Male
Seen 34 Minutes Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
32 posts
8.2 Years
Introduction:
Welcome to Pokemon R.O.W.E my first published project, my aim in making this romhack is make an open world Pokemon Emerald with QoL changes with a good replay value making diverse teambuilding my main objective.

Features:
-Explore the region in any order you want.
-9 Weak but new starters to make each run different from the last one.
-Hard mode accessible from the beginning.
-Pokemon from all the 8 Gens
-Physical/Special Split
-Daily Gym Leader Rematches
-Level scaling based on your number of badges with evolution system for both trainers and wild Pokemon
-You can Surf and Dive from the beginning using the PokeRide feature. (by Buffelsaft)
-Re-Usable TMs
-Mega Evolutions after the 7th badge
-Find rare Pokemon with the DexNav. (by ghoulslash's)
-Gen 8 Flying Taxis from the beginning. (by surskitty)
-No more Hidden Machines thanks to the PokeRide.
-Name Rater, Move Reminder, Move Deleter and Iv checker on all the Pokemon Centers.
-Decapitalized Text. (by Wyrserth and AsparagusEdu)
-Press B to Surf faster. (by ghoulslash)
-Pokemon Clover Soft Level Cap in Hard Mode (by PokemonCrazy)
-Gen 7 Daycare System
-A beautiful and useful Pokedex. (by TheXaman)
-Gen 6 Exp.Share that you can always turn off (by Lunos)
-Fly without the need of the move by having a Pokemon that could learn it in your party (by Buffelsaft)
-And more...

Screenshots:

If you find any bug or have any question please tell me, i will try my best to fix/answer your question.

Download (Beta 1.0.7) - 24/02/2021
https://mega.nz/file/3YFgGThC#8n_lUdMGdlk4pl7oDYV8Cm_A5GkgOgiqi16uXHMemEU

Old Version 1.0.6
https://mega.nz/file/WUFFTKgL#k5oeLMIgu8XGCgol7YAHrgWqXRN1KKcg_9XXErvDTaA

Old Version 1.0.5.2
https://mega.nz/file/TUVhxaDQ#H8NMqxXGx3IepjqvUxP6SeN9ZrpidSu8Juyx7_KnW_o

Source Code(if anyone wants to take a look):
https://github.com/BelialClover/PokemonROWE
You can also download pre-releases here but they will be buggy

Changelog
-Added daily Gym Leader rematches, just talk to the Gym Leader each day after you defeat it to start the battle
-Added some icons for gen 8 mons(the pokemon who have no icons will show a greenish egg for now)
-Added 3 NPC that change 3 colored shards(red,blue,green) for a random starter each day(You can get them from Sunflora, Sharpedo and Camerupt)
-Added a NPC that gives you a random fossil each day
-Added a way to revive all the fossils from the NPC in Rustboro
-Made some more Pokemon available in the wild
-Made some Megastones available(Slowbroite, Pidgeotite, Steelixite)
-Added Strange Souvenir into Lilycove Shop making Alolan Raichu, Alolan Exeguttor, Alolan Marowak and Galarian Weezing available
-Made Groudon and Kyogre available on Magma Hideout and Seafloor Cavern after defeating Wallace
-Trainers now will not use items to balance this i made hard mode not able to use items mid-battle
-Some minor bug fixes

-Added a lot of Pokemon to all the routes making a lot of new pokemon available for this game(mostly gen 8 pokemon)
-Edited some gen 8 evolution to make them evolve by level since the new evolution methods are not in this game
-Rockruff now can evolve to all the 3 forms by level depending of the time of your game, this makes all the pokemon that evolve in the day not able to evolve at 5pm-6pm
-Added an NPC on mauville telling you what update you have(the maniac next to the game corner)
-Some minor bug fixes

Know Bugs:
-Some trainers have illegal moves on their mons(Mostly the Elite 4) for coverage, this isn´t really a bug and its
intended and those moves will be available to the player on later updates(but the earthquake Lanturn will stay as a NPC only move)
The Bugs marked by a * were already fixed in my end and will be part of the next update

FAQ:

-Can this game be finished?
Yes you can finish the whole game up to the battle frontier/steven i havent changed anything in the battle frontier but you can play it as normal and steven had his team changed as the final boss in the game, the only thing left for this hack is adding more things and fix any bug i come across but every beta should be completely playable

-Where do i get [Evolution Item]?
You can buy all the evolution stones on Lilycove Department on the Third floor after you get the sixth badge, you can also buy Ability Capsules

-Where do i access the Hard Mode?
You can change between Normal and Hard mode in the options by changing it in the options

-How do i evolve Pikachu, Exeggcute, Koffing and Cubone into their regional evolutions(Alolan and Galarian)?
You need a Strange Souvenir(It can be bought after the 6th badge in Lilycove) and try to evolve them as normal
Exeggcute -> Alolan Exeggutor: Use a Leaf Stone while holding the Strange Souvenir
Pikachu -> Alolan Raichu: use a Thunder Stone while holding the Strange Souvenir
Cubone -> Alolan Marowak: Level up to 30 at Night while holding the Strange Souvenir
Koffing -> Galarian Weezing: Level up to 34 at Night while holding the Strange Souvenir

