?

Update

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
Years
Hello there!
I have gone through the available Pokémon list and their movesets. You have assembled some wonderful mons from different generations. However, I still crave for Mudkip line as it's my ATG line. The option to acquire the shiny mons is totally welcoming. Water/Dragon Gyrados is also amazing. I have one request if it's at all feasible. Could you please change the typing of Tyranitar to Steel/Dragon. Only this typing suits this beast. No offences please. It's just my opinion.
Keep hacking!

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Why only 20 TMs? That limits possible movesets quite a bit. And battle being restricted to set is a huge turn off for me for ROM hacks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
The reason for this was because Pokemon already have very good movesets and you want to be very careful with using Tms now since most are obtainable just once

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Where's the Vs. Seeker
The VS. Seeker isn't obtainable for one I didn't want to do rebattles for any trainers ,second the max level cap is already 60 , the pokemon's in the wild scale at a much better pace so leveling up shouldnt be hard at all.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
You are using my outdated OWs you should change them to the recent ones.

i feel they are quite alrite even the older ones, I might do it , If I updated this hack any further.
Btw thank you for all those sprites they were very well done !

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Hello there!
Could you please change the typing of Tyranitar to Steel/Dragon. Only this typing suits this beast. No offences please. It's just my opinion.
Keep hacking!

First of all thank you for the feedback , secondly there are already too many dragon type Pokemons in the game and i feel like Tyranitar is pretty strong already making him any stronger I feel will have an impact on the game balance. having said that , I don't mind sending you a custom patch with the typing.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
Years
I would love to. Please release an alternative patch with altered typings not just for Tyranitar but for other pokes as well. This will add a fresh feel to this hack. I'm an Insurgence fan and Delta Mons were the X-Factor of Insurgence among other amazing features.
PS: Please add Mudkip line if possible.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
The Dratini you get from the Snorlax trade in Cinnabar has "No Special Ability."

This is actually hilarious , I skipped testing all the trade Pokemon since i felt they would work fine without any further tinkering , I'll see through all the trades thank you for reporting.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
I can't interact with the Mart guy in Indigo Plateau, I press A and nothing happens.

Thank you for all the bug reports will be releasing an update today to fix all the minor oddities , since you reported most of the bugs I will also be adding you to the credit list along with updating the credit list with some people I missed adding.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I finished the game. I didn't have to battle the E4 members more than once, but they were definitely difficult, leaving my team with 1 survivor after each battle. My team were the following: Feraligatr, Druddigon, Spiritomb, Metagross, Staraptor, and Heliolisk. More speed on the team would've been useful, but I got by pretty well. Lorelei's lead Sharpedo was always faster so Choice Scarf came in handy. I focused on EV training, though that and general level grinding were done at a faster speed setting on emulator. Well, the whole game was played on faster speed, but those two things were done even faster. Even without those, it felt like a quick and short game on account of no Sevii Islands and no postgame. It makes up for it though, wasn't hurting for those features.

Good selection of pokemon as well, that led to me trying out Druddigon and Spiritomb, never used them before. Heliolisk I may have used once before.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
I finished the game. I didn't have to battle the E4 members more than once, but they were definitely difficult, leaving my time with 1 survivor after each battle. My team were the following: Feraligatr, Druddigon, Spiritomb, Metagross, Staraptor, and Heliolisk. More speed on the team would've been useful, but I got by pretty well. Lorelei's lead Sharpedo was always faster so Choice Scarf came in handy. I focused on EV training, though .....

Thank you so much ! for the feedback ! and That was the whole point of the game give you a short hack yet packed with quality and actually make Players not go through the entire league with one max leveled Pokemon !
I wanted the hack to be very fair and yet challenging. and I am surprised you didn't have to batte them more than once i personally had to go through them thrice. btw you might want to revisit Red's room.

Last edited:
Back