• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
LOVING the entries so far, everyone! Gonna be so difficult picking one. What did I sign up for?! xD;

Reminder: You have 24 more hours to post your entry for the challenge. Also, I guess (this summer) we are working on a more user friendly gen 4, maybe gen 3, rng guide for PC. Anyone interested in helping me orrrr in reading it, I guess? :P

Can I be guinea pig too? I need to learn how to Gen 4 RNG.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
LOVING the entries so far, everyone! Gonna be so difficult picking one. What did I sign up for?! xD;

Reminder: You have 24 more hours to post your entry for the challenge. Also, I guess (this summer) we are working on a more user friendly gen 4, maybe gen 3, rng guide for PC. Anyone interested in helping me orrrr in reading it, I guess? :P

I wish to be a guinea pig too! I was actually gonna beg you guys to teach me 4th and 3rd gen RNGing this weekend. xD I loved your gen V guide, I used it to learn wild encounter RNGing the other day actually because I found Smogon too confusing.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Also, I guess (this summer) we are working on a more user friendly gen 4, maybe gen 3, rng guide for PC. Anyone interested in helping me orrrr in reading it, I guess? :P
I can help in writing cuz I know all three Generations :3

The thing about gen 3 guide is that... I don't know how to do shiny eggs yet. I'm veryyyy inexperienced. I do know gen 4 a bit. I will need helpers in drafting it too! :)

And I know shiny eggs as well, got my shiny egg, now working on IVs for it. I love Gastly so much :3
And, unfortunately, I need 31/x/0/31/31/31 Hasty. Wish me luck with getting those IVs ;)

ps. Shiny eggs are absolutely wicked. It takes some time and it's not easy at all. :/

evo21

RNGing is awesomes
Years
  • Age 36
  • uk
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Sweet. You're mah guinea pig?! :)

You can get your SID of your gen 3 file by palparking the Pokemon to gen 4. Put it up on Pokecheck and get its SID... However, if you want good wild shinies, you will have to SID abuse.

The thing about gen 3 guide is that... I don't know how to do shiny eggs yet. I'm veryyyy inexperienced. I do know gen 4 a bit. I will need helpers in drafting it too! :)

im working on a gen 4 RNG guide for people who use flash carts and not figured it out yet (theres no guides to it anywhere) iv got tid/sid abuse section down for it and im working on the rest so you could link both guides once there both completed :) (my flascart guide will have pics too with rng reporter 9.95)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have a feeling I will be heavily involved in writing a new RNG guide for Gen 4 with Blade, so just go ahead and ask me to do it anyway xD Great entries every one and I'm glad to see so many newer members posting and participating. By the way, thanks all for getting to 500 posts! Olli just gave me the Natural Born Leader emblem :D woot!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Here's another birthday present for someone!

004.png
361.gif
004.png

Jovani / Snorunt (f) lv. 1
Ice Body | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Leer, Spikes, Substitute, Toxic ]
-hatched in Giant Chasm-

My sister wanted me to trade her a Japanese Ditto so she could Masuda for a shiny Snorunt, but I decided RNGing her one would be better. I RNG'd a shiny Torchic for her in gen IV, but now that I can do pretty good eggs in gen V, I figured this would be a much better present. Here's to hoping she likes it! I'll trade it to her without her knowing and then be like "WHOA! When did you get this Snorunt?" lol I'll also trade it holding a Dawn Stone, since idk if she has one.

I kinda wanna do some abuses on my Japanese White, but I need a flawless Ditto and I need to register that file on Pokecheck, but I won't be able to search for Patrat on GTS because...idk Japanese haha. So idk, I might just stick with Black for RNG for the most part. :( Plus I'd wanna be able to clone my stuff on White, and if I can't register my file, can't do it. I should just go and play Zelda now lol.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

004.png
361.gif
004.png

Ice Body | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
-hatched in Giant Chasm-

My sister wanted me to trade her a Japanese Ditto so she could Masuda for a shiny Snorunt, but I decided RNGing her one would be better. I RNG'd a shiny Torchic for her in gen IV, but now that I can do pretty good eggs in gen V, I figured this would be a much better present. Here's to hoping she likes it! I'll trade it to her without her knowing and then be like "WHOA! When did you get this Snorunt?" lol I'll also trade it holding a Dawn Stone, since idk if she has one.

I kinda wanna do some abuses on my Japanese White, but I need a flawless Ditto and I need to register that file on Pokecheck, but I won't be able to search for Patrat on GTS because...idk Japanese haha. So idk, I might just stick with Black for RNG for the most part. :( Plus I'd wanna be able to clone my stuff on White, and if I can't register my file, can't do it. I should just go and play Zelda now lol.

