• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] The Halls of the Screwed

Years
  • ZGquvHU.jpg

The Halls of the Screwed

It seemed like a good idea at the time. You did your research. You checked the website. You even looked at TripAdviser reviews. It all seemed to check out and be legit. Against all odds, you somehow seemed to have won a draw you didn't even realize you'd entered. You seemed to be the lucky recipient of a stay at a luxury mansion; fully staffed and begging you to take advantage of its facilities to relax.

But pools, hot tubs, trail rides and tennis courts can all go to hell because what you actually got isn't worth it. There are no staff. Not unless you count the ghostly apparitions you sometimes spot floating ominously down the halls. Luxury is an odd way to describe a dilapidated old building with creaking hallways and whispering walls. The nightmare creature stalking the halls with murderous intent doesn't really lead to a relaxing atmosphere. What's worse is that escape doesn't seem to be an option, every time you try to leave the grounds you just loop back around and come out on the other side of them.

Which assholes wrote those bullshit reviews?

What's the big idea?

The Halls of the Screwed is a lighthearted romp through your worst nightmares. Essentially, a quick RP where the goal is to play your characters from the time they arrive at the mansion at the end of Purgatory Road until you decide it's time for them to meet their grizzly end at the hands of The Matron or one of her ghostly servants.

Mechanically, the RP is divided into two segments. First, the Introduction - the brief period of the RP in which your characters arrive at Purgatory Road, meet each other and start to realise that things are a little bit dodgy. Second, the Hunt - the Matron and her ghosts hunting everyone down until none are left.

What you actually do in these segments is pretty much entirely up to you. Outside of those two "chapters", the RP is entirely freeform. You control the Matron and the ghosts. You determine when you're ready to dip out and your character dies. It doesn't matter if you make one post or ten. The entire point is for this to be a bit of quick fun in a different setting than we typically get in the RP sections here.

Okay, but who's the Matron?

The Matron is this lovely lady(?).

Spoiler:

She stalks the manor on Purgatory Road at night in search of victims. Nobody is really sure why she does it… and nobody ever lives long enough to find out. Maybe she's even the one who writes all those fake reviews.

What are the rules then?

- As always, GM word is law.
    - All RP and PC rules apply.
    - The rating is M.
    - Survival is not an option. Everyone dies and the RP ends when none of us are left. It's up to you when you're ready to dip out.
    - The setting is horror themed, but this is meant to be a bit of dumb fun. Feel free to lean into the horror and have great character moments. Just remember that, in the long run, The Halls of the Screwed isn't meant to be taken too seriously.

Where's the sign-up sheet?

Right here. Where it absolutely always was. After all, the mod of the section wouldn't stupidly forget to include this mandatory section. Never.

Name:
    Appearance:

Personality:

Background: Just some brief info on who your character is. You don't need to go too hard here since the goal is to kill them off anyway.

Who are the victims?

Other than myself, I'm taking a max of six players. I'd prefer to start with a full cast, but if I feel like it's taking too long, I'll kick it off and some people can just arrive late.

- gimmepie as Milo Bell
    - skywalker as Sergei Kam
    - tenfrogs as Touka Kaeru
    - Fairy as Adyson Mackenzie
    -
    -
    -

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    A horror RP where I can kill off my character? Love it. I'll sign up now and edit this later!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Name: Sergei Kam

Appearance: Sergei stands at 183 cm with unruly blonde locks around an often pinkish face with big blue eyes. He doesn't exactly prioritize working out, but him being vegan and generally thinking about what he eats has kept him in a lanky shape. He tends to wear jeans with rolled up ankles over loafers, and button-up shirts on his upper body - with a few unbuttoned. He keeps his digital camera close on this trip, as he's promised to take some sweet photos of this supposedly sweet mansion and the sweet landscape around it, for his, uh, friend. Yeah, just friends.

Personality: He's a bundle of emotions and they're all leaking out at all times, be it joy, sorrow, anger or fear. He's typically the person to interact before he's really thought about whether it's a good idea or not, but when he does realize that something is dangerous or risky he will not take the risk without good reason. He avoids coffee and alcohol but is addicted to green tea. His favorite animal is the majestic wild hare.

Background: It really is a pity that Sergei's gir- his friend didn't end up joining him on this vacation. She'd have loved it, he's sure! It'd have been perfect, just the two of them (and maybe some other visitors but they'd get their own room, uh, rooms) and they'd hung out every day and enjoyed the facilities and gone on excursions and... Yeah. She told him yesterday that she felt a bit ill and couldn't go, but urged him to go alone instead, or take someone else. Hah... He didn't want to go with someone else. But he also wasn't gonna admit that he only wanted to go here with her. So. He's going alone, now, and trying not to mope.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • zmmgDxA.png

Name
    Touka Kaeru​

Appearance
    Touka stands at 5'4" (162 cm) and has a slim athletic frame. Her eyes, depending on what light you catch them in, can be seen as either a deep blue or a fiery red, sometimes a mixture of the two. Her light brown hair reaches just past her shoulders, often hiding the two 24 mm plugs she has in her ears. She wears a black snapback, with yellow colouring on the underside of the flat of the cap. Her black jumper is baggy, yet plain, aside from a yellow accent directly in the middle. She wears black joggers that stop mid-shin, showing off her yellow socks. Her shoes are black and white sneakers.​

Personality
    What she lacks in size, Touka... also lacks in personality. She is a very quiet girl, often delivering her lines deadpan with a seeming complete lack of interest. While she has shown to care for those close to her, she doesn't particularly know anybody at this hotel getaway, so I wouldn't wager on seeing her crack a smile. She has a crippling addiction to the Redbull energy drink. She is generally fearless, or at least acts that way, however I don't think she's ever seen a ghost before...​

Background
    Touka was playing a word game on her phone when the notification popped up.

