• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Iolite (a Ruby hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Hack Name: Pokémon: Iolite Version

Hack Of: Pokémon Ruby Version (U) [AXVE]

Intro: This is my second hack, but the first one I've stuck with for a while. I called it 'Iolite' because that's a type of gem, and there is no such hack, etc. called Pokémon Iolite before this. There will be a lot of changes from Ruby, though it still takes place in Hoenn.

Story: Pretty much the same as R/S; you're an aspiring traveler who collects Pokémon League badges, and, somehow or other, ends up playing the hero against all of an evil organization's plots. There is a new island south of EverGrande, which will be involved in the story in some way.

Features:
  • Shinou Pokémon
  • One Fakemon (not yet in)
  • Edited Maps
  • Some New Scripts
  • New Tiles (more to come)
  • And a lot more!
Screenshots:
screen1.PNG
screen2.PNG

screen3.PNG

A little spoiler about Mystery Island...
Spoiler:

Current Release: Beta 1.0 (Download)

UPDATE 9/25/06: I've edited the title screen a bit, but I have yet to finish it. THAT IS NOT MEWTWO!
title.png

UPDATE 10/5/06: Here's a set of all the scratch tiles I've done so far, and a preview of how a section of a map might look with these tiles.
5466.jpeg

UPDATE 10/11/06: I made a banner! Paste it in your sig if you support my hack.
[URL="http://www.theud.com/pokecommunity/showthread.php?t=74655"][IMG]http://www.upithere.com/image/5669.jpeg[/IMG][/url]

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
It's better than R/S's plain black. At least there's color.
EDIT: OMG! I just realized that the arrangement of the first two screens practically fuses them to look like they're of the same place! However, those are two totally different locations.

Last edited:

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Im in a rush, so I can't check it out right now, but it looks hilarious! A TALKING Mew?! I thought all they said was "Mew" or sumthin! Guess I was wrong, huh? Will there be talkin' Groudon? Mayb' Talking Kyogre? Possible talking Regi's?

Years
Im in a rush, so I can't check it out right now, but it looks hilarious! A TALKING Mew?! I thought all they said was "Mew" or sumthin! Guess I was wrong, huh? Will there be talkin' Groudon? Mayb' Talking Kyogre? Possible talking Regi's?

Well, if you ever seen the first movie, with mew's counterpart Mewtwo, then youd know highly psychic pokemon can talk like humans, but you can only hear it in your head.. or so the movie's/shows depict it to be..

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
Years
Nice glitches XD...

I pick Buoysel, and I can get a move, that deletes my other one, makes it so I can't access Water Gun, and do weird stuff... Nice.

And it looks as if it stops in Rustboro Gym, thanks to after I beat Roxanne's Geodude. Weird.

I can't really help you in terms of advice, so I just pointed out some glitches.

From,
~TheRoad

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
You can always patch it to VisualBoyAdvance. First thing you have to do is rename the ROM to the patch (in this case beta1) then load it on VisualBoyAdvance.

You have to make sure, however, that Automatic IPS Patching is on. If you want to do that (groan)

Click -> Options
Click -> Emulator
Click -> Automatic Blah Blah (IPS Patching)

Aside from that, this looks hilarious. The game, I mean. Not your skills.

But, I'm just starting the game...

From,
~TheRoad

PS: Oh my ......
the text is so unreadable.
Maybe you should make the text colors darker? Like green -> navy blue, or something like that.
Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi.
The text tutorial is in the tuts section. And I don't mean the grandma section.

PPS: What did you do to that poor Buoysel? It's covered in soot!
And it screams! Are you trying to kill me here?

PPPS: BTW, how far is the beta?
Text Colors: Sorry, I am limited on what colors I can use, and most of them are kinda bright...
Buoysel: Covered in soot?! It looks fine on mine... Send a screeny, plz. And the cry... PokeCryGUI did that to the WAV I put in...
The beta allows endless play, but I've only edited Littleroot, Route 101, and Southern Island (I kinda jumped a bit, eh?)
To everyone else, thank you for your comments. I'll release the next beta after I touch up Oldale and Route 103. (And fix some problems with my tileset @__@)
EDIT: Actually, it does end after you beat Rox, because I blocked Briney's place. :P Those are some wierd glitches you pointed out, TheRoad, I'll look into those. And DarkArcz, all Pokémon talk in this hack, OK?

gbshark

Pokemon Master
Years
O.k. I played your beta dark lucario.(I don't know whether this happens to everyone)
I noticed some faults:1)Buoysel's image is messed up when you select it from birch's bag.
2)Buoysel's info is not given in the pokedex.
3)Buoysel learns an attack called - when it reaches lvl10.It disables water gun.But when Buoysel learned another move (can't remember which) it automatically replaced - .And then water gun became accessible.
4)The game froze after i defeated roxxane's geodude.
(I patched the hack into a clean ruby rom)
Well I wish you luck in completing the game.

Years
Umm i finally got it to work, and... for a child's game.. it has some mild language.. lol, and why does the main character live in a gym?

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
O.k. I played your beta dark lucario.(I don't know whether this happens to everyone)
I noticed some faults:1)Buoysel's image is messed up when you select it from birch's bag.
2)Buoysel's info is not given in the pokedex.
3)Buoysel learns an attack called - when it reaches lvl10.It disables water gun.But when Buoysel learned another move (can't remember which) it automatically replaced - .And then water gun became accessible.
4)The game froze after i defeated roxxane's geodude.
(I patched the hack into a clean ruby rom)
Well I wish you luck in completing the game.
1) I know about that, and I'll change the starters soon.
2) I inserted Buoysel as a new Pokémon instead of replacing one. It won't show up in the Dex. However, if you choose a different starter and catch a Buoysel on Route 104, it will show data.
3 & 4) OK, that's very wierd. I'll take a look at those, but I never had those problems on my own game...

@Razmaster: I never said it was a child's game, there is some brief mild language. (but not enough to exceed E10+) Also, the gym-like houses are just there because... well, it looks better, right?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
THIS IS A GOOD HACK

but THE trees if you can do better than these trees

but these tree is not so bad

and can you upload the beta in megaupload.com

and thanx

pencilbuddy

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2009
the only 4th generation pokemon i found is buyosel is there more if so list them thanks

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
master pokemon: The tileset is still in progress.
pencilbuddy: I've only inserted Buoysel so far. I will eventually put in Lucario, Weavile, and maybe Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr. and Tamanta. I'm also putting in one of my own creations for a sidequest or something like that, and that Pokémon's silhouette might be on the title screen (see first post).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I think there's a problem (freeze) with Buoysel when it reaches lv13 (probably the people who had this problem where at this level?), that, at least happened to me after a battle with a Hiker.
Using a gray font on a white textbox?. I don't think so...
Good luck with the tiles (specially the bigger trees), they need just a little more work.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
I have no clue what's going on with Buoysel, I haven't encountered any such problems in my own game, but I'll check out all the glitches you've reported. I will do some more tile editing soon, and fix those trees. At the moment, I'm mostly concerned with creating a new hero and heroine, but I'll be sure to check out the trainer problems and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back