• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Dream Weavers

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
The Dream Weavers

Dreams. Everyone has them. Some people don't remember them at all when they wake up. Some remember bits and pieces. Then there are some who remember dreams vividly; people who enjoy keeping dream journals; who have interesting, in-depth, or lucid dreams.

The Dream Weavers club is for such people to share their dreams, talk about lucid dreaming techniques, dream interpretation, and discuss nightmares, pleasant dreams, or anything in between. This is a place where dreamers come together to converse about the second lives we all lead when we lay our heads down for sleep.​

Rules
  • Please be respectful toward members.
  • Don't judge people based off their dreams or try to interpret without expressed permission first. Some of us are just here to share, not be examined by armchair psychologists.
  • Nothing too graphic. If your dreams contain something graphic (gore, sexual themes, etc.), you can mention it, but don't go into detail. Try to keep things PG-13 at most. If you're concerned something is too graphic, either don't post it or run it by one of the Clubhouse moderators beforehand.
  • You may post any dreams you have or ask people about their dreams.
  • Enjoy yourself! Enjoy your dreams and the dreams people have posted!

Questionnaire
  • What's your most recent dream (or nightmare)?
  • Have any recurring dreams?
  • Remember any childhood nightmares?
  • What's one of your favorite dreams you've ever had?
  • Do you have the ability to lucid dream?

List of Dreamers
CiCi Sama
[user]Fairy[/user]
[user]VisionofMilotic[/user]
[user]Miss Wendighost[/user]
[user]colours[/user]
[user]Aslan[/user]
[user]Seliph[/user]
[user]LucarioBread[/user]
[user]Ryo[/user]
[user]DarkestAria[/user]
[user]ZeoStar[/user]
[user]Neb[/user]

Just fill out of the questionnaire to be put on this list so you'll be able to receive DMs about activities and other fun club things!

Questionnaire
What's your most recent dream (or nightmare)?

I don't remember last night's dream (pretty tumultuous sleep) but I remember the previous night's dream. Dreamt that Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd, Mrs. Lovett, and Tobias were all transported into our world. I was able to tell Todd about his life with Lovett, the secrets she was keeping, how she caused his (accepted) death, and about his wife being alive. When I told him this, we were transported back to his world and I showed him everything I said was true. He... Rewarded me very kindly.

Have any recurring dreams?
Not at the moment. I used to several years ago where I'd dream someone kept breaking into my house but that was because my fiancée kept forgetting to lock the doors. Had to sit him down and have a serious discussion about it for him to start remembering and the dreams to stop. Usually when I have recurring dreams, it's because of some recurring psychological issues; like feeling helpless or useless, feeling insecure about my surroundings, or feeling emotionally trapped.

Remember any childhood nightmares?
Many! One I had was about a guy who was chasing me. I tried to stop him (via a cleaver to the face) but it didn't stop him at all. Made me feel very helpless. Another was more lighthearted but still scared the crap out of me. My grandmother's old dog, Dudley, was under my bed so I grabbed him by his armpits and pulled him out. His lower half was a duck half. He didn't care, but I screamed in terror. Pretty funny in hindsight. Not funny when I was 4 or 5. So traumatic that it stuck with me for about 20 years. xD

What's one of your favorite dreams you've ever had?
I had a dream in which I could transform into a dragon. I was fighting a knight and flying through a decrepit and topsy-turvy castle. One room was tilted to the side so we had a sideways battle over a moat. I just remember the freeing feeling of flying and breathing flame (and lightning).

That and one I had far more recently in comparison where I was a wolf in a hedge maze with another pack of wolves. I was the leader and had to lead my pack into battle with a rival pack who kept trying to ambush us in the maze. Several times, I had to fall back to held one of my pack who was in danger. My howl could disorient the opposing pack for a brief few seconds. It was a dream that made me feel powerful, helpful, and kind, even though I was scared out of my mind the whole time. Guess that's the meaning of bravery, though; to be terrified but not back down, especially not when one of your loved ones is in danger.

Do you have the ability to lucid dream?
I wish. Whenever I try, my brain goes haywire and I'm typically thrust into a nightmare. So I've stopped trying. I do occasionally come into it naturally and I just use those times to fly or fulfill fangirly wishes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yes, yes, yes. I am joining this 100%. I am a HIGHLY vivid dreamer and always have been.

