• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1999 pokemon set

Days
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hello. Im Kenert from Finland. I found a full box of Pokemon set from 1999. Its not played .All the cards are in mint condition ( as I checked the corners and scratches ) since they been out of box 3 times and I put the holo ones in sleeves. It has all the cards and coins. Should I take them to PSA grading or search a buyer ? Ill add some pictures too.

Attachments

• IMG_5431.jpeg
      IMG_5431.jpeg
      212.6 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_5429.jpeg
      IMG_5429.jpeg
      247.9 KB · Views: 11
    • IMG_5428.jpeg
      IMG_5428.jpeg
      225.6 KB · Views: 10
    • IMG_5427.jpeg
      IMG_5427.jpeg
      280.1 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_5426.jpeg
      IMG_5426.jpeg
      255.4 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_5425.jpeg
      IMG_5425.jpeg
      254.9 KB · Views: 8
    Years
  • Hello. Im Kenert from Finland. I found a full box of Pokemon set from 1999. Its not played .All the cards are in mint condition ( as I checked the corners and scratches ) since they been out of box 3 times and I put the holo ones in sleeves. It has all the cards and coins. Should I take them to PSA grading or search a buyer ? Ill add some pictures too.
    Hello Kenert. I moved your post here since it is related to TCG and will have more attention in this section.

That said, feel free to introduce yourself in the Meet and Greet section!

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Hello. Im Kenert from Finland. I found a full box of Pokemon set from 1999. Its not played .All the cards are in mint condition ( as I checked the corners and scratches ) since they been out of box 3 times and I put the holo ones in sleeves. It has all the cards and coins. Should I take them to PSA grading or search a buyer ? Ill add some pictures too.
    Nice to meet you!

To be honest with you I never found the cost and effort of sending cards in to grade them was ever worthwhile. I personally think cards don't need to be graded if you want to sell them for an investment. It looks like a nice collection and I'm glad it's in sleeves!
    I'm not sure what any kind of local community in Finland is like but I'm sure there are local card shops or some kind of social media group you could find if you want to sell locally (which I'll always recommend over something like ebay) but I'm sure you should be able to find a buyer if you look hard enough. Unfortunately I just don't think I'm familiar enough with that kind of thing to help directly.

Hope this helps!

Years
    The simple answer to what to do is, do you want/need the money more, or would you prefer the nostalgia? A lot of the commons and uncommons (circle and diamond rarities), if they're not 1st Edition or Shadowless, are worth at most about $0.50 apiece (note that I'm American, so I'm using our monetary notation conventions), and none of your commons and uncommons that are visible are either of those.

Your holos might have some worth to sell, albeit how much you get is down to how much effort you want to put into selling, whether you use eBay, CardMarket, Mercari, or some other selling service. But again, do you want the nostalgia more or the cash? You could also just sell off one each of the Mewtwo, Gyarados, and Hitmonchan to get some balance of cash and nostalgia.

Days
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    The boxes are super cool and are great to have in your collection, I am definately jealous of them but not sure the value.

Back