• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ The Psionic Citadel ★ (Psychic Pokemon fan club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
@Hikari10- Your answer is correct.

2o, um, ii havent po2ted here iin a whiile. maiinly becau2e ii dont know what to 2ay and iim addiicted to home2tuck.

I wouldn't be suprised if this gets deleted by the mods. Not only does it present some difficulty of interpretation, but also a lot of off-topic-ness (if that's a word, which it probably isn't).

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
★ Which one is the better mono-psychic? Alakazam from gen1, Gardevoir from gen3 or Reuniclus from gen5?
I have to go with Alakazam on this one. He's got crazy Speed at 120, along with 135 Special attack. He's not one you should be ignoring when coming across the metagame. Reuniclus would be 2nd, great Special Attack matching Gardevoir, but much, much more Bulkier. But really, it only depends on how you use these three Pokemon to determine which is the best, they are all good in their own ways.

★ Which event exclusive Psychic pixie is the best? Mew, Celebi, Jirachi or Victini?
Mew by far. He can learn basically anything! Victini's V-Create is the only thing that keeps him good, other than that, I'd say Victini is just tied with Jirachi, since his fire type attacks can own Jirachi & Celebi. Celebi can be good as a Baton Passer, Jirachi can be a good decent wall.

★ Which of the 9 Psychic types in OU (Alakazam, Celebi, Espeon, Jirachi, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Reuniclus, Starmie) are overrated and should be in a lower tier?
If I must choose one of any of those 9 listed, I'd put Alakazam down to a lower tier. Celebi/Jirachi reason for the previous question stated. Espeon's Magic Bounce makes her queen. Metagross is just pure epic, and is mightly powerful. Starmie is just like Gengar, one of the most used Pokemon since Generation 1! Reuniclus has great Special Attack and is very Bulky. Latios is mighty strong and a bit bulky himself, as his sister, Latias, is very, very bulky!

I feel like writing a book here lol so Alakazam would be the one chosen. He would be overshadowed by Latios or Starmie basically.

★ Which Psychic types currently in a tier lower than OU should be in OU?
I'd say Wobbuffet should always be in the OU, more or less UBER.

★ *How would you use your Psychic Pokemon to pull pranks on someone?
They can wield Psychic powers, so therefore, I would have them make the phone randomly ring, WITHOUT using a phone! xD Or make a hallucination and have like, someone that you are a huge fan of knock on your door and you see them, and stuff. Fun, fun!

★ *What's your opinion on physically attacking Psychic types like Gallade? Do they add much needed variety or do they appear unsuitable (as they do not rely on their mental abilities)?
As part of the Ralts family, it would be more suitable to keep its Psychic type. Everytime I go against Psychic, I usually have that urge to get that Dark type ready, because of its resistance to Psychic. Not for Gallade. I use Flying types due to its added Fighting type on Gallade. xD

As being half Fighting type, Gallade adds much need variety*

Years
POTW Picture Time! This week it's about No.576 in the Pokedex - Gothitelle!

There's so many pics this time, Gothitelle is one of my faves.

Spoiler:

Hope you enjoy them all!

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
ii gue22 ii miight an2wer every topiic agaiin.

