• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Connections between beauty and morality

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
When it comes to these, do you think there is any link between the two? Or how often do you notice this in art or other forms of media? Or have you noticed any that went the opposite direction of this as a curve?

Spoiler:

The deceptions of Jesus Christ interest me, with how many places in the world will change him to match a certain standard of beauty.

Years
There definitely is, considering most magazine/celebrity images are photoshopped to hell. This creates a standard of beauty that is unreachable.
Not sure if related, but I've noticed that people get treated differently depending on whether they're good looking (by society's rules). I've been denied help because of my looks, where a thinner, prettier person got it easily.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
...This really wasn't a very interesting question or topic.

I was digging through random psychology related things, and this subject caught my interest for a bit.

Looking at this a day later, it's not that interesting. I almost wish I had a delete button.

Also I realized I've made like 100 topics and never did a poll. I don't know if I'm eligible to create them being a regular user or if it's a mod related thing

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Also I realized I've made like 100 topics and never did a poll. I don't know if I'm eligible to create them being a regular user or if it's a mod related thing
Creating a poll isn't a mod exclusive thing. Editing them and adding one to a pre-existing thread is though.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Honestly, it's a very interesting question. I want to tell you that you got me thinking. Why do you even ask that question, what makes you think that?

Nothing more than pointless web surfing of psychology related topics.

Although...if you are interested I wouldn't mind hearing your take on the question.

Back