Recently I had a dream that my abusive uncle saw myself and my husband driving, and he turned around and followed us. It was terrifying but I woke myself up before it escalated.
Many. My most vivid is that I'm in a car with my very intoxicated dad on April 8th, and we crash into the local lake and drown. I remember the street, the time of day, and every detail therein. Driving past that spot still gives me chills.
Once again, many. The one that always got me the most was when these hundreds of black hands started reaching through the ceiling in my room, trying to get me.
Just recently I had a dream my husband took me to a sweets shop. :)
Yes and no. I can't control my surroundings / dream-scape but I do become conscious and aware when I'm asleep. Since this is a problem I've had since childhood, and a problem my mother also had, she taught me how to recognize certain symbols. For her it was her dead Uncle. For me, it's my dead mom. When I see certain things (like my mother) in my dreams, I immediately become aware that I'm dreaming. And while i can't control certain aspects of it or the narrative of the dream, I do have the ability to exist in a dream knowing I'm conscious, wake myself up at any point, and go back to sleep to resume the same dream.

I'm excited to report all the crazy and messed up dreams I get here, haha. I've never kept a dream diary but I'll definitely post some of my more bizarre ones here! :D

Last edited:

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Wow, sounds like you've got a lot of those real-life sorts of dreams! Mine are usually purely fantasy and never really relate to my real life very much.

My favorite one of yours you described is definitely the hands coming through the ceiling. That's so creepy and awesome. Traumatic, I'm sure, but still really cool sounding. Straight out of a horror movie!

Here's hoping for more of your vivid dreams! Especially if you ever have fantasy dreams -- I could imagine your fantasy dreamscapes are detailed and gorgeous.

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Haha, I did just last night! I dreamt that my husband and I went to some kind of vacation spot / hotel that was not unlike Disney Land. While we were there we caught two of the employees going through our stuff with the intent to rob us. So I busted in, like, excuse me what the fuck? And they sorta looked at one another before deciding to jump me. But for some reason in my dream I was super unconcerned by this? Like I knew they didn't pose a threat to me. So I call out to my husband to get the hotel manager (and this point I become "awake") and he tells me, why don't worry about it. Lol.

So we dealt with these employees in some way that my dream didn't specify, stayed at the same hotel, and left to go to a convention of food trucks. At some point in there I also distinctly remember getting lost in what was more or less a maze of bathrooms that had no beginning or end, and being like this is bullshit I just want food. The end.

Not terribly fantasy related, and grated a left a LOT of stuff out, but hey there ya go lol. This dream on a scale of tame-ness is like a 2/10 for me.

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Daaang, you weren't letting them push you around! Kudos to that! :D

Wish I could remember my dreams these past couple of nights. Been having lots of insomnia and that usually messes up my dreams. I only really remember one the other night where I was talked into a phone app by some guy who was apparently a jackass, as the app was cursed and made me see this really creepy monster with one eye and a practically split-mouth smirk. The only way to get rid of the curse was to avoid looking at the monster. Never really got a conclusion to that dream but it reminded me of a creepypasta. xD

Edit: Wait! That's a lie! I was just watching Markiplier play that weird bear game he just posted yesterday and it reminded me that I do indeed remember at least some of my dream last night!

I dreamt that I was a shapeshifter and could change into any animal I wanted. I was in the middle of a forest with an abandoned building alongside my mother and a couple other people I didn't recognize. At one point, I had to change into a big cat to scare off another big cat that was getting way too close. I think it was a panther but I'm not sure which cat I changed into. Then my mother told me to meet her at the entrance to the forest, which was a clearing just beside it. We got separated because I had to race Shadow the Hedgehog (damn Sonic Adventure 2 slipping into my dreams, lol). I lost because I couldn't find an animal that could outspeed him, obviously. I landed on a peregrine falcon cuz they can dive bomb at 200 mph but I still couldn't win. Then I flew off in that form to meet my mom.

