• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: 1337, March 05: Pok?mon :: Shadows of Eternity

What do you REALLY think of my hack?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks so much! I'm honoured to be chosen. Yay! Two awards! ;) Hurrah! BTW, this is a hack of Sapphire, not Ruby as you mentioned. Anyhoo, super cool!

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Yay Blueguy *breaks out the fruit punch*.Why are you looking at me funny XD. Anyways congrats.

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • Eva an award is an award, no matter what or how?

Anyway this was chosen by our expert panel. And my award might not bring a sticky to this thread but it'll bring happiness to the hacker's mind and that's what is important. Don't you get happy when someone praises your work, in the same way.

~ CC

Last edited:

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
    Years
  • I'm just saying, it could easily fool n00bz, I would love this award, it has nice pretty sprites on it XD

Manmadhan

~The Blaze~
    Years
  • COOLL EXCELLETN JOB...i love it...

but if ya get the time...can ya post all 3 starters...in one post, and show there evolution..it'd be more easier to UNDERSTAND...

anyway..a.gian EXCELLETN JOB

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Alright! I have updates, as promised. I have a grand total of 4 new screens, that I whipped up, showcasing Pokedex entries. You can view them on the official site: Pokedex screens, or you can simply look at the attachments, since this was merely a ploy to get you to check out my hard work for the website. ;) You'll be able to see every single screenshot, including some you may have missed in a clean and orderly fashion. I reccomend it. Go! Now! I command thee!

REMEMBER, vote on the poll! ;)

Last edited:

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
    Years
  • I love that water type pokemon, it's so awesome! But I don't liek the fire one, he is really messy and looks liek a head with mini legs XD

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks! ;) Alright. This isn't too much of an update, but a few nights ago I sketched out a Steel/Ghost type pokemon. Think of a little flying saucer with lime green color on the top half and silver on the bottom, and you've got the first one. It'll learn moves in a whopping three categories, including ghost, steel, and electric, though its main types are Steel and Ghost. I have already sprited them, and will reveal them soon, but not just yet. I have also drawn and sprited its evolution. BTW, I'm proud to announce that I did it entirely from scratch and it looks just as I drew it. :D

The other pokemon I made is a panda, which is Dark/Normal. It is the cliched "ying and yang" stuff, learning things like faint attack and thief, along with "good" attacks and such. One of its signature moves will be swift, due to the star print on its belly.

Attached is a sketch of the dark panda, which I have not sprited yet. I won't reveal the Steel/Ghost type until a bit later.

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
  • creative!

well done.... cant wait to beat up on all these new pokemon with other new pokemon.

BTW, what's your policy on addiding pokemon created by other people (perhaps i get bored, eh?)

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    My policy? As long as it is completely your own work, meaning that you did not take it from someone without permission, and you give me the right to put it in the game, then you're able to submit, depending on quality of course. If you submit some really good sprites I'll even list you under the staff on the front of the page, like all the other people who contributed.

Thanks for the comment. ;) It was a sketch I just whipped up. I'll probably sprite it soon. Right now I'm organizing a list of all the pokemon, and putting the sprites into a folder. I'll try and make a pokedex page for the homepage too, soon.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Hmmm. This hack isn't to hot (like i put on the poll :)). Its sprites are sub standard, most edits of other pokemon that only look half origanal, and everything else seems just above average, apart from the title screen, GO TITLE SCREEN! But theres something else about this hack that i cant quite work out. It seems to have some sort of aura that makes whoever see's it unable to resist the temptation of looking fowards to this hack, and unluckily i was caught into it. Good luck and i hope this hack turns out really well.

(try and interprete that in a non flaming way)

Last edited:

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • i was saying that altho i see little to like about the hack (apart from the title screen. I forgot about the title screen, but it lookes awsome) , people including me find they cant wait to see the hack.

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    That kind of hurt my feelings. :( What you basically said was "Although your hack is a real piece of garbage, some idiots, including myself, for no good reason seem to like it." That wasn't very nice. And I "tried to" interpret it in a different way, but I couldn't get past it. Well, at the end of the day it's just a bump in the road. Criticism is a thing that people must learn to accept. :\

EDIT - now you're scrambling to edit your posts, and make them seem like they weren't pure trashing. Thanks for your comment on the title screen, though it doesn't seem to avert my eyes from everything else you said. W/e, don't try and cover it up. If you hate my hack, say it loud, say it proud. Honesty is the best policy.

Last edited:

Umbreon's Shadow

People say KYUUUU?YEY!!!
    Years
  • Maybe SOE isnt the best hack(no offense to you BG and your hack),but its my favorite right now.maybe it doesnt have scripting like DB,but oh well its a pretty good hack*waves flag saying shadows of eternity pwnz*

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • Death2004 said:
    Maybe SOE isnt the best hack(no offense to you BG and your hack),but its my favorite right now.maybe it doesnt have scripting like DB,but oh well its a pretty good hack*waves flag saying shadows of eternity pwnz*

Ya, as Death said, this may not match upto some of the amazing hacks out there but it's great and for a hack by a first-timer - it's very decent and high quality.

BG nice pic, wanna see you convert that to a sprite, I reminds me of Zangoose though.

~ CC

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I'm not gonna agree with you guys. This hack is the only one I look at everyday. I mean I look at others but I just like this one best. No offense. (i'm not flaming either)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back