Nice Snorut, Sydders! <3 I love it. Anyway, in case you forgot to write it down or anything, Patrat in Japanese is ミネズミ. ^^ Good luck registering... I need to register my Japanese save too but ffs xD

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years

004.png
361.gif
004.png

Ice Body | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
-hatched in Giant Chasm-

Love the Snorunt, i've been wanting to do a Snorunt for awhile now, but always do something else instead. Anyway, I'm sure you're sister will love it.

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Here's my entry for Blade's birthday! :D It took me forever but hey, it's only my 2nd RNG back fully :P

004.png
370.gif
004.png

☺ ♥Disc | Luvdisc
(m) lvl 1.
Swift Swim | Modest
Tom | 08716
31/30/30/31/31/30 HP Electric 70
Scald | Ice Beam | Hidden Power Electric | Safeguard
Hatched in Black City on 4/23/2012

The reason I chose the nickname which means Smile the heart is luv and disc if anyone was wondering. The reason I chose Luvdisc is because it is to show happiness, which is what Blade brings to a lot of us here at PC whether it be modding, helping with RNG, or just that amazing Blade that we all know! The smile is so she remembers to keep smiling on the worst days and it's gold color is to represent happiness as well. Luvdisc also represents my support to a great friend who supported me at the VGC's and with other things as well. Luvdisc may not be physically strong, but with it's trainer it's emotionally strong and this one is smiling! Happy Birthday Blade :) I hope it was a great day!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Very nice entries, everyone. Ya'll really tear at my heart! As for owner's choice, gaaaah/
Spoiler:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Syd you have done it again ^_^ haha blade you caught me on that lol, sneaky sneaky. We are just glad you had a great birthday!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh wow, I really thought that Luvdisc would win, honestly! I feel so honored haha. :) <3 Everyone else had really great entries as well. lol I feel like a victory hog or something. ;;

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Congratulations, Sydian! Good job, everybody! Now it's time for me to choose, ekhehehe!

Have a look at the next challenge:

Fossil Descendant challenge!

Humans evolved from apes, ancient Pokemon evolved as well! Pick your favourite Pokemon from the past and imagine that time turned to another species. Is Archeops as frightening as in the past or is it just a tiny pathetic birdy? Now, pick your favourite fossil and RNG descendant of the chosen Pokemon.

This challenge is based purely on your creativity and ability to give good reasons. Good luck!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Congrats Syddy! and again, Happy Birthday Blade!
This isn't for the challenge, I'll do that tomorrow or something but just a random RNG (Idk why I chose it, I guess it's because I didn't need to worry about attacking IVs and Jumpluff are fluffy :3):

004.png
187.gif
004.png

Hoppip
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Timid | Chlorophyll | 31 19 31 25 31 31
Splash, Encore, Substitute

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I LOVE THAT HOPPIP OMG IT'S MY NEW FRIEND. ;; It becomes a pink fluff. Soooo cuteeee. <333 o cool new challenge BUT HOPPIP

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Wow, congrats Sydders! Once again you stun us all with an amazing entry. Gotta look out for you or you'll win them all :P Nice Hoppip, Vappy! I can't wait to see everyone's entries for what could turn out to be a very interesting challenge.

PS: Will update leaderboard when I get home ^^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm a little confused with the challenge. Do we RNG a fossil Pokemon, something that could have descended from a fossil Pokemon, or the fossil and a descendant?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm a little confused with the challenge. Do we RNG a fossil Pokemon, something that could have descended from a fossil Pokemon, or the fossil and a descendant?

You RNG something that could have possibly descended from a fossil Pokemon. In your description, you say which fossil you think it could have descended from.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Okay well I RNGed an Anorith for the challenge, but then after re-reading it I realised that Anorith is exactly what the challenge wasn't asking for. Which I'm very annoyed about since this was a really good breed for me! It's pretty much a perfect breed (shiny, flawless) and it was going to be the best entry possible to celebrate our new TC mod, but I was too stupid to read the challenge. xD I even went to the trouble of chain breeding for Iron Defense and Rapid Spin on a Shelder D: But anyway yeah, here's my darling Anorith that I now hate:

004.png
347.png
004.png

Anorith ♂ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Battle Armour
Nature: Jolly
IVs: Flawless
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Scratch, Harden, Iron Defense, Rapid Spin​

But yeah, now that I've re-read the challenge I'll go think of something cool to RNG for it. x]

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Since I've had a lot of questions about the current challenge, I fixed the wording a bit in the first post. Here it is if you cba (Ozzy):

Challenge #13: Fossil Descendant challenge!
Humans evolved from apes, ancient Pokemon evolved as well! Pick your favourite Pokemon from the past and imagine that it evolved into another Pokemon species. Is Archeops as frightening as in the past or is it just a tiny pathetic birdy? Now, pick your favourite fossil Pokemon and RNG a possible descendant of it.

This challenge is based purely on your creativity and ability to give good reasons. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back