• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years

Joseph Lucien // Rivas
    Male // 18 // Canada // Beater

«Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Personality: Joseph is amiable if you speak to him, but timid if you don't. He occasionally may speak to you first, but most of the time he only speaks when spoken to, or in battle, where he's extremely enthusiastic and, in true SAO fashion, yells out every single one of his Sword Arts when he uses them, unless the situation calls for otherwise. He's not as determined as others to beat SAO, because he's aware once he leaves, chances are he'll never return.

In general, Joseph is quick and intelligent, but is not quite witty and may not get some- but not all- jokes the first time around. He tends to procrastinate, and do things in order of preference rather than importance, making him seem disorganized or rather stupid. It's more that although he realizes that something may be more important, he chooses what is more important to him- if he choose between helping someone he knows and helping a stranger, he'll obviously help those he knows. He also has a crude dislike of people who are indecisive, as he makes decisions on a whim. Although this seems rash, he has the skill of putting several things together all at once, and although he isn't detective worthy he can come up with plans quickly- or not come up with plans at all. He generally tries to be kind, and apologizes whenever he's offended someone, unless he believes the reason behind why he did so is just.

In battle, Joseph is quick and has two different tactics. He will either speed through the battle or get it over with quickly if he believes it's easy, or he will focus on survival if he believes it's a challenge. Due to having a high level with the Battle Healing skill due to pushing himself a lot at the beginning, he has become quicker and more rash to boot. He tends to be good at giving orders, but can also go into action as well. He's most enthusiastic while in battle, since the thrill is still new and amazing to him. He's regarded as being great in battle, but some have commented he may need some work.

His favorite food is any kind of bread or sandwich, and he tends to be serious as a default mood. If he's not serious, he's cheerful.

History: Joseph was born on a cold March 20th in Quebec City, Canada. It was here where he learned a bit of French as he grew up in a normal way. Well... sort of normal. It wasn't normal for a kid to be so quiet. It wasn't normal for a kid who was born in a city to be homeschooled. And it definitely wasn't normal for him to excel under these circumstances faster than others. Up to the age of nine, he was all but mute, his parents having to explicitly tell everyone he was just timid. In fact, at home he was loud and cheerful, and there was no reason that they could find why he was the exact opposite outside.

At nine, however, he began to open up more. His parents began to realize that he had been secluded due to his homeschooling, sending him to a boarding school instead. This forced him to be more social, whether he liked it or not. Finally, he was sent to a public high school where he was chipper and sociable. It was in high school where he became extremely kind. At this point, his parents had moved to Toronto instead, but he had known English as his first language anyhow [as his parents weren't natives to Quebec].

He was a single child. Still is. He hadn't done anything wrong. He wanted to explore the world, he wanted to see Asia, and the Caribbean, and maybe everything else too. Eventually he got tired of dreaming and traveled to France, then Italy, then Portugal and Spain. Or at least, he did in his mind in his university studies. What he really wanted was somewhere new, or undiscovered. When he was chosen as a Beta player, he knew it was his chance. He took up this chance to play immediately, hoping to find something cool to do... or something.

He entered the game various times, tried out his strength, and the like. However, after the incident with Kayaba and death and whatnot, Joseph- now Rivas- quickly became more quiet. Eventually, he decided that although he knew the only way to get to the top was to be strong, he would take his time. Regardless, taking his time was much different than everyone else's perception of doing so, hence why he's now on the second floor.

Skills:

• Forging
    • Sprint
    • Battle Healing
    • One Handed Straight Sword

Sword Arts:

• Dance of Locks [Red]- The player holds the sword towards their side, perpendicular to their body. Within five seconds, they can pinpoint up to six enemies and attack each one with a hard perfectly accurate strike; the user's motions seem like they're dancing. It never misses, and is extremely hard to block. However, it fails if the player is attacked during these five seconds. The amount of time that it takes to pinpoint gets lower as the player's level gets higher. This art can be interrupted by Delay.
    • Graceful Revolution [Green]- The player throws the sword up in the air. If they catch it, they gain the half amount of HP taken from the attacks they inflict on their enemy; if dropped, they grab the sword again and gain a burst of speed. Can only be used when in the yellow, and lasts three minutes. It is much more effective if used in the red, or when the enemy is in the yellow. This art cannot be interrupted by Delay, nor can the sword be hit while it's in the air. It can only be used once every 30 minutes.

Equipment:

1. Blue Light- A thin, blue one-handed sword that slightly increases the base damage caused by Sword Arts. Powerful regardless.
    2. Red Cloak- Literally what it sounds like. No special effects.
    3. Satchel- Brown and raggedy. Allows a bit more to fit in your inventory.
    4. Under Armor- Prevents over 60% drops in HP caused by a physical attack. Generally chainmail and other stuff covered by the red cloak.
    5. Scarf- A red, tattered scarf. Does nothing.
    6. Flexiboots- Look like boots, work like sneakers! Increases Agility slightly.