When I got to her, there was a bear approaching. I flew over to scare the bear away, which didn't go well because she was a female with two cubs. She swiped at me and broke my arm, so I changed into a polar bear (she was a grizzly) and overpowered her to get her to run off with her cubs. I changed back to human and my mom comforted me with my broken arm.

Didn't have a conclusion because my dog woke me up crying because she had to go potty. xD Might be why I didn't remember I had the dream, since I got distracted pretty much immediately in the morning. And I know for a fact that I'm forgetting some details but this is all I could vividly remember.

Last edited:
Years
Sign me up!

I just woke up from an anxiety dream a couple of hours ago. I was being spied on in a security state. A lot of vague shadowy figures. I try to leave an underground parking lot, but the exits are blocked, I keep trying different levels, spiraling around getting lost, attack dogs are coming after me. Eventually I do get to an airport, but TSA keeps manufacturing excuses to delay me and go through my belongings, and they have sneaky expressions on their face! I

My cat woke me up in the middle of it all, meowing for something to eat, ending the dream before it reached it's conclusion. That's alright though, it didn't look like the dream was headed in a nice direction.

It's either an anxiety dream or a nightmare for me whenever I hit the pillow. For the past week I have dreamed of my teeth breaking off and falling out, having strange changeling children made out of clay, my goldfish dying, my body being riddled with worms, driving through areas with gang activity where shootings start and I am in the crossfire ducking for my life, being accused of crimes I didn't do.

Going to bed is a process of grim resignation. Everyone has to sleep at some point, so I don't fight it. But it's not nice having bad dreams regularly. It's like living through Nightmare on Elm Street. I don't know what can really be done though. I have even talked to doctors and counselors about my nightmares, they sympathize but dream interpretation isn't something many professionals are versed in. They are as stumped as I am. These aren't the days of Carl Jung and Sigmund Frued where you rest on a couch and they philosophy about dream symbols.

So I am glad this club exists as a place where maybe I can gain insight, or if nothing else vent. Maybe I'll try sleep hypnosis again? That seemed to help for awhile.

I have recurring dream themes and places I revisit, but I don't remember having the same dream in the sense of the dreaming of the same sequence of events each night. Though sometimes I dream in chapters, which I don't enjoy as I mentioned I have nightmares. It sucks to wake up from a scary dream, and then have to do part 2 the next night when you to bed.

Yup, I dreamed of falling a lot, tumbling off buildings to my death. Often I would cross the street in a dream and trip and fall in a busy traffic lane, but not be able to get up. Cars would plough ahead straight for me, but try as I might I couldn't get off the ground. It felt like I was glued to the street.

Sometimes I dream of a fantastical shop in my town. This place doesn't exist in real-life, but in my dream there are delicious sweet treats being passed around outside the store, and I enter it and it's a store that feels more like home with intimate corner side tables to sit at and relax, cozy furniture, hardwood floors, the glow of the fire side, beautifully-colored wall hangings and carpets. It's a shop that somehow just has everything you need like the Room of Requirement in Harry Potter. There's an aisle I always race to with excitement that carries all my favorite childhood toys. It's a soothing dream.

Nah, I usually haven't the faintest idea that I am dreaming, so I don't think I can alter what's happening. If I do realize it's a dream the revelation just immediately wakes me up :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Another stress dream. This one was about a blue haired girl (I can remember her face so distinctly) and how after mere hours of knowing one another, she had to leave cross county on a train. For some reason, in my dream the option of calling or texting or DMing didn't exist, and I felt all the feelings of falling so deeply in love with someone, knowing she felt the same way, and losing her forever in the same moment.

I remember my family physically restraining me from getting on the train to be with this girl forever. It crushed me inside and I didn't even know her name. Sometimes these dreams, even if they're not scary, are so emotionally charged for me that I can't help but grieve a lover that never even existed.

And that was just the first dream of three last night. ( ̄へ ̄)

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I guess I'll join this. I was into dream interpretation when I as younger, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to join.

Most Recent Dream: The closest one I remember is one where an old D&D character of mine threw a dwarf out of a window during a barfight. I don't know why I remember it, I just do.

