• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
  • I'm coming back, baby!

Real Life Name: Erik Bjornsson (Eh? Eh?)
    In-game name: Rognarr (Has been come to be known as Rognarr the Red by some)

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Erik is shy, timid, awkward, riddled with social impediments, and scared. He has almost no self-esteem, and is covered with the scars of being bullied throughout high school. He thought death was the only way to escape the terrible life that he went through. Despite being slightly above average in terms of intelligence, he thought that would make him a target for bullies, so he kept it on the down low. There was nothing for him on Earth.

Aincrad was a different story.

When Erik learned about SAO, and the potential it had to take him away from his real life challenges, he took the opportunity to create an entirely new persona: Rognarr. Rognarr is the exact opposite of Erik in every possible way, with the exception of appearance. He's loud, stupidly fearless, brash, boisterous, vulgar, violent, and everything in between. He is the life of the party, usually leading a group in a drinking song or something to that effect. Despite his habit of consuming large amounts of alcohol, he has a very high tolerance. Rognarr views himself as an unstoppable force of nature, since brute force tends to be his way of solving things. If he can't solve it with brute force, he uses brute force anyways. Despite his brutish nature, he would die before he watched someone get bullied. It pulls a string of hatred in his heart from his days before SAO. Since he has been in so many tough scraps in the past, his scars have come across as battle scars. Rognarr would gladly die before he watches a friend die. He considers himself a Warrior Poet, much like the vikings of his ancestry. (There may or may not be a collaboration between him and Taka)

History:

Skills: (See the skills list two sections below this one. You need at least one weapon skill, combat skill and non-combat skill.)
    - Two-Handed Battle Axe
    - Howl
    - Musical Instruments (Any played in Skyrim, but he only has a drum and a flute for now.)
    - Battle Healing

Sword arts:
    Fury of the Valkyries': Orange:: User's Battle Axe becomes immensely light and can be swung with the maximum amount of force that can be used by the user's body (25% Chance of hitting)

Blood Lust: Crimson: Activates only when Rognarr/Erik is down to 20% health or lower. Attack damage is doubled and user becomes immune to flinching for a short duration of time. (20 seconds at the most) When the user exits Blood Lust (After 2 minutes at the most), he is rendered energy-less for three minutes.

Level: 14
    Code: KAIOKEN!...Wait...My bad. Link start!

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • What kind of level are the guys? Just for difficulty reference.

Also, what's with the blank video thing in your IC post? It died for me :(

The one with the axe is level 16 and the one with the spear is level 15.

I happen to know the answer d:

EDIT: SD's video:

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • The one with the axe is level 16 and the one with the spear is level 15.

I happen to know the answer d:

Why are all these mafia guys such superb grinders? Is that a thing? Maybe it's all completely under our noses, someone needs to do an investigation into the dark secrets of MLG :P

Oh, just occurred to me that these guys probably aren't real-world mafia people all randomly in SAO. Hired goons or something, PKer guild, working with mafia people, whatever... Hired goons are pretty cool, though. I mean, they're not, but having bodyguards just makes you a guy with bodyguards. Having hired goons makes you awesome.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Why are all these mafia guys such superb grinders? Is that a thing? Maybe it's all completely under our noses, someone needs to do an investigation into the dark secrets of MLG :P

Oh, just occurred to me that these guys probably aren't real-world mafia people all randomly in SAO. Hired goons or something, PKer guild, working with mafia people, whatever... Hired goons are pretty cool, though. I mean, they're not, but having bodyguards just makes you a guy with bodyguards. Having hired goons makes you awesome.

The mafia guy that Robin killed earlier was part of a PKer guild. The guild is now after both Robin and Lucina but the remaining mafia guys inside the game will only go after Lucina of course. This is just part of her personal story though so no one should be affected by it.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • @PinkSapphire That makes more sense, now I think about it XD

Turnip, mind of Kagome takes the level 16 one?

No probs. Turnip might hit the other one occasionally with Pulse Edge or maybe if Boomeraxe strays, but the guy's yours for the most part. Wow, I didn't realise when I thought of the idea at first how useful Boomeraxe is. It's a total flinch machine. People don't expect a flying axe to come out of nowhere and eviscerate their face - I imagine it's really off-putting.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • I regretfully say that I think I will be resigning from this RP. You guys are awesome, but I just can't figure out what I want to do with Nirvana anymore and I think it'd be unfair to others if I took up a spot when I've become so inactive. Also, Dements is resigning as well. He is currently unable to use a computer and he has no idea when he may be able to use one again. We both apologize and wish this RP the best of luck in the future.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Heretostay123- meh, they're fine c: don't worry about them.

