• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Movie Hack

Anteo

The Alpha & Omega
Years
  • I was thinking of making a hack thats kinda like the first movie... It would involve a character that was not in it (w/e you name him) and I would include additional pokemon like Venustoise and Mewtwo In Armour. I want to make it a a Gold/Silver/Crystal hack (cause I'm already used to hacking the older roms) but I want to see if anyone else thinks its a good idea to make it, or if its a waste of time... So feedback please? :)

OLD POST: I was thinking of making a hack thats kinda like the first movie... It would involve a character that was not in it (w/e you name him) and I would include additional pokemon like Venustoise and Mewtwo In Armour. I want to make it a a Gold/Silver/Crystal hack (cause I'm already used to hacking the older roms) but I want to see if anyone else thinks its a good idea to make it, or if its a waste of time... So feedback please? :)

NEW POST:

Introduction:
    Greetings poke-fans, I present to you the latest idea of a pokemon GS/C hack; Pokemon (No Name Specified Yet) 1st Movie Hack!

Story
    You start out as a kid who wasn't in the 1st movie, but is added to the adventure. You start off... not sure where, but I want to add a little play time like in Kanto or Johto so we can build the character and his pokemon before he is joineed in the movie adventure with Mewtwo.

Features
    1. New palletts and textures for map and new characters
    2. Will include Venustoise, Mewtwo in Armour, and maybe other pokemon
    3. You will have many rivals (idea kinda taken from Shiny Gold and all the other trainers there that you meet, so thanks Zel :p)

Progress
    N/A (Waiting for feedback before start of project)

What I Have to Do
    I want to do everything myself from the start, so I can create the basis of it the way I wish to, including sprites and tiles and w/e.

What I Need
    Nothing as of yet, but anybody who thinks they can make a really cool sprite of mewtwo in armour or venustoise, message me please :P
    After a first release (if I start) I will want to share ideas with other people (if they want to) and collaborate to make a good game.

Reason for hack
    I watched a marathon (not all, but some) of pokemon movies and then remembered how much better the storyline of the 1st one was then the others (well at least to me) so I decided to be a part of that movie would be pretty cool xD.

Last edited:

Anteo

The Alpha & Omega
    Years
  • well I'm thinking of making the game myself, I'm capable of making Sprites and pretty much everything for the old versions, I was just curious if people wanted to play it, so I present it to them and maybe then people can add their influence and whatever. Good idea?

Anteo

The Alpha & Omega
    Years
  • thanks guys, I wanted to just throw the idea out there before I start it or update the thread, still want to hear some more feedback though. =)

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Baseballscooper said:
    It would be worth it but what can you contribute? And other people might not like it because of the graphics.

Not necessarily...some of the best hacks are 1st and 2nd gen...Like Brown and Prism...And I love the old generations hacks...Graphics don't really matter if the story Features are Excellent...If you do make this I wish you the best of luck...

Anteo

The Alpha & Omega
    Years
  • Not necessarily...some of the best hacks are 1st and 2nd gen...Like Brown and Prism...And I love the old generations hacks...Graphics don't really matter if the story Features are Excellent...If you do make this I wish you the best of luck...

Thanks, I appreciate the support. I'm glad this is an active forum where I can get feedback so quickly. I'll work on updating the thread to make it look better first and I'm still waiting for more feedback :).

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • i would like to help you on this but unfortunately,im busy with my hack and other people hack..you do not need to wait for more feedback..start organising your thread..your idea is good..Put a storyline so everyone will noe basically how the story will start..I recommend you to make a team thread,to recruit members for your team...

Anteo

The Alpha & Omega
    Years
  • i would like to help you on this but unfortunately,im busy with my hack and other people hack..you do not need to wait for more feedback..start organising your thread..your idea is good..Put a storyline so everyone will noe basically how the story will start..I recommend you to make a team thread,to recruit members for your team...

well for now I think people can make better pokemon then I can xD, so if anyone wants that I'll put it up, but I think I should start the project myself first, so I don't get lost in the wave of other people's ideas (yet :P). I do want help, but before that I want to make sure it looks at least a bit of the way I want it to xD (Hope I don't sound greedy xD)

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • Haha! Go for your hack!

We'll support you!

A game based on the First Movie?

Wait... The game is already based on the First Movie! (Well, some of it)

Haha! If you need help, I'll do the best I can! :)

P.S. = Memories... Mewtwo and the Clones...

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Your Welcome...Have you gots a name for This hack...Thats a good place to Start...Just be creative and you'll come up with a good one...and be Original...

Anteo

The Alpha & Omega
    Years
  • kk thanks for the support guys :), I haven't thought up of a name yet but I'm brainstorming. When I'll add a poll soon and if anybody has suggestions just write them here please =D.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Not necessarily...some of the best hacks are 1st and 2nd gen...Like Brown and Prism...And I love the old generations hacks...Graphics don't really matter if the story Features are Excellent...If you do make this I wish you the best of luck...

I agree but what I was getting at is that other people might be turned off because of that reason.

Back