Recurring Dreams?: Well, I don't mean to sound like a horror movie character, but the most recent one I had was a woman who kind of reminded me of Samara/Sadako from The Ring who sat in front of a mirror brushing her hair before crying for Arceus-knows-what-reason. (Probably should lay off the horror movies :p)

Childhood Nightmares?: I'm assuming childhood means under 18. I think the most frightening one I had was when I was around fifteen-sixteen. I don't remember much of it, but I do remember a feeling somewhat similar to sleep paralysis and a bunch of whispered nonsense. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night.

Favorite Dream: The reply to most recent dream.

Lucid Dreaming?: Not that I'm aware of, even though I can kind of see my hand when I move it in a dream along with the outline of my bedroom for a while.

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Had a dream last night that I was at a YouTuber's house and he wanted to show me his pet spider (which isn't a big deal for me as I'm no longer an arachnophobe and have a pet spider of my own now). In the process, the spider bolted and ran to some place in the room. We spend some time looking for it, but because it was just a little guy we didn't want to move furniture because we were afraid of squishing him. So I look behind the couch after hearing some wet gasping noises and the little spider had somehow mutated into something akin to the mother-creature from FMA:B. A two-foot diameter, fleshy, stringy mass that barely had appendages to reach out with. If you're familiar with 1982's 'The Thing', think of the way that the Norris imitation adhered itself to the ceiling with all the sticky tendrils, blood, and green ooze. It was gurgling with a death rattle that each time ejected a wet, sticky, limp slug from one of its many orifices, all the while assimilating into the nearby couch and wall.

For some reason terror was not the first reaction, however? Because everyone in the room shared a love for... less conventional pets, we tried to figure out a way to at least keep some of the slugs. Unfortunately what remained of the spider had to be dispatched because it was clearly in a lot of pain. :( But we ended up putting two slugs in the former enclosure of the spider. Then I woke up. :)

About a 2.7/10 for me on the wtf scale. 10 being the worst.

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
For the past week I have dreamed of my teeth breaking off and falling out
That was a really common dream for me about a year ago. Very strange stuff, and really distressing! :(

Going to bed is a process of grim resignation.[...]
So I am glad this club exists as a place where maybe I can gain insight, or if nothing else vent. Maybe I'll try sleep hypnosis again? That seemed to help for awhile.
Interesting. I also had a similar problem where most of my dreams were just straight up nightmares. I don't really know what stopped it from happening so I unfortunately can't offer any advice :( But as you said, this club can help you vent! Use it to log your dreams if you wish! I certainly don't mind it at all. And if we get anyone who enjoys dream interpretation (TheGhostHunter said they do), maybe you two can get together and see what your dreams are all about? Hard to say. I know a lot of it can be really personal stuff.

Yup, I dreamed of falling a lot, tumbling off buildings to my death. [...] It felt like I was glued to the street.
Saaame Dx You and I just have anxious minds, don't we? With all these weird and distressing nightmares. I've had dreams where it feels like a huge magnet is sucking me down into the floor as I'm trying to get away from danger -- cars, monsters, rabid animals, etc. Crazy stuff.

Also, you've been added to the list! ;P

Another stress dream. This one was about a blue haired girl [...]

And that was just the first dream of three last night. ( ̄へ ̄)
Holy crap, that sounds pretty intense. I've had similar dreams. Usually of my S.O cheating on me or losing a loved one, which I guess are some of my biggest fears, both being so far out of my control (and the former probably because I have super low self-esteem), so I can at least relate to having really strong emotions come out of my dreams. I've had several about my late dog, Tachi, where I wake up crying or wake up and my eyes are wet even though I'm not currently crying (I've been known to cry in my sleep). It can be really hard to deal with the next day. :(

And absolutely yes to having several dreams a night. I have difficulty staying asleep so I often wake up, then go back to sleep, and dream something else.

