• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 2 shinies in one horde FIRST LIVE?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2014
    I'm not sure if I should post this in an own thread or not, but IF THIS IS WRONG JUST TELL ME.

So, apearantly I'm the first one to ever record a live double shiny encounter in pokemon X and Y o - o
    Since I'm a new member I can't post links, so just search for "LuxuryLuxray" and you'll find the video! It's the Zubat video

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I saw an ingame screenshot that contained five Shiny Starly in a single horde.

Though whether or not that was hacked, the odds for finding five shiny Pokemon in the same horde are rarer than that of winning a lottery jackpot.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2014
    The odds for finding TWO shiny pokemon in one horde is 1/838 860,8
    Three is POSSIBLE, but 4 and 5 is INSANE

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Could you please try embedding this video, Luxray? It's great that you've run into two shinies at once; don't think I'd ever be as lucky to do such a thing, haha.

Years
    You lucky thing!! :) That reminds me of my first shiny - a Golbat in Pokémon Diamond haha :) I wonder if shinies are less rare when it comes to hordes then? Either way thank you for sharing! :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Wow, very lucky. I'm happy to find one shiny in a horde, if I saw two I wouldn't believe it!

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2014
    The chance of finding a shiny has dropped to 1/4096, and in a horde battle you meet 5 pokemon at the same time, so the chance is 5/4096 in a horde, which also means 1 / 819,2

The chance of finding two is 1 / 838 860,8
    The chance of finding three is 1 / 1 144 457 789,44
    The chance of finding four is 1 / 2 343 849 552 773,12
    The chance of finding FIVE is 1 / 960 040 776 815 699,52

---

Yeah, it's realy lucky that I got to meet 2 shinies p o p AND that I also had my camera on when I did!

Azar

Elite Four
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    Wow! You've a great luck. Congratulations for your shiny Zubat... I need to play Pokémon XY and find a shiny Pokémon.

Back