-Whats the difference between Normal Mode and Hard Mode?
The changes made between those modes are the following
1. Every Trainer has a Stronger team levelwide and some of them have more Pokemon earlier in-game
2. The Hard Mode has the Clover level Cap making you unable to get over the next Boss Ace level
3. In hard mode the Exp.Share(that can always be turned off) gives you 1/4 of the total exp to the whole team instead of the 1/2 in normal mode
4. Normal mode has Shift as Battle style while Hard Mode has Set
5. You can`t use items on a Trainer battle in Hard Mode
There are no changes to wild pokemon levels

-I can´t get [first stage pokemon] since all of them evolved?
There are two ways to get a first stage pokemon
Make your first pokemon in your party hold an Everstone(found in granite cave and held by Geodude/Roggenrola and Ditto) this makes encountering them guaranteed
There is always a 1/5 possibility of encountering the first stage and 1/5 for the second without using any items

-Are you going to make a detailed documentation of the Wild Pokemon or Trainer Parties?
https://pastebin.com/raw/BzgnxmXj
Here is the raw file for encounters for version 1.0.6

-I have a bug that its not on the list, what do i do?
Send me a PM or reply here, i will do my best to fix it as soon as possible, considering its a bug of course

Credits
AsparagusEdu
Lunos
PokemonCrazy
ghoulslashns
TheXaman
surskitty
Diego Mertens
WiserVisor
Dizzyegg
Pyredrid
Buffelsaft
Sapphire Jester
Pokeemerald Team
Everyone in this Doc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1acgzAjh0dnFRQnjZu8kSjS177rKCzpFfEHRLtwuuXRU/edit
(If i forgot someone please tell me)

Dr. Seuss

Soy un simio muy ligero 😎

Age 25
Male
Guatemala City
Seen 36 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
480 posts
7 Years
Oh yes. New decomp romhack. Approved!

Nice to see another open world romhack. I hope it i as fun as others like Crystal Clear.
Graphic design is my passion...

Click on the picture to see the best hack ever created (?
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted December 18th, 2020
14 posts
2.7 Years
hey so here's some notes to keep in mind, got up to beating Tate & Liza. My progression was Winona, Wattson, Flannery, Roxanne, Brawly, Norman, T&L

- !! Dive script is not working for me so I can't finish the game past Tate and Liza
- Guy who typically gives TM36 Sludge Bomb in Dewford after 5 badges/Norman does not show up, so my Roselia had no Poison stab
- There's no clear indication on where to get the newer evolution stones/items (Dusk Stone, Dawn Stone, Shiny Stone, Protector, etc..) so many of my Pokemon could not be fully evolved by my 7th gym badge, nor was there an Eviolite available so sometimes they held my team back
- TM27 Return is given twice, once in Fallabar from Prof. Cozmo, and once in Pacifilog
- Pokemon that should learn a move upon evolving don't learn the move. For example, my Combusken should have learned Double Kick at 16, but because it evolved from Torchic at that level, I did not receive the prompt to teach it Double Kick.
- Lack of an Exp. Share due to Steven's Letter quest not existing.
- Lack of access to New Mauville due to Wattson's quest not existing.
- Alolan Vulpix cannot learn certain moves that every Pokemon gets, such as Protect I believe (if not Protect, Hidden Power); not sure if it is just A-Vulpix, regional formes, or an Alola Pokemon issue, but TM compatibility for newer Pokemon should be checked

and then besides those bugs, here are just some recommendation notes, not necessarily anything thats needed to be fixed, but would improve the game
- Move Tutors only teach once, unlike TMs. I know fixing this is as simple as the Infinite TM script if im not mistaken.
- Many Pokemon lack decent movesets, as they rely on modern TMs like Dark Pulse, Poison Jab, Dazzling Gleam, etc.. while some are just for viability, some Pokemon, especially Poison types, often lack a usable stab for their preferred offensive stat or in general, so potentially adding TMs or relearner moves to those who need coverage.
- This may take a bunch of effort, and is not neccessary at all, but potentially updating movesets to USUM or SWSH may help alleviate the previous note's issue, as most of these current movesets in-game are from XY or ORAS.
- Providing a Wild Pokemon/Item info document would really be neat too for effective team building.