Had a dream last night that I was at a YouTuber's house and he wanted to show me his pet spider (which isn't a big deal for me as I'm no longer an arachnophobe and have a pet spider of my own now).
Awww! ♥ Not really the place to talk about it since this is a dream club, buuuuut what kind of a spider? :3

So I look behind the couch after hearing some wet gasping noises and the little spider had somehow mutated [...]
That sounds like an awesome dream, tbh. But ya'll know how I be xD It kind of reminded me of some Junji Itou horror-terror. Having it compared to The Thing is super disturbing but also really cool. Poor little fella. At least you got to house some cute slugs, but poor little dream spoider :( Curse your brain xD

Recurring Dreams?: Well, I don't mean to sound like a horror movie character, but the most recent one I had was a woman who kind of reminded me of Samara/Sadako from The Ring who sat in front of a mirror brushing her hair before crying for Arceus-knows-what-reason. (Probably should lay off the horror movies :p)
Ahaha, I love those crazy creepy dreams I get after binge watching horror xD Wouldn't trade them for anything!

I don't remember much of it, but I do remember a feeling somewhat similar to sleep paralysis and a bunch of whispered nonsense. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night.
Oof, sleep paralysis. We should get a conversation going about that at some point, 'cuz I've suffered from sleep paralysis very often.

Lucid Dreaming?: Not that I'm aware of, even though I can kind of see my hand when I move it in a dream along with the outline of my bedroom for a while.
Oh, you'd definitely be aware if you were lucid dreaming! :P Some people can manage complete control but most people, like me, can only manage minimal control. Usually, as I think I've mentioned, it goes like this:
My brain: Okay, now DON'T dream of a horrible horrific monster...
My dream: *does exactly that*
My brain: WHAT DID I JUST SAY!??
Me: >.>

And you've been added to the list~!

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'll respond to everything in this thread in full when I report the strange dream I'll surely be having tonight.. but I just want to say that sleep paralysis is one of the most terrible and horrifying things I've ever experienced and if you've been in that place and know that fear than I'm so, so, sorry. It's like a combination of a panic attack, cardiac arrest, anesthesia awareness, and a bad DMT trip all rolled into one. I get the classic 'shadow man' paralysis dreams - like fucking Slenderman watching me through my closet. And the ones where I wake up fully only to hear an ungodly roaring and something gigantic charging towards my bedroom door - only to wake up again and have to ask my partner if I'm still dreaming. Ugh..

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Oh god, I've had those before, where it's a sleep paralysis dream on top of a sleep paralysis dream, etc, etc. They really can be terrifying. I've learned to keep my eyes closed. The scary things I see behind my eyelids are far less terrifying than seeing things in my real life room.

Once, I was facing the wall, went into sleep paralysis, and saw a pair of eyes form on the wall and glare back into me. It was surreal and disturbing.

I've heard that sleep paralysis can be a blessing for those who are trying to have really deep lucid dreams. But there's the whole "getting past the anxiety" thing that I just can't do. If that's something anyone is interested in, however, the YouTuber Tipharot has a lot of useful and in-depth information about lucid dreaming both with and without sleep paralysis. Who knows, maybe he can help one of us get through the horror that is sleep paralysis and turn it into something great.

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ooo, I'll look into that. I don't really subscribe to any theories of dream interpretation (interesting though they can be), but the science of dreams and REM sleep is fascinating. Thanks for the recommendation! :) And speaking of 'teeth falling out' dreams, apparently those are more prominent in woman than men. Freud says it's meaning is rooted in a women's deep and secret desire to be pregnant, lmfao. Yea, that ain't it chief.

So last night I dreamt that I was sharing an AirBnB in a foreign country with a traveling couple, and centipedes started emerging from every crevice. The vents, the floor slats, the air conditioning unit, the VHS player in the TV (if that doesn't date the dream idk what will lol), the sink drain, the cushions of the chair, the coffee pot, the pillow cases — like everywhere. But again, much like my spider dream, it wasn't scary. They were very large centipedes though! Like about twice / thrice the size of an Amazonian Giant Centipede. I remember having a serious discussion in hushed whispers (we all somehow understood that talking about them would make them upset) with my roommates about whether or not we should tell the owner, but we decided not to bring it up because there was NO WAY they didn't know about this enormous centipede problem lol. And while we didn't test it, we also inherently knew that if we tried to kill them, they would just break down into even more, smaller, angrier centipedes.

Didn't become conscious in this dream though, I stayed firmly planted in the dream's narrative. Lots of dreams about bugs lately though, so that's a thing!