Which is the strongest Psychic type Pokemon?
2adly, ii thiink ii have to 2ay mewtwo.
Which Psychic type legendary is the best?
lugiia. or jiirachii. but defiinetly not celebii or mew/mewtwo.
Which is the best looking/most useful Psychic type move?
ii mu2t 2ay, hypno2ii2 ii2 awe2ome.
Who's the best Psychic type Gym Leader?
2ollux captor 2abriina ii2 a liittle two 2trong, 2o ii choo2e her 8)
Which Psychic type has the best shiny sprite?
meloetta look2 great iin her current 2hiiny 2priite.
Which Psychic type just needs a new sprite/design?
wobbuffet. he ha2 the anatomy of a computer chaiir.
Which Pokemon should or shouldn't be Psychic type?
2olrock, iit look2 liike a fiire/rock type.
Which one is the better mono-psychic? Alakazam from gen1, Gardevoir from gen3 or Reuniclus from gen5?
reuniiclu2 defiinetly not, alakazam and gardevoiir are both 2trong and helpful. ii choo2e them both.
Which event exclusive Psychic pixie is the best? Mew, Celebi, Jirachi or Victini?
mew and celebii? ii hate them. viictiinii ii2nt a lot better, so jiirachii.
Which of the 9 Psychic types in OU (Alakazam, Celebi, Espeon, Jirachi, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Reuniclus, Starmie) are overrated and should be in a lower tier?
defiinetly 2tarmiie.
Which Psychic types currently in a tier lower than OU should be in OU?
um....gardevoiir? or gallade.
Which Psychic Pokemon should be recolored?
the 2hiiny e2peon.
Which Psychic type can most easily fool humans?
mew, iit can u2e tran2form and learn every tm. or celebii.
How would you use your Psychic Pokemon to pull pranks on someone?
mew wiith tran2form. or a pokemon wiith hypno2ii2 and teleport >8)
What's your opinion on physically attacking Psychic types like Gallade? Do they add much needed variety or do they appear unsuitable (as they do not rely on their mental abilities)?
a phy2iically attacking psychiic type ii2 a fun pokemon to play wiith, ii have a gallade iin my mystery dungeon challenge on platiinum.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Username: Turn-it

Partner pokemon: Kt the Espeon

Reason for joining: I love psychic types! I love pokemon with high Sp.atk That's my bread and butter and maybe even jelly! :D

★ Which is the strongest Psychic type Pokemon?
IMO one who is diverse, has high speed, and has a high sp.atk

★ Which Psychic type legendary is the best? I like Celebi! Time travel is awesome! :D

★ Which is the best looking/most useful Psychic type move? Psychic :D #winning.

★ Who's the best Psychic type Gym Leader?
Sabrina of course! :D

★ Which Psychic type has the best shiny sprite?
Espeon FTW :D

★ Which Psychic type just needs a new sprite/design? None, their current designs is what makes them unique!

★ Which Pokemon should or shouldn't be Psychic type? I wouldn't take any away because to me they were made to be psychic types for a reason.

★ Which one is the better mono-psychic? Alakazam from gen1, Gardevoir from gen3 or Reuniclus from gen5? Alakazam for sure! He embodies psychic type pokemon for me.

★ Which event exclusive Psychic pixie is the best? Mew, Celebi, Jirachi or Victini?
Like I stated eariler....time traveling YAY!

★ Which of the 9 Psychic types in OU (Alakazam, Celebi, Espeon, Jirachi, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Reuniclus, Starmie) are overrated and should be in a lower tier?

I'm so happy that Espy went to OU tier but I would want him (I have a shiny one) to go back to his previous tier just because I don't want everybody using him! (selfish reasons)

★ Which Psychic types currently in a tier lower than OU should be in OU? hmm....I can't think of any right now.

★ *Which Psychic Pokemon should be recolored? I think there colors fit them just fine as is.

★ *Which Psychic type can most easily fool humans? The mime type they are clowns! :D

★ *How would you use your Psychic Pokemon to pull pranks on someone? All the time! I'd have KT trip people constantly lol

★ *What's your opinion on physically attacking Psychic types like Gallade? Do they add much needed variety or do they appear unsuitable (as they do not rely on their mental abilities)? I felt like it was unsuitable but that's because I don't use physical attacking pokemon.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club, Turn-it! I'm quite surprised to know that you only use special-attacking Pokemon. You must be really happy that Game Freak introduced Psyshock must be a real blessing for you, otherwise a couple of pink blobs would've walled you to hell and back :D!

@Hikari- Nice pictures!

@Limanya- A transforming Mew can result in so many interesting pranks. The possibilities are endless!

