• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2 evolutions that would have been extremely necessary in the Pokeverse

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    There are 2 evolutions that I think should have would be-
    1 Unown evolves into Sigilyph.
    2 Luvdisc evolves into Alomomola.
    Unown relates to Sigilyph because they are both Psychics as well as being ancient ruinmons while finally Sigilyph's eye is made of Unown. Luvdisc relates to Alomomola because they are both water while they have the same color almost while having the same pattern but different sizes. Tell me if you think that this theory is worth it and state what you think and feel about this idea.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Literally everyone thought Luvdisc was getting an evolution when Black and White leaks started appearing. Poor Luvdisc, poor, poor Luvdisc. I remember when it was announced that no older Gen Pokémon were to be included in the Unova dex, people still thought that it would be a post-game prevolution gimmick. Much like the Chansey and Golbat in FR/LG but the opposite.

Unown in to Sigilyph is quite interesting. I've never thought about it before but I can certainly imagine it.

Tauros > Bouffalant is always something that I could see a lot and again, leading up to Gen V's release it was thought to be an evolution of Tauros. I do think it's a shame they didn't include some sort of connection between certain Pokémon. Perhaps Unova's mysterious magnetic field forced a herd of Tauros to evolve one day? Something like that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    Literally everyone thought Luvdisc was getting an evolution when Black and White leaks started appearing. Poor Luvdisc, poor, poor Luvdisc. I remember when it was announced that no older Gen Pokémon were to be included in the Unova dex, people still thought that it would be a post-game prevolution gimmick. Much like the Chansey and Golbat in FR/LG but the opposite.

Unown in to Sigilyph is quite interesting. I've never thought about it before but I can certainly imagine it.

Tauros > Bouffalant is always something that I could see a lot and again, leading up to Gen V's release it was thought to be an evolution of Tauros. I do think it's a shame they didn't include some sort of connection between certain Pokémon. Perhaps Unova's mysterious magnetic field forced a herd of Tauros to evolve one day? Something like that.
    There did happen to be older gen Pokemon in Unova in Black 2 and White 2.

Years
    While I completely agree with the Luvdisc/Alomomola evolution, I have a hard time thinking that Unown evolving into Sigilyph is a good idea. Sure, they've got some minor similarities, but other than Sigilyph's eye, there's nothing that would suggest that they came from an Unown. If there were multiple variations of Sigilyph, then you might be on to something, but I'd have to disagree with them being related in any way as it stands.

EDIT: On a side note, 2 of my favorite Pokemon are Unown and Sigilyph though, and I'd never really thought about the minor connection between them until this thread.

Years
    At first I was really sure that Alomomola is Luvdiscs evolution, then I felt the letdown when the Gen V was revealed.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I have a feeling that they had every intention to make Alomomola an evolution of Luvdisc at first, but later decided that they wanted to make the games more fresh for new fans and not include any ties with older-generation Pokémon.

Is it weird that I initially thought that Gothitelle was going to be a Jynx evo? Both are similar to female humans, wear dresses, have purple skin, and defined lips. I figured the white bows could've been made of snow to tie into the Ice type (no pun intended).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    I wouldn't say that's true because now we have Sylveon and its based on Eevee which started back in gen 1 and kept adding more eeveelutions and will continue to add more in future generations and we could be looking at a Dragon Type Eevee for the next generation while also we have mega evolutions and they are based in Pokemon from past generations. Also another evolution that would have been nice is Furfrou evolving into Absol.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I would like to see some new pre-evolutions. Example: Mawhile. Yes, it has a freaky huge mouth attached to it's head (and possibly to it's digestive system), but what would it's pre-evo would look like? I would picture a small yellowish pokemon with black arms that has a normal head, but is holding a carnivorous plant it picked up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    I would like to see some new pre-evolutions. Example: Mawhile. Yes, it has a freaky huge mouth attached to it's head (and possibly to it's digestive system), but what would it's pre-evo would look like? I would picture a small yellowish pokemon with black arms that has a normal head, but is holding a carnivorous plant it picked up.
    It would be better to see more prevolutions as in Furfrou evolves into Absol.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
    Years
    I wish that Alonomola was related to Luvdisx!

1. They're both fish!
    2. They're both pink!
    3. They are both water types!
    4. They have the same gender ratio: 75% Female, 25% Male
    5. They have similar personalities and characteristics
    6. Alomomola's fins are slightly heart-shaped. SLIGHTLY.

I love Alomomola, and it would have been good motivation for keeping all those Luvdisc I caught. (Hey I was farming heart scales and forgot to bring a Pokémon with thief, okay!)

Back