Spider talk in spoilers for arachnophobes / because it's a little off topic (or I guess not considering the subject matter of my dreams lately lmao). Also going on at length about spider anatomy, nature, and care, so prepare for a long rant!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Ahaha, Freud, was laughed out of the psychology community for a reason, eh? :P I have no desire whatsoever to ever in a million years be pregnant. I couldn't imagine the vomiting near daily, the hormonal changes (which I mentioned in another thread is why I can't take birth control), the pain, the ruining of your body because the fetus pushes everything around, and then the tearing after childbirth. Nope. Not doing it. I heard, much more reasonably, that a possible reason for it is because you're grinding your teeth at night. Dunno if I was or wasn't but the second I bought a tooth guard (didn't even ever put it on), the dreams stopped. xD It's like my subconscious realized that it ain't gonna work on me no more. Who knows.

Back on topic: *shudder* I hate dreams about centipedes or millipedes. Those are some of my least favorite bugs, along with sprickets, crane flies, and overly large moths. I don't mind many other bugs, aside from the parasitic sort.

My dreams last night were all over the place. Dunno what it is recently but I keep waking up and going back to sleep and it disrupts my sleeping completely. I remember one dream was about me watching a television show where these guys were heading through hallways filled with t.v. monitors that all showed them in real time, despite that they could see no cameras. The monitors wouldn't turn on until they passed them and always played just a few seconds into the past (like them walking and looking around at the monitors a few seconds ago despite that now they're looking up to see if they can find the cameras). And all of the monitors would show them from different angles. Eventually, the two men, separated but in the same predicament, were starting to freak out and monitors would freeze-frame on their freaking out faces.

After that, I changed channels to find Jim Halpert cheating on Pam with yet another monitor in the background. Only the monitor in the background was playing some weird XXX version of the video tape in The Ring. It spooked Jim and his mistress (and me tbh xD). Then I woke up. Pretty sure my dog woke me, crying 'cuz he wanted to go out. Put that job on my fiancée xD Then went back to bed.

The last dream was me in this monster truck-style car bashing thing. It was real, not a video game, and I was fighting some rando and young Harry Potter. Harry kept winning by bashing into our cars and knocking us over or destroying our vehicles. We just got new ones pretty much instantly so the audience could enjoy. Eventually, I got the upper hand on rando and it was just between me and Potter. There were tunnels we went through and shops we could go to for quick upgrades. While I was in the shop getting something involving a skull (it was a black market apparently :P), Harry snuck up on me and I only knew by hearing the audience freak out from above since they could see the action on monitors (lots of monitors in these dreams). I escaped Harry's sneak attack and he snuck around behind some stalls. I went the long way and tried to get him but I fell for his "ambush", which was just a bunch of flaming sticks that I backed up to avoid.

Left the stalls and back onto the main road where Harry and I dueled it out in the parking lot. I threw him up against the ropes several times, but he eventually squished my big-ass truck. Despite him winning, I got a lot of accolades from the audience for lasting as long as I did. Then I went to the store with my grandmother because that's obviously a natural progression, thanks brain. I took an oatmeal creme pie free sample, which was strawberry and tasted awful, then went back for a vanilla one where I saw an audience member who asked me for a cookie. This member was a bully from middle school so I obviously denied her jackass and walked away. Felt good. Should've flipped her off, too. My grandmother mused on about me being seen with her and how I'd feel about other people's perception of it, which is weird because irl I'm 27 and never cared about peer pressure, and I've been out with my grandmother very often throughout my life without issue. Couldn't get a taste of that vanilla oatmeal creme pie because my dog woke me up again.

Second dream was really weird and all over the place. First was a bit more interesting, at least until Jim Halpert (or the lookalike perhaps?) showed up.

And for more unrelated:
[spider talk]
Spoiler:

[/spider talk]

Speaking of unconventional pets, I've always just wanted a general Pet Club here. We have the dog and cat clubs which are pretty dead imo and I've always considered just wanting them to be combined and have one big Pet Club for all pets. Who knows. Guess it depends on the leaders of those clubs and what other people think about that.

