• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#2 - Limited Palette

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #2 - Limited Palette
    Hosted by: Scarf
    Approved by: Scarf

You asked for it and now you have it. The Weekly Pixel Art Challenge continues!

The current format is for these contests to operate on changing themes chosen by the current host in conjunction with the previous week's winner. All entries should follow the current theme and the host will determine if an entry does not should there be a question.

Once the contest is finished the host and a select and terribly unqualified panel of judges will decide the winner who will (hopefully! eventually!) be rewarded with a shiny emblem for their hard work.

There is no theme for this first week, but there is a palette limitation. You'll be making your entries from no more than 8 colors of your choosing. Good luck everyone!

Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
    • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
    • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
    • No previously made work.
    This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: No limit
    • Palette Requirements: 8 colors
    • Transparency: Optional (does not count as one of your colors)
    • Animation: Optional
    • Other: None, but if you can't think of a subject then here's an entirely optional theme: hobbies.

If you have any questions or concerns please VM me.

Contest ends August 16th @ 11:59 PM (UTC−08:00, California time)​

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
    #2 - Limited Palette

Sunset~
    Uses exactly 8 colors (black included)

Last edited:
    Years
    #2 - Limited Palette

My Entry.
    Uses exactly 8 colours (Including black and white)
    4 colours for the explosion.
    2 for black and white
    2 for anti-aliasing the clouds and explosion with the blue sky.

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    #2 - Limited Palette

I would have made this a bigger piece but, I feel that pixel art is about attention to all the small details, I wanted to put as much detail as I could while keeping it at a reasonable size. Because pixel art is all about attention to detail on small sprites. It uses 6 colors (2 free colors left :P ) and took me about 2 hours.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Woo! Here's mine. It's got only 7 colors :3

#2 - Limited Palette

Last edited:
    Years
    Sorry for the late response, everyone. This contest is now ~over~.

I'll have the results posted some time later today when I have a free moment and internet access once again.

~*~

Thanks to our entrants, all four of you. The entries were quite varied and again it was hard to pick a winner. Like how Chibi Robo said attention to the small details is part of what makes pixel art what it is, I also think that making the most out of what you had to work with was what influenced me most toward picking a winner.

And this week that winner is Kinarii.

#2 - Limited Palette

Congrats, Kinarri, on your wonderful flying dragon. It's beautifully made, but the inclusion of the little things - the decorative border, the translucent scales along the dragon's back, even the outline of your clouds - made this piece stand out.

The next contest will be up ASAP.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back