• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Megafuz Sprites V1.0

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Hi everyone! :D I decided to finally start a thread instead of displaying my work in the Spriters Lounge.

My custom sprites are a long term project I call the MegaDex. Every time I finish 6 new sprites, I will redo these sheets. You can start to see a theme developing here, with tentative "starters" at the beginning of the lineup, and tentative "lengendaries" like the Desert & Tundra dinosaurs, and Corcyro at the back of the lineup. Obviously, I only have two water starters at this point(the mid-evo is a work in progress) and I have yet to make the fire starters. But like I said, this is a long term project and I am nowhere near finished. Here is what I have to this point. I'd love to hear some C&C.

MegaDex
    Megafuz Sprites V1.0

Megafuz Sprites V1.0

Megafuz Sprites V1.0

Megafuz Sprites V1.0

Megafuz Sprites V1.0

Megafuz Sprites V1.0

New Releases!
    September 14, 2005
    Megafuz Sprites V1.0

September 13, 2005
    Megafuz Sprites V1.0
    Megafuz Sprites V1.0

Last edited:

Draik

Hi.
    Years
    Me too.
    Well, there not bad certainly, but some of them could use some improvements.
    These are made up Pokemon right?
    Just for the Ghost thingamabobber [XD], I suggest a different kind of shape. Right now, it looks like, two spheres, 1 large, 1 small wrapped with a tight hankie.
    For Armodian, it the head clashes with the rest of the hat, clothes, etc.
    Sorry if this sounded harsh.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    you know I love them, but yeah my favorite is the water dragon...the zebra/horse is very icely done...so nice I mistook the legs as that of ponyta's but ewhen I looked at them both again I realised they werent heavy edited legs, but custom...what I'm trying to say is that the legs, nono the whole sprite is nintendo quality

btw: sorry to hear bout your sis' horse...my uncle's cat(whom I was very close to)got in a state like that before she died about...6 months ago...it sounds mean but you should be happy she gt put down, because it means she wont be in pain no more, but still, it hurts

peace out
    ~vaati

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Sithre, thank you very much!

Sykora, you can never be too harsh! Constructive criticism is how spriters improve. Yes, these are all supposed to be made up pokemon and I appreciate your advice. Could you maybe elaborate with what you said about Armodian? I'm not quite sure what you meant, and do you have any specific ideas on how to change him, for example, a change of color somewhere? For your comment Themiscyra, yes, I know this is a very simple design, but that's how it was planned.

Vaati, thanks a lot for all the comments. Coming from a great spriter like you they mean a lot. And yes, Thorcolt is 100% custom, as all these sprites are. I can see how you might think it's a ripoff, but indeed, this was done by me, by hand.

Thanks again everyone!

Draik

Hi.
    Years
    What I meant was the unsealed head, that part, clashes, with the rest of the body/the colours do go too well. Also, the hat thing looks too big.
    To change the colours, I mean try and add abit shading to the head, it looks like a black circle. I suggest you use a lighter tone of gray.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Ok, here ya go Sykora. I scaled down the head a tad and tried gray on the head. Personally I don't think this looks good as the first one, but I wanna see what you think. The black is supposed to be the shadow from the head being back inside of the shell. Oh well...thoughts?

Megafuz Sprites V1.0
    Megafuz Sprites V1.0

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Yup, thanks Sykora. I have a few new sprites to unveil here tonight. Just have to transfer them from the computer in my room. Check back soon! ;)

[EDIT] Ok, here we go. As I mentioned above, I have a few new sprites to debut. I finally finished the pre-evolution of Nepscania. I'm still toying with the idea of a 2nd evolution that would come in between the two below. The other new sprite is Ithome. C&C welcome! :D

Megafuz Sprites V1.0
    Megafuz Sprites V1.0

Megafuz Sprites V1.0

Last edited:

Draik

Hi.
    Years
    I'll state my opinion.
    For the pre-evo, I prefer a "more original" disign. I think it looks too much like a fish +_+.
    For Itome, I think his beard is a little too fluffy to be stiff up, I think it should be drooping down alittle.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    It is a fish, hence the word Tuna in the name...Well, I have somewhat of an idea for the middle stage, so I'm gonna keep Neptuna as it is now. For Ithome, I dunno, I might play with the "beard" as you call it, but I'm currently working on something else. ;) Hopefully I'll have it done today/tonight sometime.

Umbreon's Shadow

People say KYUUUU?YEY!!!
    Years
    Neat.Its great to see decent spriters these days.Most people cant make one simple darn custom sprite.Puntas left front leg is kinda wierd in the "connection"between the leg and the body.Thorcolts shading could also be improved.Mainly near the neck.Everyone posted the other problems though.Keep up the great work!8/10

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Haha, thanks a lot Shadow! You're always very honest and to the point, so it's good to know you like my work. I know what you mean about Punta's front leg. That's supposed to be a shadow there, but it came out a little dark. I'll play around with it then. Thanks for the comments. :D

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    can i have squirtle green with 2 rayquaza horns

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    This isn't really a request thread :\ But....I'll make an exception I suppose. I'll do it later tonight.

Anywho, I finished my newest scratch earlier than expected. Weeee...a Cubloom!

Megafuz Sprites V1.0

Umbreon's Shadow

People say KYUUUU?YEY!!!
    Years
    Heh its a teddy bear.Its well shaded and the flowers in his head makes it more detailed and original,which is a problem.Cubloom isnt very original.Add some details and it will be better.7/10

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Hmm...Shadow, I read over your last post several times and I'm still not sure what you mean. :\ First you said it's original, then you said it's not?

Sykora, sorry you're allergic. Haha, maybe you'll be happier with the 2nd evolution ;)

*shudders* i...hate...fusions...please people, no more requests. Especially fusions. But Jake, here you go. Rayquaza's horns just looked rediculous on squirtle's head, so I just made my own.

Megafuz Sprites V1.0

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    They're all so cute.........I wish I could scratch-sprite like you....
    ZZzzzzzzzzZZzzzzzzz............sorry, i'm just sleepy, XD xD Xd

Back