Colony- That's too bad. Feel free to rejoin whenever you feel like it ^^

Well then guys, time for shameless advertising~

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Can I has reservation? I've been following the thread for a while in hopes that a spot would open, although I feel bad for those who've had to go.

You are now reserved c: please submit your SU within 3 days. If you need more time then please VM me ^^

Years
  • Oc

Real Life Name: Xavier Escobar

In-game name: Saber

Appearance: Xavier is a fit looking male with a skinny athletic build; he considers himself to be quite tall, standing at 5'10"and weights around 145 lbs. Xavier has a healthy shade of pale for his skin along with semi-long raven black hair that is usually styled in the "just got out of bed" messy way, along with a few bangs going on his face. Xavier has soft looking gray orbs for eyes, though they usually seem to hold a sort of mischief/something else in them. Xavier wears the default starter equipment, not finding any actual reason to change it. His sword is a rapier, when not in combat it is usually in it's dark brown leather sheath that's attached to his belt on Xavier's right side.

Personality: Xavier has been described as a lot of things; on one hand Xavier is usually a carefree-seemingly unmotivated individual and it isn't weird that he gives off that "lazy" vibe as first impression, or so he has been told countless times. On another hand Xavier can seem pretty lively aswell, in fact it isn't unusual for Xavier to be seen telling a couple of jokes or doing some sort of crazy shenanigan that questions his IQ. When his humorous side pops up it tends to be more of a sarcastic and crude nature, but is capable of changing to more "dull" jokes that can range from crappy catchphrases, to overly cheesy lines, and various misused references from animes, TV shows, and from all over the internet. It may seem like otherwise but Xavier is actually smarter than most people give him credit for, although he's no Einstein he can put two and two together and use common/logical sense; but other than that you might not want to rely on him coming up with a strategy in a desperate moment. Though it's not a big part of his personality Xavier can be considered a flirt, and Xavier would be lying if he said that while trapped in the virtual reality game he hasn't tried to get "married" with a few female acquaintances of his for a reason or another. Though his flirting is mostly to break the ice and joke around it can easily be misinterpreted for something else, which usually ends up with violent acts of rage or a massive one sided swear off directed towards him, atleast that's the experiences he has gotten so far.

Despite Xavier being overall a pretty friendly and optimistic individual, Xavier has quite a temper and once he gets mad he doesn't cool down for awhile and sorta rage quits. Also unless Xavier has no option he isn't exactly the type to share and is very straightforward when he says "no" making Xavier look a bit rude, atleast that's what he thinks anyways. Upon arriving to the world of Sword Art Online and suddenly being trapped in it Xavier hasn't changed much, though he may be more adventurous and a bit more serious about things but at the same time cares deeply for his friends, no matter how cheesy that sounds. Although he was forcefully trapped inside the game Xavier finds the virtual world he is living in fascinating, and wants to see every single place their is to see and experience every single thing you can experience.

History: Xavier lived a pretty average childhood life, despite his father leaving both him and his mother to fend on their own while the bastard went who knows where they where ok financially. With very close family members and friends living nearby they helped his mother over come her depression and get her back on her feet, though meanwhile Xavier had grown a strong hatred towards his-no, he had grown a strong hatred towards the bastard that shall not be named. After that ordeal life returned to being...how to explain...life went back to being 'regular,'atleast as regular life could be. Xavier attended school, he was ok on must subjects and a decent player in a variety of sports but otherwise Xavier just blended in with the crowd. And soon after an extra long day in highschool in his senior year Xavier found himself bored of his own life...

That day seem so regular, simply Xavier surfing through the web and checking forums he was part on. Never would Xavier have guessed after hearing about a new hyped game in particularly one out of the countless forums he was part of .would lead Xavier to buying said game, and that event would make him only one out of the 10,000 gamers that where, to put it simply, trapped in the virtual reality game called Sword art Online.

Skills:

• -Fishing
    • -Sprint
    • -Battle Healing
    • - One Handed Rapier

Sword arts:

Flaming Blade-Only usable once the user is closed to reaching the yellow zone. The user takes a straight posture position with the raiper's blade right infront of the users face, the sword then begins to shine in a dark orange shade before Sprint ability is activated. After reaching the target the user begins to slash 4 times, with each slash getting stronger then the last, before stopping until the target is numbed down to the same HP as the user. This skill can be canceled.

Witches touch-The user points his blade towards the opponent while having a straight posture. Suddenly the sword begins to shine a dark shade of indigo. Usually lasting 30-35 seconds the user slashes about 3-6 times and has a 40% chance in poisoning the target.

Level: Level 14

Code: Link Start

Last edited:

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    So I spent a bunch of time trying to find the clean full body art for this character. Closest I got was this. I had to rip open a swf file to get it, another flash had the full body on it, but I couldn't grab it because it got too complicated. I've given up so here's my sign up.