Overall, this is an amazing beta, I was really impressed by how much fun I had team building. While the wild pokemon curve can get annoying, and Norman was a pretty hard match compared to other leaders, I thoroughly enjoyed this open world version of Hoenn, and once some of the bugs are fixed, I can see myself replaying this a bunch of times. Good work!
Male
Seen 34 Minutes Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
32 posts
8.2 Years
Im currently working on fixing most of the issues, so i will upload an update later today, the evolution items are sold on lilycove after getting the sixth badge.
You can get into sootopolis without needing dive by talking to archie outside the big white rock(but i will fix dive anyway)

EDIT: The update is out now, tell me if you find any bug
Seen January 8th, 2021
Posted December 20th, 2020
1 posts
67 Days
Cheats doesn't seem to work, tried Emerald, Ruby and Fire Ree cheats

Also, Mauville gym is bugged, if you battle against Watson and your pokemon is defeated, or you try to switch them, or try to use the bag the screen will go black, and then you can't get out of that black scrren, loved the rom, please fix that!!
Male
Seen 34 Minutes Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
32 posts
8.2 Years
Sorry for the lack of updates, i have been busy litely but i think i will have more free time now.
My current plan for this hack is to redo everything from scratch, since i made this hack to become familiar with the Pokemon emerald code it had a lot of weir bugs, unfinished stuff. Since the gen 8 update for the pokemon expansion is starting to roll out im going to use that so i think the next version will have gen 8 mons but it will take a while to complete, any suggestion for the next version would be appreciated and considered.
on a side note, would anyone would like to do a gen 3 version of this?, i mean without using the pokemon expansion, and item expansion for those who liked the gen 3 mechanics.
Online now
Posted 5 Hours Ago
16 posts
49 Days
Sorry for the lack of updates, i have been busy litely but i think i will have more free time now.
My current plan for this hack is to redo everything from scratch, since i made this hack to become familiar with the Pokemon emerald code it had a lot of weir bugs, unfinished stuff. Since the gen 8 update for the pokemon expansion is starting to roll out im going to use that so i think the next version will have gen 8 mons but it will take a while to complete, any suggestion for the next version would be appreciated and considered.
on a side note, would anyone would like to do a gen 3 version of this?, i mean without using the pokemon expansion, and item expansion for those who liked the gen 3 mechanics.
Although it's not pretty to say, I think you should look at some of the features Crystal Clear has.. For example, when starting in a city, instead of generating in front of the Pkmn Center, it would be prettier to generate in the nearest "secret cave" (the ones with the indentation in the rock)
Or, like I already anticipated you, giving a wider selection to choose the starter from, instead of the classic water/grass/fire trio!
And in general, the rematch feature for the gyms in which you can choose the team to face!

In general, there are so many features you could add little by little, it's like a sandbox!
Male
Seen 34 Minutes Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
32 posts
8.2 Years
Here are some suggestions:
-A way to check your Pokemon's EV's and IV's
-Evolution items being buyable in Lilycove City
-A Genetic Code Mapping System like the one from Pokemon Emerald Enhanced
I have to take a look at Pokemon Emerald Enhanced to see how it works, but i was planning adding a way to get 31 IV mons easily.
You can buy evolution items in Lilycove after you get 6 badges there.
Although it's not pretty to say, I think you should look at some of the features Crystal Clear has.. For example, when starting in a city, instead of generating in front of the Pkmn Center, it would be prettier to generate in the nearest "secret cave" (the ones with the indentation in the rock)
Or, like I already anticipated you, giving a wider selection to choose the starter from, instead of the classic water/grass/fire trio!
And in general, the rematch feature for the gyms in which you can choose the team to face!

In general, there are so many features you could add little by little, it's like a sandbox!
I haven´t played crystal clear in a lot of time i think the last version i played was the one that included following mons, how does those secret caves work?
yeah other starters would be good since adding all the starter up to gen 8 would be a lot and boring choices so i would redo the whole starter list
Online now
Posted 5 Hours Ago
16 posts
49 Days
I haven´t played crystal clear in a lot of time i think the last version i played was the one that included following mons, how does those secret caves work?
yeah other starters would be good since adding all the starter up to gen 8 would be a lot and boring choices so i would redo the whole starter list
I haven't played 3rd gen much, but if I recall correctly there are some indentations in certain walls that, upon interacting with them, become a secret base that you can decorate in any way you want! If anyone can explain better than I can, please do 🤣
Male
Seen 34 Minutes Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
32 posts
8.2 Years
I will have a new update today or tomorrow, since i used Pokémon Infused Emerald as a Base it sped up a lot of things and made adding a lot of features possible, Big thanks to @AsparagusEdu for making this possible, i will update the screenshot in a little and make my source code available for anyone to take a look and change it however they want.
Im also going to update the credits in the first post, be sure to tell me if you find any bug when you play since i couldn't test everything.
EDIT: the new update is out now, tell me if you find any error or have any question.
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
223 posts
1.1 Years
Just downloaded it like an hour ago, and loving it!! VERY WELL made!!
EDIT: GAME BREAKING BUG! Do not enter either home in Littleroot! It makes you walk into the wall and do the "Dad giving you the ticket and [email protected]" event like you've beaten the champ. You are stuck in the wall after. Luckily I had a savestate from a few moments before I entered the house.
Male
Seen 34 Minutes Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
32 posts
8.2 Years
How many badges did you had when this happened?
i want to fix it as fast as possible but it doesn't happen in my save, i think its something related to the badges you have(since i have 2 badges right now and i can´t replicate it)
Edit: I just released a new update that hopefully fixed that issue, the saves are compatible with the last version.