• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

11/24 Persona Reveal

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • About three days ago, ATLUS set up a countdown for a surprise reveal. Speculations mounted and expectations were raised, and when the countdown was over, no one could have truly expected what was to be revealed in its entirety. ATLUS ended up releasing trailers for and announcing several games, each with varying appeal (due to genre diversity). One thing's for sure, though: if you like Persona or Shin Megami Tensei, you'll probably be interested in at least two of the announcements.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold - PS3

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - 3DS

Persona 4 - Dancing All Night - PS3

Persona 5 - PS3

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    The hype train exploded with everyone in it when they just saw the Number 5 in the last trailer on the livestream.

But at least we've a releaste date for Persona 5, at long last. Glad to see it wasn't yet another Persona 4 remake, where everyone was speculating and hoping for. Even with the much love I have for Persona 4, it was time to move on.

Err.. Not gonna comment on the Dance game.

The dungeon crawler(?) is pretty neat, i'm pretty interested. It's probably non-canon, but that's quite alright. It's about time that they expand the Persona series.

Adachi back in the sequel of Arena and Sho being more badass, there isn't much anymore what I could ask from them. The expectations really blew me off the ship.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I agree with you about Persona 4. I mean, I would have been fine with another remake since I love P4 to death, but seeing as I beat it once on the PS2 and 3 times on the Vita, I dunno if I'd really be psyched about a third version of the same thing (Persona 3 did this as well, but that was a different case when you consider the factors). So I'm definitely glad it turned out to not be a remake (and even more glad that it turned out to be so much more).

As far as the Dance game goes...my jaw dropped. It dropped because of the paradigm shift...but I get it. Persona has always been proud of its music, and this became even more the case with Persona's 3 and 4. Not to mention that the Shin Megami Tensei series has been branching out its genres for years, with one of the newest branches being Persona 4 Arena (the original). And, as popular as the Dance Rhythm games have shown to be with games like Dance Central and, more relevant, Project Diva, it's not really hard to understand why this game exists. I'm down with the idea of it, and I might even buy it myself, being both a fan of Rhythm games and Shoji Meguro as I am. Though...I've never actually played Project Diva...but this seems fun enough.

I'm pretty psyched for the 3DS one, it seems pretty interesting. It doesn't look like it'll be any lighter in tone save for the appearances of the characters. Plus, this is the 3DS' first Persona title (of sorts), and I'm interested to see where it goes.

As for Arena...I'm still kicking myself over buying the original just before they announced the sequel. Still, I'm looking forward to it, since the original was incredibly polished and well done.

And, of course, I'm excited for Persona 5, even if they're only giving use incredibly small taste testers.

Years
  • PERSONA. OH GOD SO MUCH PERSONA. IT HURTS.

But seriously, I'm so excited for Persona 5. I love Persona 4 and it's one of my favorite game of all time (I need to get around to Golden one of these days...) so I really can't wait. Let the hype begin! :D

Rhythm game huh? Um, sure I guess, seems like it will be fun enough for those who like those types of games. And true, the music is pretty damn awesome so I can understand the idea behind the game.

I think the 3DS one could turn out to be pretty great. It looks quite interesting and fun, and I've heard that the dialogue changes and the story unfolds differently depending on which group you choose to play as. However, I have no idea how I feel about the whole chibi thing. I like it but at the same time I don't... Just why that particular art style...?

I haven't played the first Arena so can't really say much about this one. I plan to pick up the original when I have time. ^^

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • The Chibi Persona characters on the 3Ds game looks pretty interesting; reminds me of Fire Emblem Awakening a tad! The game play looks pretty fun, so, I'm pretty excited for that! It's just a little weird that it's for the 3Ds though, since I'm just used to the Persona games on Sony consoles, but, no biggie! Persona 5 is also something to look forward to! I just thought it was going to be on the PS4 or something, but, eh. PS3 makes sense too.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • I'll get the Nintendo 3DS Version for sure.
    I have a Japanese and European 3DS, so as usual, I'll get it in the Region it hits first.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I've only gotten into the MegaTen series in the past few years, but it's quickly become one of my favorites and really pushed me into JRPGs becoming my favorite genre. Persona 4 Golden was the first game I played in the series so I am very much excited for Persona 5 and these other announcements. I've yet to play P4 Arena so I'll have to pick that one up soon so I can play the sequel. The 3DS game looks really interesting...although crossover games tend to be hit or miss.

Years
  • Honestly, I was kind of expecting P5 to be announced considering how much hype was put into this announcement. They started teasing it in very early Oct, right? There's no way they'd hype something this long to be a remake or a sequel to an older game. I am excited, nonetheless, to get some HD Persona going! :)

Back