Aidan Starling

ign: Castor G

Appearance:

Personality:

On a normal day, Aidan is a pretty goofy person, matching his ridiculous avatar. He's incredibly high energy and likes to make jokes out of any opportunity. He has a bit of a swagger to him, always confident that things will go well. This trait usually attributes him as a good leader and he often find himself leading groups from his guild. This sometimes makes him think highly of himself coming off as either really cool or really cocky.

Aidan does his best genuinely enjoy playing the game. But he is human and like everyone else in the game has his own problems, but he tries to make the best of circumstance for him and the others stuck in this game with him.

History:

For as long as Aidan can remember, he has always taken great pride in protecting his younger sister. Though only a year apart, he has naturally done whatever was in his power to keep his sister happy, either just by staying in her vicinity as a baby or giving her the last bit of his meal. He has always loved his sister, which made their separation very painful for him.

Growing up Aidan wasn't faced with anything too difficult with life. He went to school, made friends, had the usual girl troubles; he was a pretty normal kid. Aidan had the usual fondness of videogames of boys his age and evolved to be a casual fan of JRPGs and furthermore MMORPGs. With the announcement of Swords Art Online, he was excited to try it, but wasn't lucky enough to get in the beta. When the game was finally released to the public, Aidan was a little low on money and took some time buy the game. He eventually bought two copies of the game for both him and his sister. After giving the copy to his sister, taunting her into getting a little head start, Aidan went out to handle some business. Unfortunately that day was December 6, 2022.

While out, Aidan learned about the 10,000 players that were stuck in the game and quickly rushed home to the find his sister with her NerveGear on. Aidan experienced great guilt over introducing the even prompting her into playing the game on her own and felt it was his responsibility to help her get out. Going against his parents warnings Aidan decided that it was his responsibly to go into the game and protect her.

Putting on his own nerve gear without his parent's knowledge, he logged in quickly made a ridiculous looking character. Catching the list bit of Kayaba's speech and a hand mirror he searched the crowd for anyone that looked like his sister, sadly to no avail. The crowds eventually faded and soon enough Aidan was left practically alone with no direction in this new fantastical world. Holding back his tears he pounded at the ground screaming to the skies in his frustrations. His venting soon stopped as a voice called to him.

"Don't give up Castor."

Looking up in hopes that some of seeing his sister, all he found was an older man, probably well into his thirties, with his hand held out for the boy. Accepting his kind gesture, the boy began speaking to the man, telling him his story and learning much about him as well. The man's name was Vulcan, he was a beta tester (later dubbed beaters) who was pretty familiar with the game and on witnessing Aidan's venting deciding to take pity on the boy. He informed Aidan on what Kayaba's speech and emphasized the point that if he dies in the game, he would die permanently.

Warmed by the boy's story Vulcan decided to help him get through the game, guiding him into an unpopulated area not too many players knew about and prompting him on game mechanics. Aidan would have most definitely have died if it were not for this man's kindness. With renew vigor and hope, Aidan decided that he would become strong and let his name spread so that one day his sister may be able to find him.

The two eventually began a guild called the Vigilance Wings, with Vulcan as the leader and Aidan second in command. It's primarily focus is to help lost players find a place. The guild has slowly been growing as guild now stands with about 7 members.

Aidan still searching for his sister to this day though with very little luck. His efforts have subdued as he has grown used to his lifestyle as a player of the game and a leader if his guild, but he still puts in a lot of effort in getting his name known in the rare chance that his sister might hear of him and his search.

Skills:

• Parry
    • Sprint
    • Detection
    • One Handed Straight Sword

Aidan's fighting style revolves around being quick and countering opponent's move. He usually acts as a scout for missions using his detection skill to find traps. He's a very deadly 1v1 fighter.

Sword Arts:

Passion's Mirror (Orange) – Only able to be activated during a parry. User's blade turns orange and parries with a three hit combo. If the opponent used a sword art, parries using the same attack used by opponent. User takes no damage from attack.

Titan's Bide (Red) – User takes an offensive stance and blade glows for three second, any damage built up while blade glows will charge the attack. With a single forward strike returning any built up damage to opponent multiplied.

Level: 15
    Code: Link Start!

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Rintaro- both your sword arts are pretty over-powered. I'd like it if you'd describe the amount of slashes in the first sword art and that it can be cancelled by the delay skill. I'd allow an amount of 4 slashes for that sword art.

I'd like it if the second sword art wouldn't disable battle healing. disabling by the last slash would be fine though and you could give that sword art the ability to poison the opponent instead.. You could give it a 40% chance of being poisoned. Don't do both.

Kranic- I'll take a look at your SU when I wake up ^^

Back