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
Your answer was right, I'm very sorry I overlooked that part of your post. Points given.

Haha I had almost forgot I had answered this one! Thanks :)

Gothitelle is one of my faves from gen V!! It's appearance is really cute and elegant and it can be quite strong if trained!
Here are some pics
Spoiler:

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
i THINK gOTHITELLE IS LIKE. THE gARDEVOIR OF uNOVA,

I thought the same when I first saw it..but it kinda remind me gardevoir's darker self..Gardevoir is more fairy-ish...Gothithelle is as its name shows Gothic. But I wonder what the male counterpart of gothitelle would look like. ( I know Gothitelles are not a female only species but Like gardevoir got gallade, I think gothitelle should have her counterpart)

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Well, they haven't made a male counterpart to Jynx yet so they may never. On the other hand, Jynx doesn't seem like she could have a counterpart.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Well, they haven't made a male counterpart to Jynx yet so they may never. On the other hand, Jynx doesn't seem like she could have a counterpart.
I personally think she's long overdue. Not to mention we're forgetting about Smoochum. She's only female. How would a female Pokemon evolve into a male counterpart? Unless we somehow get a transgendered Pokemon, I think her family-line is done and stuck with just those two.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
I personally think she's long overdue. Not to mention we're forgetting about Smoochum. She's only female. How would a female Pokemon evolve into a male counterpart? Unless we somehow get a transgendered Pokemon, I think her family-line is done and stuck with just those two.

Am I the only one who thinks Jynx forms a Fire-Ice-Electric trio with Magmar and Electabuzz :/ ?

And I think someone here had said that Mr. Mime was her male counterpart.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Am I the only one who thinks Jynx forms a Fire-Ice-Electric trio with Magmar and Electabuzz :/ ?

And I think someone here had said that Mr. Mime was her male counterpart.
That's what I thought too, until Magmar and Electabuzz got their new evolutions in Generation 4. But Mr. Mime can be a female. Male and Female counterparts should be able to be only their specific genders, in my opinion. Mr Mime and Jynx has nothing to do with each other anyway...

Turn-it

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Welcome to the club, Turn-it! I'm quite surprised to know that you only use special-attacking Pokemon. You must be really happy that Game Freak introduced Psyshock must be a real blessing for you, otherwise a couple of pink blobs would've walled you to hell and back :D!

@Hikari- Nice pictures!

@Limanya- A transforming Mew can result in so many interesting pranks. The possibilities are endless!

Yeah but the trouble with that is....I already have my moveset for my favorite psychic and I don't know how to incorporate psyshock into the moveset because I don't want to loose anything! But yes I hate pink blobs that are cute!

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
That's what I thought too, until Magmar and Electabuzz got their new evolutions in Generation 4. But Mr. Mime can be a female. Male and Female counterparts should be able to be only their specific genders, in my opinion. Mr Mime and Jynx has nothing to do with each other anyway...
It should be like braviary and vullaby or latias and latios, the list goes on and on.

Turn-it

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
New topic: Which do you prefer, a slow, defensive psychic that can take a hit but hit hard, or a speedy psychic that hits hard but can't take much damage?

For me it's the latter. I love fast pokemon and for it to be psychic is a super plus for me. I try to think up strategies to cover up the lack of defense.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
@Everyone- due to some recent changes in my life I wouldn't be as active as I was for a while. But I'll definitely keep the threads updated.

@turn-it- The first one hands down. I don't like glass cannons. My current favorite Psychic type actually is a lot like that-a sub cm Latias. She switches in when the time is right, sets up a quick substitute to block the opponent's toxics and thunder waves, slowly boosts up while keeping herself healthy with
recover, and then she sweeps the opposition. I've 6-0'd so many people with her!

@Limanya- How long can 'Protect' protect you? it'd miss every second turn and even if it didn't you'd have to stop using it to actually deal some damage, wouldn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back