Years
sleep paralysis sucks

sincerely,

someone who cannot sleep in a certain position because it'll cause a guaranteed sleep paralysis

don't really remember. my dreams are all pretty trippy to some extent so i've gotten kinda used to them. weird that 95% of them take place in... pretty much the same area.

i've had recurring elements in dreams but not recurring dreams on their own, no.

zombies. fuckin hated zombie apolcaypse dreams. i dont have them anymore (or at least, not as much as i used to), but i used to have them for years.

don't have one bc i suffer from nightmares far more often than good dreams lol

uhhhh been' trying for a while but the trippier my dreams are the harder it is to lucid dream. @__@

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
2am - Making a post to remind myself about the dream I just woke up from. Involved punk circus. Possibly Team Yell? And a 50s styled diner. Makeshift rave then ate many french fries. Scripted events.

Will elaborate later.

Elaboration; I was at some kind of punk carnival. Think burning man meets ICP meets Suicide Squad with the naive charm of Team Yell. So of course, these are *my people*. I had been sitting in a diner decorated to look straight out of a dystopian 1950s. At first, it was weird because everyone in there wasn't, like, very inviting? But then I told them how to make meth and they were cool with me. By the way I've never made meth.

So once I'm in with them they turn off the lights and the whole diner transforms into this chrome/neon highlighted interior, like a party at a bowling ally (for you 90s kids). And the actual food aspect of the diner finally starts but the only thing they serve is French fries. But, like, you had to play along with this apocalyptic 50s theme or the staff would ignore you? So all the dialog from there on out was almost like a video game, where the NPC would say something, and you had an 'approve', 'disapprove', and 'random' choice to choose from.

For some reason I really wanted these fries though so I played along. Then I woke up.

Second dream was about a brutal storm that swept through my area. Like, Hurricane super storm Sandy x10. Like, Noah's Arc kind of shit. But no one I knew would fucking get along and cooperate long enough to actually evacuate the area?? So all of my friends and family are fighting literally as flood waters started reaching knee level. Then I 'woke up' in my dream and started trying to organize a plan to get everyone to safety which of course backfired and all I ended up doing was passing messages back and forth between people.

On top of that, for whatever reason no one wanted to split up and it was understood that each person had a piece to some puzzle that would inevitably lead to the storm ending. And yet still no one listened, no one cooperated, and I finally woke up while drowning. Actually, I could breathe underwater but I knew no one else in my family/friend group could and that panic is what woke me up for real.

It was incredibly frustrating.

Third dream was that the hubby and I bought a new bed, but the headboard and right side was upright, like a couch. And we playfully argued who would get to sleep on the right side of the bed against the couch part, haha. It was cute. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
5am - woke up from a dream about an ex of mine. Took place in Boca Raton, FL (Angie, I have no doubts it was your text that inspired this). Oceanside hotel, arcade, inattentive and problematic staff. Janna (Sheep) was there. Ex died in a preventable sea-related accident. Will elaborate later.

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I gotta follow your way of doing it, Fairy, 'cuz I'll wake up and be like "oh that's a good dream to add to the club" and then I'll forget about it during my morning chores >.>

sleep paralysis sucks

sincerely,

someone who cannot sleep in a certain position because it'll cause a guaranteed sleep paralysis

don't really remember. my dreams are all pretty trippy to some extent so i've gotten kinda used to them. weird that 95% of them take place in... pretty much the same area.

Oh, and added you to the list, colours! :)

Your trippy dreams sound interesting! I get some LSD Dream Emulator vibes from your description, in anyone recognizes that strange game.

I wish my sleep paralysis was more predictable like that. Feels like no matter what position I sleep in, it'll happen sporadically. If it happens in the middle of my sleep, I'm screwed, 'cuz I need to get up for at least half an hour or so to get it to go away. Otherwise I slip in and out of it annoyingly :/

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've never kept a dream journal and it's always something that I meant - and my therapist told me- to do because my brain goes crazy every single night. When I finally got back to sleep last night, I had this terrifying dissociative dream that involved me having multiple personalities (it really felt like different people and even hours later I can still feel them), a plane crashing in my front yard, an actual zombie apocalypse / national purge / anarchy, and a highly deadly option to upload one's consciousness into a computer that simulated the world pre-chaos.

And I gotta be honest here, I've only been including the PG13 ones. My dreams often get a lot more.. depraved. And not in a 'fun' way. :/

Back