• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

10 forever? Come on, Ash!

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Hey guys.

Is Ash going to remain the same 10 year-old kid the entire series? He did not change one bit. At least make him taller and change how he looks a little. That's my opinion, btw!

Do you guys think he should stay 10 or do you want him to age?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Chill pills. its not Ash's fault, blame the writers

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Chill pills. its not Ash's fault, blame the writers

You think I'm blaming a cartoon character? Of course, I blame the creators.

I'm sure it has been like 3 years or more for Ash's journey. So, I would like to see an older version of him..eventually.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    hes probally 15, but if he ages then it wont be a kids show anymore

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I don't think Ash not aging has anything to do with the fact that it is a kids show.

Most animated series don't allow aging for their characters, even if the animated series in question is clearly "adult."

For instance, in the Simpsons, which by no means is a kids show, does not have the characters age, or at the very least does it in a very slow motion.

Family Guy is another instance, only this time, only one literal instance of someone aging (not counting flashbacks) has occured on the show (That being Stewies birthday.).

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I'm fine with him being ten, as long as he's matured a bit. And each series Ash has matured ^^

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Let him age damn it, let someone else like... Gary, take the Simpson Pill for the kids. Or some alternate universe with a new trainer. I personally would like Ash better if he showed some sort of sign of aging. That's what's always been ticking me since Jotho.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Let him age damn it, let someone else like... Gary, take the Simpson Pill for the kids. Or some alternate universe with a new trainer. I personally would like Ash better if he showed some sort of sign of aging. That's what's always been ticking me since Jotho.
    Some would argue his change in voice would be a sign of maturity for Ash, but I'd beg to differ. I feel like it wouldn't hurt for the writers to acknowledge Ash as at least a couple years older since he started his journey. Actually, since he's been showing signs of growth in his battling style, the best factor to back up his maturity since Day One would be for him to age a little. I don't think it's necessary that he stays 10 forever. D:

Years

• Some would argue his change in voice would be a sign of maturity for Ash, but I'd beg to differ. I feel like it wouldn't hurt for the writers to acknowledge Ash as at least a couple years older since he started his journey. Actually, since he's been showing signs of growth in his battling style, the best factor to back up his maturity since Day One would be for him to age a little. I don't think it's necessary that he stays 10 forever. D:
    I agree. If they really wanted to, I'm sure they could get away with saying "Ash, you're 13 now." without really changing anything.

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • I think they should change his age at least a little bit; it's...creepy to know that the same kid you've been watching for years hasn't changed a bit in appearance.

I actually have a rather inane theory about how Ash got a hold of the equivalent of the fountain of youth.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    To me, 10 years old is a BS age. You mean to tell me you can look at Ash/Gary/May/Dawn and tell me that they are 10 years old by the way they look and carry themselves?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Before the 3rd movie they said he was 11. So for every 3 movies make him a year older. He's 14 and Brock's 19 and May's the world's bustiest 12 year old

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    He should age every generation. I mean 1 generation - 1 year. By that logic he should be 14 now.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • It's incredible that The Pokémon Company never thinks to make him older. I agree with Semidos by the way. Seems logic to me.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Actually he has aged in the movies and in personality :P
    in the Pikachu special movies the pichu brothers one, he celebrated his and pikachu's anniversary when they first met and they first met on Ash's 10th birthday. So of course he has aged..

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • He should age every generation. I mean 1 generation - 1 year. By that logic he should be 14 now.

I agree with you. That's similar to what I was going to suggest... Just age him every time he enters a new region. That way it would be more believable. A lot more fun to compare the new and old. Ash needs to mature.

Better yet, Ash has been around for a very long time now. I mean, c'mon. Even Gary has given up his Pokemon quest to be a professor like his grandpa. I think Ash needs to mature and choose something to do with his life or hurry up and 'catch 'em all' so a new hero can emerge. We've seen Cal and Kris, we need to see more of them. I feel like they are definitely neglected because Ash simply will not grow and change and finally find his place in the world. They could do a LOT more with those other characters instead of focusing on Ash and freezing him completely in time.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • It's as if he is in some sort of time-space rift that is keeping him 10 forever

If they want him to age, they should do a time-skip, like Naruto did, and with the time skip, make it darker and edgier, also like Naruto did........

Back