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE WON-

"Funny," she thought, "I don't remember entering a raffle..." Upon closer inspection, it looked like she'd won a stay at a luxurious mansion, all expenses paid and all inclusive. Not really her cup of tea. As she went to delete the email, she felt a tapping on her shoulder, and spinning around it was her father-in-law. Lazily pulling a headphone out of one of her ears, she tilted her head to enquire what he wanted. When he asked her if she could babysit for him and her mother this weekend, the idea of a free mansion stay was suddenly sounding appealing after all.

"Sorry. I'm busy"​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    yayy so now we wait.... for a few more victims?

Years
  • yayy so now we wait.... for a few more victims?

My character will be ready soon and we have Jo making a character (and I see you reading the thread right now Chura). So we'll have enough to be able to start soon I think. Even if it's not quite full.

Years
  • First time in a while I've not drawn my own faceclaim but that's a lot of effort to go to for a character I'm going to kill off. IC will be up this coming week probably!

Milo Bell
    31 | Male | "Perfect, a vacation. Now I can finally get some work done."

Appearance: Milo is a gentle-looking man of fairly average height - about 5'9" - with a slim build. He's heard himself described as fairly good-looking, but more on the "cute" side than the handsome. His thick brown hair is extremely unruly, jutting out in all kinds of directions, despite his best attempts to keep it reigned in. Tired-looking blue eyes peak out from behind his round glasses.

Although he makes a point of being well-presented appearance-wise - typically donning a suit and tie even when he isn't at work - the effect is somewhat lost because of his permanently dishevelled look. In addition to his mop of hair, his tie frequently comes loose, his jackets often end up creased and his shirt is frequently half-untucked. He looks like a man who has fallen asleep at his desk and then bolted upright for work in the morning... which is frequently the case.

Personality: Milo is a mild-mannered workaholic whose brain is perpetually focused on his job even when it really shouldn't be. He thoroughly enjoys it and doesn't stress easy in the traditional sense, but his already demure presentation and high workload have quickly lead to him developing a sleepy demeanour that others sometimes find off-putting.

Because of his natural friendliness and eternal state of sleep-deprivation and exhaustion, Milo can seem somewhat aloof. In reality though, he's actually a pretty passionate person. He takes pride in who he is, right down to his appearance and is passionate about doing good, helping people and making the world a fairer and more just place.

Milo is not prone to anger and is almost never explosively so, even in his tiredness. In his line of work, keeping up a façade of confidence and calmness is important and he has internalised those notions. He's only human though and can sometimes fall into passive-aggression and dry wit as a means of venting the frustrations he's trying to bury.

Background: Milo is a junior at a law firm, primarily working in criminal law as a defence attorney. Specifically, the firm he works for makes a point of doing as much pro bono work as they can and do a lot of work for the disadvantaged. Milo applied there for these very reasons, but is extremely overworked as a result of the high case load that results from this unusually altruistic company.

Not usually one to take vacations, Milo originally wasn't going to bother following through with his apparent lucky break. But, he quickly realised that this was the idea opportunity to get away from his noisy (concerned) roommates and his hectic office... to get some time alone to make some progress on his work. Being able to do it in a state of luxury is just an added bonus.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Name: Adyson Mackenzie
    Spoiler:

Personality: Adyson is spunky and easily excitable, but most of all - she's suspicious of this vacation! This seems like a perfect destination for her ghost hunting, because ghosts are obviously real and you can't convince her otherwise! Look at that spooky mansion, yeah, it's probably some beachside timeshare but Adyson would bet at least ten bodies have been found there. At Least! She's naive, well meaning, but still full of attitude and deeply set in her beliefs. Her hobbies have isolated her somewhat, with the exception of the paranormal boards and YouTube channels she frequents. So while she's more often than not optimistic, she can also be awkward and quick to interrupt others. Adyson doesn't mean too, she's just so excited to prove that her experiences with the beyond are real!

Background: Adyson grew up believing she had a sixth sense into the land of the dead. Lights would flicker when she walks into a room, orbs would appear in her photos, she would have dreams and visions of the recently deceased, and she even saw a full bodied apparition once! Well, probably, anyway. Her parents and few friends think she just has an overactive imagination, but they just didn't see the strange things she did. They were never there at the right time or would simply explain away her undeniable proof as just "dust particles" or "a bug on the camera lens". Because of her belief, she's always prepared for an opportunity to finally convince the world of the paranormal!

Inventory: Her phone, equipped with a FLIR (Forward Looking InfraRed) app to detect heat signatures, a pair of night vision glasses that are definitely not just green tinted sunglasses she overpaid for, a go-pro camera, multiple flashlights which conveniently seem to go out all the time, an EMF detector to read electromagnetic fields in an area, and finally a small handheld recorder that she uses to talk to and record disembodied voices. All of these items are of dubious quality.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd like to get into the rp community here, and this is the only one open rn (I think?) so I may as well join. It looks like a pretty interesting idea!
    Just checking that there's no expected SU length or anything like that? I would assume not but the other people here made some pretty impressive stuff and I feel like I haven't written enough lol

Years
  • I'd like to get into the rp community here, and this is the only one open rn (I think?) so I may as well join. It looks like a pretty interesting idea!
    Just checking that there's no expected SU length or anything like that? I would assume not but the other people here made some pretty impressive stuff and I feel like I haven't written enough lol

There's no official length or anything here and I'm going to be pretty lenient with characters that are destined for death regardless! If I feel like I need to know more, I'll let you know, but you should be fine.

Back