Other: Joseph entered the game without glasses, hence his appearance. He also likes to be called "Lucian," since his last name is "Lucien." Actually, he likes them both, really.

Level: 15
    Code: Link Start!

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
    Holy crap! Everybody has swaggin' CSS andc crap, and I'm over here like, "I've held hands once."

Real Life Name: Erik Bjornsson
    In-game name: Ragnorak

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Rognarr stands at 5'8, being quite short for his age, but there is a good deal of strength in his arms.

Personality:
    Erik is shy, timid, awkward, riddled with social impediments, and scared. He has almost no self-esteem, and is covered with the scars of being bullied throughout high school. He thought death was the only way to escape the terrible life that he went through. Despite being slightly above average in terms of intelligence, he thought that would make him a target for bullies, so he kept it on the down low. There was nothing for him on Earth.

Aincrad was a different story.

When Erik learned about SAO, and the potential it had to take him away from his real life challenges, he took the opportunity to create an entirely new persona: Rognarr. Rognarr is the exact opposite of Erik in every possible way, with the exception of appearance. He's loud, stupidly fearless, brash, boisterous, vulgar, violent, and everything in between. He is the life of the party, usually leading a group in a drinking song or something to that effect. Despite his habit of consuming large amounts of alcohol, he has a very high tolerance. Rognarr views himself as an unstoppable force of nature, since brute force tends to be his way of solving things. If he can't solve it with brute force, he uses brute force anyways. Despite his brutish nature, he would die before he watched someone get bullied. It pulls a string of hatred in his heart from his days before SAO. Since he has been in so many tough scraps in the past, his scars have come across as battle scars. Rognarr would gladly die before he watches a friend die. He considers himself a Warrior Poet, much like the vikings of his ancestry. (There may or may not be a collaboration between him and Taka.)

While he isn't exactly a loner, Rognarr is definitely not a team player. He's arrogant, rash, and thick-headed. He ignores any orders given to him, tending to act on instinct rather than strategy. He likes to be around people, mainly when outside of battle. He turns into a mad man, swinging at everything with a vaguely inhuman shape. When he enters the Blood Lust, he turns into a mindless savage. He begins to attack anything within ten feet of him, often hitting a teammate on accident. If he ever finds out he was the cause of a teammate's death, who knows what he'll do?

History:
    Erik was born in Oslo, Norway, on a cold, but sunny, November evening. He was raised speaking Norwegian, but he learned English on the side. His parents were both psychiatrists, and raised him while conducting their own cruel experiments at the same time. These ranged, and were not limited too: Pretending they weren't home for hours to see his reaction, leading him on a goose chase to catch a non-existent species of frog, and one telling him that he was in trouble while the other told him he was off the hook. These experiments turned him into a bit of an emotional wreck. When he started school, he was afraid of everybody, and ended up punching a teacher in the face out of sheer reaction. Middle school began his period of terror. Kids were awful to him due to his lack of emotional stability, courtesy of his wonderful parents. In his time of need, he had one thing to turn to.

Erik learned that his ancestry went back to fearsome vikings, many of which were captains of their own boats. One, he imagined, was even the King of the Vikings. He would forget his troubles and woes when he would read about his ancestors. They helped him get through his hardest times, although he would still be dragged back down to reality the next day at his public high school. He was what his classmates would call, "Emo." He avoided social activity, listened to sad, depressing music, and even wrote some sad poetry. One thing led to another, and eventually he was contemplating suicide.

His depression was at its peak when SAO was released for the general public. He heard that you could create your own character, based off of what YOU want. He got in line extremely early in the morning, and purchased the first copy sold in Norway. He went home and eagerly set the system up, and got in his starting position. When the game started, he was amazed at the graphics, and at his own avatar: A big, red headed, dread-locked bearded, viking warrior. After the announcement in the Town of Beginnings, he took a vow that he would stop this death game as quickly as possible, and he has been working towards that goal ever since. He was present at the Floor 1 boss battle, but he played a very minor role, as in he was dealing with the Sentinels. He is now presently on Floor 2, staying at an inn by the name of the "Fighting Battle-Ax."

Skills:
    - Two-Handed Battle Ax
    - Howl
    - Musical Instruments (Any played in Skyrim, but he only has a drum and a flute for now.)
    - Sprint

Equipment:
    1. The Northern Star: The massive battle ax that Rognarr carries around. Its base power is well above the normal ax's strength, but it is large and unwieldy. One can swing it however fast as they please. The only problem is making sure it hits its target. Rognarr is slightly adept with it.
    2. Tunic of Fire: A regular tunic that provides very little damage resistance, but completely blocks fire damage.
    3. Cloak of the Dawn: Other than a slight defense increase, it increases the user's attack a significant amount either at the break of dawn, or when their health is below 10%
    4. Gauntlets of the Guardian: Provides a slight defense increase
    5. Belt of Champions: Just has an over-grandiose name. Nothing special.
    6. Boots of Glory: Other than being warm and snuggly, they provide a slight defensive boost, as well as a speed boost.
    7. Sash of Ice: Provides an elemental resistance to ice damage, and other than that, has absolutely no effect.
    Sword arts:
    Fury of the Valkyries': Orange:: User's Battle Axe becomes immensely light and can be swung with the maximum amount of force that can be used by the user's body (25% Chance of hitting). Can be used every ten minutes.

Blood Lust: Crimson: Activates only when Rognarr/Erik is down to 20% health or lower. The user is surrounded by a blood red aura entirely, their eyes turn red, and their canine teeth turn sharp. Attack damage is doubled and user becomes immune to flinching for a short duration of time. (20 seconds at the most) When the user exits Blood Lust (After 2 minutes at the most), he is rendered energy-less for three minutes.

Level: 15
    Code: KAIOKEN!...Wait...My bad. Link start!

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    I've noticed that a lot of Roleplays have been predominantly female. Then again, so is my roster well over half the time.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Yeah that generally seems to be the case. People seem to usually just write for their gender I try and go back and forth with male and female characters, though I feel like since coming to PC, I've been using a lot of female characters.

I was originally planning on reusing an old character for this roleplay since she was made for a SAO roleplay (which was actually the precursor to this one actually), but seeing the request for male characters I just decided to adjust things a bit and make a new character. I'm pretty happy with what I came up with for Aidan though.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
    See, that's the ironic thing. Me and Dusk here have two female characters a piece (technically three, counting Shiren).

...In fact, thinking about it now, I think we may be a good part of the female inflation :x

No, really? Why would you think that? *sarcasm*

Kenneth, Kranic and Heretostay123 are accepted. Heretostay, please take honor of your name this time and really stay xD

That awkward moment when your character has her kiss under the mistletoe faster than you do...

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
    Ah yeh! I'm back, baby! I promise I will NOT leave Unless situation demands it. I'll get my first post up soon.

Just curious, can I keep Taka as a side bonus?

And I'm responsible for the extreme amount of annoying bards.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
    Firstly, welcome to Kenneth and Kranic, and welcome back, Heretostay :)

@Kenneth - Your post was referring to the fight Robin and Turnip are in now, right? Or did it just happen to be another fight with a very similar situation... eh, I have no qualms with Rivas joining in, but it's SD's decision more than anyone's.

Also, it's going to be a 3v3 soon enough, as soon as machomuu posts as Kagome, so I don't know what unbalancing the odds would mean. Still, bleh, sneaky PKer in hiding or whatever, I don't know. Fish.

Sapphire Rose

Years
    If Kenneth's post is indeed about Robin, Kagome and Turnip's fight then I recommend him to change his post to make it look like a different fight.

EDIT: I'm planning on ending the IC day on saturday. I might delay it a bit because of the holidays.

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
    I was referring to that fight, sorry. he's not a pker tho

I knew it eventually would be balanced [but from Rivas's point of view it wouldn't]. The thing about that post is that Rivas isn't doing anything, merely watching the fight unless someone tells him to do something. I figured that if you guys wanted him to be a part of it, that you could bring him in, and that if not, he'll just sit there, eat his sanndwich, and be on his way without doing anything...

But, if that's a problem, I'll change it soon, when I'm not on my 3DS and on something more capable of doing so.

EDIT: Edited. He's still at the Lone Tree, but he's on the other side. I'm assuming that the tree is bigger than a redwood tree, which is big enough for him to not see what's going on at a glance, so he's assuming it's just a bunch of people attacking monsters. He's also eating a sandwich, if you're interested.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
    Merry Christmas everyone!

SAO has been around in the RPC for a few months now and I really hope it'll still be alround at the end of 2014 c: I'm not going to let this die so easily, just warning. I honestly think it's you guys who keep this alive rather than the GM's, so thank you! Let's make 2014 a good year!

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Yeeeeaaaaahh, happy holidays and all things good!

As for longevity, I feel this RP has very good potential for being extremely long-lived. A lot of our posters are very regular. On top of that, even when people do leave, it seems like it only takes like half a day for any spots to be filled. We've all got a good thing going here ;)

Back